• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 734 Views, 1 Comments

The Race in My Head - Owlor



Rainbow Dash is competing in Cloudsdale's maraton, but faces problems outside of the track.

  • ...
 1
 734

Prolouge

Night-time have traditionally been the time for secrets. If you are outside at 3 o'clock at night, you generally don't greet anypony you meet the same way you might do during the day. At that time of night, ponies are only outside if they have some sort of business, and chances are they want you to stay out of it. Ponyville isn't exactly a town that's known for its criminality or its extensive underworld, so nighttime is usually a time for romantic entanglements.

This night where no exception, sure enough, a few... sparks was flying trough the air. Young couples having their first taste of romance, old couples rediscovering the simpler joys of a relationship, and of course a juicy arrangement of extra-martial affairs, lovers from rivaling families and other kinds of forbidden love.

Many ponies where flirting with scandal, but none more so than the young gray and blonde mere with lazy eyes that where walking down the street in a suitably dramatic black hood. She was making her way to an elegant house, partially carved out of an old oak tree.

The house belonged to the towns mayor, who where nervously looking out from behind the drapes. The cloaked mere made her way in without knocking, with only a quick look behind her shoulder. Once she was safely inside, The Mayor dared to greet her, and she did so with a smile.

“My dear Derpy!”, The Mayor said, “I'm so glad you wanted to come.”
“Sure, but even if I live to be a hundred”, Derpy said, “I'll never figure out what you see in me”.
This was what she usually said, and The Mayor only responded by giving her a quick kiss, which Derpy accepted with gently closed eyes.

“I'm not sure what I'd do without you”, The Mayor said afterward, “It's stressful being the mayor of this town, every day there's at least ten disasters to manage, and I am only one pony. You know precisely what I need to unwind.
“Yes I do!”, Derpy said with a smile, “I brought my favoritest recipe for blueberry muffins, they are easy to make and they are really tasty!”
”Ooh, you don't waste any time getting straight to the point, do you?” The Mayor said.
”Well, it's kinda late and I am hungry”, Derpy replied.
The Mayor smiled at this.
“Well, let's get to baking then”, she said and they both went into the kitchen.