• Published 9th Dec 2013
  • 579 Views, 6 Comments

Incarnation - Freaky Frisbee



Twilight has much to learn about being an alicorn. Aside from her new pair of wings, what else has changed about everyone's favorite librarian?

  • ...
1
 6
 579

Chapter 1 (Vison)

Twilight Sparkle was flying.

A mere month ago, such an act would have been novel beyond imagination for the former unicorn. Even in recent days, as she struggled to become accustomed to her newest appendages, flying with any sort of competency was a treat. The sensation of gliding and soaring throughout space with such ease and grace was immaculate.

Twilight wasn’t just flying. She was free.

Free from any sort of preoccupations, any fears, any thoughts, anything. All she could feel was the sublime joy of existing. All she could see was the luminous beauty of the world around her as it sped past at speeds that would even make her friend Rainbow Dash, quite possibly one of the fastest beings throughout all of Equestria’s history, gape in awe.

Despite the speeds at which she seemed to be traveling, she was aware of everything. Every being that ever lived, every scrap of matter that ever existed, every emotion ever felt, every word ever spoke, every thought brought into consciousness, all of it.

Twilight Sparkle felt at peace with existence, and all of creation seemed to share in her sentiments.

She began to pick up speed, and before she could acknowledge it, her surroundings melted into a blur of color, shifting by itself, alive with the primal energies of Life.

And then she crashed.

But it wasn’t just a physical crash, although that was definitely part of it. It felt as if every atom of her being was alight with pain that burned so hot, Celestia’s Sun could have been ice. It was more than that. It was a spiritual crash. No longer could she feel the universe around her, no longer was she at peace, she was filled with worry, concern, chains of emotion and gags of thought. If the sensation of agony wasn’t enough to bring her to tears, the loss of such divine joy surely drove her over the edge.

Twilight Sparkle knew misery in its rawest form.

And then, she knew nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight Sparkle, newly anointed Princess of Equestria awoke in a cold sweat.

She was shivering, to the point where she could feel her brain jolt in her skull. She was soaked with sweat, and her eyes stung. She brought a hoof to wipe her eyes, only to find them streaked with red. Blood.

But she wasn’t concerned with that. She could almost deal with the pain of her flesh. What truly hurt was her soul. That was not of Luna’s domain, that was far more than a simple dream. That was real. What she had felt was real. What she had lost was real.

And so, Princess Twilight Sparkle, newly anointed ruler of the land of Equestria, Chosen Bearer of an Element of Harmony, Regent of Magic, curled up in a ball, and wept like she had as a filly.



Far, far away, in the pristine city of Canterlot, in the hallowed castle of the Sisters, Celestia Solarum, Regent of Ever-Burning Sol, knew. She had felt the world warp and twist, and she knew that particular feeling all too well.

A golden glow surrounded a quill, and in the glow of her sister’s moon, she wrote a letter to her former student.

It was time.