• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 1,407 Views, 5 Comments

Crossing Worlds - Bronygirl6729



A story about...you! Your journey to Equestria, your adventures there, and villains you fight are all included!

  • ...
2
 5
 1,407

Party Crashers

Chapter Three: Party Crashers

All right, it's finally here guys! Thank you so much for your your support and know that I wouldn't be able to write this story without you! That's all I have to say, so sit back and enjoy the read!


Too...much...cake...

You're sitting at the table in Pinkie Pie's room, with Twilight sitting to your left and Rarity to your right. Rainbow, AJ, and Fluttershy are all sitting across from you doing the same thing, but Pinkie is still dancing and singing along to yet another song. Zecora had already gone home.

"Perhaps that cake-eating contest was a bad idea," Rarity moans, resting her head on the wooden table while the others mumble their agreement.

"Come on, ponies! The party isn't over yet, and so let's dance while we can!" Pinkie dances like a pro, although looking at her, you wouldn't think it to be so.

"So, Twilight, you used to be a unicorn?" You ask Twilight curiosly, still resting at the table with the other girls.

"Yes, I was actually born an ordinary unicorn, but as I got older, I found that I had great talent in magic and enrolled in a school for gifted unicorns, where I met and trained under Princess Celestia. After many years, I moved here to Ponyvile to learn about friendship, and when I recently mastered friendship, Celestia gave me my wings..." She gives her wings a tiny flap wthout moving her body. "...and I became a princess."

"So...anyone can become a princess? Even someone, I mean, somepony, like me?"

Twilight considers this for a moment, and then nods. "Yes, any of you girls could, bu you would have to master an art such as friendship or love, and to master it, you must not only fully understand it, but experience it."

"Huh." You ponder this for a second, only to be feel a pang of hurt shoot though your stomach. You moan again and rest your head on the table like Rarity. "Anything else interesting for me to learn about? Any...enemies?"

"Well..." Rainbow Dash says as she looks over at Discord, who is chatting at a table with Spike. "I might know someone with an interesting past." She seems almost hostile as she speaks.

"What are you talking about?" You ask.

"[Y/N], if you must know, Discord actually used to be one of our worst enemies," Rarity answers for Rainbow.

You suddenly burst out laughing, but then stop as the girls continue staring at you with solemn faces. "Come on, girls, are you serious? This is Discord we're talking about. He loves pranks and chocolate milk rain. What's so evil about that?"

They all exchange glances, and then Twilight speaks. "With our help, he has learned to tone down his antics and is no longer a threat. However, not too long ago, Discord was not merely a mischief maker, but a lord of chaos. He took over the throne thousands of yeas ago which made life miserable for ponies. Celestia stopped him by turning him to stone, but much, much later, during our lives, he escaped. When we tried to stop him, he made us forget our friendship and turn into the opposite of our true selves, which, let me tell you, wasn't pretty." Twilight pauses, grief-struck for a moment. "Eventually, we were reminded of our friendship and were able to encase him in stone again."

You look at her, puzzled. "Then why is he here now and not a statue anymore?"

"Well, this is where it gets interesting. Princess Celestia brought Discord here a few months ago so that we could reform him. She wanted to use his magic for good, so we reluctantly agreed. She said that she believed Fluttershy would know best how to reform him, and she did. She befriended him, which caused him to see the benefits of friendship. After being reformed, he moved to Canterlot for about a month to help the Princesses with their magic and other things. But, after he finished, he came back here and is roomates with Fluttershy now, since nopony else trusts him enough yet to share a house with him. He said that the city life wasn't for him, but I think he just missed Fluttershy."

This causes everypony to look at the butter-colored mare. Fluttershy laughs embarrassedly and fiddles with her hooves. "Oh...I doubt it, h-he just likes small towns, I guess."

"Oh, come on!" Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes. "You should've seen her when Discord left for Canterlot. She was all, 'Oh, he is such a sweetheart.'" Rainbow flutters her eyelashes, imitating Fluttershy.

Fluttershy blushes fiercely, ducking her head in embarrassment. "I was just saying what I felt."

"Then I can only imagine what it is you feel," Rainbow said with a smirk.

"Ok," you interrupt Rainbow's teasing. "Any other enemies?"

"Um, there was Nightmare Moon, but we defeated her a long time ago and turned her back into Princess Luna," Twilight said thoughtfully.

"What about Queen Chrysalis?" AJ says.

"Oh, yes, my brother, Shining Armor, and his wife, Princess Cadence, defeated her with their love. Hmm, I wonder how they're doing now as rulers of the Crystal Empire. Speaking of the Crystal Empire, the only other enemy I can think of is King Sombra, former ruler of the Crystal Empire, but we also defeated and destroyed him. So, no...we have no enemies right now."

As Twilight speaks these last words, a rumble shakes the entire building, causing Pinkie to stop dancing and everyone else to look up as a large figure breaks through the roof. The ceiling collapses, falling on everypony and causing a scream to emit from you as dust blinds your vision. As the dust clears away, you look around to see you and your friends buried by pieces of the ceiling. You hear a few groans, but they at least tell you that everypony is all right.

All of a sudden, a figure lands in front of you and stares you right in the eye. It takes you a moment to register that this is a pony. She is a very dark shade of violet with reptilian-looking yellow slit eyes and large alicorn wings. Her mane and tail are cut short and jet black in color with streaks of blood red running through them. She is wearing a black bodysuit with slim black boots. The most terrifying and outlandish thing about her is her horn, which is broken in half. With her frightening appearane, it is hard for you to not cower in fear.

"Yes," she purrs in a metallic voice. "You are right to cower before me. I am quite...fear-inspiring."

"Hey, leave her alone!" A tired Twilight emerges from the wreckage, followed by a dazed but otherwise unhurt Spike.

One by one, all of the girls emerge from the rubble and luckily seem to only have a few cuts and bruises.

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash threatens. "Get lost, bug eyes!"

"Shut up! You do not insult me!" Rainbow Dash keeps a menacing expression although she is clearly stunned by the alicorn's reaction. "Something is different. Somepony has returned for my crown. My...Golden Crown. One of you are supposedly meant to wield it." She looks straight into your [E/C] eyes. "Well, I don't like when my property is stolen, or when I hear rumors about somepony encouraging other ponies to take what isn't theirs. Tell me, [Y/N]...who really wants the crown, you or Celestia?" Her eyes wander towards your crown cutie mark and your look at your flank also. "Don't think that the fact that you have a tatoo of a crown on your flank means that your destiny is to steal my crown. After all, destinies are chosen by you, not for you." She is so close to you that you feel her hot breath on your face.

"Leave...her...alone. We have done nothing to you," Twilight practically growls, her wings out and her horn pointed at the mystery mare in pure fury. "You have made your case quite clear, and now, we will hear no more of it. So get lost."

"Very well. I'll leave...for now. But you have been warned." As she opens up her wings to fly off, you step forward.

"Wait!" You say, causing her to stop. "Who...who are you?"

She lets a sly grin spread across her face. "You do not know who I am, [Y/N]?" She steps closer, so close that her voice is but a whisper in your ear. "I am Reptantis."

As these words are whispered in your ear, the mare disappears without a trace, leaving only an echo of her cruel laughter behind.

You stare after her in shock. "She...she knew who I was. She knew my name."

You whip your head around to see a frantic Fluttershy searching for Discord. "Discord! Discord! Girls, I can't find him!" She runs over to a rather large piece of ceiling and tries to lift it, but to no avail. You run over quickly and help her lift it, and then look around to see the other girls helping too. You finally lift the piece of ceiling high enough for Fluttershy to dart under it. "Girls, he's down here, but I think he's unconcious!" You can tell she's crying.

"Rainbow, go help her!" Twilight yells through gritted teeth.

"No, if Rainbow leaves, I won't be able to hold this side up!" AJ snaps, obviously struggling to keep her grip on the fragment.

"I'll go!" You say quickly offer.

"Be careful," Twilight warns.

You nod and slowly release your hold on the big piece of rubble and slide under where Fluttershy disappeared. The entire fragment is about ten feet in both length and width so it doesn't take long to see Fluttershy hunched over an unconscious draconequus. She looks up at you with tears streaming down her dirty yellow face.

"I can't move him! Help me, please!" She whimpers as a loud creak sounds and the fragment above slides down towards you.

Without responding, you run over to them and grab Discord by the scruff of his neck and throw his upper half on top of your back. "Fluttershy, put his legs and tail on your back and follow me out!"

Fluttershy nods and heaves Discord onto her back. Once she has him secured, you fix your stare on the small shaft of light coming in from where you came. With every giving moment, the ceiling fragment is comig closer to your heads, closer to shutting you in, closer to collapsing. But that light can save you.

"Come on, walk with me slowly," you shout over he creaking of the fragment. You and Fluttershy start walking while balancing Discord on your backs. There is little oxygen under the large fragment which causes you to teeter a bit, but you keep going as strong as you can. The light begins getting larger and larger until, finally, you step into it.

The enormous weight is lifted from your back by strange distorted voices and blurs in your vision. You look around, dazed, and try to breathe in, but instead, fall to the ground. You frantically search for Fluttershy and Discord until your eyes forcefully shut themselves.



You feel your eyes flutter open after what seems like an eternity, but you see nothing for a moment. Have I gone blind? After a moment, however, your vision clears to reveal an empty white room. As you look down, you see that you have a hospital gown on and are hooked up to some sort of machinery. Suddenly, however, you realize that the room is, in fact, not empty.

"[Y/N], how do you do?" As you look to your left, you see a battered draconequus looking at you with tired red eyes.

You chuckle softly. "How well could I be doing in a hostpital?"

"Hmm, true. So...I guess I have to thank you for saving my life, because no matter how sappy it may be, that was very brave." He looks at you gratefully.

"It was no problem, I wasn't going to let you die. But you should thank Fluttershy too for diving in after you. I never thought she could ever be that brave. But when your friend is in danger, I guess even the shyest of ponies will do whatever it takes." You fiddle with your hooves and look up at him.

Before you two can say any more, the hallway fills with a quiet voice. "I brought them flowers, I just want to leave them, I won't wake them, I promise."

"Quick, pretend to be asleep. If she comes in and we're awake, she'll think she's disturbed us." Discord whispers.

You nod back, then settle down facing Discord and close your eyes as he does the same. You finally hear the doorknob rattle and hoofbeats approaching your beds. Fluttershy sets something down on your table, presumably flowers, and then turns to Discord. You open one eye to watch her as she sets down a boquet of roses from her own garden on Discord's table, and then walks over to him. She looks at his face deeply, whispers something, and then gives him a soft kiss. You loose your breath for a moment as she does this. She thinks he's asleep. She desn't know that he is only pretending. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! After finishing her kiss, Fluttershy walks out of the door and closes it behind her. You and Discord sit straight up, both of you shocked. As you turn to Discord, you see how hard he's trying to hide his blush.

"I...I never thought she had an interest in me," he says, still looking at the door where she left.

"Neither did I. I mean, Rainbow Dash was teasing her about it, but I though she was just messing around. It looks like I was very wrong."

"You think?" Discord says, trying to replace his embarrassment and shock with sarcasm. "A-and I don't want you telling anypony else about this, got it, [Y/N]?"

You pretend to zip your lips, lock them, and throw away the key. "Not a word will escape my mouth." You pause. "Hey Discord...what is it that she whispered to you?"

He raises his eyebrows. "You mean you didn't hear that?" You shake your head no. "Well, you know...she said..." He mumbles.

"Didn't quite catch that," you say, raising an eyebrow at him. Suddenly, your jaw falls open. "Did she say what I think she said?"

"Maybe...but it could've just been friendly, like a get well 'I love you.'" He plays with his lion paw and eagle claw.

"I don't think so, Dicord."

"Well, what do you want me to do? I'm in a hospital bed! Anyways, it doesn't matter. What I want to know is why the ceiling crumbled on top of me and broke my leg!" He looks at you, obviously desperate to change the subject. Sighing, you explain everything to him, everything about Reptantis and her threat. "Wait...Reptantis? That is a ridiculous name! She calls herself evil? At least when I was evil, I had the most amazing name of all...Discord! Just hearing it is scary! Reptantis...she sounds like a lizard!" The draconequus bursts out laughing at this and you roll your eyes.

"If you had seen her, you would've understood. The freakiest part was her horn...it was broken in half. How can she perform magic if her horn is broken?" Discord looks down almost guiltily and your suspicion suddenly rises. "Discord...what aren't you telling me?"

"Well, [Y/N], you see...when we were young, Celestia, Luna, and I knew Reptantis. Of course, back then, she just called herself Repta and her horn was unbroken. Well, as we got to be teens, we stopped seeing her, but we heard stories...stories that she cut off half of her horn so that the magic inside would have no boundaries, so that nothing could stop her from taking over the city of Hollow Shades. Celestia stopped her eventaully, but I don't know why she had her sights set on Hollow Shades. But yes...we knew each other once."

"Huh," you say. "The world really does work in funny ways sometimes. Now we're being threatened by your childhood friend."

"Not only was she my childhood friend." Discord pauses, then continues hesitantly. "She was my childhood...love."



"Hello, hello!" A pink head peeks through the door. "Is anypony awake in there?"

You and Discord sit up in your beds. "Come on in, girls, we're up." Six pastel ponies walk in with big smiles on their faces and make their way to your beds.

"Discord, [Y/N], how are you two feeling?" Twilight asks.

"Oh, Twilight, I'm not so great," Discord moans. "I don't know if I'm going to make it."

"Oh, is that so?" Fluttershy smirks. "I guess that means you don't want this cupcake from Pinkie Pie..."

"On second thought, I'm feeling much better now." He grabs the cupcake out of the pegasus' hoof and devours it in one gulp.

"How about you, [Y/N]?" Twilight looks at you.

"I'm alright," you answer. "I was just a little oxygen-deprived when I came out from under the rubble. Discord is the one with an actual injury."

"That's why we're getting you out of the hospital today," Rainbow Dash says.

"Really?" You ask excitedly.

"Of course we are, darling," Rarity assures you. "You have a clean bill of health!"

"So you're all leaving me at the mercy of these surgeons with sharp knives and pointy objects?!" Discord objects.

"It's all right, Discord, I'll come and visit you every day," Fluttershy says, putting her hoof on the draconequus' lion paw, causing him to blush profoundly.

"After that, we must travel to Canterlot and warn the princesses of our new threat," Twilight says.

"Oh, and sugarcube...what did that mare say her name was?" Applejack asks you.

You pause and then answer, "Reptantis. Her name is Reptantis. And Discord already knows her."



All right, so remember how I said that I wouldn't have any Fluttercord romance in this fanfic? Well, the story decided otherwise, although their romance will not be the story's main focus. But please, no shipping wars. If you don't like the shipping, keep it to yourself. Besides that, I've now introduced an OC of mine who will be this story's villain. By the way, Reptantis means reptile in Latin, in case you were wondering. Well, on to chapter four! This is Bronygirl6729 signing off for a while.