• Published 16th Nov 2013
  • 3,035 Views, 45 Comments

Spikezilla - DarkFang116



what if Spike, the most beloved baby dragon and number one assistant to Twilight, wasn't really a dragon, what if that's the reason why he has no wings. What if Spike's egg was a million years old and he was reborn by Twilight.

  • ...
7
 45
 3,035

Chapter 4: A Rude Awakening

Spike had awoken from his sleep, bags under his eyes. He couldn't really sleep last night due to all the weird, and in his opinion, stupid noises out in the Everfree forest. Spike yawned, stretching his arms in the air. Spike was surprised that he was in a hospital bed, not to mention a hospital. He had forgotten what happened from the day before and didn't know why he was even at the hospital. Spike had hopped off his bed and had nicely folded his hospital gown after taking it off, leaving it on the bed. When the young dragon had entered the hallways he noticed that everything was like a ghost town, all quiet, but not abandoned at least. Spike thus makes it his goal to get out of here. Little does he know about himself, something is awfully different. was he always that grey?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie Pie awoken expecting to be besides her greatest pal/pet Gummy ... except he wasn't there. "Hey, where's Gummy? And where did this huge hole come from?"

Pinkie's room had 2/3 of the wall missing and on her floor was a giant footprint. "Hey, where did this footprint come from?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack had awoken just before it hit 7:00 and had quickly gotten ready to buck some apples.

"Ok, first buck the north orchards then the east and th-" Applejack was listing her daily plans when a horrific sight was beheld to the young orange mare, all the orchards, even the west field, were totally destroyed, every tree smashed to the ground, some that stood had claw marks on 'em, even the apples were nothing but mush. What had done this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash was practicing her flying to impress the Wonder Bolts, flying through an obstacle of rainclouds and using her top speed. "Just ... One ... More ..." Grunted Dash as she was at her fastest, trying to beat her last time of 11 seconds. Just then something flew over and past Rainbow Dash at a greater speed, making Rainbow Dash spin out of control. The thing looked like a huge ball, but Rainbow Dash looked even closer, "A turtle shell shooting fire from all 4 leg openings? What?"

The huge turtle shell had roared as it flew away to the everfree. All Rainbow Dash was thinking was What in Tartarus WAS that thing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy was hiding in her room, afraid of what was outside. "Calm down Fluttershy, everything is ALL right, there is no huge monsters outside and there is definitely NOT pony-eating creatures either," Fluttershy was reassuring herself.

Just outside was a huge rainbow-winged Moth and a really scary-looking black moth just outside waiting for their friend Fluttershy. The rainbow-winged moth had flown to Fluttershy's window and saw Fluttershy scared. Feeling sorry for the yellow pegasus and being her friend It flew down to the scary-looking moth and had told it that they were scaring her and that they should leave her alone for now. The black one agreed and they flew off into the everfree.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The diamond dogs were beaten and the huge dog monster had broken through the surface. Just like all the other monsters the beast had headed for the everfree forest for some odd reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zecora had opened her eyes, hearing weird noises ... or were they roars? Zecora had felt bad since last night for driving that human away, and she had never cracked like that. She had gotten out of bed and took some time to stretch her hooves, but she felt like something was watching her. Very carefully and cautiously Zecora quickly ducked down and slowly crawled towards her window, where she heard ... fluttering?

Zecora didn't want to see for if she did she thought that it might slice her head off. She took a mask and attached it to a broom quietly and quickly, making a head and a neck to see if the creature was vicious and if there was a creature out there. When Zecora had raised the broom up with the mask it was stabbed with a tail, a spiky, black, pointy tail that had a stinger on it. The creature pulled its tail and releasing the broom out of Zecora's firm grip, trying to suck up the energy in it. Zecora stayed away from the creatures sight right inside her hut, but the tail was exactly like what the human had talked about, a Meganula's tail.

"What is a Meganula doing here? A creature like that means that many are near," Zecora panicked, "This is bad, this is very bad, these things might destroy Ponyville. If they aren't stop now then they will kill."

The Meganula was shredding the broom apart in search of energy, but all it got was the energy of useless wood. The bug creature used its tail to throw the dummy and flew off in search of useful energy to absorb. Once the coast was clear Zecora quickly closed and locked everything from her windows to her door to make sure nothing came in. Zecora though was outside the safety of her home to warn the rest of Ponyville if not all of Equestria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere deep within the Everfree forest was Chrysalis, looking awfully tired from flying away from what used to be her subjects, her kingdom fallen to the monsterous Meganula. She was limping towards nowhere in particular, just somewhere away from those creatures. What she didn't know was that she was being followed by the very beast that she was running from, but its eyes, if they could be seen, didn't look at her with hunger, but with a serious look like a guard watching his ... queen. The Meganula quickly flew up in the trees to avoid being seen as to not provoke Chrysalis, keeping its eye on the insect-like pony.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia was awoken to a loud noise of a wall breaking last night and had seen that her balcony had broken off, not to mention the wall was also broken. Celestia thus ordered the guards to not only be cautious, but to also see if anything was out of the ordinary. Celestia had some other worries too, she wanted to see if her sister Luna was alright and quickly ran towards her room. When Celestia was near the doors of her dear sisters room, she saw that the hallway was smashed, broken, and also burnt with flames scorching the air, a huge hole on the right side wall. It was as if a huge creature made of fire had tried to gain entrance inside the palace through here. When Celestia looked towards the doors to Luna's room, she saw that it was gone. Worried for her sister, Celestia went in, and saw that almost the whole place was gone. Where is Luna and what did this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up at the frozen North a creature with a crystal lined back was just underneath the Crystal Empire, filling itself with, well, crystals. Suddenly the beast felt different even though it has always been in this crystal cave its whole life. The beast felt ... stronger, faster, and more vicious, more like its ancestors. The beast roared and dug under the under earth that it was in and had a new mission to fulfill ... eliminate Spike.