• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 4,855 Views, 92 Comments

The monk - Sir Hat



I was just on my way through the forest when I saw her crash. I couldn't leave her there...what's a small detour on my usual trip. Never had a traveling companion out here before anyways.

  • ...
10
 92
 4,855

The Scholar Pt 1

"Catholic scum." I pushed past the monk as we walked through the woods, "Why you bring me here?"

The monk shoved me, "Quiet you useless orthodox dolt! I told you, just head into town and find the largest oak tree." He planted his foot on my ass before shoving me off, "Now get out of here you drunkard!"

"(Eh screw you!)" I yelled in my true language, "(Idiot, I will take your face and break your face!)"

The monk yelled one final utterance back at me before disappearing. "They don't speak Romanian!"

I threw my arms up and walked on. "Is bullshit." I grumbled to myself as I walked bulkily along the path, "Ah auh!" I yelled as I tore my coat off, "I hate this place already!" I hung the heavy winter coat on a tree branch and stripped to my slacks and boots, "Is stupid."

I grumbled angrily as I hurried down the path, my satchel slapping against my thighs as I ran, "Mad." I muttered to myself as I started to see the town. "Peasant! Thatch roofs, cheap timbre frames, rustic accents!? Damn peasants!"

I let my arms fall to my side. Who was I to judge at this point, roped into going to this land by some catholic scum, now shirtless in the humid hell, and that's a damn pink horse!"

"Hi there!" The pink horse trotted over and gave me a toothy smile.

"He drugged me." I muttered quietly to myself, "The bastard drugged me!"

The horse started giggling as I pushed past, "Don't be silly. I-"

"I will not speak to my hallucinations!" I yelled back at the bright pink creature as I hurried off.


"Oak tree...well, this is oak tree with door." I mumbled to myself as I approached the large tree. I forced it open and stepped inside, kicking a small lizard to the side as I strode in. "Who wishes to meet me!?"

Just as I finished yelling my entrance an abomination of half bird half horse half mythical creature bolted into the main room. She smiled wide as she walked over and pranced up to my chest. She gave a quick giggle before speaking. "Why don't you have a shirt?"

I stared angrily at her. "Why are you a bird horse with a horn?"

She took a nervous step back. "Hey said you would be...rough."

"Who!?" I yelled as I towered over her. "The Catholic!?"

She flattened out her ears as she took a few steps back. "The other human. He said you were a little mean."

"Mean!? I am mean?" I snorted and crossed my arms. "I deal with horse creatures for him, I walk through forest in middle of night for him, I promise to keep his secret and he calls me mean?" I gave a quick grunt as I looked to the side. "Bull crap."

We stood there for a while until she hovered a book in front of me. "He said to give you this."

I cocked an eyebrow and grabbed the book. I flipped through it a few times before snapping it closed with my palm. "Some sort of Slavic language." I took a more in depth look at the book. "Hmm, perhaps more reminiscent of Latvian. The sentence structure looks to be Angle, as does the entomology. Prussian even. Yes, Prussian is the closest match structure wise."

I snapped the book closed and set it aside as I went to the next. "Hmm, so strange reading Balt words with Germanic structure." I sat on a table as I read a number of books. I mindlessly reached into my satchel, fishing a book out and jammed it in a nearby bookshelf.

"Oh! Thanks?" The purple creature walked over to me, she peaked her head over my arms to try and read with me. I pushed her away and went back to reading. "Hey...."

"Quiet you." I finished with the book and set it aside. "So who are you?"

The creature straightened up. "Twilight Sparkle."

I stared angrily at her. "Your new name is Purple."

"Purple?"

"Yes. Twilight Sparkle sounds like a name for some actor or fool."

Purple looked hurt as her ears flattened out. "You really are mean."

I nodded twice. "Yes I am. Here." I handed her a few more books. Following it up by taking a notepad out and finding a pen. "I am the Boyar of Valcan. Scholar not content to sit around like an old women, and that is why I have no shirt."

Purple looked at the books before looking up at me. "What?"

I cringed as I scratched my chest. "Many see fit to sit in large chairs being pampered, I am not content with that life and as such I came here. The heat is unbearable and thus I took off my coat and am disrobed.

"Okay?" She smiled weakly as she looked through the large book. "So you're a noble? I'm a noble!"

"Is that so?"

"Well...sort of."

I worked my pen before taking notes. "Patriarchy or matriarchy?"

Purple looked up at me for a moment. "Matriarchy."

I scribbled on my notepad. "Government?"

"Uh...I don't actually know. We have princesses."

I shook my head and scribbled again. "I shall-" I was cut off as something tiptoed quietly into the room.

"Twilight I uh...book...." The pale yellow creature walked past me and set a book on a table. "I'll just go no-"

I grabbed the creature under the forelegs and held her in front of me. She squealed like a child as I held her in front of me. She was nearly crying as I looked at her. "I take this for notes."

"Twilight help...Twilight help! Help!" I threw the creature over my shoulder and wandered into a random room. I cleared a table and set her on it. "So uh...I'll just go-"

I spread her body and poked her underside, causing her wings to fly open. "Interesting...." I started taking notes as I held the creature down.

She stayed put but continued to whimper as I poked and prodded her body. "I'm sorry- I should-"

"You stay put." I sat back and continued my notes. She stayed put as I picked her back legs up. "Trimmed fetlocks, well cleaned hooves," I ran my fingers along the inside of her hooves, causing her to giggle like a chambermaid. "Hmm. Strange."

"Sorry...." She hid her face with her forelegs as I took my notes.

I shook my head as I flipped her onto her front and turned her backside to me. Her tail snapped between her legs. I yanked it to the side. "Do not stall." I finished with my unpleasant observations and finished another page of notes. Her whimpering and squirming was becoming rather bothersome. "I have no malicious intent little one. Be still and let me observe." I jabbed her flank with my pen, causing her to kick reflexively.

"Why did you have to look at me...down there?"

I blinked hard as I turned her around to face me. "Leave no stone unturned, no mystery unsolved. I am also not some simple stable boy, venturing to lose his virginity to some mare in the winter. I am a man of science and not some simplistic yokel!"

She nearly fell off the table as I stared at her eyes. "Oh...okay...."

Once I finished with my sketches and notes I took a final time to run my hands through Yellow's mane and scratch up her side. "Is done." I reached into my satchel and pulled out a small purse of coins. "Take these and buy something nice." I set her on the ground and scooted her out the door with the side of my foot.

With her out of the way I hurried to find Purple. "Purple, I require breeding papers for as many horses as you can get me."

Purple looked up from a book. "Breeding papers?"

"Yes. I wish to see genealogy of you creatures."

"Oh...well I might-"

I cut her off and walked over to Yellow. "Too much time wasted, I take field notes. Yellow!" I snapped my head to her. She nearly fainted as I looked at her. "Take me to more horses." I picked her up despite her whimpers and hurried out the door.

"Huh..." Twilight looked through the book the I had given her as I walked out. "What's an Ottoman?"

I turned back to the building for a final time. "Greasy pig human! The Ottoman Turk is the devil!"

I hurried off into town as I contemplated using some of these horned ones to send against the disgusting pigs. "Hmm. Yellow, have you heard of Wallachia?"

"N-no?"

I pet her head as I hurried off. "We find food and I tell you of great nation."

Author's Note:

Ottoman pig will never conquer great Transylvania! Wallachia is powerful nation!