• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 1,181 Views, 2 Comments

Lone Wolf II Darkness - Bronyraptor26



Twilight The name haunts me, to think I actually began to trust ponies was ridiculous. Why did I say ponies aren’t I Howler a pony to? No I lost the right to call myself that a month ago, after I left Twilight my transformation drastically sp

  • ...
2
 2
 1,181

Chapter 4 Hunter

Three hours later we were woken up by the sounds of a colt and mare screaming. We looked out the window it was Rarity and the unicorn, they were running whatever it was that had startled them it must have been awkward because Rarity was only wearing underwear and nothing covering her chest along with the unicorn it was a site I wanted to erase from my head, I looked closer to what was chasing them it was the wolf, they reached our door and started banging on it and yelling. Twilight ran down and let them in, Spike couldn't stop staring and I opened the window and pounced on the wolf. I had him pinned to the ground with my claws at his throat.

"Who are you?" I asked resisting the urge to slice his throat.

"A hunter." He replied

"What?" I asked

"Let me explain over the years I have killed one of almost every animal in Equestria and few compare to the flavor of pony flesh, but you see I want to know which out of the four pony species taste best unicorn, alicorn, Pegasus, or earth pony and more importantly what age." He replied

"Why attack me?" I asked this guy was nuts I thought.

"Werewolf is by far the greatest delicacy I have ever had and seeing how that one kept me from eating her Aunt I picked up your scent from her and followed it. I figured if I couldn't try earth pony werewolf would be the next best thing. You know what I'm talking about you've tasted the blood of a pony." He said who was he referring to as that one, crap I figured it out Phenia.

"That was to help me heal." I replied

"Tell me what are you going to do now after all your little girlfriend Phenia is almost dead, will you kill me or save her?" He asked

"You're bluffing." I said it was easy to tell that he was lying he had gone after Rarity and Phenia lived across town.

"You surprise me your senses are sharper than mine maybe we can help each other." He offered

"Never." I said helping him would only land me in trouble with Celestia which was not something I wanted to do.

"To bad then next time I see you I'll be eating your dead carcass." He said before turning into mist and disappearing.

"Howler, come back inside." Twilight said and I did the spell he used to escape bugged me, I didn;t think it was possible to use magic when I was in my wolf form.

"Twilight it was awful." Rarity said she trembling in the arms of the unicorn.

"Twilight I think we should have everyone stay here until that thing is dead." I said thinking of what that wolf had planned.

"Why Howler?" Twilight asked

"He wants to know what pony tastes best and he won't stop the best option at this point is to have everyone stay together." I replied

"I guess that makes sense." Twilight said as spike wrote several letters and sent them.

"Here are some clothes Rarity." Twilight said as she handed her some of her clothes while Rarity made clothes for the unicorn.

Around an hour later Rainbowdash, Scootaloo, Applejack and her family, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie arrived and Rarity and the unicorn were fully dressed.

"SLUMBER PARTY!!!!!" Pinkie yelled

"What?" Spike and I said at the same time

"We can talk about boys and have pillow fights oh this is going to be so fun." Pinkie squealed

"No Pinkie we are all going to Canterlot while Celestia and Luna are recovering." Twilight said

'Twi it's the middle of the night." Applejack said

"And that wolf came after me and Fancy Pants." Rarity said as she clinged onto the unicorn.

"And Howler found out that the wolf wants to eat us so it would be best if we left town." Twilight replied and we left to the train station.

"Okay slumber party at the castle yay." Pinkie yelled as we packed our stuff and got on the train.

"Howler, are you alright?" Twilight asked I was lying down and I had my head on her lap.

"So miss Twilight where did you get this dog?" Granny Smith asked

"Well I adopted him actually though." Twilight began to say before Applejack cut her off

"Granny shouldn't you be getting some sleep?" Applejack said

"I suppose you're right." Granny Smith replied as she went to bed

"Twilight is there something wrong with Howler he hasn't spoken since we got on?" Rarity asked

"I guess he's just tired is all." Twilight said I fell asleep soon after she said that I fell asleep.

"Howler wake up we're here." Twilight said as she got me up.

"I'm up." I replied

"There might be something in the Canterlot library on how to turn you back to normal." Twilight said

"That would be nice." Spike Replied suprisingly

We walked to the castle, with an escort of several guards. It was early in the morning the sun was rising. We entered the castle and Twilight showed everyone to their rooms.

"Twilight shouldn't we have Howler stay with the kids?" Rarity asked

"I thought I was going to stay with you and Fancy Pants?" Sweetiebelle asked as she entered the room

"First things first Rarity changing Howler back." Twilight said

"Well I've found you again." The dark wolf said as he laid down on a window seal

"Why are you here?" Twilight asked I growled at him and prepared myself for a fight.

"There is a certain thrill to hunt something that can fight back but sometimes the most thrilling meal is the one who you can torture like that little sweet tasting unicorn filly." He said as he licked his lips

"Sweetiebelle?" Rarity said as she ran into the room.

"Hmm that orange Pegasus was also delicious hard to get rid of the armor though." He said

"Flash Sentry." Twilight ran off leaving me with the wolf

"Now that that’s taken care of." He said as he shut the doors and locked them

"HEY LET US OUT OF HERE!" Sweetiebelle yelled it made sense that it was a trap in reality.

"Howler I feel I should show what I did to a young pink and a young silver werewolf they are right behind you." He said I turned around they were right behind me, Phenia was bleeding from her mouth, she had bite marks on her tail, shoulders, and legs. She had gashes on her face and back, along with hole that went through chest and out her back, there was also a chuck of meat missing from her side. Silver had similar injuries but she seemed to have received worse, her shoulder bone was sticking out, and her leg was turned in awkwardly. They were both in a pool of blood.

"You bastard." I screamed in anger as I jumped at him, he shot me with a magic blast I struggled to get up it was clear I wasn't going to win without magic.

"You know they tasted great it’s a shame I won’t be able to finish them like I will Twilight." He said as he vanished into black mist.

"Howler what's going on?" Spike asked

"Hospital now." I said quickly as I looked over at them

"This is getting out of hand." Spike said as he ran off Spike was right this needed to end now.

Soon after he did doctors came and took them away. I got back to feet and followed them to the hospital. They were taken to the emergency room and I wasn’t allowed to enter, Sweetiebelle and Applebloom soon joined me.

'Are ya alright Howler?" Applebloom asked

"No." I said

"Well is there anything we could do?" Sweetiebelle asked

"No" I said

"Howler." Applebloom muttered as I walked out

The next day I was back at the hospital Phenia and Silver were awake; I entered the room and walked over to them. They were still in their wolf forms and were hooked up to several medical machines; their injuries made mine look small. The doctor told me that they would be able to leave within the month but at the rate things are going we wouldn;t have a month.

"Howler." Silver said weakly as she pained to raise her head

"Hey how are ya doing?" I asked

"Fine." She replied.

"What about you?" I asked

"I'm fine Howler." Phenia replied

"Where are you going?" Silver asked as I made my way to the door.

"Just for a walk is all I'll be back later." I replied in truth though I was wanting blood.

I walked back to the sculpture garden at the castle, I was all alone. I looked at each sculpture and tried to figure out what each one meant but with no luck. A pony crept up behind me, I turned around he was armed with six flint lock pistols, a crossbow, knives, a sword, and a percussion rifle. His mane was dark as well as his coat; he was ripped with muscles, and was wearing a black shirt and cargo pants. I stepped back and prepared for the worst.

"Now the hunter becomes the hunted Howler." he said

"You're the." I started to say but he cut me off.

"The dark wolf yes I'll give you a five second head start." he said as he raised his rifle I turned around and ran as fast as I could towards the labyrinth when a loud bang went off the bullet hit the hedge next to me.

I ran as fast as I could taking a mix of left and right turns whenever possible and soon I was lost. I hoped I had lost him and that’s when I heard him call out I was scared I didn’tk now what to do I was outmatched and more importantly inexpierenced the other times I had fought him I was being controled by my insticts but now I was to afraid to fight him.

"Hey Howler I should tell you Twilight was delicious." He taunted, there was no he got to her, I thought

I heard another loud bang once again the shot missed and I took off. Soon I made a mistake and hit a dead end, I turned around and he was right there. He raised his gun and fired he missed and I ran at him, sidestepped and got passed, I headed back the way I came. I soon lost him as well as myself; I could tell I was close to the castle because I could hear ponies on the other side of the hedge.

"Princess Twilight what do you want us to do?" A guard asked

"Go in there and find Howler Two of you will go with me along with each of my friends and any volunteers." Twilight stated

"There you are." I heard as another loud bang went off, it glanced my shoulder and I continued to run.

I kept running further and further away from the castle and deeper into the maze. In the end I knew it was hopeless eventually I would have to fight him but the least I could do was have him waste his ammo. But soon I hit a wall and turned around and ran back towards the castle. He was right behind me and raised his crossbow, I jumped on him and grabbed it with my teeth and shattered it. I continued to run until there was nowhere else to go. I hit a dead end and he cut me off from leaving and drew his sword.

"I feel like I should tell you before you die that the reason your mother left you was because of me." He said

"What?" I whimpered the rage that I had felt earlier began to return to me.

"Howler I'm your father and you're the last great prey I have left to hunt in Equestria, your mother didn't like it so I left and when I came back I tried to take you by force. She stopped me and that’s why she left you at that orphanage." He said

"Shut up." I yelled as I rammed him sending flying back into the hedge and I ran away.

"Howler is that you?" I heard Twilight say I turned around it was her. That’s when three loud bangs went off seconds apart each bullet hit me in my front left leg.

"Game over Howler." He said as he raised his sword over my head. I couldn't move there was a loud clang of metal Flash had stopped the sword with his.

"Flash." I said I was confused to many things were flying through my head at the moment.

"Hey kid." he replied as he pushed the dark pony wolf back.

"Howler." Twilight said as she ran over to me as I looked over and flash had stabbed the pony he was on the ground bleeding out

"Why do you even care about that bastard child?" He asked

"Because he deserves a mother." Twilight replied

"Well then what about you guard?" He asked

"That’s none of your concern." Flash replied

"When I come back all of you will die a slow death. Now spell release" He said and I was changed back into a pony I still had my clothes from Hearths Warming on and my injuries healed and finally he vanished in black mist

"Howler are you alright?" Twilight asked as she hugged me tightly

"I'm fine." I said


Good now let's get out of here." Flash said as Twilight shot a beam of magic in the air and teleported us to the start of the maze. Where the others were waiting for us.

"Howler you’re a pony." Sweetiebelle leaped for joy

"Yeah I guess so" I said

"Why do you sound so depressed?" Pinkie asked

"Am I sorry didn’t mean to." I said nervously

"We need to throw a birthday party for Howler." Pinkie said A party really now of all times, I thought.

"Pinkie now is hardly the time." Twilight protested

"Well now that's over can we go back to dinner I'm starving." Rainbowdash said

"Yes we can." Twilight said as one of the medics wrapped my arm.

That night I found myself with Twilight in her room, Flash had just left, and I was still shaken up about what had happened in the maze. Twilight had taken notice to this and had made several attempts to try and comfort me, but I hadn't spoken since I got out of the maze. I had never been so afraid in my life as I had been in the labryinth, I had almost died by the hand of someone who claimed to be my father, and I was still debating if he was telling the truth or not.

Twilight." I said

"Yes Howler." Twilight said

"Thank you for helping me." I said

"Howler if you ever want to talk about what had happened in the maze just know I will be here for you." Twilight said as a guard rushed in

"Princess Twilight it's Princess Cadence and Shining Armor they were attacked by some form of large black wolf the Crystal Empire needs a leader." he said

"What?" Twilight said

"But then who will lead Equestria?" I asked

"What about Spectra and we can have one of the royal advisors to the princesses help her." The guard suggested

"Alright Howler I need you to stay here and guard Spectra." Twilight said

Weeks later and nothing had changed the Crystal Empire and Equestria were on high alert, the wolf hadn't been captured yet, and no one had fully recovered. More and More ponies began to fall like Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbowdash to name a few in fact all of Twilight's friends and family had been attacked. The princesses' condition had worsened as if they were poisoned but the doctors can't seem to find anything.