• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,164 Views, 7 Comments

Rodeo Romeo - NightFirethePegasus



The past couple of years had definitely not been what Braeburn Apple had expected, he has found the love of his life but what no one expected was that it would be Soarin of the wonder bolts.

  • ...
21
 7
 1,164

chapter 5

Braeburn could swear he had probably broken the record for longest continual fit of laughter by the time he and Soarin arrived at the restaurant in Hoofington. Soarin had griped the poor Earth pony's ears off about the wake up call prank he had received from said earth pony.

"-And furthermore you know I'm a light sleeper you didn't have to do all that to wake me up a simple 'wake up Soarin' would have sufficed instead of having your bucking cousin wake me up with her yelling..."

Soarin groaned as he glided through the air using this trip as an excuse to stretch out his wings in the fresh air.

"Alrigh' alrigh' Soar calm yer feathers we're here."

Braeburn chuckled as he held the door for Soarin the pegasus gliding down to land in the doorway. As Soarin walked in Braeburn followed shutting the door behind them.



Soarin approached the pony at the desk,

"Soarin, party of two."

he simply said addressing the other stallion. The stallion nodded and smiled politely

"ah yes mister Soarin if you would come this way."

The stallion led Soarin and Braeburn weaving through the many tables and chairs filling the spacious restaurant before coming to a stop at a booth and placing two menus on the table. Soarin and Braeburn took their seats across from each other and the waiter nodded,

"I'll give you guys a few minutes to decide."

and with that he turned and went to tend to the other customers. Soarin and Braeburn pick up their menus and begin carefully studying them Braeburn more meticulously than Soarin. As the two stallions were absorbed in their reading neither of them noticed a certain fiery yellow pegasus walk up to them with her trademark shades on.

"Fancy seeing you here Soarin."

She sounded very irritable, typical Spitfire. Soarin lowered his menu with a lopsided grin,

"Oh.... hi Spitfire.."

Soarin knew exactly what was about to come out of her mouth next and he had wished she at least had waited to chew him out while Braeburn wasn't around. No such luck.



"You weren't where you said you were staying during your break..."

She began.

"Listen Spitfire..."

Soarin calmly interjected and Spitfire raised an eyebrow listening to what he had to say. Soarin opened his mouth to continue his explanation but then to both his and Spitfire's surprise, Braeburn spoke up.

"T'is mah fault miss Spitfire. Ah left from Appleloosa ta Ponyville ta pick up some ingredients fer a special anniversary treat fer Soar, but like a featherbrain Ah fergot ta leave a note letting Soar know where Ah went and that Ah'd be back. So he came ta check up on me an' after we got may order from may cousin Applejack may cousin Mac and his coltfriend Caramel talked Soarin inta choosin' to stay at the farm fer the night and then they all ganged up on me an' Ah just couldn't say no so if'n ya wanna blame somepony fer Soar not bein' where he said he would blame me."

Spitfire stared blankly at Braeburn and his sudden outburst, quite frankly she will admit she admires him and his guts normally she wouldn't tolerate anypony talking to her like that especially when they cut her or Soarin off but she can't help but applaud him.

"Well then.... I'll let it slide this time but from now on try to keep me in the loop on where you two are..."

With a replying nod from both Soarin and Braeburn she bid them both farewell and left the couple to their meal allowing a faint ghost of a smile to play across her lips at the thought of Braeburn defending Soarin like that.



"Brae why'd you say that you know it was my idea to stay here..."

"Yeah, but, if'n Ah had left you a note ya wouldn't have come all the way here in the first place ya'll would've jus' stayed home."

Soarin just let the subject drop after all he had to admit Braeburn did have a point there as much as he feels he should take the heat for Braeburn at the moment he was right. The waiter returned with a pad of paper and a pen,

"So are you two ready to order or do you need more time?"

The realization dawned on both stallions, due to the interruption by Spitfire neither of them came to a conclusion on what they were going to order,

"We are gonna need a few more minutes."

Soarin replied.

"Can I at least get you guys started on some drinks?"

Soarin and Braeburn looked at each other and smiled before turning back to the waiter and replying in unison,

"Cider."

The waiter nodded and again retreated back into the hustle and bustle of the restaurant.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As Braeburn and Soarin got close enough to the farm that they could see the barn in the distance Braeburn decided to bring up something that was burning a hole in the back of his mind all day.

"Soar..."

Soarin looked over to Braeburn seeing the nervous look on his face Soarin grew concerned,

"yeah Brae? What's up?"

"Well Ah was thinking an' Ah know that if I get the right magic used here and there Ah could gain the ability to fly like ya'll can, Ah asked Miss Rarity and she said she could make me something like a pair of wearable imitation wings..."

"What is the point Brae?"

"Ah wanna be a Wonderbolt like you..."

Soarin was for lack of a better word in utter shock he couldn't believe what he was hearing, Brae, a Wonderbolt, even if he could and Soarin said yes there was the problem of Spitfire she could be stubborn.

"Are you sure Brae? it isn't easy it is hard work and it would be even harder on you because you would need to learn how to fly in general first and I can't guarantee everyone will be as excited about this idea as we are especially Spitfire."

"Ah'm sure as shooting' Soar I would love ta be up there flying' with ya I always have wanted to ever since I fell for ya.."

by this time they were at the entrance to the house on the farm. Soarin had resolved to see his Coltfriend, and future husband's dreams come true and with an affirming nod he replied,

"Okay I'll go speak to Spitfire about it tomorrow but you had best stay here I wouldn't want her lashing out at you for no real reason other than Spitfire being Spitfire okay?"

Braeburn nodded and gave Soarin a quick peck on the cheek before the pair went off to the guest room and got some well needed sleep.

Author's Note:

sorry if the quality of this chapter is kinda low I kinda just wrote this chapter off-hand instead of really planning it out too much