• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 3,065 Views, 67 Comments

Five Score, Divided By A Different Time - Violet Runner



After getting the role of a lifetime Jeremy Taylor ends up turning into his characters alter ego from a show that ended a few years ago in this Five Score, Divided By Four side story.

  • ...
24
 67
 3,065

Chapter 11

Doctor Whooves perspective

Shortly after the TARDIS returned from dropping Derpy off at Torchwood it was finally time to go through the portal and kick some Draconequus ass. I checked to make sure I had my sonic screwdriver, which I retrieved from Torchwood before picking up the changelings. I then used the TARDIS to save time getting to Equestria. I arrived outside the ruins of Cantorlot just as a young purple alicorn was trying to use her magic to open a window.

“Come on open!” Twilight said as the window refused to open.

“Here. Let me help you with that.” I said taking out my sonic screwdriver.

“Who are you?” she asked turning to face me.

“I’m The Doctor.” I said introducing myself. “Just The Doctor or Doctor Whooves but that’s not important.” I said knowing what she was about to say. “Now if you stand aside I should be able to use my sonic screwdriver to get rid of the security spell on this window.”

“Wait if you’re the Doctor then your sonic screwdriver shouldn’t work on wood.” Twilight said as I waved it around the window.

“Normally you would be right but I’m not using it on the frame but the energy around it. There, now try.” I said as I put it away.

Once again Twilight fired up her horn to open the window and this time it opened without incident.

“Hey it worked! Thanks.” She said hopping through the open window. I quickly followed her in, just in case she need my help with something else. “Dame it, all the doors are locked.” She said as she tried to open one of the doors to the archives.

“I got it.” I said as I used my sonic screwdriver on all the doors, unlocking them for her.

“Thanks again. But you should get back to the others. They will probably need you to help them fight back Discords army.” Twilight said before rushing into the library.

I then exited the way I came and got back into the TARDIS and used it as a shortcut to Carousel Boutique where Shining Armor was leading the fight against Discord’s army of flying serpents, beasts from the Everfree and a few changelings.

“Bout time you showed up.” Shining Armor said as I stepped out of the TARDIS. “Any chance you could call for some of your alien friends, like the Silence or The Shadow Proclamation to come and help.” He asked as he handed a sword to a pony that was waiting in line to get one.

“Sorry but they don't exist in this worlds timeline and I would rather not disrupt the timeline more than Discord already has.” I said as we heard a bunch of ponies scream. "But don't worry, Demons run when a good man goes to war." I said as an energy beam hit a nearby building. “Oh Man! Looks like Discord still has some Daleks from when he sent me and Derpy to earth.” I said looking up at the sky to see five of them flying above the battlefield and ten of them on the ground.

“It’s a good guess he knows you're here.” He said as I took out my sonic screwdriver pointing it at the closest Dalek casing it to fall to the ground where it exploded.

“They seem to be a slightly primitive version though.” I said taking out another one. “Probably from before the time war and there doesn’t seem to be too many of them.”

“That’s good. But I think the only way we are going to be able to win is with the elements but who knows what Discord did with them.” Shining said as the last of the flying Daleks were destroyed and only five of the ground ones were left.

“I think our best bet is for me to use the TARDIS to go back in time before Discord took over Equestria and grab them before he does.” I said taking out the last Dalek.

“We want to go with you.” The Cutie Mark Crusaders said from behind us.

“We’re only gonna to get in the way here, so we might as we make ourselves useful by helpin get the elements back.” Applebloom said with pleading eyes.

“What do you think Doctor?” Shining asked looking between them and me.

“Alright, but don’t touch anything well in the past except the elements. Ok?” I asked seriously.

“Alright.” They said before racing into the TARDIS.

“Mind if I tag along?” Daring Doo asked. “Finding lost artifacts is supposed to be my special talent after all.”

“Good point. Get in.” I said looking her over.

“Uh oh. My danger sense is tingling.” Shining said looking at the castle in the distance. “Twilight’s in trouble! Big Mac!” He called to his friend.

“Right!” The big red stallion said putting his hoof on Shining’s shoulder and they teleported away and I hopped into the TARDIS and left to get the Elements.

Once the TARDIS stopped I looked outside to see we were in the basement of The Golden Oaks Library.

“Ok.” I said to the Crusaders as we exited the TARDIS. “We have arrived on the day Twilight left for Canterlot and Princess Celestia goes with Discord to that volcano. Now we just need to find the elements and get out of here.”

“But they could be anywhere.” Sweetie Belle said looking in some of the drawers.

“Hey come up here!” Babs said quietly from the top of the stairs.

As we ascended the stairs we began to hear voices coming from the other side of the door.

“Alright Spike, I'll only be gone for the weekend but just in case I have removed the elements from the tree of harmony and have hidden them in the safe in the basement.” The voice of Twilight said. “I don’t know why but I can’t shake this feeling like something bad is going to happen.”

“Don’t worry Twilight I’m sure it’s nothing.” Spike’s voice said. “Discord has been reformed and Princess Celestia can take care of herself. You have nothing to worry about.”

“I guess you're right Spike. See you in a few days.” She said before there was the sound of a door closing.

“Alright.” I said backing away from the door. “All we got to do is find that safe.”

“Hey I think I found it!” Scootaloo said moving aside a painting of Starswirl the Bearded to reveal a set of three combination locks.

“Good work. Now I’ll just do this.” I said waving my sonic screwdriver in front of it. “And the safe should… open.” I said looking into the large room that opened up.

“Aw man we’ll never fin’ ‘em in there.” Applebloom said looking into it and seeing that there was a set of stairs in the back meaning there was more than one level to the safe.

“Never say never.” Daring Doo said. “The Doctor can set his sonic screwdriver to scan for the highest energy signature which should be the elements and we can just follow their signal. Right?”

“Good idea” I said setting it to scan.

We then followed the signal down into the lowest level of the safe until we came across a large door.

“The Elements should be just on the other side of this door.” I said as I set the sonic screwdriver to unlock and used it to open the door. “Well this is interesting.” I said as we walked into the room to see that there were six glass cases each holding a set of elements.

“Which ones are the real ones?” Sweetie Belle asked looking at them.

“I don’t know they are all giving off the same energy signature.” I said scanning each of the cases.

“Well it ain't this one. The colorin’s all wrong.” Apple Bloom said look at one of the cases.

“Or this one. They're not the right shape.” Sweetie Belle said.

“These ones are too small.” Scootaloo said.

“These ones are definitely too big.” Babs said.

“Ok that just levels these two.” I said looking at the last two cases.

“But they look the same.” Sweetie Belle said looking at them.

“There’s got to be a way to find out which is the real ones.” Scootaloo said.

“I got it!” I said scanning them again. "Even though they are giving out the same energy readings, the necklaces and tiara the real elements are set into would be older.” I said as I finished scanning. “And according to this, these one are the real ones.” I said opening one of the cases.

“Are you sure?” Applebloom asked.

“Positive. Look the element of laughter even has some bite marks on it from when Pinkie bit it. Most likely thinking there was chocolate inside.” Daring said grabbing the rest of them.

“Good enough for me. Let’s go!” Babs said as we began our trek out of the safe.

“Ok now I'll just close this up so no pony will know we were here.” I said using the sonic screwdriver to close the safe door once everyone was out. “Ok now we can-” I began to say when I heard a evil laugh from upstairs.

“What was that?” The CMC asked in unison.

“That would be Discord here for the elements. Which means in about three minutes I’m about to get back from my trip with Derpy to the resort planet of Dalmare. So unless we wish to get caught or cause a paradox I suggest we get back in the TARDIS and get out of here.” I said ushering them into them back into the TARDIS.


By the time we got back Discord had joined the battle and things weren't looking good for our forces. Sambra and Chrysalis had taken over in Shining Armors stead and were managing to keep Discords troops at bay but it didn’t help when Discord kept turning their troops into farm animals.

“Good you're back and you got the elements!” Sambra said happily.

“Yep. Where are Twilight and the others so we can take this guy down?” I asked looking around.

“That’s the thing no one has seen them since they left for Canterlot Castle.” Chrysalis said.

“Dame. Well it looks you girls are going to have to use them.” I said looking at the crusaders.

“US!” They said in unison.

“As the relatives of the elements you four are the best candidates to use the elements.” I explained.

“I guess that makes sense.” Applebloom said.

“Who gets what element?” Babs asked.

“OK let’s see.” I said looking at the elements. “Um how about, Applebloom, Honesty, Sweetie Belle Magic, Babs, Laughter and Scootaloo, Generosity.” I said handing them each element.

“Ok but that still leaves Loyalty and Kindness.” Sweetie Belle said looking at the two remaining elements.

“Uh, A.K. Yearling, Daring Doo or whatever your name is. You were pretty loyal to your readers right?” I asked looking at her.

“I guess.” She said looking up.

“Then congratulations you’re the new Rainbow Dash.” I said handing her the element of Loyalty.

“We still need one more pony though.” Scootaloo said seeing Discord beginning to move towards the castle.

Suddenly there was a blinding flash as Derpy appeared in front of us.

“Hey Doctor. Wow. You were right, time travel without a capsule, not fun.” She said shaking her head to clear it from the time and space jump.

“Derpy how did you get here?” I asked looking at her.

“With this.” She said holding up her hoof to show she was wearing a Vortex Manipulator.

“Where did you get a Vortex Manipulator?!” I asked stunned that there was a functioning one in 2020.

“After your sonic screwdriver was dug up, the nice people at Torchwood gave it to me so I could come and help you." she explained.

“How did they- No wait now I remember. There was one in the TARDIS when we got sent to earth. They must have recovered it after the TARDIS crashed.” I said remembering that I still had James Harkness's from when I first arrived in Equestria and had been meaning to deactivate it but kept putting it off. “Anyway, it’s actually a good thing you’re here. You are the sweetest, kindest pony I know.”

“Thanks but how does that help the situation?” She asked noticing everything that was going on.

“Because you can use the Element of Kindness!” I said putting it around her neck.

“Are you sure these will work with just any pony that displays the required attribute?” She asked looking at the elements.

“Hey it works in the Fanfics. And according to the ponies at Torchwood about 40% of them are true.” I said shrugging.

“Well it’s worth a shot.” Daring Doo said.

“Alright, let’s do this.” I said turning to wear Discord was currently turning some dragons into geckos. “HEY DISCORD! GUESS WHO'S BACK?!” I shouted at the Draconequus getting his attention.

“You!” Discord seethed looking at me before teleporting over.

“That’s right Discord, this planet's protected and lookie what I found!” I said pointing to the elements.

“The Elements!? But I hid them in the center of earth’s sun! Even with your TARDIS you shouldn't have been able to get them!” He said outraged.

“The ones you hid where fakes created by Twilight to keep anyone from stealing the real one. I went back in time and swiped these before you got to them.” I explained

“Whatever. I have already dealt with the bearers of the elements so it’s not like they'll do you any good.” He said scoffing.

“We'll see.” I said moving out of the way so CMC, Derpy and Daring Doo could use the elements.

At first nothing happened but as Discord stepped forward to unleash his own attack the elements activated and the six ponies glowed bright and raised up into the air around Discord. A moment later there’s a blinding flash and a rainbow beam shot out to wrap itself around Discord, who screamed out. As he was covered in the rainbow light, all of the troops that had been changed by Discord, began to revert back to their pony, changeling and dragon forms.

“The Elements of Harmony?!” I heard a voice say from behind him.

“Huh?” I said turning to see who was speaking.

“Who just used them?” Twilight asked as she and her friends came into view.

“Who found them?” Shining gasped.

“So... is the war over then?” Pinkie asked looking at her friends, then over at the fading rainbow blast.

The CMC, Daring Doo and Derpy all floated back to the ground, and they all start to cheer. I looked at smoking crater where Discord was, and took a few steps towards it pulling out my sonic screwdriver.

“Girls, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy.” Rainbow Dash said also looking at the crater.

“...Applebloom? Is that you?” Applejack asked as she and her friends came over to see who had used the elements.

“How did you guys... and where did you guys find...?” Rainbow Dash asked a little confused.

“It was a group effort,” Daring Doo remarked as she trotted over to her. “Sorry for using it without you, I know it’s yours.” She said blushing as she points at the Element on her neck.

“Hey, no problem, I’m honestly glad that you used it. I had my hooves tied with other things. As long as they got used, I don’t care who used them.” Rainbow said glancing over at the still-smouldering crater where Discord was standing when he got hit.

“We used them all right! You should have seen us!” Daring remarked proudly.

“Yeah, right, totally. Excuse me for a moment.” She said walking over to the crater where Shining and Twilight were staring into the thick smoke.

“Ya, you girls might want to back up.” I said returning to where the CMC, Daring Doo and Derpy where standing.

“Why? We just used the elements on him. He’s lost.” Scootaloo said triumphantly.

“You know in video games when you think you’ve beaten the final boss, then he comes back twice as strong?” I asked looking down at her.

“Yeah-Ooooh!” She said as she looked over at the crater as Twilight’s horn glowed and the smoke started to clear.

“Wait, who’s clapping?” Rainbow Dash asked as a slow clap began to fill the air. “Oh... fuck.” She said when it hit her.

“My my my, you ponies are full of surprises today.” Discord’s voice came from the crater.

A moment later the smokes clears enough to show him standing there, giving us a one man applause. He didn’t even have a scratch on him.

“That’s impossible! The Elements! You got a direct hit!” Sweetie Belle yelled running forward.

“Oh? Well, my oh my, you must of got a defective set of Elements. Can you still take them back and get a refund? Maybe store credit?” Discord said casually inspecting the nails on his claw.

“The Elements probably got weakened after decades of being abandoned. But still, they should have at least hurt him, even if it wasn’t enough to outright kill him.” Twilight rubbed her chin as she muses quietly.

“No! We beat you! It’s over!” Sweetie started ragging.

“Sorry to disappoint, but you failed again. You always fail, and you always will. You can’t win.” Discord laughed yet again.

“Just bucking die already!” The unicorn filly screamed, magically hurling a sword at him.

Discord held out his eagle claw to block the sword, but Sweetie’s aim ended up better than expected as the sword sliced right through his claw, severing off two of his talons in the process. Discord’s eyes went wide, and he spit out an expletive I didn’t recognize. The bloodied sword clattered to the ground next to him.

“Gah! What the hell, that actually hurt!” Discord winced holding his bloodied claw

Everyone share a sideways glance as we looked at Discord as blood drip down his arm.

“Discord, are you... mortal?” Shining asked as he stepped forward.

“W-what?” Discord stammered as some of the blood drained from his face. “No! I'm always immortal! I’m a god!” He looked down at his bleeding hand and we all stared. It was obvious he wasn't regenerating like before.

“Looks like the Elements weren't entirely useless after all, they stripped your immortality. Ready to surrender now, Discord?” Twilight said giving a low whistle, before getting into a fighting stance.

“I’m far from finished, and I still have more power in one limb than any of you could dream of.” He said angrily glaring at her and sneers.

“So be it. Ponies, battle formation!” Shining cried out and all the ponies in the area formed ranks behind him ready to attack.

“I could fight you, but I’m not stupid enough to risk my life if I don’t have to. Be gone.” Discord said with a roll of his eyes before snapping his fingers and there’s a flash of light.

The next thing we knew we knew we found ourselves on the other side of the battlefield miles away from Discord and the mane six.

“What just happened?” Applebloom asked.

“It looks like Discord teleported us away well he battles Twilight and her friends alone.” I said turning to face her. “Not to worry though. Derpy can take us all back with her Vortex Manipulator!” I said looking at the love of my lives.

“Sorry Doctor but it looks like this thing’s fried.” She said lifting up her hoof to show that the Vortex Manipulator was smoking slightly. “I think Discord somehow used it to amplify his power.”

“Dame it. It looks like we’ll be walking back.” I said with a sigh.

“Wait can’t you just use your key to call the TARDIS and use that to get us back?” A dark blue Pegasus, which I recognised as one of the ponies that was working for Torchwood, asked.

“Sorry I didn’t think I would be needing it so I left back on the TARDIS.” I said sheepishly.

Suddenly the ground began to shake and in the distance we could see Discord had took on the form of his .MOV counterpart.

“That’s not good!” Derpy said as we watched him pick something up from the ground before throwing it and a rainbow streak crashed into a far off hill.

“Alright! That’s it, let’s do this! LEEEEEEROOOOOY JENKINS!!!!!!!!” A random pony who actually looked like a ponified version of Leeroy yelled before running towards Discord.

“Oh my god he just ran towards him!” I heard somepony say before we all started to run after him.

As we were running to help in the fight we spotted what was left of Discords army doing the same.

“Uh, oh. They're not going to be able to handle Discord and his army on their own.” Daring Doo said as the army slowly got closer.

“If anyone can take down Discord It’s those eight. Once Discord’s gone his army should go into full retreat. We just need to buy them more time.” Sombra said.

“All troops move to engage the enemy forces. Stop them at all costs, we can't allow them to reach the others.” Chrysalis shouted as the group turned to engage the enemy troops.

The First enemy we engaged were rogue changelings that began to fire blast after blast of green magic at us. As we engaged the rest of Discords army a stray bolt of changeling magic hit Chrysalis right in the face.

“AH!” She screamed falling to the ground. “Why you little you’ll pay for that!” The changeling Queen shouted getting back up. But as she turned to engage the rouge changeling she saw that they were all standing still like a Borg drone waiting for orders. “Huh?”

“I think that blast toned your hive mind to their frequency.” I said scanning it with my sonic screwdriver.

“Awesome. That makes things a lot easier.” Chrysalis said giving the order for all changelings to engage all enemy troops.

After about half an hour of fighting back Discords troops, there was a loud bang and we all turned to see a rainbow streak slam into Discords face and the ground shock as he fell to the ground.

“Discord’s down all troops move to engage him.” Sombra shouted as the last of Discords troops fled. “Shining Armor, sir, all enemy troops are in full retreat and Chrysalis has gained control over all changelings.” He said as we arrived at the scene.

“Yesh.” I said as I looked into the crater to see the bloody mess that was Discord. “Should we put him out of his misery?”

“No we have a better plan for him.” Twilight said looking down at him.


“Discord, by the order of all Equestrians, you have been sentenced with treason of the highest order, crimes against all humanity, and crimes against all ponykind. You have been found guilty and will now be sentenced in a manner fit for your crime. Do you have any last words?” Twilight asked as Discord groaned, his crumpled body lying on top of a flat stone in the center of the clearing.

"Not to mention being in violation of Articles 57, 58 and Clause 374 of the Shadow Proclamation." I thought to myself, watching the trial.

The rest of the mane six as well as Shining Armour and Big Mac stood guard around him, as Twilight finished reading his sentencing out to the crowd of tens of thousands that formed around them.

“So it’s decided then?” Rainbow Dash asked. “And are we all sure on sentencing him to that many years?”

“If you combine all the years of everyone’s lives that he ruined, it’s the right amount.” Shining said waving a hoof at the crowd.

“Let’s administer our justice.” Twilight said clearing her throat. “The only fair punishment is to make him suffer through the same type of curse we did.”

“We really have the power to use the curse on him?” Big Mac solemnly asked

“Yes. The strain of casting such a curse is too great for any one pony to handle, but if all eight of us do it together I'm confident it will work.” She confirmed.

They then turned to face the prisoner with their heads held high. Twilight lifted her hoof and the crowd went dead silent as she cleared her throat to start the incantation. It was similar to the one Discord used on us but sentencing to live on earth as a horse for a hundred million years. The ground around us quivered and shock, as Discord's ragged body was lifted into the air. The air started to shimmer and split as magic danced around him, and then there's a final flash of light as his body disintegrated into the void.

And just like that, he was gone. The wind blew gently, and after a few seconds of quiet, the entire crowd filled with thousands of ponies, dragons, griffins, and changelings all erupt into cheers. It was all finally over. After twenty five years it was finally over.

“So, hey I know we’ve stopped Discord and all but what about earth? I mean it wasn't really in the best of shape when we left.” Derpy asked.

“Don’t worry. WW3 is a fixed event and won’t start until 2120. Over a horse actually. Come to think of it, it may have been Discord.” I said after thinking about it.

“That’s good, I guess.” Derpy said shrugging it off. “Victory joint?” She asked pulling a small joint from under her Vortex Manipulator.

“Umm, alright. Anypony got a light?” I asked taking it.

“Here.” Night Glade said levitating over a match.

“Thanks.” I said lighting it and taking a hit. “Wow, that’s some strong stuff. Either that or our pony bodies are light weights.” I said coughing a few times, handing the joint back to Derpy.

“It’s not that strong.” She said taking a hit herself. “So what are we going to do now?” she asked passing the joint around.

“Well, I guess the first thing we should do is pick our daughter up from Torchwood. Then… what do you think, a family trip to the resort planet of Dalmare?” I asked looking at her.

“That sounds like a lovely Idea.” She said as we walked over to the TARDIS.

Author's Note:

According to the Shadow Proclamation it's illegal to seed a Level 5 planet but the law was never given a name so I called it Article 58.