• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 2,829 Views, 65 Comments

Voices in My Head Resurrection - firebirdabirdoffire



Pinkie Pie has always been the most social pony, but a it's a little known fact that she has issues. Never mind, everyone knows that. But its more severe then everyone thinks.

  • ...
2
 65
 2,829

The First Step in the Right Direction

Voices in My Head

Original 4 chapters by ponyofawesome92

Continuation by psycrowacrowmadeoutofpsy

Chapter 11 - The First Step in the Right Direction

On their way to Pinkamena's room, they came across a dinner table with a bunch of inanimate objects sitting on stools, holding a quiet party. "Hi guys!" Surprise shouted and waved towards said objects. Strangely, they waved back. This gave Twilight some hope that Pinkie can still salvaged in some way. For some reason Twilight always saw Pinkie as a mare who plays with whatever works as a doll.


They just came across the filly Pinkamena, she looked more like she was in her early teens. Straight mane, and no cutie mark.

"Oh, it's you..." Pinkamena said unenthused. "Hi Mrs. Cake." She did have a genuine smile seeing her. "Superego..." Her smile faltered as she saw her supposed superego.

"Call me Surprise!" Pinkamena called her nothing.

"Do you know why we're here?" Twilight.

"Yeah, and you're too late. I already won." Pinkamena stuck out her tongue for a split second or three.

"Okay, mind if look around in your rooms?"

"Just stay away from a cherished memories and private sections. They are labeled as such, keeping things organized. Speaking of organized, put the stuff back after you're done. I don't like cleaning up a mess I didn't make." Pinkamena walked past them. "Something the other one would never do unless useless party related."

"If you're going back to her-"

"I'm not, just going to my friends, LeFlour didn't like it the last time I was late." Pinkamena disappeared around the round corner.

"You better keep your promise on the promise on the memories and private stuff." Surprise remarked slightly fearful, Twilight and Mrs. Cake looked at the mare. "I can speak for all three of us that none of us are comfortable sharing them." She bashfully tapped her hooves together.


"I can't find anything that might help us." Twilight said as she put something down.

"Neither can I." Mrs. Cake replied.

"Same." Surprise followed up.

Twilight sighed. "I think it's about time for us to leave, Mrs. Cake. I'm not sure how long we've been here."

"Neither have I." Mrs. Cake admitted.

"Leaving already?" Surprise said.

"Yes, we need to figure out what to do to help you." Twilight said.

"Okay, shall I join your walk back from where you came?"

"No, I can make a portal out of this mind right here."

"Oh, okay, good-bye then." Surprise said softly, as the princess and the baker left.


Twilight and Mrs. Cake stepped out the portal, back into reality. "You're finally back." Pinkamena said. "Took you long enough, I've been hangin' here for an hour and a half."

"Sorry about that." Twilight apologized.

"What did you exactly do?" She asked.

"You don't remember?" Mrs. Cake said.

"Only hour-and-a-half of boredom."

"Hm..." 'Interesting, seems like most books on the subject were correct.' Twilight thought. "Do you know a white Pegasus pony with a yellow mane and tail named; Surprise?"

"Who's Surprise?"

"We'll tell Dr. Virus to take you back to your room."

Suddenly, Dr. Virus opened the door. "Oh, I see you're done. How was it?"

"Nothing like I expected."


Back in the library. The remane-ing 4, Mrs. Cake and Spike were discussing... again.

"I think they're the subconscious versions of them, so should the subconscious Pinkie be cheered up all of the sudden, the real Pinkie should be happy again, too. But she may necessary not know why..."

"Sounds reasonable enough..." Rarity said. "I assume this just step one."

"Possibly."

"But how are we supposed to cheer her up?" Rainbow remarked. "We need something heavenly to help us."

Almost on cue, something close enough to an angel entered in the room. It was Fluttershy, she still had a bandage around her eye.

"Fluttershy!"

Almost the whole group got up a greeted Fluttershy, in a way only close friends would. They also asked eyebout about her eye. "I don't wanna talk about it, yet..." She said. They all explained what they know about Pinkie's situation, and their theories. "Oh my... Let me try to cheer her up. She might feel better if see knows I forgive her, maybe..."

"Let's try it, I see no harm in trying." Twilight said.


That evening...

"Ms. Pie? We're bringing you to that circular strap thingy again." A hospital employee said.

"...And I was just having such a nice nap... Do we have to get back into this thing?"

Once placed it that thing again, three familiar ponies entered the room. The first two they expected. But the third was slightly surprising.

"Fluttershy?!" Pinkie tried cowering, hiding her face or even the rest of her, but there was no such luck with the wheel she's attached to.

"Oh, you're okay, good for you." Pinkamena said, she was kinda glad to see her okay.

Fluttershy walked clumsily, still need getting used to her coordination. "Thanks for caring."

Twilight opened the portal. "Don't let us wait for too long."


"You're back! And you brought Fluttershy!" Surprise shook Fluttershy's hoof violently. "I'm Pinkie's Superego, you can call me Surprise."

"Um... hello." Fluttershy said awkwardly as she looked at the familiar stranger.

"C'mon. Let's take you to her." Surprise grabbed Fluttershy and bolted away. Twilight and Mrs. Cake barely caught up. Surprise knocked on Pinkie's door. "Hello? There's somepony special here to see you." Surprise opened the door, Pinkie was still as usual under the sheet with her face turned to the wall. She did curl herself in a ball however. "I'll let you two alone." A pony walked inside. "You do your magic, girl. We're behind the door, waiting."

"Um... Hello Pinkie." Fluttershy said. The small filly winced. "Don't be afraid, I don't hate you." Fluttershy edged closer. "You didn't do it. Pinkamena did, and she was trying to miss. It costed my eye, but everything's else is fine."

"No pony wants me..." The filly said with an obvious tone in her voice that indicates she's so sad she is having trouble letting out some words.

"I didn't say that."

"Yes you did..."

"When?"

"Few seconds ago... You said that everything else is fine. Basically saying everything's better without me. Nopony wants me, 'cause I'm a bad pony."

"That's not true in the slightest. Ponyville needs you, your friends need you. They want you back."

"...But Pinkamena said that's too lat-"

"Don't listen to her. You can make it happen."

"I don't think I can anymore..."

"Yes you can."

...

"Need a long hug?..." Fluttershy asked. The filly made a small noise. "I'll take that as a maybe." Fluttershy embraced the filly. But the filly still refused to make eye contact.

After a silent while, Pinkie broke the silence. "How's your eye?"

"I can take off the bandage and show you. Do you want to see it?"

"...M'kay." Fluttershy let the filly loose, finally making eye contact. Pinkie looked really sad.

Fluttershy slowly removed the bandage, behind it was an eye.

"But you said you didn't have it anymore."

"I don't. It's a glass eye." On further inspection the filly noticed that her glass eye's color is slightly mismatched, but it's not that noticeable.

"Why did you hide it then?"

"I'm not exactly comfortable walking around with a glass eye just yet. I don't like looking lazy eyed. But none of it is your fault. I'll get used to it."

"Okay."

"Do you want to try to be mare you were before this all happened. For me? And the rest?"

"If it makes up for your lost eye, I'll do my best." Pinkie hugged Fluttershy. Fluttershy, didn't try to repeat that it wasn't Pinkie's fault. She'll catch on one day, she figured.


"-and that's how she got his tail glued to her mane." Surprise wrapped up her story. She promptly had the door bumped to her head once Fluttershy left the room on the other side, she had her bandage back on.

"Oops... Sorry Ms. Surprise."

"It's nothing." She replied.

"Thank goodness." Fluttershy turned her head. "Take care, Pinkie." She wished for the filly.

"'Bye, Fluttershy..." The filly said before Fluttershy closed the door.

Surprise patted Fluttershy on her back. "Wow, you managed to get a word out of her."

"So what happened in there?" Mrs. Cake asked.

Fluttershy explained it all. "In short, she said she'll try."

"That sounds like a start."

"Let's head outside again, to see if Pinkie has changed at all." Twilight said, as she opened the portal.

Surprise sighed. "Okay then, bye." She waved them good-bye again as they all walked through the portal.


They appeared in front of the strapped down pink mare. "You're back." The mare whispered. She had some curls.

"Pinkie?" Twilght said.

"Yes."

"What did you do in there?!" Pinkamena suddenly took over. Curls disappeared. "Suddenly she's a little more open. You're brainwashing us, aren't you?"

"No we're not." Twilight said.

"Doesn't matter." Pinkie said. "I feel a little better." Everyone, including the pink mare except for the pink mare grew smiles of various sizes. "Um... By the way, who's that pegasus behind you?"

"Surprise!" They all turned in shock to see the omelette mare.

To be concluded...

Author's Note:

One actual chapter left. And several epilogues.