• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 1,358 Views, 16 Comments

Emissary Anon - Bastinator



Traveling across the sea, Anon is sent to Canterlot on behalf of his King. He is to deliver a message and aid the Equestrian Royalty in any way he is able, but events begin to spin out of control when Anon himself comes into question.

  • ...
10
 16
 1,358

Chapter 9: Misson's End

You move to get up, the sting in your back making it a chore. You feel like shit, like everything you had was taken from you, leaving only a morsel of your life left. When you find Chrysalis you’ll make her- You fall back down, your arms buckling beneath you. You won’t do anything in this state.

The soft buzzing of wings dampens your spirits as two changelings land beside you. Their heavy breathing leads you to believe they aren’t in the best shape either. Even still, you’re in no shape to take either of them on. They walk over to you, each step bringing you closer to your fate. They stop inches from you, snapping and speaking in their native tongue. One brings their head down to yours and bears its teeth. Well fuck you too world.

The second fires a blast at your aggressor. He falls over, a hole now where his chest used to be. You crawl away, the changeling with you every step of the way. You grab your blood stone before he can kick it away, hiding it under your chest. He kicks you onto your back, grinning malevolently. His form cracks and fizzles as he takes a more suiting image. One of your father.

”Weak, just as I knew you were.” He kicks you again, using both physical and psychological torment. ”You never were a son of mine. Nothing more than a mistake.” He strikes against your skull, forcing you back on your stomach. ”How does it feel to be a disappointment?” He presses his knee into your spine, leaning his head next to yours. ”Well?”

“Feels good.” He slams your head against the floor, though you block it with your arm. “What’s the matter? Can’t finish a wounded opponent?” Your words do well to anger him, making his attempts sloppy but strong. He places his fingers in your wound, extending and twisting against your fleshy walls.

”You’re swine! Nothing more!”

“Swine huh?” you mutter, the pain making speech difficult, “Better than trash.”

He raises his hands to hit you again, giving you the time you need. As he brings down his fists you forcefully roll to the side out from under his knee. He strikes the floor, the cracking of bones music to your ears. The impostor howls in pain, cursing and muttering profanities at his carelessness. ”Come back here you coward!” Her morphs again, reverting back to his regular form. Apparently he already forgot about his injury.

He instantly falls onto his knees, his hooves shattered from his previous injury. The changeling nurses his hooves, completely ignoring you and allowing you to go on the offensive. You work onto your knees and lean back, withdrawing the blood stone. “Sorry about this old fella.” You smash the stone against the floor the sound ringing through the ravine. The stone stays whole, but in turn catches the changeling’s attention. He clicks violently. Even if you don’t know what he said, you know he’s pissed.

You bring the stone down again and again in an effort to destroy it. The changeling scooting closer and closer, a waiting game for him. After another smash the stone seems to crack, a red mist seeping out of it. The cloud flows around your hand, penetrating your skin with a slight sting. It works its way up your arm, its essence invigorating all it embodies. Strength returns to you, if only slightly. Enough to give you a fighting chance.

You pound away, more and more of the mist spilling out. His horn glows green as he finally reaches you, hand high for the final blow. The stone completely shatters as you bring it down, the flood of red bathing you in its glory. He rests his horn on your head, seconds from his devastating finisher. With renewed strength you thrust your fist upwards, hitting him in the jaw and casting his head to the ceiling. The orb flies out of his horn, travelling outwards away from you. “Now who’s the swine?”

You stand up and wrap your arm around his neck, pinning him in your armpit. He bucks with his back legs, but only manages to hit air. You pull upwards and keep his head low, snapping his spine. He falls from your grasp completely paralyzed from the neck down. “Next time, just kill me outright.” You walk away with some of your strength restored, but still not at 100%. The defeated creature clicks a few times as your back is turned to it. He should have taken your advice.

In a final act of defiance the changeling charges up another blast, the green glow giving him away. You draw your sword and turn to make short work of him. As you approach, you realize he’s not holding back, using every ounce of his energy to defeat you.
>It’s not a projectile he’s charging, it’s a bomb. You turn and sprint as fast as your feet can carry you dropping your sword in the mess. The light intensifies, a shockwave bellowing from his location as the bomb detonates.

The blast accelerates faster than you do, catching up quickly. You take cover behind some rocks in a last ditch effort to escape the explosion. Flame engulfs you in your final moments, green the last thing you see. Or so you thought. You open your eyes seconds later, greeted by the looming darkness. The familiar stone walls do not invoke fear, merely curiosity. “Don’t think you’d get off that easily.”

You back away from Chrysalis as she walks towards you. ”I thought I had left you for dead, I see I was wrong.”

“You won’t get a chance to try again.”

She laughs, “We’ll see about that.”

A third voice follows, “No we won’t.” Twilight steps out from the shadows, slightly bruised and worn. “I won’t give you that chance.”

“Twilight stay back. She wants you to attack her again.”

”Then she’ll get it.” Twilight lunges at Chrysalis who merely smiles and disappears in her murky flame.

”You might have stood against me evenly before, but now that I have taken Anon’s love, you stand no chance.” Her voice circles you teasingly, tearing down your will.

“Your overconfidence is your weakness.”

”Your faith in your friends is yours.”

Twilight returns next to you, glancing about the room, “We’ll stand strong, you won’t overtake us.”

”Then I might have to split you apart.”

“What are you-“ Spirals of green flame overtake Twilight, closing in on her, “Twilight!” You reach towards her, the flames forcing you to back off.

”Don’t fall for her tricks, Anon. I’ll be back for you!” A portal appears beneath her, sucking her into the earth and away from view. You’re left alone once more, though you can’t help but feel watched.

”Alone at last. Oh Anon, how I missed you.” You stick to your stance, knowing she could strike at any moment. ”That isn’t very nice of you, here let’s just change that demeanor of yours.” A green bullet tears through the air striking you in the elbow. It seeps right through your armor, sending shivers up your arm. You begin to lose feeling in your arm, not control just feeling. ”Isn’t that relaxing, let it flow into you.”

Another strikes your thigh and neck the chilling calm seeping into you. It feels so right… You just want to lie down and… “No!” you scream resisting the temptation, “You won’t will me down.”

“Disappointing, but a bit premature. We’ll see if you can live up to that statement.”

Silence follows with her seeming departure. “Chrysalis?” No response, just silence.

“Anon?” Twilight’s voice calls from down the hall. ”I’m coming Anon.” You wait for ‘Twilight’, sticking to your stance. She enters the chamber, giving you a look of curiosity and relief. ”I thought I’d lost you.”

“I’m sure you did.”

She steps closer, only for you to step back. ”Anon it’s me, Twilight. I said I’d be back.”

“You also said not to fall for her tricks, and I plan on doing that.”

”You don’t trust me…”

“I can’t trust you, you should understand that.”

She nods her head, “I do. I could be Chrysalis in disguise. You wouldn’t be able to know.”

You stare at each other awkwardly, each unsure on how to act. “Where’d you end up?”

”After I was teleported, just down the hall strangely enough. Seems like a waste of magic to me.”

“Yeah, Chrysalis would be pretty stupid to do that.”

”Indeed she would.” You ponder her answer, not swaying your opinion either way. You hoped this would be easier.

”How’re you here?” she asks, “I thought she drained you of your strength.”

“Blood Stone. Use it for light, destroy it for life. Basics of course.”

”I’m sure it’s much more complex. I’d like to have studied it.”

“It’s magic, doesn’t have to explain shit.”

She laughs, “Sounds like Pinkie alright.” Yeah, Pinkie… You wonder how they’re doing… ”They’re safe Anon, they left before the cave collapsed.”

“You know how I feel about you reading my mind.”

She shakes her head, “It doesn’t take magic to know what you were thinking.” That sounds like the Twilight you know. Maybe she’s the real one after all.

”H-help me…” The soft voice turns your attention away from her and towards the other end of the room. A second Twilight enters, her wounds… it pains you to see. “Anon…” *cough* A dribble of blood rolls out of her mouth as she stumbles towards you. Not to Twilight…

”Anon, wait it’s a trick!” She’s not fooling you now. You rush over to her, catching her as she falls. She can barely lift her hooves they’re so weak. The changelings… No force in the world can protect them from you…

”You *cough cough* came.”

“I said I would.”

”Anon listen to me that’s not me, Twilight.” She speaks from behind you, your arms reaching around the wounded mare. She flinches as you touch her wounds, reeling back from the pain. You feel her pain, every cut and scratch. You did this to her, just like Chrysalis said you would. Her death is on your hands. Only you had that kind of power.

Tears form in her eyes as she hugs you, clinging onto you for dear life. You stroke her blood-splattered mane reassuringly.

“It’s going to be alright, I’m here now.”

”Tha- nk you.”

”I’m telling you Anon, that’s Chrysalis! She’s trying to trick you,” she continues to rattle on, desperately trying to sway your judgment. You look back at her with scorn, still holding onto the wounded Twilight. How could she be so naïve? Your anger turns into a slight grin as you scratch Twilight behind the ear. “I know.”

Your hidden blade pierces the back of her skull, driving straight into her head. Her eyes go wide as you twist it mercilessly. “Overconfidence is your weakness,” you say gripping onto her mane. She bucks wildly with enough strength to knock you away. Twilight helps you back up as Chrysalis’s form shifts uncontrollably.

Her blood shifts from blue to green to red seamlessly as she tries to focus on one form. ”Im- poss…” She falls to the floor, her blood coating the cold stone. She spasms, losing full control of her bodily functions.

“Have a little faith Twilight. I’m not as dumb as I look.” You watch as the light fades from her green luminescent eyes, leaving them barren and lifeless. “May you rot in the bowels of Tartarus for all eternity.”

Twilight latches onto you, and you hug her all the same. You teased her with your mistrust. You made her think she’d lost you. ”If you ever do that again I’ll kill you.” You tighten your hold, keeping her as close as possible.

“Never…”

Back home… Your arm feels almost weightless without your gauntlet on, the extra weight something you grew used to. You tug on your folds and peer outwards once more, looking over the crowd. Luna sits on the balcony, everwatching for trouble, but you suspect she’s not just here on business. The mane 6 stand across from you, healthy as can be now that they’re back to civilized life. Flash stands beside you, being there for you through your ordeal.

You find your father in the crowd with a dozen bodyguards surrounding him. He wasn’t willing to part ways with you after the war, but he accepted your wishes. You nod to him, who firmly nods back, maybe even happy for you. Who knows what goes on in that brain of his? “I would guess many things.”

You laugh and turn to Celestia, standing above you. “Still the snoopy one I see.”

She smiles kindly, “He’s proud of you.”

“Somehow I think that’s a stretch.”

”He doesn’t agree, but he is. You’re doing what you wish to do, not what he wills.”

“I only hope this works out better than last time.”

”I’m sure it will.”

The chirping of birds signals the start, and you look down to the entrance. “Beautiful…”

She walks down the aisle, her head flushed with embarrassment. You share her feelings, but stave off blushing, at least in front of your father. The fillies perform their flower display, skipping happily down the aisle. Shining Armor stands at her side, escorting her down to meet you. He shakes your hand, “Treat her good you hear?”

“Always and forever.” He stands behind Flash, taking his place among your fellows. Twilight steps up beside you, smiling like a little school girl. “You ready?” She nods happily, barely containing her excitement. Celestia takes this as her cue, clearing her throat to gain everyp0nies attention.

”Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Twilight Sparkle and Prince Anon of Glaemar.” Finally the moment that you’ve been waiting for is here. The most important decision of your life, and you wouldn’t change it for the world.

“Love is a special kind of magic, one that cannot simply be broken or torn. It is stronger than any armor, and will outlast the world itself. These two find themselves under its spell, and even the test of war was unable to shake its hold. The strength of their commitment is clear. The power of their love, undeniable. Twilight Sparkle, do you take Prince Anon to be your husband, to care for and cherish, in sickness and in health?”

Her smile could brighten the cosmos itself, ”I do.”

”And do you, Prince Anon, take Twilight Sparkle to be your wedded wife, to care for and cherish in sickness and in health?” You only hesitate a second, the repercussions and what-ifs flying through your mind. Ehh, fuck it.

“I do.”

”May we have the rings please?” Spike raises them, Celestia placing them on you and Twilight. “I hereby pronounce you husband and wife.” They cheer as you kiss Twilight, eyes cast away at Rainbow Dash’s sonic rainboom.

”I love you Anon.” You hug her, tears running onto your back.

“I love you too Twilight.”And they lived happily ever after…

The End.


You toss down your quill in triumph, giving your hand a soothing rub from its throbbing agony. It’s about damn time you jotted all this down. ”Twilight! I finally finished it!”

She butts into your room, looking over your shoulder. ”So you did, well let’s have a look.” She levitates the book away from you, reading it as you follow her. The two of you lie down on the couch, snuggling up next to the fireplace. ”Anon dear…”

“Yes?” you reply expectantly.

”Stick to your day job.” You smile and rub her swollen belly. Today was a good day.



”Are you sure? We don’t have to if you don’t want.”

“I’m sure Twilight. I’ve seen your home and you’ve always wanted to see mine. I promise this won’t be like my last surprise.”

”You know it won’t be good for… well…” You give her a hug and help her onto the boat.

“I promise, I’ll do whatever I can to protect the two of you.” She smiles and leans into you, her legs having trouble standing for two. “All aboard!” You find your room, a nice sized cabin at the stern of the ship. She sits onto the bed, fatigued from her journey. “The journey is by far the best part.” You find the small balcony just outside your cabin and watch as you sail away from Equestria.

”How does it look?”

“Beautiful.” You grip the railing as an ache forms in the center of your skull. “Is it just me or is everything really bright?” You lean on the rails and grab your sword tight, the pain getting worse.

”Are you alright Anon?” You try to respond but an agonizing rush catches your voice. All you can manage is a groan. ”Anon! I’m coming.” As you step forward you trip on the slippery floor, your vision fading into white. You await the hard wooden boards, instead met by damp grass and dirt.

“T-Twilight?” You look around, the boat gone, instead you find yourself in what looks like the Everfree Forest. Twilight, where is she?! Voices come from nearby and you pick yourself up. You track them down, five men on an open field. They’re not Erredians, they’re not big enough, though the guy in the burnt shirt has the muscle. You eavesdrop on their conversation, mainly just bickering. They seem to be just about as confused as you are.

They’re in the same boat as you, you don’t know how you know, but you do. These men look dangerous, but you don’t sense that they’d do you harm. ”Yeah, and it’s the same as every other guy here if I’m correct,” the big one barks.

“Except for me,” the guy in the jacket replies.

“Do what your brother said and shut up. I’m trying to figure this shit out.”

You step out from hiding. “That’s something I’d like to hear.”

Author's Note:

Once again, the very end of the story, preceded by the three space gap, leads to another story.

Comments ( 14 )

i would oh so love it if you didn't upload these all at once:fluttershysad:

3507508
Don't take this the wrong way, but why?

3507522 Convenience mostly. You're a good writer and i like your stories, but i will never get a chance to read all of them when you pump them out like a mofo:derpytongue2: That and i like the wait and suspence. Having it all at once is like your parents dropping off your presents on the first of december. Ergo no fun at all:applejackunsure:

3507557
Hmm... So having the story all laid out in front of you is not something you would enjoy? Odd, I feel the exact about it, as I always prefer waiting until it's finished before I read it. Mainly because I don't have what you would say, patience.

I'm torn, wanting to post all of my stories first, but still wanting to make it so you can enjoy them. How about I post one chapter of each story every day, instead of all the chapters of one story every day? Would that work for you?

3507614 yes it would:pinkiehappy: thanks for the consideration:heart: it means a lot:twilightsmile:

This story and the Anons of Equestria are my favorite stories from you :heart:

3512257
oh shiz nips, meant to post this on Adventure anon D:, but yeah, this story was awesome too and Hero anon was f*king awesome in my opinion

Edit: F*ing hell im out of it, Meant hero anon

Why does Chapter 6 PRECEDE Chapter 5!?

3521095
Whoops, thought I fixed that. Thanks for telling me.

3512276 hero anon gave me most satisfaction and about 4 mindfucks times two mixing in with two of the endings in anon in equestria. bastinator has become the only one I read because he is just so awesome like that.

I rather liked this story.My only complaint is that the romance with Twilight came out of nowhere. First they are just meeting, then they are both madly in love. with nothing in between the two events.

Otherwise good story

The Monk
“To say that Twilight Sparkle went bugfuck would be like saying the Incredible Hulk had some mild anger management issues.” -DustTraveller

Login or register to comment