• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 4,729 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Human - XyroX



A human baby ends up in Equestria, and who'd be better to take care of it than Fluttershy?

  • ...
3
 19
 4,729

Chapter 2

Even before the sun rose Fluttershy was woken by a loud crying. She looked around terrified and slowly she remembered about the last night. Angel stood next to the basket and waved her to come and take a look, so she did. The little creature was still sucking on its thumb, but at least it stopped crying when it saw Fluttershy.

“Good morning, ehm… you. I’m sure you’re hungry! What do you want to eat?”

She took a few apples and carrots, but the little thing just looked at her with wide opened eyes.

“Can you even understand me? And what are you supposed to eat? Oh, my dear, you’re a total mystery to me. What are you even? Are you a boy? Or a girl?”

She raised the blanket and his diaper a bit and took a quick glance, immediately flushing as she realized what she actually just did.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I just didn’t think about it! But you look like a boy, so what’s your name? Do you even have a name?”

The boy still looked at her with wide, curious eyes. Fluttershy sighed.

“Well, I think I’ll give you a name then. At least as long you’re with me, you’re Olu, is that alright for you?”

He started smiling when he heard the name, evidence enough for Fluttershy that he liked it. She still didn’t know what he would eat, but she realized that he hadn’t even teethes, so apples and carrots were out of thought. What else? Maybe a soup? Or milk? Milk’s always good, who would reject a fresh glass of milk in the morning? Fluttershy let Angel take care of Olu for a moment and went outside to milk one of the cows behind her house. When she came back in, she filled it into the littlest glass she could find.

“Here we go, Olu, I’ve got some great milk for you! Fresher than this one you can’t get it!”

She offered him the glass, but he just looked at it without any further reactions. Maybe she had to feed him? Who knows if he’s able to hold the glass by now, she didn’t even know how old he was! So she carefully lifted him in her arms and held his little head a bit up, than she used her wing to grab the little glass and held it in front of his mouth. Olu immediately knew what to do, he opened his mouth and tried reaching the glass with it, and as Fluttershy started pouring the milk into it, he even lifted his tiny hands and grabbed the glass.

After the glass was empty she carefully tapped on his back like she would do with a foal, and she instantly heard the reaction she was waiting for: Burp. Fluttershy giggled and lied Olu back into his bed. Suddenly, a terrible smell reached her nose.

“Oh, my, what in the name of Celestia is this? Where does that smell come from? Is it your- yep, your diaper, great. Angel, dear, could you please go upstairs and look for some diapers? I’m pretty sure we have some left from the baby dragon last month. I hope they’ll fit…”

Angel came back a few moments later and Fluttershy started changing Olu’s diaper. It was a bit challenging since she never saw a creature like him before and didn’t know how it was done properly, but after a few minutes she was satisfied with the result.

“Alright, now I think it’s time to visit Twilight. I’m so curious about what you actually are!”

Olu looked at her and giggled, happy about her excitement. She lied him back into his basket, covered him with his blanket and went out.

During her way to Twilight she tried to stay away from any other pony, so nopony would see Olu, they could be frightened by him or they could be too curious and bomb Fluttershy with questions, and she didn’t like any attention if it could be avoided. She knocked on Twilight’s door, and the alicorn opened up immediately.

“Hey, Fluttershy, how’s it going?”

“Uhm, hi, Twilight, I’m fine. Can I come in? I have something really important to talk about.”

“Sure, come in.” The ponies went inside and Twilight closed the door behind her. “So, what’s it about?”

“Remember the storm last night? This extremely horrifying storm that scared everypony?”

“Erm, yes, I’m sure we were all as scared as you because of this storm… Though there isn’t any scientific reason to be scared of rain and wind. But I get your point, the storm.”

“In the middle of the storm it suddenly seemed to tail off, remember? And then, when it was quite, I heard a strange noise in my front yard, and I just had to look what was going on there, it sounded like a little filly whining, all alone in this weather!”

“And of course you couldn’t let any creature alone in this storm, could you?”

“Right, so I took a look, and I found… this little guy.”

Fluttershy placed the basket in front of Twilight. The alicorn watched her curious while she carefully took away the blanket and revealed the tiny body underneath.

“May I introduce you to Olu? He lay inside this basket right in front of my door, and I couldn’t let him out there in the cold!”

Twilight gasped and shrank back, but her curiosity forced her to slowly come back to the basket and look inside it.

“Fluttershy, what is this? It looks like a monkey, just more… naked.”

“I have absolutely no idea, but just look how cute he is! I must take care of him, somepony must have left him behind, and he needs somepony to look after him!”

“Remember the last time you found something cutsy-wutsy and wanted to take care of it? Yes, I’m talking about the parasprites. Are you sure you want to take this risk again?”

“Don’t be silly, Twilight, just look at him! He’s an infant, what damage could he cause? I’m sure Olu would never ever harm anypony! Isn’t that right, Olu?”

She bend over the basket and squeezed his cheek, making him laugh.

“I’m not sure about this, Fluttershy… we should inform the princess about your little friend .And you should let me make a few investigates, this way we could find out more about him, and you can get sure he is healthy. Alright?”

“Maybe you’re right… but don’t hurt him! I don’t want to see any scalpel, syringe or something like this during your check up!”

Twilight sighed and started rummaging in one of her drawers. She pulled out a few things and Spike started cleaning out a table to make room for the investigation. The alicorn started her work, her dragon assisting her. Fluttershy just stood there and watched them horrified, but Twilight ignored her and focused on her work.


“So, Fluttershy, it seems like Olu is totally healthy, but I’m afraid that’s everything I can say about him so far. I don’t have the equipment and he’s too small to make a real check up, so I think we have to wait until he grew up a bit before we continue with my research. But for now, I hope you’re soothed that he’s all right. No cold, no flu, not even a little scratch anywhere. Whoever left him at your house took care well for him. Did you figure out by now anything about him?”

“Not exactly, but it seems he likes milk. And he needs a diaper. Oh, and I think he somehow… understands me. I know, every creature in Equestria understand me, but it’s like he really knows what I’m talking about, like when you’re talking to a little filly! When I first chose his name he started smiling, telling me that he likes his name. Do you think he can hear us right now? Will he maybe even be able to talk some day?”

“I don’t know, but it seems he is very intelligent. I don’t want to make you any hopes that may not come true, but I can see a huge potential in him. The time will tell. Now, I have to write the princess about Olu. I’m sure she’ll want to see him, so please stay at home for the day, and get sure that nopony sees him, all right? We don’t want to cause any trouble unnecessary. Spike, take a pen!”

“I actually had in mind to stay at home anyway. Angel will look for the other animals for today, so I’ll be with Olu all the time.”

Twilight didn’t seem to listen to her, she was too busy with her latter for Princess Celestia. Fluttershy sighed and left the house, heading her way to her own one.

Like on the way to Twilight she stayed away from anypony, making sure nopony spotted Olu inside the basket. She had a few problems, especially with dodging this one mint green unicorn. Lyra Heartstrings. One of the most curious ponies in existing, always a little hyperactive and clingy if she finds something that intrigues her, but actually that description fits to almost everything. She somehow spotted Fluttershy and the basket, and that was reason enough for her to wake the desire of wanting to know what’s inside it, but Fluttershy was able to get rid of her, thanks to her wings. She was never the fastest flyer, but this one time she was grateful for it, a fast pegasus like Rainbow Dash would have shook the basket too much and could endanger Olu, but with Fluttershy’s slow and soft flaps there wasn’t any danger for her little friend.

After she shook off Lyra she arrived at home. She locked the door, shut the curtains and placed the basket again in her living room, not too far away from the fireplace to make sure Olu wouldn’t freeze.

“Oh Angel, what have I gotten myself into with this little guy? But I couldn’t just have let him out there. Yes, it was the right thing to take care of him. Maybe Twilight finds out more about him and we can find him someone of his species. But even if we don’t, I will offer him the best home he could ask for! Imagine he will call me ‘Mom’ one day!”

Fluttershy had the biggest grin on her face. Yes, she was Olu’s mom, and he was her little son. She softly stroke his cheek and he grabbed her hoof and started playing with it. She smiled even wider when he tried to stuck it into his mouth. It was time for him to take a nap, so Fluttershy covered him and kissed him on his forehead, then she dimmed the light a bit. When she looked back into the basket, Olu was fallen asleep already.