• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 1,228 Views, 0 Comments

This Day is Going to be Perfect - Freewing Alchemist P



A collection of random stories that took place on the wedding night of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence.

  • ...
3
 0
 1,228

Chapter 3; Mare's Blues & Noodles

Chapter 3; Mare's Blues & Noodles


Meanwhile in Canterlot a unicorn the color of baby leaves sat at her desk her orange eyes fixed on the papers she was grading. Her long, wavy, burgundy, brown striped main fell around her face.

This day was suppose to be perfect, a day that I would dream of since I was small. Instead of eating wedding cake with my stallion date I was left in a closet knocked out cold. She though woefully.

In truth Charming Aspen had been locked in a janitor's closet the whole time. Yes, she was out cold, but no one bothered to looked for her. Did they know to look for her? Granted the first wedding was actually an attack by Chrysalis, Queen of Changeling's and her brewed. Like anyone outside academia would know her name. Charming fumed in her head. "This day was important to me, the wedding was between a former classmate and friend. Captain of the Royal Guards, Shining Armor." She couldn't help but grows again.

She was oddly shaped just like her mother. Unusually long neck, oddly long arms, larger hoofs. In fact except her main and tail, she got that from her father, she looked just like her mother. An odd wobbling mess, she has been described. Few, if any Stallion, in Canterlot bothered with an oddly shaped mare like her. It was a little dishearten by that but... She had come to except that, still it stung, just a little. She closed her eyes and started to dream of dancing with a stallion but her mental image of the stallion was a blur. She could she see the beautiful decorations, the light, the food, she leaned in towards her date for a kiss when... The front door slammed.

She snapped out of daydream. "Well the rest of the family is here." She spoke as she fixed he oversize round glasses.

Walking out of her room/office and down the hall to the kitchen where the front door was. She stumbled and landed face first on the floor just in view of the kitchen.

"Hay sis." A group called to her.

"Hello, little Filly." Another voice added.

Five unicorn stallions of varying ages came tromping in, to the immediate left of the door was an enormous round table. Each slumped down into the five of seven chairs. Charming lifted herself up and joined them in the chairs.

The twins were closest to her, Hook and Ladder. Both strong, burgundy colored unicorns with stripped blond mane and tails with mischievous eyes identical in every way except for cutie marks. They were both Fire stallions, both of their marks had a fire stallions hats, but one had a latter the other was a pole with a hook at the end. They were always the jokers of the group but today the hung their heads low.

"Today was an absolute nightmare! Wouldn't you say Hook?" Latter asked his brother.

"You got that right Latter. But at least you weren't stuck to the wall." Hook answered. Brother sighed deeply and quietly.

Her older brother, Vital Sat was an EMT pony a dark yellow unicorn with an aqua streaked main and tail he had a cute mark of a blue cross leaning against a green cross. With his head was resting on the table his eyes closed tight. Charming hope he would be OK, he always took life so seriously. Of course he was always the first on the scene at any calamity. He never let anyone down, except himself.

"Yesmostdeffently!" Vital Sat said fast and his face still barred in his front legs.

"Slow down!" Hook sated.

"We can't understand you." Latter conclude.

Raising his head. "I said, yes most definitely!" Vital snapped before putting her head down again.

Next to her older brother was, Set Right a muddy, gray unicorn with black spots and light green main and tail and a cute mark of a pair of handcuffs and police hat. He was a Contralto Police officer. Though the Capital city didn't really need a Police force, because the Royal Guards were housed here, but today was definitely different. He was as true and law abiding as any pony could ever be, honest to a fault.

"Buck, buck it all! They had everyone on the street, even the meter mares were in the fray," Set Right said. "I got snagged too, but I went down swinging, I think I took a few out."

The final stallion was, her father, Stalwart a dark brown unicorn with burgundy main and tail, going gray. He his cutie mark was a set of papers and a hard hat sitting on them. He was a city engineer. He was much broader than the others in his head was hung lower. Normally he would give you the shirt of his back but today he was really worn.

"You all did a real bang up job, I'm proud of all of you and the find work you all did. No matter what happened you've made me and your mother," Her father looked at an empty seat. "Are proud of you all."

The empty seat next to her was where her mother would have sat, Wavering Willow she was good at gardening and owned a flower shop. Which now belong to someone else, none of them could continue to run it after her death. Her father and brothers all said Charming was much like her except for her main. She had few faint memories and what she was told by the rest of her family.

"I see that everyone had the same kind of day I've had." Charming said cupping her head in her hoofs. "Ruined for everyone."

The rest of her family looked at her with confusion. "Well, in my case," Charming began. "I ended up locked in the janitors closet I didn't ever get to go to my old friends wedding. The fake wedding and the real wedding, when they had it. I just got out a few hours ago."

"Sorry about that sis." Vital Sat said.

"Didn't your date look for you?" Hook asked

"Yah, wasn't he wondering where you went?" Latter asked.

"He didn't, he just paired up with one of the single mares at the wedding." Charming waved a hoof at them and let out a sigh.

"Well I know someone who's getting a boot on his carriage." Set Right said as he pounded his hoof on the table.

"Don't bother, I knew that would happen I just didn't want to be set up with Mr. Barley's nephew, he have no idea how to use soap. I just didn't want to miss the wedding, but I did." She pushed herself up out of the seat and look at her brothers and father, she knew only one thing that could cheer them all up. Our favorite treat should turn things around. She thought smiled faintly at them. "Hay, I'm sure that there is a noodle cart that is still in one piece that we can buy from. My treat!" Charming finished with as much enthusiasm as she could fake.

"Noodles!" Her brother called out in unison. "Yah, I think that would be the best right now for all of us, you too." Her father said. Putting an arm around his daughter and a smile on his face. They all got up from the table and out the front door.

Luna's moon shone down on the Canterlot streets, it was eerily beautiful. The streets were still covered with blast holes, many of the store fronts were broken into while other were simply gutted completely out. Lamps lights were intermittently lit and sparse people were out. The family finally found what they were looking for, a mobile noodle shop. The white- blue stallion that worked behind the counter his eyes looked as if they were suck in a permanent squint, but he worked quickly and with great detail to their work. Passing his patterns their food, Charming watched her brother's mouth water. They all took a seat and began to order but that's when she notice something. It was only out of the corner of her eyes but still...

"Hey guys I'll be back in a moment I've got to take care of something."

"OK, sis but your still paying." Hook called out.

"No problems, just be a moment." Charming called back. I can't be sure. I thought I saw a filly slide into a sewer, but why would a filly be down there. She thought to herself. If I followed her what's the worse that could happen?