• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 475 Views, 12 Comments

A Fruity Adventure - King Fruit II of Apland



When a portal opens up in Ponyville Library, it's up to Twilight and the gang to save the day in this gripping tale of heroism, friendship and fruit.

  • ...
3
 12
 475

Chapter 4 - Preparations


The ponies re-emerged from the underground chamber quietly. Twilight felt slightly uncomfortable with being a weapon, she had always been the pacifistic type. It would be so much nicer to just be a tool of the beast’s destruction, or the harbinger of his death, but weapon it was.

Applejack however, had much more important things on her mind. Ever since the hospital she had seemed noticeably agitated, and it had only gotten worse since they entered the castle.

“I can’t deal with this shit anymore!” She hollered, careening into one of the pear guards and sending him flying through the air into the far wall, covering it in his fleshy white innards. Before any of the others could react, she bucked a second through the face, splattering yet more fruit pulp everywhere. The two remaining guards quickly closed in on her, firing two crossbow bolts into her neck and middle back. Applejack slumped to the ground, her hat flopping off her head. She writhed in a pool of her own blood, soaking the orange fur on one side and throwing dark red spray around the room. The pony’s eyes were wild as she tugged at the wooden shaft plugging her throat.

Before Applejack passed out she managed to raspily choke out the words, “Fucking pears.”

“Oh my fucking god.” Twilight yelled as the guards dragged away the unconscious form of her friend. “Is she dead? What are you going to do with her?”

“Please remain calm, she is being taken to the hospital to recover. We will wait until she is fit again before we put her in prison.” Juicylips assured.

“Prison?!” Rainbow dash exclaimed, hovering as usual.

“She just murdered two innocent pears, what did you expect?”

“You ordered your entire squad to kill each other for no reason, how can you talk about murder?” Twilight interjected angrily.

Juicylips didn’t even flinch. “I was their superior officer.”

Twilight was fuming, about ready to go on her own killing spree, when The Fruitord spoke up.

“Twily--” He began.

“Don’t be such a fucking creep.” The pony retorted.

“Sorry, Twilight.” He shuddered as he laid his hand on her silky mane, “But please, we must detain your friend as a matter of course. She will be released as and when she is needed.”

Twilight immediately perked up at the soothing words of the lord. “ok then.” She said.

“So what happens now?” Inquired Rarity.

“Well our destination is New Stalk City, where the king resides. He has always been incredibly stubborn and bull-headed, but I think that with your help we can convince him to use his common sense. You see, he thinks that when the beast returns that he can control it, and use the thing to finally destroy the pear race for good, but we know better than that. The whole god thing went straight to his head, and now he believes he can do anything, but that beast will vapourise him, and then us.”

“So we just go to this place and talk to a guy. No big deal.” Rainbow Dash announced confidently, striking a pose.

“Unfortunately, it isn’t that simple.” Sighed The Fruitlord, “If the apple guards spot me they will shoot on sight, and all the roads are heavily blockaded. We will need to travel through the wilderness, well into the banana forests. The going won’t be easy.”

Twilight pointed her chin up and straightened her posture. “Let’s do it. I want to go home.” She snuck a glance at the lord, to reassure herself of her point. Sure enough, he was staring at her with a slight smile, his eyes lustful. Twilight was beginning to work out what “waifu” meant, and yes, she definitely wanted to go home.

***

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity sat in their room at the palace. Most of them were unable to sleep, what with the busy day approaching when they would need to set out for Appledor.

Twilight looked around at the ornately decorated room the lord had issued them. It had five beds: four against the side walls and one on the back, opposite the door. This bed was Twilight’s. She shuffled around and inspected the embroidery of the silken bedsheets. As she focused on the pattern, she noticed her initials and cutie mark worked into the design. She stirred uncomfortably at the revelation and hopped off the bed and down the length of the room to where the bags were packed and ready.

After some rummaging, Twi uncovered the map of the area they’d be travelling through. It was mostly fields and grassland, but a great jungle still laid between them and their destination, the area of the map on the interior of the forest was blank, unexplored. There was no telling what was waiting for them in there. She sighed and rolled the parchment back into the knapsack.

Twilight wandered back over to her creepy, oversized bed and settled onto the covers; she looked at each of her friends for comfort. Rarity laid on her back with her legs comically hanging in the air and an intensely satisfied look on her face with her half closed eyes and heavily dilated pupils. Fluttershy was sitting in silence as always, staring at the wall as if in deep thought. Rainbow dash was the only one of the group completely asleep, half hanging off the edge of her bed and kicking her right hind leg periodically while muttering her own name in an overtly sexual manner.

The near silence was soon disturbed by muffled footsteps outside the room, and Twilight focused her attention on the door. Suddenly, the Fruitlord burst into the room unannounced and looked around with perverse excitement at each of the resting ponies before turning around and walking out again, dejected.

“Damn.” Twilight heard him say, as he shut the door, “Stupid misleading p-” The voice faded away before the end of the sentence could be heard.

“What a fucking perv.” The pony murmured to herself as she settled down to try and get some rest for the full day ahead.

***

“Wakey wakey!” Juicylips hoarsely screamed at Twilight, his eye throbbing unsettlingly. She pulled her face out of the pillow and tried to focus on the noise that just released her from the nightmare that she just endured.

“whut?” She asked redundantly

“It’s time to go, we don’t have much time. Your friends are all up.”

“Alright, alright, I’m coming.” Twi groaned, slumping off the side of the bed and hitting the floor with a thud and a shriek of surprise. She righted herself indignantly before stumbling over to the mirror and brushing her mane straight.

Outside, a group of pears were hauling supplies onto a cart, several of them being badly injured in the process. Rainbow dash and fluttershy were sitting watching and leaning on one another, still half asleep. Rarity was standing nearby, swaying from side to side and humming a tune. She smiled when she saw Twilight.

“Hello Twilight.” Rarity said, “They’re loading a cart for us.”

“Yes, I can see.”

Eventually, the pears lurched away in their unique style and the ponies boarded the wooden construct and took their seats at the sides. Outside the gates of saint Peartersburg palace, there was a wide, winding street heading out of the city, bustling with pears and the odd orange or mango. The crooked houses and businesses leaned precariously over the road and there was an ambient sound of crying, laughter and general voices.

With a clang, the doors of the palace opened and the Fruitlord strutted out smugly and vaulted into the back of the cart with the ponies like an idiot, making it rock back and forth. He then proceeded to sit and look around at his surroundings, getting in more than a few not-sneaky-at-all glances at the purple horse opposite him.

“Um, are we going to set off?” Rainbow Dash asked, “How is this thing supposed to move?”

“well, it doesn’t move at all yet.” The lord said, before leaning in close to Twilight’s face so that she could hear his heavy breathing, “I was hoping you could… Work some magic.”

Twilight sighed.