• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 6,123 Views, 58 Comments

Soarin'xRainbow Dash Ficlet Challenge Collection - paxtofettel



A collection of SoarinDash ficlets

  • ...
3
 58
 6,123

Family


Family (344 Words)

Back and forth he paced; the waiting room of Cloudsdale General Hospital was silent save for the occasional voice radiating from the intercom. Soarin' felt his legs starting to become sore from all the pacing he had done for the past two hours.

What's going on in there?, he continually thought to himself.

He was soon brought out of his musings by the sound of the door to the maternity ward opening. A light pink Pegasus stepped out, a smile etched on her features.

"Well?" Soarin' asked nervously, "is she all right?"

"Everything went completely well," the nurse answered, "congratulations, you're a father now."

At those words, he felt his heart literally burst with joy. "Can I see her?" he asked.

"Of course, right this way please." The nurse pony led Soarin' through the brightly lit hallways until they had finally reached the room. When he entered, he was greeted by the sight of a beautiful cyan Pegasus with a rainbow mane; his fellow Wonderbolt teammate and loving wife, Rainbow Dash. She was lying upright on the bed and in her legs, she held a small lump covered in a blanket.

She looked up at him and smiled. "It's a filly, honey," she said. Soarin' felt tears of joy build up in his eyes. He walked up to his love and looked at his daughter. She had a dark blue coat, same as his mane, and dark rainbow mane, same as her mother's.

"She has your eyes," Rainbow Dash told him. Indeed, her eyes were as green as his, perhaps a bit darker.

"She's beautiful, Rainbow," he finally said, "just like you."

They were interrupted by the nurse clearing her throat. "Have you two thought up a name for her?" she asked.
They both pondered for a while, trying to figure out the perfect name for the foal. It wasn't until a few minutes that Rainbow Dash finally spoke up.

"How about…Cloud Puff? What do you think, Soarin'?" suggested Rainbow Dash.

He smiled and gave her a kiss. "I think it's perfect," he answered.