• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 544 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie Pie - Secret Agent 314 - ZapAppleBloom



My name is... well, I can't tell you that. But I'm secret agent 314. And I'm on a very important mission.

  • ...
0
 5
 544

Prologue

"Celestia, ma'am! You need to see this!" A navy blue stallion burst into the office of Celestia, leader of the Equestrian government and director of the Equestrian Secret Operation Services, the ESO.

Celestia sighed, awaiting the impending bad news. "What is it, Midnight Moonbeam?" she asked hesitantly, wondering if she really wanted an answer.

Midnight Moonbeam nervously read to Celestia the paper he held clutched in his hoof. "At eleven-hundred hours last night, we lost contact with—", his voice cracked. "We — we've lost all contact with agent 245, ma'am." Midnight wiped a tear from his eye with a dark indigo hoof, the tear staining his coat an even darker shade of blue.

Celestia reclined in her chair, deep in thought. "So many agents lost... 245 was one of our best. But we have to eliminate this threat. One way or another, we'll find a way." She sighed. "Midnight, how many agents do we have currently available?"

Midnight Moonbeam hastily pulled out a clipboard from behind his back and flipped quickly through the pages. "Um... very few, ma'am. Agent 231 is currently investigating the poisoned muffin mishap in Ponyville. She's the most available we have."

Celestia leaned forward and placed her hoofs together on top of her polished wooden desk. "Midnight, I hate for it to have to come to this, but..."

"No, please! You can't send me into the field, ma'am! I'm a secretary, not a trained operative! I don't even have preliminary field training!"

Celestia sighed, a small smile spreading across her face. "Oh, Midnight, that's not what I was even beginning to imply. We need more operatives, and look at Equestria — a huge country, filled with ponies. Certainly, somewhere, there has to be a pony that fits our emergency recruitment qualifications. And your mission — which, may I add, is far from a field operation — is to find a pony that will fit our needs. Any pony will do. Look around Canterlot, Manehattan, Los Pegasus, Ponyville, go all the way to the Crystal Empire, I don't care. But we need another operative. And we need one now!" She slammed her hoof down on top of the desk for emphasis, a cup of pencils falling off the corner and scattering on the ground.

Midnight hastily saluted and rushed out of the office, tripping over his own hooves in his carelessness. "Don't worry, ma'am! I'll find an operative! I won't let you down!"

Celestia smiled. "Oh, Midnight, I know you'll find a pony somewhere. I'm not worried one bit."

Author's Note:

Kinda sloppy for a prologue, and I know it doesn't explain much, but things will clear up eventually.