• Published 16th Nov 2013
  • 7,955 Views, 25 Comments

My Name Is Shade - Dusk Raven



A remnant of Sombra's mind remains - one that wants a new life.

  • ...
3
 25
 7,955

Prologue - Recap

All it took was one mistake for Sombra to seize the Crystal Heart, and seize it he did. When he did, he also captured Twilight Sparkle, and subjected her to brainwashing that turned her against her friends and caused her to join Sombra. Her friends and family were able to break this spell, however, and Twilight battled Sombra himself in a dreamscape to buy time for the Crystal Heart to be activated. When it was activated, it destroyed Sombra’s body save for his horn, but his essence remained. He cursed Twilight with a fragment of his mind implanted into hers.

That’s where I come in. I’m that fragment, devoid of memories save for the events I’ve described. At first I was exactly like the Black King – ruthless and determined to force Twilight to give me a body of my own. But without memories, without purpose, this could not last. And I began to feel what Twilight felt – in particular her feelings of friendship towards her fellow ponies.

In time, I revealed to Twilight what I was – not truly Sombra, merely a shadow, a splinter personality with free will and an existence of my own. She understood me, placed her faith in me, and together we discovered a way to give me corporeal form. By channeling magical power into Sombra’s horn, my body was reconstructed, though I was forced to duel Sombra’s will itself for control.

And now… here I am.

Author's Note:

And thus the third story in the Shade Series begins. It's been quite a rough ride, but I think things are looking up. Thanks to everyone who's read this far, new reader and old alike. I hope to make a story worth your time!