• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 1,265 Views, 16 Comments

A Hero's Tale - steel soul



The soul serviver following the death one his world finds himself pulled into the world of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 16
 1,265

A talk of Leadership...

He awoke to pain…Like he had done the day before, and the day before that…

Pain and darkness.

He could feel his once beautiful body painfully pulling itself together. Ruptured organs. Broken bones. Damaged tissue. All of it was slowly, grotesquely, repairing itself. A lesser being would have gone mad with hate at the unbearable agony he could feel, ebbing though every inch of his broken mind.

He chucked…

Well…it’s a good thing I was already.

He casted a glance over to his side with the one good eye he could manage, finding a few odd looking creatures looking at him nearby. They dare not approach however. The fear he felt from their quaking forms causing him to smile with his broken jaw.

Yes…fear…

He loved that word in more ways than one. It would always get things done. It always kept others from questioning his stability.

Well…Everyone except …her…

He glared coldly into the dark trees of the forest. She was always trouble, even in the beginning. But she did care for his prized student, so she was a necessary evil. He had believed that he could mold the boy, form him into something more…useful.

But that silver haired whore’s ideals stuck with him didn’t it. Yes…She was the one who broke his toy, and in return, she was the one who caused his broken toy to wreck everything. Everything he had worked for. His dreams of a perfect paradise.

Now here he was, deep in the forest with little more than madding pain and devilish thoughts to keep him company. Oh…and how devilish they were. Even now, he can sense the boy’s presence. It was too far from the boy to locate him, but he could sense him perfectly. He was healing as well. Good…he wanted him fully healed before he dashed all hopes away from him.

He will pay. Oh yes…He will pay dearly.

The silvered haired being reached a broken hand out, his fingers twisted all in different directions as he spoke. His tone like that of a demon possessed.

“I’m going to get you…My little Ka-zu-ki…”

Equestrian Angel

Theme-Millions of Bravery

Kazuki awoke with a start, his body doubling over as a streak of pain washed over his being. He could steel feel his rips had not yet properly healed yet. It was to be expected however. He wasn’t the most adept at healing arts. He was lucky to have what he had before…

He shook his head slowly.

“No…just…forget about her…” He whispered to himself. With a gentle sigh

Another throb of pain wrecked his body, sending his body into shivers. He gripped the bed sheets tight as he could as he fought through the pain. He used his inner magic to feel out the damage of his being.

The ribs seemed to be more bruised then anything. He was told by the yellow mare, Fluttershy, that when he had first arrived, it was a lot worse than that. He really was thankful for what he knew…and also thankful for lady luck keeping him safe.

He cringed as he moved.

Still hurts though…

His mind started to wonder as the pain progressed, going over the events of the past two days in an attempt to distract himself from his throbbing ribs. His thoughts stayed towards the purple mare named Twilight. She had returned the day after their first meeting to talk to him, and despite Fluttershy’s wishes, he had agreed. His mind played back the events as best as it could, recalling the talk he and Twilight had…

~

Twilight sat beside his bed, a quill and scroll in front of her, ready to once again take notes, though she did look a little…calmer than the last time he had met her. More than likely it was due to the muffled talking she and Fluttershy had done behind the door just before she had entered the room.

The soft glow of the candlelight beside her the only light within the room, the curtains having been drawn as not to be disturbed by unwanted visitors or wondering eyes. In the dim glow, Kazuki watched as the mare study every inch of his face, unknowing causing him to become a little hesitant in her company. When he had looked away from her, her ears had folded back in response. When she spoke, her tone was that of remorse. “Uh…I’m sorry for…you know…Not considering your feelings all of this. I was just so excited to see a creature that even Princess Celestia may have never seen before and…well…I treated you poorly. Your lost and alone…not knowing where you are and…well…I’m really, really sorry… “

Kazuki blinked once, slowly processing what she had said, then smiled softly. “Hey…I properly would have acted the same way if I was in your shoes…ah…well…horseshoes…” He looked downwards towards her legs. “Is it hooves?”

Twilight giggled, shaking her head.

“Ok, ok I get it. You accept my apology.” She beamed as she sat up straight, giving her wings a gentle flap before speaking again. “Ok then. I just have a few questions for you today, but I want to go over what you had told me first. Now, you told me about your race and what you specifically are in general, that being a hedgecat, am I right?” When he nodded she continued. “Now then…Let’s see…where in Equestria do you come from?”

He looked down, not knowing what to say. What could he say. “I…I don’t know…” When she raised an eyebrow at his answer he continued. “I mean…I don’t know anyplace named Equestria. When I woke up I was here…”

“So…you don’t know anything?” Twilight inquired. “What your town was called or where you’re from?”

“I…Knew where I was,” He stated. “And it was nowhere near a place called Equestria.” He fidgeted with the bed sheets as he spoke, his gaze shifting down. “It wasn’t a town I lived in, it was a convoy.”

“You lived in a convoy?” She inquired. “You mean a group of chariots, traveling together for mutual support and protection.” He nodded before continuing.

“Not really chariots but yeah.” He said smiling a little “There were a lot of us. As far as we knew, we were the only ones that traveled. We had too…”

Twilight leaned in, her eyes widening. “Why?”

Kazuki shook his head. “There were these monsters. Shades we called them. Ruthless beings that wanted nothing more than to destroy. They always attacked in the cover of darkness, which is why we usually traveled at night and slept most of the day.” He scoffed. “Not that it made much of a difference. The sun was always blocked by the clouds that covered the lands.”

“There was nopony to clear the skies for you?” Twilight asked.

Kazuki raised an eyebrow. “Clear the skies? What do you mean?”

“Well, here in Equestria, pegasi can control the weather.” Twilight explained. “They help make it rain and snow and…well…everything else that relates to the skies.”

“Wait…you can control the weather?” He asked leaning in a bit.

She nodded. “Not just the weather, but the seasons too. As well as the sun and the moon. But that is strictly for the princess to control. Kazuki reared back, his brown eyes widening.

“You…you can’t be serious. The weather maybe…but you would have to be insanely good at class one fire magic to even attempt to do something like that…and even then, I’m sure the strain will kill you the second you do.”

“Your magic is based on classes?” Twilight asked. “Wait so you do have magic in your world? I knew you were doing magic, even in your unconscious state. Tell me about your class based system. What class were you? How strong were you most powerful magic user?”

“I…ah…I…” He looked around, not know what question to answer first. Heck. He barely remembered what question’s she asked, she was speaking so fast. Seeing the noticeable expressions he was giving, Twilight pulled back and blushed deeply.

“Oh…ah…S-Sorry…” She said. Kazuki could have sworn he heard her squeak after he spoke. He passed it off as it being the bed instead.

“Ah…no its ok.” He said with a nervous chuckle. “Just…repeat the first one and I’ll answer that as best I can.”

“Right…” She looked over her notes. “Ok…first one…heh…a obvious one I regret to inform you. I asked if your magic is based on classes.”

Kazuki raised an eyebrow. Was she seriously asking her questions in the order she asked them? “Yeah…It’s based on a three class system. First, second and third class; third being the lowest.”

“Can you go in more depth of your system?” Twilight asked.

He nodded. “Well, almost everyone knew some form of magic, most of which were healing magic, but more than a few knew other forms.” He thought for a moment. “There was fire and Ice. Water. Wind. Earth. Also light and…dark...” He said the last magic with a somewhat distant tone.

“Besides the light and dark, not too many unicorns know any of the other magic you mentioned. In a way, wind is controlled by Pegasi and earth is controlled by…well…Earthponies.” Twilight remarked. “So…If you cannot control the weather with your magic, I assume you use you magic for a different purpose?”

He nodded sagely. “Yes. It was a basic way for use to fight the creatures the darkness spawns.”

“I…I see…” She said before looking away. She then perked up.

“Wait. If everyone could use magic, that means you can too?” She said excitedly.

He looked away for a moment before closing his eyes. “I…I can but…well…” Raising his hand he gave his fingers a snap, causing a flash of purple electricity to appear for a split before it disappeared. “I’m…not that strong…or adapted in magic. Heck…I’m amazed that I have any healing properties what so ever…”

Twilight’s eyes winded as she began to take notes. “So you’re a third class then? It’s not all that bad though right? Electricity is a hard spell to learn for most ponies, so for you to know it here is a will be an uncommon sight” She said with a kind smile.

I'll take your word for it. Kazuki mused in his mind.

“So do you know anymore magic?” Twilights asked with a hopeful glint in her eye.

He looked away again. “I…Don’t. Or rather, I can’t learn anymore. All other magic, besides sub-basic healing and sup-par lightning is all I can learn.”

Twilight’s ears flattened. “Well…I’m sure with practice…”

“It’s not about practice.” He said, interrupting her. “My body is damaged goods, only kept so I could sacrifice myself on the front lines.” He talked in a bitter tone. “No one…not one, expected me to come out alive every time.” He gripped the sheets as he spoke. "No one was there to welcome me back with a job well done..."

“Kazuki…” Twilight looked up the hedgecat, her face showing concern. At the sound of his name, he looked the mare’s way before flatting his own ears. He looked away and waved a hand, dismissing his last statement completely.

“Just forget about it Twilight. That’s, in more ways than one, in the past for me. I’ll tell you about the ferons but other than that…”

“No. I understand.” She said nodding gently. “Now…where were we? Ah yes. Now then can you tell me abet about your history? Or did you not learn of it?”

He looked at her for a second before blinking once. “Our history, well I don’t know much accept the basics. How we use to live. How we planted and farmed. A bit about our rulers…”

Twilight nibbled on the feather of her quill. “Let’s start with government. We here in Equestria belong to an pony friendly form of a constitutional monarchy, with our rulers, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, managing Equestira from Canterlot.”

He tilted his head. “Um…Mind if I ask a question?”

“Oh, go ahead.” She said beaming.

“What’s a constitutional monarchy?”

Twilight’s already prominent smile brightens at his inquiry. “That is a very good question Kazuki. A constitutional monarchy is a form of democratic government in which a nonpolitical monarch acts as head of state within the boundaries of a constitution, whether written or unwritten.” Kazuki stared blankly at the mare. “Ok let me put it this way,” She continued. “It a form of leadership where the leader is in charge, and follow a set of rules given to them. They hold power but not so much so that some might think they are an absolute monarch, or one that is in charge of every aspect of their rule. The princess’s worked alongside a set of government officials to help rule over our country.” She looked at him. “I’m surprised that your school system didn’t teach you such simple things.”

He looked away. “We were…preoccupied at the time…”

“Oh…” She looked away as well. “The monsters, right?” She spoke again after his nod. “Well…Did you at least get what I was telling you?”

He nodded. “I think I get it…kinda…” He smiled sheepishly. “Still kinda going over my head.”

“Well I think you get the just of it anyhoof. Now then, what about where you come from? What was your government like?”

He paused as he thought about it. “Well…from what I’m told, we had a president, for a time at least.”

“Hmm? What do you mean?” She inquired.

“Well…I don’t know the details, fully at least, but when the monsters first began to appear, the president and the other important ones did as anyone would have expected them to do. The President tried to fight back. It was though those fights that we were able to harness our Magic.” He paused. “But, soon the monsters began to become more and more frequent, and…well...our world soon began to become over populated with the beast. I was told whole cities crumbled before the monsters.” He shook his head. “And the president and the important ones did the only thing they could think of.”

When he didn’t answer Twilight moved a bit closer the question already reaching his mind before it left her lips. “What did he do?”

“She…” He corrected.

“She.” Twilight parroted.

“She left…”

~

He shook his head, clearing himself of the thoughts. On his world, he had been so accepting of his role. Now that he had time to think about it, it irked him. And the more time he thought about it, the angrier he became. How could he have just risked his life for those that refused to fight themselves. How could their leaders just…run?

He shook his head before gently lowering himself back to the pillow. He looked out the window and sighed gently.

“Not much to do until my body heals…” He said to himself. Turning over he covered his head with his pillow and closed his eyes. “Forget about the past…and sleep…” He said softly before he allowed slumber to overcome him.

~

The sound of something creaking pulled Kazuki from his slumber, the sleepy furon now fully wide awake.

Was that the window? Wait...Someone is in the room with me!

The gentle sound of flapping filled the small run, followed by the feel of slipping under the covers. He could feel soft fur rub gently against him, his body instantly stiffining as he felt the warmth of what ever it was that was...well...cuddling him under the warm blanket.

"Don't be afraid Shy. Its only me." Said a scratchy yet feminine voice from behind him. "I just...I had that dream again...You mind if...if i stay here tonight?" He did not answer. He could not answer. The very thought of answering terrified him. He could feel her smile gently against his back in the darkness of the night. "Thanks Shy...I...I know that...ya know...your not like that. It still comforts me that your willing to help me though."

Kazuki's eye twitch. Like that? What did she mean like that? Crap! Wait! Better question! why is Fluttershy letting me use her bed!? Where is she sleeping?! WHERE THE HEY IS SHE!?!?

"Shy..." The sound of her voice the feel of of something soft pulling him closer made his brain go temporary numb. "Thanks again..."

His eye twitched again.

He was so screwed in the morning...

Author's Note:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp: