• Published 12th Mar 2012
  • 1,151 Views, 10 Comments

The Most Special Party - Chaos_Azeroth



Pinkie Pie is worried about her friends, so she decides to throw them a very special 'party'.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,151

Chapter 4(Barren)

All of Pinkie Pie's friends could only stare at her, dumbfounded, as she charged in yelling.

'Darling,' Rarity said with considerable effort. 'She got hurt because we're stuck here, and Spikey-wikey is...' She stopped. She still couldn't fully accept that Spike was dead.

'I'm what, Rarity? I'm your...can it be? I'm your boyfriend?'

'Maybe Spike,' Pinkie Pie said. 'It sure seems that way.' Rarity began to stare blankly at Pinkie Pie, unable to do anything else. Twilight Sparkle spoke up.

'Applejack's leg is broken, Pinkie. She needs a doctor.'

'Yeah it's really bad,' Rainbow Dash added, uncharacteristically softly. 'There's some bone sticking out.' Pinkie Pie turned to Rainbow Dash and gasped.

'What happened to your tail?!?' Pinkie Pie was clearly confused and horrified at her friend's 'new look'. The tail really couldn't even be called a tail anymore. It was a tiny, ragged thing. On top of that, Rainbow Dash, in her panic, had pulled out some of it as she had tried to chew through it. There was some blood, just a little, dried in it.

'I chewed it off so Applejack wouldn't bleed too much and to try to set her bone the best I could. Weren't you listening Pinkie?'

'Don't like your parties...Don't want to be your friends anymore...Want to leave you, Pinkamina...'

'Stop it,' Pinkie Pie whispered.

'No, you listen!' Rainbow Dash exclaimed, more like herself. 'You can't do this! Spike is dead and Applejack is really hurt because of you!'

'Pinkamina let them go...Maybe they'll like you again if you....'

'I said STOP IT! JUST SHUT UP!'

'No Pinkie, this has gone too far,' Fluttershy interjected, much to everyone's surprise. Even her own.

'Yeah see even Fluttershy is speaking up,' Rainbow Dash said, her usual spirit in it, building up as she went. 'You used to be so cool. I was even jealous of you sometimes. But now...You're not even an okay friend anymore! IF YOU DON'T LET AT LEAST APPLEJACK GO I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE YOU AGAIN!'

'Maybe you could still fix this, Pinkamina. Just let them go. Just tell them why you did it. If you do that, it should be okay.'

'But their safety! They'll understand.

'Pinkamina, give up...

'...and we won't tell anypony. Please just let Applejack go to the hospital at least Pinkie. Please. And tell us why you've done this. What's wrong? This isn't like you at all.' It was Twilight Sparkle, who had been trying to speak to Pinkie Pie, reason with her as her inner turmoil grew and grew. But Pinkie Pie was somewhere else entirely.

She was in a barren place, a place that was almost-but-not-quite her old home. A sad breeze drifted through, and all of her family had begun to crowd around her.

'Pinkamina, what are you doing?'

'Pinkamina, those are your friends!'

'Pinkamina, you're killing them!'

All of the ponies voices slowly becoming one as they spoke. But Pinkie Pie noticed somepony was missing. She kept frantically looking, hope turning into panic.

Where was her mother?

As if summoned, her mother stepped forward, all of the others suddenly silencing and stepping out of her way.

'Oh, Pinkamina dear. This is what we were afraid of. This is why we...I...sent you away. I was hoping if you made some real friends it would be so...' She shook her head sadly. 'I was wrong. Maybe I didn't think enough about others. Maybe I never really thought it would be better. I...I just don't know anymore.'

Pinkie Pie blinked. For some reason, her mother had suddenly become blurry. In shock, she realized she was crying. She bowed her head, as if deeply shamed. Then her head suddenly shot up as she screamed.

'YOU AREN'T REALLY MY MOTHER! YOU ALL AREN'T REALLY MY FAMILY! YOU LIE!' She began to buck at them, sure they were something evil. Something that wanted her to stop protecting her friends. Something that wanted them even.

Pinkie Pie's friends could only watch in horror as things began to unfold. Pinkie Pie had just been staring off, and had suddenly began to cry. She had lowered her head, and the horror had begun to give way to hope. That was until she had quickly raised her head and shouted.

'YOU AREN'T REALLY MY MOTHER! YOU ALL AREN'T REALLY MY FAMILY! YOU LIE!' Pinkie Pie began to buck around, sadness and panic on her face. Her friends watched, not sure whether to be scared or to fell bad for Pinkie Pie. There was an air of sorrow, nevertheless. Each pony felt their hopes beginning to die. Each pony, in their own way and for their own reasons, were beginning to doubt that Pinkie Pie would ever be the same. The old, fun loving, happy,lovable Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy began to weep, Rarity had not stopped dumbfoundedly staring the entire time, Twilight Sparkle was deep in thought. She was trying to think of what to do, thinking frantically maybe they could help their, at least former, friend. Rainbow Dash was sitting by Applejack, feeling both contempt and just a little pity for Pinkie Pie. And Applejack...

Applejack began to dry heave from pain and shock.

'Hey Pinkie Pie...It's okay. I just want Applejack to be okay. Hey Pinkie.' Rainbow Dash said, as she tried to figure out how to get Pinkie Pie to stop. hey Pinkie, stop.'Come on now, this isn't helping. Applejack needs you, she needs you to be a good friend. She needs you to do the right thing. She needs help. At least get her some medicine, be the good friend we know you to be.Pinkie Pie, you're going to hurt yourself or one of us. Pinkie Pie stop!'

THUD

'Pi..pi..Pinkie Pie...' Came a small, timid voice, even softer than usual.

A shout rang out from the others, in shock and despair. 'Pinkie Pie!'