• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 700 Views, 21 Comments

OC Overdose - arkman575



What would you do if you found your oc in your house? What would you do if you were not the only one?

  • ...
2
 21
 700

New School, New Challenges P.2

New School, New Challenges

P.2

“What?” Andrew said, turning to his less than confused acomples.

“Ya, I sort of made Night kill his mother.” Caelan explained, not receiving the shock Andrew was.

“You made him kill his own mother?” Andrew quietly yelled. “Never mind the life scarring trauma, but what kind of plot development is that?” Caelan just looked at Andrew, who had just realised what he just said. “Ya, I probably need to set my priorities straight.”

Caelan just stares off into a cliche distance as both Seth and Night notice their human companions were occupied elsewhere. Seth nudged Andrew with his paw.

“So, what’s up with the new guy here.” Seth asks.

“From my assumption, he is in a flashback. Either that, or he passed out while standing straight up. By the way, how did your argument with Night end?” Andrew asked.

“Rather well, all things considering.” Night replied. “We finally figured that we were from alternate dimensions. Since Twilight of Seth’s dimensions wanted to establish interdental relations, this theory of multiple dimensions is already proven. I got here via portal, so it was probably related to the spell Seth used. How we both ended up here is beyond us.” Night finished.

Andrew stared at pony with a much confused look. “And how did you come to this explanation?”

“We found a discarded paper on the floor with the notion scribbled on it.” Seth replied, holding up one of Andrew’s papers on the potential theories he wrote down earlier.

‘Well, score one for altering reality.’ Andrew thought to himself. “So, neither of you are holding grudges against each other?”

“Nope.” They replied in unison.

“By the way, is this normal for him?” Andrew gestured to Caelan.

“I thought it was a human thing to stand around and look dumbstruck.” Night commented, earning a slight snicker from the wolf. After a few seconds of examination, Night poked Caelan several times in the chest. After at least a dozen moderate jabs to the chest.

“Fuck this.” Night heaves a less than severe blow to Caelan, sending the man the cough behind him.

“What the freak just happen?” Caelan asked as he looked around trying to see what hit him.

“Huh. A bit rash, but effective none the less.” Andrew said, stroking his beard.

“Not to break up this... what ever this is,” Seth called to the group. “But shouldn’t you be in a bit of... well, horrific pain from that bite I gave you?”

It took Caelan a moment to speak “You’re right, why am I not bleeding? Also, shouldn’t the two of you be murdering each other?”

After a brief explanation on the events that passed, Andrew returned to the original topic at hand.

“About the whole ‘can't hurt each other’ thing, any ideas there?” Andrew said, sitting down on a sofa.

Seth raised his paw. “Would that mean that we can't hurt you guys?”

“I doubt that we can’t hurt-”

Before Night could finish, Seth took a slash at Andrew’s arm with his paw.

“Oww! What the hell?” Andrew yelled as he clutched his bleeding arm.

“Ok, so I can hurn Andrew. So why didn’t I even break skin with you here.” Seth casually asked.

Andrew stood from the couch and walked off to the bathroom to treat his wounded arm.

“So, as I was saying before you did that,” Night began, shaking his head. “I think we can hurt our companions, like I did with Wolf here.”

“Wolf?” Seth asked.

“I like to be called Wolf” Caelan explained. “ You got a problem mut, I’m still mad at you for what you did to me early.”

‘Lay off, shimp!’ Seth mentally commented, giving Caelan his usual stare of death.

“But, I don’t think we can do lasting damage to the unrelated person.” Night elaborated. “When you attacked Wolf here, he just felt immediate pain. This would be like if you were to aggravate a nerve, it just lasts for a brief period unless there is a continuous sources of aggravation. Since Seth didn’t break bone or even cause a bruise, he must have just aggravated a the surrounding nerves. Why this happened is again beyond me.”

Andrew walks in from the bathroom, his arm covered in a badege.

“Let me demonstrate.” Night said before punching Andrew on the already injured arm.

“Ahh, what the fucking hell is wrong with you people!” Andrew yells, gripping his arm again.

“Uh Andrew? They are not people, they are Equestrians” Caelan commented.

“See, he isn’t bleeding again. It was just aggravation of nerves.” Night explained with pride. With that comment, Andrew used his uninjured arm and gave Night a rather hard uppercut.

“You know what, fuck all of you. I’m done with this...what ever the hell this is.” Andrew yelled before storming out the door.

Seth was the first to speak. “What did I do?”

Night rubbed his jaw. “Ok, firstly, oww. Secondly, you slashed his arm.”

“Right...” Seth replied.

Andrew stormed back inside, still furious. “This is my house.” He said as he walked into the kitchen.

An awkward silence filled the room; all that could be heard was the sound of Andrew most likely fixing himself a sandwich for an early lunch. Seth, feeling he needed to justify his actions, spoke first.

“Truthfully, I doubted that it would actually work.” Seth commented. His two associates gave him a less than enthusiastic face.

“What? Actually cut him?” Night protested. “Thats what usually happens when you slash somepo- someone.”

“Fine, but what did you prove by hitting him in the arm? Usually people don’t bleed when they are punched.” Seth retorted.

“Hey guys, I’m going to check up on Andrew and see if he’s not bleeding out or anything.” Caelan cut in, grabbing no one’s attention.

“Well, it could have ruptured a blood vessel or something from when you took a chunk out of his arm.” Night quipped.

Caelan stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen to see Andrew leaning on a counter over a toaster oven

“Hey... how’s your arm?” Caelan weakly asked.

Andrew turned to face the guest. “Well, besides hurting like hell, it’s doing rather well.” Andrew said with a small smirk.

“Zecora pun intended?” Caelan asked, taking a chair of a round table.

“What p-” Andrew started, realising what he said earlier. “Oddly enough, not really. How are the two boys out there?”

Caelan sighed. “Their arguing over why they attacked you.” A metallic ding broke their conversation. Andrew turned to the oven and pulled out a salami sandwich and placed it on an awaiting plate.

“You want a one?” Andrew called over to his friend. “It’s smoked salami”

“If you insist.”

Andrew pulled out a knife and halved the sandwich, and grabbed a second plate. Joining Caelan, the two ate, not caring about the conversation in the background.

“Speaking of the our OCs, is it just me, or are they starting to become real?” Andrew asked between bites. “I mean not as in alive, but as in actually having life. They seem to have their own emotions and characteristics that I could never dream creating.”

“Ya, I know what you mean.” Caelan replied. “Night and I are pretty close. I’m looking out for him and, in return, he’s looking out for me. That’s the strange thing though, he never has cared for any other pony except himself or anypony effecting him.”

“Than thats saying something then.” Andrew explained. “You are a big piece of his life to him, bigger than you let yourself see.”

“Huh, maybe you're right” Caelan said, standing from the table and grabbing his empty plate. “Lets go check out how the two are doing being left alone.”

After the two stowed away their eating wear, they were about to walk into the living room before a scream broke the atmosphere.

“Nightmare is not LUNA!” They could hear Night yell.


Ten minutes earlier

“Fine, but what did you prove by hitting him in the arm? Usually people don’t bleed when they are punched.” Seth retorted.

“Well, it could have ruptured a blood vessel or something from when you took a chunk out of his arm.” Night quipped.

“You're still dragging that back out! How about we call this even and move along.” Seth

“Agreed. So, you're a diplomat?” Night asked, looking to Caelan, who was nowhere to be found.

“Oddly enough, after a life of military training, I’m now a royal diplomat for the equine throne.” Seth explained, resting himself on a couch cushion.
“How’s the life of a prince?”

“Uh, well three days isn’t very long, so it’s hard to say. Me and my father had a big fight before I came over here, so yea,” Night replied.

“So, in your universe, are the sisters still alive?” Seth asked.

“Sadly, no. Celestia is frozen in stone and Luna is dead. Something about Luna makes me think about Nightmare moon, my mother,” Night said as he hung his head low.

“Well...Sorry to hear your loss.” Seth replied, looking away from Night.

“What loss?” Night asked.

“You said Luna dies. So...” Seth trailed off.

“What do you mean? Tell me now,” Night demanded.

“Nightmare moon... is Luna...”Seth hesitantly explained.

“What do you mean?” Night said, his heart dropped.

“Luna turned to Nightmare Moon when she fell to her hatred. After the elements of harmony defeated her, she returned to her normal self.” Seth elaborated.

“You lying, Nightmare died and I killed Luna. Nightmare is not LUNA!” Night yelled. Seth only looked away, he knew the hardship of his loss. The death of his brother only proved that. Both Andrew and Caelan ran into the room.

“What’s going on?” Andrew asked.

“Nightmare is not Luna!” Night repeated. “You fucking liar, I knew I couldn’t trust you,” Seth was about to stand and defend himself, but realized what little it would do.

“Night calm down, I got something to tell” Caelan was stopped.

“NO! This little mut is telling a lie higher than Celestia,” Night said.

“Night, calm, HE’S TELLING THE TRUTH!” Caelan scream, tears starting to pour down his face.

Andrew and Seth look at each other. “We should probably leave, this is kind of their moment here” Seth whispers.

“Lets give them a few minutes alone.” Andrew agreed. The two slowly walk into Andrew’s office. Andrew sat in his chair while Seth curled up on the floor.

“So, what do you think will happen with the two of them.” Andrew finally asked.

“Between the loss of his mother, and all he has been through here, it will just take time for him to recover.” Seth explained “I have felt the loss of family before, it will just take time.”

“But didn’t Night just say he...” Andrew didn’t need to finish the sentence, the two both knew what he was going to say.

“Night killed his own mother...” Seth stated. The two stared at the floor, unsure of what to do. A sudden scream breaks the silence.

“I’m a what?” Night yelled

“Come on, we better see what’s up.” Andrew called to the wolf as the walking into the living room.

“An original character,” Caelan replied. “I made up your whole life, you're from a book,” He cried out.

“So everything about me is a LIE!” Night was furious.

“Dude, we talked about this, we can't say-” Andrew began

“Wait, you were in on this too?” Night yelled facing the newcomers.

“Let me tell you something, Seth is Andrew's OC, he made up Seth,” Caelan commented.

“What?” Seth said, looking up at Andrew.

“Damn it dude, we can’t just tell them! Don’t you know what they’re going to do to us once they realise what we’ve done?” Andrew said in pure shock.

Caelan turned around and saw Andrew’s expression. “I’m sorry Andrew, it’s now or never, if we told them later, it could be worse.”

“What do you mean ‘made me up’?” Seth asked Andrew, much annoyance in his voice.

“Well, technically, you were from a book I wrote...” Andrew began, slowly backing away from the peeved wolf.

“So you are trying to say I’m from a book? You...” Seth began, only losing himself in this train of thought. “...No. My life, a... a...” He mumbles to himself.

“Both of you are, please, we can explain,” Caelan said, his tiers were clearing up.

“Ya, Caelan can explain this.” Andrew hastily said, backing away from the group.

“Uh.....No, Andrew you’re helping me,” Caelan said. Seth then advanced on Andrew.

“Andrew, what the wolven hell are you keeping from me!?!” The wolf yelled, pouncing on Andrew and pinning him to the ground.

“Well... Caelan’s right. We unknowingly created you.” Andrew explained, ignoring the pain of fall.

“That has already been stated. How did you create us?” Seth demanded again, now raising his claws to Andrew’s throat.

“I don’t know! I just was bored one day and decided to become a writer. I thought up you and decided to create a novel! I’m not sure of Caelan over there, but it’s probably similar to that.” Andrew stuttered.

“That’s about the same way,” Caelan said, Night had picked him up so he couldn’t move.

“So what your telling us is that you both created our lives and past?” Seth questioned, pressing down harder on Andrew’s throat. “You killed off countless lives because you were bored!?

“Night...please I’m sorry let me down and I explain all I can,” Caelan yelled. “Seth let Andrew go and we'll explain,”

“No, I like where he is now.” Seth said. “Plus, what is there to explain. You have basicly nearly killed off two sentient races, murdered the equine throne and made Night over there kill his own mother for wolven sake. What more do you have to say?”

“Celestia is not ...dead,” Caelan was being almost choked. “She’s just frozen in stone, and right before Night came here I was going to write were Night finds out his mother,”

“My point still stands, we have basically lived through wolven and pony hell, all because of you two!” Seth stated. He had been pressing hard enough on Andrew’s throat that the man was now unconscious.

“Night I know what it's like to lose a love one,” Caelan began “I started writing about you right after my grandma died,”

“Ya, and I lost my entire team, my parents, and my own brother. Join the club.” Seth retorted, climbing off Andrew.

“Why are you after me, I have done nothing to you, Night should be the one doing this,” Caelan commented.

“I couldn’t lash out at him over there,” Seth said, gesturing over the inanimate corpse. “You seemed like a likely candidate for ridicule.”

“Seth back down, I’ll handle him,” Night finally spoke. “Now tell me, WHY!”

“We didn’t know what we were doing, here writing is just for fun. I didn’t know you would be alive and here on Earth,” Caelan stammered.

A sudden gasp for air caught the attention of the three as Andrew sat up in a bit of a panic.

“Seth... I really hate you sometimes...” Andrew daily said as he stood to face the others. “How long was I out?”

“Not too long. You didn’t miss much.” Caelan replied from within the magic aura. “All I have to say is.....Seth I hate you,”

“And what the wolven hell did I do to you?” Seth barked.

“You told Night about Luna being Nightmare....urg,” Caelan choked.

“Ya, but Night brought up the subject in the first place!” Seth retorted.

“He has a point there.” Night added.

“Ya, but Andrew should have mentioned something to me about having a wolf that loathes Discord.” Caelan protested.

“Ok, how did I get back in this?” Andrew said before entering a coughing spasm due to his injured throat.

“You didn’t tell me that Seth would gladly kill my best friend!” Caelan replied.

“We are friends?” Night asked, gaining Caelan’s attention.

“What do you mean, yes we are friends,” Caelan respawned.

“Really? Usually friends don’t choke each other.” Seth commented.

“Night, just let Caelan go. Friendship is magic.” Andrew begged. He hated the phrase, but it always worked in the show.

“Uhh, not you too.” Seth groaned. “I thought I left all that ‘friendship’ stuff in Equestria.”

“One thing I forgot to say, I had no friends at the time of writing about Night, so this was my getaway from life, that and video games,” Caelan replied, trying to get air.

“So wait, another reason is because you had no friends?” Night replied. Andrew noticed a tear.

“Yep, and all three of my dogs died before you came along,” Caelan said.

“You hold canines as pets?” Seth stammered, looking from Caelan to Andrew. “That’s slavery!”

“Seth, I’ll explain this to you later.” Andrew reassured.

“Night, please get off,” Caelan cried. “I’m going to go home, come when you want to,” Night stood from Caelan and allowed him to leave. After he left the house, both OCs turned towards Andrew, who had just recovered from his previous injury.

“All emotional things put aside for a moment, did he just leave me for dead?” Andrew asked.

“As much stuff as he’s been through, just let him.” Night answered.

“So...are you guys still mad at me, or are we cool...” Andrew sheepishly asked.

“You still haven’t said a word about the thousands of lives you let die off because you were bored. Maybe Night is fine with his mother thing, but my life wasn’t ruined by Discord, it was because of you!” Seth declared.

“Just a quick shout out,” Night said from behind Seth. “I have nothing against you Andrew.”

“Seth, I’m sorry for doing this to you. It wasn’t intentional.” Andrew began. “When I wrote this out of boredom, I was bored because my friends had betrayed me. I tried to write you in the perfect image of loyalty and honor, everything I respect. I hoped to create a wolf who shared my insight on honor, someone who knew what loss of his friends and family. All I have is my dad, and barley that at times. I wrote you so that you could bring a war torn nation to peace. In a way, I thought that writing the story, I could make amends to my life as well. All I did was bring the hero to my world apparently. I can never replace what you have lost in your time as a warrior or as a diplomat, I just hope that this explanation at least shows what intentions I had in writing your grim past.”

Seth didn’t flinch a muscle. “This doesn't change a thing. I don’t care if you had a depressing life, I had to live through the hell you wrote me. To you, those deaths were just an idea. To me... to me, they were my brothers and sisters. Each one of their deaths I had to carry. I don’t care if the pony is ok with Caelan’s reason, but you are dead to me.”

“Seth, chile. Andrew didn’t mean to create you, like with Caelan with me,” The alicorn spoke from across the room.

“Look, I’m sorry about your loss, but this isn’t your fight.” Seth said to Night. “This man had unknowingly slain countless lives. I... I just can't live with that!”

“I know you have lost a lot, but he didn’t know we were real, and this is my fight you’re about to hurt my creator’s only human friend.” Night stated. “If I have to I’ll use my magic to hold you in a bubble again.”

“Look, I was starting to like you,” The wolf replied, turning back to Andrew. “But if you are going to stand in my way for bestowing justice to all of my kind, then I will be forced to remove you as well.”

As if tensions were not high enough, the door to the house was ripped off it’s hinges. All heads turned to see Caelan standing in the newly opened door frame.

“ANDREW!” He started “Is Night Still......here?”

“You...” Andrew began, standing from the floor. “You just destroyed my door.”

Caelan ran over to Night and started to hug him.

“What the” Night was stopped by the crying of Caelan.

“Did I just miss something here?” Seth asked, eyeing the two. Andrew was speechless, looking over the splintered remains that was his door.

“Night, I thought I lose you,” Caelan cried.

“What do you mean?” Night replied, he looked up with confusion.

“The story it-it-it was deleted!” Caelan yelled.

“What do you mean?” Night asked. “Wait, if the story was deleted then why am I still here?”

“I don't know, but I’m just happy,” Caelan said.

Walking back to the group, Andrew turned to Caelan. “So, you had to basically- no, literally break into my house to tell him that?”

“You know, sometimes you’re a real killjoy, you know that?” Seth called from in the living room. “Also, getting back to the topic here, Night’s story was deleted?”

Caelan stood up and brushed himself off. “Yes, but who did it I don’t know. I went on Fimfiction and I got a notification saying the story was deleted for inactivity,”

“Well, just looking at the brighter side here, Night’s fine and better than ever.” Andrew pointed out. “So looks like everything is good for him. Just out of curiosity, I probably should check mine as well.”

Andrew walked into his office and pulled up the Fimfiction page from his bookmark list. Checking his notifications, one caught his eye.

Dear valued user,

As of this moment, the story ‘Peace among Warriors’ has

been deleted due to inactivity. We are sorry, but we have to maintain

our standards. If you wish to speak to a representative, please leave a

reply and wait up to 30 business days for an answer.

“Caelan! We are either being trolled or we are being hunted.” Andrew called from the office.

After explaining his story’s fate, Andrew excused Caelan and Night at their request. Standing the door where it should have been, he returned to living room where Seth was waiting for him.

“Look, I know we still have this huge justice thing to deal with, but can we postpone the inevitable until we get this whole story thing figured out?”

“Only because it’s for your friend that I let you live. You promised to help him out with this phenomenon, so once that is accomplished, I have no reason not to kill you.” Seth stated.