• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 1,456 Views, 53 Comments

The Cassandra Crossovers - CassandraMyOCisBestpony



A spinoff of the smash hit fanfic "The Cassandra Chronicles." My OC Cassandra journeys to alternate dimensions, and helps them learn the magic of Friendship

  • ...
52
 53
 1,456

Ace Attorney, Apollo Justice

A/N: This story contains spoilers of the first Apollo game, but NOT Dual Destinies.

Chapter 7: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Crime never sleeps, especially in the Phoenix Wright world, so once again, Cassandra was enlisted to help. Apollo Justice was briefing her on their progress.

"The only clue I have is this fingerprint, and I can't take it to Ema because she's PMS'ing something awful."

"What else is new?" said Cassandra, "but no worries, I happen to be an expert in forensic science" said Cassandra, "let me take a look at it." She gave it a thorough glance, "Mm-hmm. I see. Very interesting. Yes, I'd recognize this fingerprint anywhere."

"Yes? Yes?"

"It's someone you know very well. Kristoph Gavin."

*****

Cassandra and Apollo arrived at the maximum-security prison. The tense mood was punctuated by the buzzing noises of security doors as they slid open and slammed shut, and clamor of guards and convicts. After being cleared for contraband, a guard walked them over to Kristoph Gavin's cell. The prisoners whistled and made catcalls, but they clammed up the moment they saw Cassandra; not even the men on death row would risk getting on her bad side. Finally, they arrived at Kristoph's richly-furnished cell, which included a fully-stocked liquor cabinet, a plush red armchair, and a shelf crammed full of law books.

"It's a travesty" said Kristoph, "they think anyone with a huge library and a taste for classical music is evil."

"That's not true." said Cassandra, "my friend Twilight lives in a library and no one thinks she's evil."

"Shut up."

"Mr. Gavin, we're here as part of an investigation..." started Apollo

"Yes I gathered that, but before I answer any of your questions, you must answer one of mine: If I were a pony, would I be good-looking?"

"If you were a pony, you'd be Discord." replied Cassandra

"Good answer, advantage you. And my brother Klaiver, I suppose all his grandstanding would make him Trixie."

"Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Applejack's German cousin, Apple Strudel. His boorish behavior and intolerable demeanor can only come from that family's DNA."

"Valid."

"So now that I've indulged you, how about you tell us why your fingerprints were all over the crime scene?"

"I can't fathom why." said Kristoph with a smirk. Links of chains and four black locks appeared over his heart, which only Cassandra could see.

"This isn't over." she said.

*****

Apollo and Cassandra went to the cafe where the victim was last seen. Unfortunately, Kristoph's douchebag brother Klaiver was there.

"Guten tag, Herr Forehead" he said in his stupid foppish voice

"Guten tag yourself, Piano Man," said Apollo, "let me guess, you're the prosecutor on this case."

"Ja, I was kind enough to cancel my rock concert so that I could do it." He played some air-guitar.

"Well aren't we just so lucky" said Cassandra sarcastically. She searched around the area and found a bunch of vital clues that everyone else had missed. "'kay Apollo, I think we're just about done here. But before we leave..." She took out a bottle of laxative and poured it into Klaiver's coffee while he wasn't looking.

"Wow Cassandra, that's fucked up." said Apollo

"People have to learn not to leave their coffee unattended. Think of it as paying our respects to Diego Armando."

"I see. We should probably be on our way." The two hurriedly made their retreat.

"Achtung! I require the waterklosset!" cried Klavier, dashing into the cafe.

*****

"Back already?" said Kristoph with a smirk.

"You know it." said Cassandra, "and we've got the evidence to bring you down! I submit that you hired a guard to shoot the victim from his tower."

"But he was killed by stabbing" pointed out Kristoph.

"I know that. Take a look at the murder weapon. It's got a groove carved into it."

"So?"

"We found a rubber band in the guard tower. And from this we can conclude that the guard used a makeshift bow-and-arrow to kill the victim!"

"AAAAAUGH!!!!" said Kristoph, as the black psyche-locks shattered, indicating that his secret had been revealed. "Fine, you got me. I was planning to pin it all on my brother Klaiver because he's stupid and annoying."

"I understand." said Cassandra, "I will not interfere."

"That was awesome Cassandra You solved the case!" gushed Apollo.

"I know."

Author's Note:

I know this one wasn't my best, but some of you should be pretty happy to hear what's next; a 2000+ word chapter on Firefly.