• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 802 Views, 7 Comments

Blind Swordsman - xZeroSoulx



Kai is a blind swordsman with a forgotten past.

  • ...
6
 7
 802

Ch:1 Painful Welcome

Kaizen was a simple swordsman minus the fact he is literally blind but has never had trouble being able to see. He can see energy and magic outlining all people and creatures, he uses that to see everything around him, and it helps him fight. He has shoulder length white hair that hangs freely unless he ties it back, under the blind glaze in his eyes is an ice blue color that resembles his deceased mother. He is about 5ft 10 inches tall and he wears a light black/dark grey trench coat along with a silver silk scarf, his casual clothing is a plain grey shirt and blue levi pants. His world is like earth but guns were never created only bladed weapons were used throughout the world along with magic.

“What are you doing here kid?” a tall brute of a man asked.

“I may look like I’m young but I am 22.” Kai said looking at the man’s chest with his blind blank stare.

“What are you staring at kid?” the man asked.

“Nothing because I’m blind if you haven’t noticed.” Kai said pushing the man to the side.

The man drew his sword and began to swing for Kai’s neck but in the blink of an eye was stopped by Kai’s sword.

“It’s not nice to attack those who aren’t looking.” Kai said in an angry tone. “What if you had harmed someone?”

“That was the point you runt!” the man shouted now furious by Kai’s actions.

“Really you want to harm me that has got to be a joke.” Kai said with a laugh.

“Are you really blind?” the man asked watching Kai block his every move.

“Yes I am blind but I can see your energy and weak magic outlining your body.” Kai explained sitting in a chair and grabbing a cup of tea.

“How did you know I can use magic?” the man asked confused. “I don’t remember mentioning it.”

“You’re the blind swordsman aren’t you.” A smaller man wearing a cloak said standing from his chair. “No wonder you could block his attacks so easily.”

“Are you really the blind swordsman?” the brute man asked glaring daggers into Kai’s back.

“Now you understand why I laughed at your comment.” Kai said as he sheathed his sword. “Now I want information!” Kai shouted making everyone in the room freeze.

“What do you want to know?” the bartender asked.

“I’m looking for a man about 6ft tall wears a coat as long as I do but a different color, he also carries a sword that is as long as he is tall.” Kai explained.

“He was here but he left three days ago haven’t seen him since then.” The bartender said cleaning a glass. “Why are you searching for this man?”

“He trained me then betrayed my trust.” Kai said looking down. “I trusted him and then he went to the rouge mages.”

“That man is the mages leader kid.” The brute man said sitting next to Kai.

“That’s impossible he has a low understanding of magic.” Kai said with a serious expression. “He can barely make a fire with his understanding of magic.”

“He used advanced dark magic on our boss….he never stood a chance.” The brute said looking down sadly. “We watched our boss get ripped apart!” He shouted slamming his fist on the counter.

“Hey kid if you go west of this town you’ll find the rouge mages hideout just be careful.” The bartender said pouring a drink for the brute.

Kai stood up and walked to the door stopping just as he reached the door.

“I’ll avenge your leader you have my word.” Kai said in a serious tone. “No one deserves to die like he did.”

“Just don’t die.” The bartender said. “When you return I’ll give you a drink on the house.”

“Sure talk to you all when I return.” Kai said as he walked out the door.

Kai walked west towards the strong magic energy he could see with his special eyes. He walked for about four hours before he got to the hideout of the rouge mages.

“Master we have a guest.” A mage said looking towards a cloaked man sitting on a throne.

“Only one, can you tell me what he looks like.” The man on the throne asked.

“He seems young his hair is white and drops to his shoulders, he has two swords on his left hip.” The mage began but was stopped as the man on the throne ran towards him.

“It can’t be him.” The cloaked man said shocked by the sight. “The blind swordsman Kai has graced us with his presence.”

“This is the place.” Kai said to himself as he pushed the door open only to be assaulted by the strong energy in the building. “This energy is strangely familiar.”

“Welcome swordsman that do we owe this pleasure.” A mage said walking down the stairs.

“I was told the man I’m looking for is here.” Kai said as three mages appeared around him. “May I help you three?”

“Just hold still!” all three mages said in unison as runes appeared on the ground around Kai.

“A binding spell?” Kai asked looking at the energy from the spell.

“Hello Kai were you looking for me?” a cloaked man said walking towards Kai. “You’re just in time to watch my greatest spell at work!” he added as he threw his cloak off.

“I’m blind you moron and your energy is only somewhat familiar.” Kai said looking towards the ceiling.

“It’s me Kravic.” Kravic said. “And you will be testing my new portal spell it is made with dark magic and is a bit unstable.”

“Why walk down this path Kravic?” Kai asked.

“I’ve always been this way I just hid the fact when I was around you Kai.” Kravic explained as he prepped the portal spell.

“Why?” Kai asked drawing both swords. “Why are you doing this?”

“I want to rule my own world and I discovered a trail of magic leading to a new world.” Kravic said walking towards Kai. “Now hold still!” he shouted slamming his palm into Kai’s chest.

There was a bright flash and a portal opened behind Kai pulling him into its dark embrace. The inside of the portal was a massive swirl of energy with no way to escape. As Kai drifted through unable to move, he groaned as he used his eyes to see the energy around him and his eyes were over whelmed by the power.

“Gah!” Kai shouted closing his eyes. “Too much magic energy is around me for me to use that ability.”

The portal seemed to be endless until a bright light started to appear at the end opening up to being above the clouds.

“I’m falling!” Kai shouted in panic feeling the wind whip past his face. “Where is the-” Kai began as he slammed into the ground.
CRASH!

“I need to work on landings.” Kai groaned passing out from the pain.

-3 Hours later-

“Is it alive?” a purple alicorn asked she walked towards Kai’s unconscious form.

Kai groaned slowly waking up.

“Where am I?” Kai asked trying to sit up only to be pushed down by royal guards. “Hey let me get up!”

“Not until we know you’re not a threat.” A guard said holding Kai down.

“Is this a hoof?” Kai asked grabbing the guard’s leg. “What are you?” Kai asked.

“Can’t you see we’re ponies.” The guard said pulling his hoof from Kai’s hand.

“Actually I can’t see I’m blind.” Kai admitted.

“You’re blind?” the purple alicorn said a bit confused.

“Can I sit up without being pushed back down?” Kai asked slowly pushing himself up.

“Yes you can.” The purple alicorn said sitting in front of Kai.

“I need you to look at my eyes.” Kai said lifting his hair to reveal his eyes.

“You really are blind.” The alicorn said a bit surprised. “Well, my name is Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight added.

“I’m Kaizen, but you can just call me Kai everyone seems to.” Kai said as he stood up stretching his muscles. “I really need to work on those landings.” He added with a pained groan.

“If you’re blind then why do you have those swords?” Twilight asked.

“In my world I’m known as the blind swordsman ever since I earned the title I’ve never lost a single battle until recently.” Kai explained with saddened tone.

“Ok well can you come with me to Ponyville so we can talk inside?” Twilight asked starting to walk towards Ponyville.

“I’m blind I can’t see which way you’re going and my magic sight is damaged at the moment.” Kai said standing around completely blind to his surroundings.

“Sorry.” Twilight said walking back towards Kai. “Just put your hoof on my neck and I’ll guide you.”

“One I don’t have hooves I have hands and feet.” Kai said placing a hand on the back of Twilights neck.
-Ponyville Library-

“Thank you for guiding me to this” Kai began but stopped. “Where are we exactly?” He asked as he sat near a wall.

“The library which is also my home.” Twilight explained. “Now what are you exactly?”

“I’m human, I’m 22 years old, and I have a unique fighting style.” Kai explained a bit nervous.

“Well that took out three questions.” Twilight said writing something on a parchment of paper with a quill held by magic.

“Sorry I really hate answering questions.” Kai explained with a nervous smile. “Also can I get a feel for what you look like?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“Since my magic sight is down I need to use my sense of touch to see at the moment.” Kai said crawling closer to Twilight.

“I guess but don’t try anything funny.” Twilight said putting the quill down.

Kai reached up with his right hand and gently placed it on Twilights cheek feeling the soft texture of her coat and mane. He moved his hand up until he reached her horn then the guards burst in and slammed Kai against the floor.

“Ow!” Kai shouted as a guard dragged him out the door. “Well this will get old quickly.”

“Shut it!” a guard shouted with a commanding tone. “Princess Celestia has questions for you.”

“Who?” Kai asked as he was dragged.

“Princess Celestia is one of the ruler’s of Equestria.” A guard explained throwing Kai into a carriage.

“Well that explains so much since I just got here!” Kai shouted as his magic sight slowly returned to him. “Finally I can sort of see again.” Kai said with a cheerful tone.

-1 Hour Later-

“What have you brought to our land!” the while Alicorn shouted.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, and am I to guess your Celestia.” Kai said with a calm voice.

“I am Celestia and I’m talking about the dark magic that has entered Equestria.” Celestia said approaching Kai. As she got closer, she began to recognize the facial features of someone from her past. “It can’t be.” She said to herself.