• Published 1st Dec 2013
  • 1,150 Views, 19 Comments

Doctor Hooves: An Unusual Filly - Anime PJ



On a perfectly ordinary day in Equestria, school teacher Cheerilee notices something... a lot of things wrong with one of her students. She and her boyfriend Big Macintosh set out to investigate and end up taking a trip through time and space.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,150

Chapter 5: The Master of Chaos

They all stared in awe at the clown like colourful castle, walking forwards towards the door which was also in the shape of Discord's hideous, multi-creature head Doctor Hooves was stopped by Big Mac "I think you've made yer point, d' we have to go in there?" the muscular red pony whispered shakily. Even one as big as Big Mac was scared of Discord, especially after what he put Ponyville through during his escape.

"Yes, it just so happens that I'm curious to see how Discord will react to us. If we walk in through the front door and start looking around he's bound to notice us sooner or later, and maybe he might be able tell where we came from. There's an awful lot you can find out in these situations and I, much like Cheerilee, want to study this period and add it into my journal." stated Doctor Hooves bluntly, he was almost a hundred years old and had stopped caring about the feelings of anyone other than his family years ago.

Big Mac was too disoriented with the current situation to argue with him beyond that, but he was almightily pissed of at this 'Doctor' for being so inconsiderate of what the others wanted. Cheerilee sensed his discomfort and nuzzled against him "It's okay" she muttered "I'm sure he's just still irritated by us sneaking around and following Sugar." It didn't seem likely looking at the expression Doctor Hooves had on him; being incredibly stern and uncaring, but he was glad that Cheerilee was there with him.

They entered into the gaping mouth that was the door and inside the castle was no better or worse than the outside, there were flags everywhere with Discord's face on them and all of the walls and carpets were either bright blue or bright pink. That was the only change they noticed, it was hard to tell what the natural colours of these features were because of the fact that they kept shifting colours between the blue and the pink!

In the colour changing rooms of the castle it was hard not to see all of the guard, their black armour contrasting completely with the colourful atmosphere in which they walked. The group had been spotted immediately but for some reason the guards didn't seem at all bothered by the intruders, it was almost as if they were expecting something more dangerous to come along and that a few ordinary ponies wondering around in the castle was no threat to their master at all. The travellers simply walked around freely but were always being watched, they may not be perceived as a threat now but it was obvious that they had been ordered to keep an eye on anyone new who came in.

Nevertheless it did not stop the time travellers from discussing the matter of why they were not being seized. "Why do you think they're not after us?" queried Cheerilee.

"These fella's obviously don't see us as any kind o' threat or they'd have taken us down by now" Big Mac said, troubled "or maybe their expecting somethin' bigger."

"What do you think grandfather?" Sugar asked, eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"Big Macintosh is most certainly right" Doctor Hooves replied, rather cocky about how much he knew "this is nearing the end of the two week period in which Discord knew that Princesses Celestia and Luna were coming for him, what he didn't know however is that they'd have the Elements of Harmony when they did."

As they kept walking they got an uneasy feeling, the further they went the more guards there were and he worst part was that an awful lot of these guards had started following them. "I gotta bad feelin' 'bout this." Big Mac said shakily.

They heard a laugh, a maniacal laugh that seemed to be coming from all around them "And so you should have my future dwelling friend, now tell me tell me, what's it like in a thousand years?" the voice spoke. Soon everyone was blinded by smoke and as it cleared they saw a creature with the head they had seen on all of the windows, it had grey fur, the right wing of a bat, the left wing of a Pegasus, the right arm of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right leg of a lizard and the left leg of a goat. As he moved around taunting them his body moved almost snake-like, slithering around sometimes but other times walking like any other... no not like any other pony, this creature walked on two legs, this creature was Discord.

"C'mon, sit down, have some tea," he said producing a table, chairs and cups of steaming hot tea from seemingly thin air "I'm sure if you cooperate and tell me about the future I won't have to torment you as much as I do these other pathetic ponies."

"If y'all can tell we're from the future how can ya not know?" Big Mac challenged, his body trembling. He was terrified but didn't want to look it in front of the others, he would have to face this monster bravely.

"Oh my dear ignorant little pony, such a stupid stallion you are. Everypony, hell every creature knows that the only future anyone can see is through visions and I haven't been graced by one of those in a long time, besides visions only show the inevitable anyway. As for how I know you're from the future" he sniffed the air around them "peeyeew you stink of Celestia forsaken time travel."

"Grandfather..." Sugar whimpered, Doctor Hooves formed a plan.

"I've made a tactical decision that alters our earlier intensions," he said, Discord laughing at him the whole way through "we're going to run away."

And with that all four of the travellers leapt into an almost insane sprint, Big Mac taking the lead, charging through the legion of guards that had gathered behind them at that point. Sugar jumped safely onto her grandfather's back and hung on for dear life as the spry old man was running almost at the same pace as Big Mac, they ran for ages and ages and then Big Mac stopped "Wait a sec, this was to easy." he panted. They were right by the door to the main room now and there was no sign of Discord or any of his guards, it looked like a clean break for safety so why did Big Mac feel so uneasy about this?

They decided that they'd risk it and they walked cautiously through the door and... what looked like every single guard in the entire castle was gathered, defending the door. There was another poof of smoke and Discord appeared before them "Well, well it seems that I'll be forced to resort to torture. Ooh this should be fun. Take them to the dungeon!" he ordered to his guards.

At that exact moment all of the emotionless guards charged forwards, no battle cry at all, just their blank stares as they charged forwards and restrained the group. Doctor Hooves letting out an enraged growl and struggling to get free when they grabbed Sugar off of his back. "Let go of her you f..." his curse was cut off when one of the guards hit him hard on the back of the head and he fell, unconscious onto the colour-changing carpet.

"Swearing isn't very polite." Discord said to him before he passed out completely.
***

Doctor Hooves' eyes fluttered open to see his granddaughter and their two new friends shackled in a bipedal position onto the dirty walls of this basement they called the dungeon. The poof of smoke happened once again and Discord reappeared in front of them again, the mocking grin still on his face "So here we are at last, about time we got some alone time wouldn't you say?" he said "After all, over the next few days I'm gonna mess with you so bad that you'll be singing the information I want, you'd better be good singers because if you sound like a dying giraffe then we have a problem."

He vanished again in the same poof of smoke before his voice rang through the dungeon "I look forward to our little chats, I'll bring the tea, you bring the biscuits." he laughed maniacally one last time before leaving them down below.