• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 3,046 Views, 167 Comments

Guardian of the Pure Elements of Harmony. - Aura Zero



A story about a pegasus with a huge secret and how his life changes in a familiar place. Also of a certain dragon, where everything changed after meeting a new friend. Third person fic.

  • ...
18
 167
 3,046

Sapphire's Secret

The group quickly heads toward the open field nearby the Canterlot train station. They overheard the pegasi above warning them that they are invading from that direction. Before they get far, a cyan pegasus flies toward them.

"Guys!" She says before she lands in front of them.

Twilight turns to see her. "Rainbow Dash! Did you hear what is happening?"

"Yeah I was looking for you guys!" She says as she starts to look at them all. "Where have...you...."

She turns silent when she sees a not so small dragon. "Spike? Is that you?"

Spike smiles proudly. "It sure is! How do I look?"

She dashes over to the dragon and examines him. "Whoa! You look completely different than when I saw you earlier! And you have wings! AWESOME! What happened?"

Twilight walks over to Dash. "We don't have time for that! We will tell you later. Have you seen the other girls?"

Dash nods at Twilight. "Yeah, they are already up there confronting them things. They kinda look like changelings but more vicious."

"Wait, so they aren't changelings?" Twilight asks in worry.

Rainbow shrugs. "I don't think so...anyway let's hurry and head over there. I'll fly ahead! Spike, you should come too! Tell me how you changed while we head there."

Spike slowly spreads his wings and gives them a test flap, trying to feel them. It's weird to him, like he just grew two limbs, however somehow he feels like he's always had them and could use them. He looks at Dash and smiles. "Okay, let's go!" They both take to the skies, Spike a little shakily, and fly off towards the others.

"Uh... I don't think she noticed that any of us were here too." Sweetie Belle points out. Sapphire chuckles, agreeing to that statement.

"Ah agree." Apple Bloom says. "But Ah guess we should keep movin'."

"You're right; Let's keep moving." Twilight says as they head out.


"These creatures are annoyin'!" Applejack says before ramming her rear hooves into the face of a creature, sending it far into a large horde of dark changeling-like monsters that were rushing them. She notices another one running towards her and tries to tackle her, But she swiftly dodges and smashes one of her hooves into its chest, knocking it backwards. Both of the injured creatures disappear into smoke after sustaining damage.

"I agree completely! These beasts need to leave. I'm glad I learned some offensive magic from Twilight." Rarity adds while firing a magical bolt at a creature, hitting it in the arm and removing it. Soon after the creature disappears as well.

"Hi-yah! I don't know about you two but I'm having fun!" Pinkie says while doing weird moves on a creature she calls Mare-Fu. She is standing on her hindhooves and has her forehooves in a peculiar position similar to a stance. A creature rushes her and tries to attack her, but she merely sways to the side.

"Hi-ya!" She exclaims before doing a chopping motion on the neck of the creature, knocking its head clean off and making it dissipate.

"Well we can't keep this up forever and they keep comin'." Applejack says while bucking another creature in it's face making it disappear.

Rarity fires another beam at a creature that tried to scratch at her neck. "I don't have as much magic as Twilight. I do hope that help is arriving soon!"

Right as she finishes that sentence, more creatures start to rush her. However before they can get close, someone speaks up.

"I'm here for you Rarity!"

A green fireball passes her and burns the three creatures at once, incinerating them. She turns to see where it came from and seed Rainbow Dash with a rather large purple and green dragon that looks quite familiar.

"S-Spike? Is that you?" Rarity stutters in shock.

The other two mares turn and look. Their eyes grow wide and are in awe as well.

"Oh my Celestia! Spike! You're so big! And you have wings! When I saw you earlier today, you were small, but now you are big!" Pinkie says hopping around the dragon.

"Yea it's a long story..." Spike starts.

"Well let's save that there story fer later. We got some critters we need to take care of." Applejack says while readying to fight again.

"I'll provide aerial support with my fireballs." Spike says while taking flight.

"But won't you burn everything else?" Rainbow points out.

"Don't worry. I can control what I burn with my fire. Only these creatures will be burned." He says smugly before flying above the creatures.

He then starts launching fire ball after fire ball into the swarm burning multiple at once. Spike is quickly making work of the creatures swarming in, however something starts happen where some of the creatures start morphing. Some grow wings and take to the air, some of which also ends up passing the others and heading off towards town. There are also others that grow horns and start shooting projectile blasts towards the group.

"Whoa!" Dash evades one of the creatures in the sky and then proceeds to kick it in the back making it disappear. "Looks like they are getting serious! Might as well start to myself!" She says before dashing towards another creature and ramming a hoof into its chest.

"Some of them passed us and are headed for town! Should we chase them?" Rarity asks.

"Don't worry about them! Twilight and Sapphire can take care of them." Spike replies before shooting another fireball into a creature.

"Are you sure? I know Twilight can handle herself but how do you know that Sapphire can fight?" Rarity asks while dodging another attack from a magical creature.

Spike thinks of what he has learned from his new friend and smiles. "Trust me, he can. Let's just try to keep as many as we can from the town."

"Easier said than done." Dash says noticing more heading towards town.

"Ah guess we all got our work cut out fer us. Let's show em what we can do!" Applejack says before charging them with the others close behind.


The others are halfway to the battlefield and notice the streets are in a panic. Ponies are moving fast to retreat to their homes, some falling in the process as well as damaging flowers and strands in their way to safety. After making sure no one is hurt, which takes over ten minutes, they finally reach the other side of town and can see the others still a distance away fighting off the creatures...but some are still heading their way.

"There must be too many for them to handle! We have to go help them!" Twilight says on edge.

"But what about the ones that are coming into town?" Sweetie Belle asks pointing at the ones that are nearing them.

"You guys think you can watch over the town while I go over to help them?" Twilight asks.

"Of course we can! We will annihilate any that come over here!" Scootaloo boasts proudly.

"We can take em but how are ya gonna get past them to get there?" Apple Bloom asks.

Twilight ponders for a moment. "Hmm well I can try teleporting there but I don't know for sure if I can teleport that far..."

"Well, how about we both go and if you don't get close enough, I'll watch your back until we get there." Sapphire offers.

Twilight nods at that. "Sounds like a good idea. Fluttershy, you think you can stay here with them and make sure everyone else is at home safe?"

Fluttershy perks up at this offer and nods quickly. "Of course! But...what if one tries to attack me? I'm no good at fighting..."

"Don't worry, Ah'll come with ya to make sure ya safe." Apple Bloom offers.

Fluttershy smiles at her. "Oh, thank you Apple Bloom."

Twilight nods as she turns back toward their destination. "Great. Now that we have a plan, let's get going Sapphire."

Sapphire merely nods and places a hoof on her back. They both soon disappear with a blinding light. Luckily everyone turns away so to not be blinded by it. They turn and stare down the creatures closing in.

"Alright bring it on! I'm ready for some action!" Scootaloo says before taking flight, excited to be able to use her training with Rainbow Dash to help the town.

In the meantime, Fluttershy and Apple Bloom both head off to ensure everypony is safe in their homes.

"I'll use my magic to shoot them out of the sky." Sweetie Belle says as she focuses her magic.

"You can use offensive magic?" Scootaloo asks surprised.

"Yeah. I learned from Twilight." Sweetie Belle says proudly.

Scootaloo hit her hooves together. "Cool. I think we can both handle this fine!"

"I'll help you guys out too!"

Both mares turn to the location of a familiar voice. They see Derpy flying over and land next to Sweetie Belle with a determined look on her face.

"Derpy? Are you sure? Do you know how to fight?" Scootaloo asks.

Derpy frowns. "Hey! I can so fight! I learned Mare-fu from Pinkie!"

Both of the mares look at each other, then back at Derpy.

"Alright then, let's see what ya can do! Here they come!" Scootaloo exclaims turning to the creatures that are rushing them.


The battle drags on. The mares and the dragon are starting to get tired and any injuries they received while fighting the creatures are starting to burn. Rarity is the one that seems to be in the worst shape. A powerful blast hit her in her right hind leg drawing blood and she can't move it without feeling a lot of pain. She is slowly trying to heal herself with a magic spell that Twilight taught her, while Pinkie and Applejack cover her.

Spike almost exhausts his Spellbreathing by shooting so many fireballs. Since he still isn't completely used to it yet, he exhausts his Spellbreathing a lot faster and decides to fight with his claws, cutting the creatures to pieces. Rainbow Dash isn't faring too well either. She is the most agile of the group but as time went on she drags a bit, making her an easier target for multiple at once. However, the creatures didn't seem to tire out and they keep pushing them back, closer to town.

"They just keep coming! I don't know how long we can hold out like this!" Dash says while avoiding two of them at once.

"Well we gotta keep fightin'! They will let up eventually! And it seems there are less around now." Applejack says while kicking another away that was trying to attack Rarity.

Suddenly something happens behind the horde. A large void appears out of nowhere and two large creatures thrice the size of the others comes right out of it. They have wings and a horn.

"Whoa, those might be a problem." Applejack says staring at the larger creatures. One takes flight and darts over the others straight to town. Before Applejack can react, she notices the other start to rush in the direction where her and Rarity are. Rarity notices this as well and, since she healed herself enough to move, speaks up.

"Applejack I'm fine now! You don't have to protect me!"

Upon hearing this, Applejack goes on the offensive and rushes the large creature. When it gets close enough, it swings one if it's claws toward her and she evades it, moving to its side. She then tries to buck the large creature, but it jumps and avoids her kick before swinging its spear-like tail toward Applejack, hitting her hard and sending her back a few feet before sliding on the ground.

"Applejack!" Rarity cries running toward her. While she is running over, she doesn't notice a magic projectile flying straight towards her. By the time she does notice it, it's too late and it hits her in the side sending her into a nearby tree, the blow knocking her unconscious.

"Rarity!!" Applejack yells. Pinkie turns and sees Rarity unconscious. She tries to rush towards them to help but before she can, three small creatures jump her. She knocks one away but the other two get to her and claw her, drawing blood before kicking her in the barrel, knocking the wind out ofHerr before she hits the ground.

Applejack gets to her hooves and turns to the creature again. It attempts to impale Applejack but she sees it coming and evades it in time. She then takes this opportunity to slam her hindhooves into its face, making the creature recoil. "That's fer hurtin' mah friends!"

At that moment she doesn't realize the tail once again coming straight at her and hitting her hard in the face. She is sent flying to the side and slides a few yards in front of Rarity. She tries to get up but collapses. She is in too much pain from that hit, compiled with all the injuries, to get up. She then notices the large creature rushing towards her. But before it gets too close, Spike comes at it like a bull, ramming the large creature in the side and knocking it into a tree. Also by Pinkie, Dash speeds over and smashes a hoof into both creatures faces at the same time, knocking them away from her. Both disappear after the impact.

"Pinkie? Are you okay?" Dash asks is worry.

She doesn't answer. She is unconscious as well.

Dash groans. "Dang! We are getting our flanks handed to us! We really need some help here!"

Spike then turns to Applejack. "Applejack are you okay?"

Applejack tries to move again, but is only greeted by pain and collapses again. "Ah'm afraid not partner. I can't really move. And Rarity isn't holdin' up that well either. She's actually unconscious."

Spike feels a bit of rage at what they did to his friends, but keeps calm. "Dang. This is getting annoying. I can't really use my Spellbreathing either. We are really in trouble. I'm going to put you and Rarity on my back." He then turns and looks towards Dash and sees Pinkie unconscious. "Dash! I need you to get Pinkie. We have to fall back and come up with a plan!”

"Roger!" Dash says before placing Pinkie on her back. She quickly heads away from the creatures towards Spike who had already lifted Applejack and is heading to Rarity. But then she notices the large creature running straight to Spike.

"Spike! Look out!" Dash yells.

Spike turns around to see the creature rushing towards him. He can't fight it because he is holding Applejack but can’t avoid it either because then it could get to Rarity. He doesn't get a chance to make a choice before something else happens.

A black pegasus smashes down hard on top of the creature with a hoof, digging it into the ground. There is a loud snap and a yelp from the creature. Spike, Dash, and Applejack all stare in surprise at what happens right in front of them. Spike even notices a faint glow on his hoof as he hit him.

"Don't you dare hurt my friends!" Sapphire yells before the creature disappears.

They merely stand in surprise before hearing another voice. "Guys!"

Spike and Dash turn to see Twilight running up.

"Thank Celestia you both got here in time! Any longer and it might be worse." Dash says while catching her breath.

Twilight notices they are all in pretty bad shape. Rarity and Pinkie are unconscious, Applejack is in Spike's claws shaking slightly and can't move, and Dash and Spike both look close to collapsing themselves.

"We have to go back to town and prepare a strategy. We can't win like this!" Spike proposes.

Twilight sees the creatures closing in on them. "That's a good idea. While we are there I can heal you guys too. Sapphire can you pick up Rarity?"

"Yeah of course." He says and begins to pick Rarity up.

"Ok! Now Everyone hold on!"

Spike, Sapphire and Dash place a hoof (claw for Spike) on her and they teleport away before the creatures reach them.


"Take this!" Sweetie Belle shouts as she fires a beam of magic at a creature. The beam hits the enemy dead in the forehead and goes right through it, making it disappear. She then turns and fires two more beams at two rushing creatures, getting them both in the head as well before they disappear. She smiles at her precision on those creatures but suddenly gets hit in the side by a rather strong magic shot, knocking her down. She however, gets up angrily and stares down the creature responsible before charging a large beam and firing straight at it, the beam completely erasing it's head from the body before it disappears.

“Dumb monster.” She says as she rubs the area she was hit by the beam.

Meanwhile Scootaloo dodges two creatures in the sky that tries to come at her from both sides, making them run into each other.

“Hah! What a couple of knuckleheads!” Scootaloo jokes and takes this opportunity to smash her hoof into one of the creature's faces and kicking the other in the gut hard, making both disappear.

Derpy is also having a stare down with the last creature with her good eye. Suddenly it rushes her fast and makes a quick jab, hitting her but she comes back quickly with an uppercut to his chin with one of her hooves, knocking it high in the air. She takes flight and gets above the creature and before it can recover, she slams both forehooves into its face and sends it straight to the ground hard, making it disappear.

Once she lands, she wipes her head, even though she isn't sweating. “Phew.”

All the creatures that had tried to attack the town are finally beaten by the three mares. They have a few scratches and are a bit tired, but are all fine.

"Well, that's all the creatures here. That was easy!" Scootaloo says smugly.

"There weren't that many that came though." Derpy points out.

"Uh girls? That one might be a problem though." Sweetie Belle points her hoof to one creature three times the size of the others heading their way and fast.

"Great! A challenge! Bring it on!" Scootaloo says charging the creature by herself.

"No Scootaloo! Don't rush it alone!" Sweetie Belle yells.

She doesn't listen and instead keeps charging towards the creature. When she gets close she quickly swings one of her hooves straight at its face, however the creature seemingly easily dodges the attack and swings a claw of its own towards the mare. She dodges it as well. However, she doesn't notice its tail coming right after, getting a clean hit in her side, knocking her into the ground hard.

"Ugh, this one is way faster and stronger than the others..." Scootaloo says while trying to get up.

The creature tries to dive towards the mare but is cut off by a magic laser projectile cutting into its side. It turns to the unicorn responsible and rushes towards her instead. Sweetie Belle keeps firing shot after shot at the creature, which in turn evades them all still heading towards her. She panics and turns and tries to run but ends up tripping over herself and falling. She looks towards the creature in terror as it rushes straight towards her with its horn pointing at her like a lance. Just as she thought she was going to be impaled, she feels herself get pushed out the way and instead of her getting impaled, somepony else takes her place.

"Derpy!" Sweetie Belle yells.

The creature missed it's intended target, but it still hits Derpy. It's horn pierces through Derpy's right wing and pins her to a tree. The pegasus yells in pain from it and tries punching the creature in its face to make it let go. However, the creature merely pulls its horn from the mare, and before she can hit the floor, it swings its tail at the mare hitting her right in the barrel, knocking her several yards away. The blow, along with the fact that she hit the ground so hard makes her cough out blood. She can't move because of the pain either. The creature is heading towards Derpy, intending to finish the job when a familiar laser shot hits it in the side. It turns to see the unicorn nearby the other pegasus that is still struggling to get up. It then starts to proceed towards the two.


Twilight, Sapphire, Spike and Dash are quickly heading to the town. The teleportation got them pretty close. They are nearly there when they heard a loud yelp like somepony was in pain.

“Derpy?” Sapphire says in surprise.

"It sounded like it came from over there!" Twilight says and points in the direction the yell came from. They hurry past the few buildings and once they get to the clearing, they see something that horrifies them.

"DERPY!" Sapphire yells and makes a beeline towards her, the others close behind. When they get closer Sapphire places Rarity down and they take in her condition. She has scratches all over but one specific injury stands out. In her right wing, there is a hole like something pierced right through it, blood coming from the large gap.

“No…” Seeing his first new friend laying there coughing blood, Sapphire stares at her, the horrible scene reminding him of a specific day:

Don't worry, I'll protect you this time.

Sapphire mentally snaps.

"She is badly injured. I'll try to maintain her wounds so she doesn't bleed out." Twilight says before using her magic to do just that.

They then hear another yell and they turn to see what is happening. Quite a ways away is another large creature scratching at a barrier that Sweetie Belle made. The barrier seems to be getting weaker by each hit.

"Oh no! They need help!" Spike says. But before they can run over, the creature stops attacking them. It turns to the right looking at something. Everyone looks in the same direction and sees Apple Bloom in front of Fluttershy yelling something but they can't make out what she is saying because she is too far. The creature then spreads its wings and dashes toward the two with its horn out like a lance.

"Oh no! Apple Bloom can't take that thing on! It will rip her to shreds! We gotta help her!" Applejack panics.

"I'm going to kill it."

Everyone pauses before turning to the pony that said those words. It's Sapphire. He is standing there, shaking, however, his eyes surprise them all.

They are glowing.

"Sapphire? Are-" Twilight starts but doesn't get to finish.

Sapphire suddenly spreads his wings and bolts towards Apple Bloom and Fluttershy with astounding speed. The force and wind ends up pushing them back slightly, surprising them all. Even Dash is awestruck.

The two are about a hoofball field length away but he manages to get over there in less than a couple seconds, hovering in front of Apple Bloom and Fluttershy. Both mares are surprised; it seems like he came out of nowhere.

"Sapphire?" Apple Bloom says in surprise.

Sapphire says nothing. The creature is still rushing but picks up speed while coming straight towards them.

"Sapphire look out! It's coming!" Apple Bloom manages to say but the creature is too close. They all watch in horror, thinking that Sapphire is going to be impaled.

However, that wasn't the case. The creature that is rushing at high speeds is immediately halted. Sapphire has one hoof extended towards the creature's horn and stops it in its tracks, a blue glow surrounding both his hoof and the creature's horn. Everyone watching is in awe.

"I'm going to kill you for what you did to Derpy!" Sapphire yells in pure anger, eyes glowing more intensely.

What happens next makes all their eyes wide and their jaws drop. Sapphire grabs the creature by the horn and lifts it off the ground like it's nothing. Once it's high enough, he slams the creature down so hard that it makes a small crater in the ground, the impact also snapping its horn off. The creature makes a loud yelp in extreme pain before it disappears.

Everyone is speechless. They couldn't believe what they just saw, especially the ones that actually fought the creature. Before anyone can say anything, Sapphire turns to the two mares behind him.

"Are you two okay?" He asks in slight worry.

"Y-yeah thanks." Apple Bloom manages to get out, still in shock.

"I'm fine. Thank you Sapphire." Fluttershy says in relief with a warm smile.

Sapphire smiles back before heading towards Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, checking to see if they are okay as well.

"Are you two okay?" He asks as he makes it to them.

"Yeah. Thanks! And nice slam!" Scootaloo replies while smiling.

Sapphire returns it with a slightly embarrassed look before looking at Sweetie Belle, who is already looking at him in a small daze. "Sweetie Belle?"

She quickly snaps out of her daze upon hearing her name and smiles warmly at him. "Thank you Saph. You saved me. I thought I was a goner."

Sapphire smiles. "I would never let anything happen to you. You guys are my friends after all." He then takes flight and bolts back to Twilight and the others, not noticing the large blush that appears on Sweetie Belle's face. He makes it back just as fast as he left. The other four decide to head over there as well.

Once he gets there, he slows to a stop right in front of Twilight and Derpy.

"How is she?" Sapphire asks with worry.

Twilight snaps out of her stupor and frowns. "She is in pretty bad shape. I can sustain her but she really needs medical attention. I can't do much here but we don't have enough time to take her to the hospital, with the creatures closing in."

Sapphire hesitates for a moment as he takes in what she just said. He knows that she is in bad shape and that the creatures needed to be taken care of before anything can be done to help her.

I have to save her! She's my friend! I have to use it...what happens after I'll deal with later. Regardless of what they think of me afterwards I don't care. I will save her! He frowns and takes a deep breath. He closes his eyes before speaking up.

"Twilight, can I ask you a question?" He asks calmly.

Twilight is surprised by his change of attitude. "Sure. What's on your mind?"

"If you were to see something that defied all logic happen right in front of you, would you shun it?"

Twilight is even more surprised than before but replies nonetheless. "No. I'd admit I'd be surprised and wonder how it was possible, but I wouldn't shun it. Besides, I've already met a pony that defies logic and she is one of my best friends; Pinkie Pie."

Sapphire smiles slightly. "Thanks. I hope everyone here has that same attitude."

Twilight returns it. "Trust me when I say that they do. Why do you ask?"

Sapphire stares angrily at the oncoming horde of creatures. "I'll take care of these creatures. I want you all to just stay here."

Everyone's eyes grow wide and they stare at him incredulously. "What? You can't take all of them alone! That's suicide!" Dash exclaims.

Sapphire continues to glare at the creatures angrily. "Don't worry, they won't reach this town. I can promise you that."

"How are ya gonna stop them all? There are just two many!" Applejack protests.

Sapphire ignores her and starts to walk towards the swarm of creatures that are rapidly approaching. Twilight rushes in front of him and stops him.

"Sapphire don't! You can't handle all those things alone. There are way too many!"

Sapphire pauses before he slowly turns to the group. By then, the other four had caught up to them.

"Listen, I haven't been completely honest with you all...and I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Sweetie Belle asks curiously.

Sapphire sighs. "I have a secret; A big secret."

"What kind of secret Saph?" Apple Bloom pries.

Sapphire turns back around, facing the creatures. They are less than half a mile away and gaining.

"I think it's best if I show you..."

Before anyone can respond, he rushes ahead. He gets 50 feet in front of everyone and stops.

"I hope things turn out better this time.." Sapphire hopes while closing his eyes.

Everyone watches the pegasus intently, concern and worry etched in their faces. They know he is strong; He just proved it in their faces. But there are way too many of them for him to take alone.

However, something happens that no one has ever seen a pegasus be able to do.

Covering Sapphire's whole body is a blue aura. Everyone knows instantly what that means.

He can use magic.

The creatures start getting dangerously close to them. All of the creatures decide to head to Sapphire since he is the closest to get rid of him first.

"I won't let you bastards get past me!" Sapphire shouts angrily.

He then turns his back towards the creatures. He lifts his front hooves up before slamming them into the ground, digging them a few inches into the ground. Then he proceeds to get in a position similar to getting ready to buck a tree. While in that position, his hind hooves start glowing white. Everyone is watching him trying to figure out what he is doing.

When the creatures get less than fifty feet from him he speaks.

"Let's see how you bastards like this! Forbidden spell 13, Shockwave!"

Sapphire then proceeds to kick his legs back, his hind hooves seeming to hit a white spark before sending a large shockwave towards the creatures, the force crushing the ones in front to smoke and blowing the ones in back farther away. Everyone’s jaw drops at the scene in front of them in awe.

He then turns to face the creatures and spreads his wings. They start to glow white similar to when his feet did.

"I'm not done with you! Forbidden spell 11, Tornado!"

Sapphire flaps his wings once hard and produces a mini tornado which increases in size every second. Soon enough the tornado is easily over a hundred feet tall and engulfs every single one of the creatures into it while it keeps expanding. Some of the creatures collide with each other in the tornado and disappear.

While the tornado is still tossing the remainder of the creatures, Sapphire speaks up while still facing the tornado and focusing.

"Spike! You think you can shoot one more fireball?" Sapphire shouts out to him.

Spike snaps out of it and replies. "Uh, yeah. I think I can."

"Okay then make one and throw it towards me!" He says quickly.

Spike does as he is asked and makes a fireball. It isn't as big as the others he used before but it is one nonetheless. He then throws it straight at Sapphire.

Sapphire quickly turns around and catches the fireball between his forehooves. It merely seems to float there. Also, the tornado dissipates after he turns which leaves all the leftover creatures in the air. He bolts straight towards the swarm high in the air, and positions himself directly in the center of the swarm.

"This is the end! Forbidden spell 10, Phoenix inferno!"

The fire in between Sapphire's hooves expands immensely, engulfing him and every single creature in flame. From where the group is it looks like a giant green Phoenix. They also start to panic slightly because Sapphire is the epicenter so he could be getting burned as well.

After a few seconds, the flame condenses and all the creatures are gone in a large black smoke. All that is left is Sapphire as he suddenly starts to fall. It looks like he suffered some damage as well but they don't see any burn marks.

While he is falling, a magic circle suddenly appears next to him and he hops off of it, angling his fall but it doesn't slow him down much. He ends up landing on his back and flipping onto his hooves before sliding to a stop. After he catches his breath, he slowly proceeds towards the group. When he gets close, he notices them all just staring at him.

"Whoa!" Scootaloo exclaims, still quite surprised at what she saw.

"That...was...awesome!" Dash cheers excitedly.

Sapphire sports a small smile but it quickly turns into a frown as he heads towards Derpy.

"How is she? We can get her to the hospital now right?" He asks.

Twilight looks at him sadly. "I've done all I can...but I found out she also has internal bleeding. Some of her ribs are shattered and it punctured vital organs.. I don't think we can get her to the hospital in time...I-I'm sorry."

Sapphire's eyes grow wide at that information. He can't believe his first friend here is about to die.. He knows for a fact he isn't going to sit by and let this happen. As he rushes through his mind on what to do, he remembers something.

Are you willing to give your own life to save others young colt?

"Yes, I am!" He shouts, surprising the others. He suddenly begins to glow with his blue aura and the others look at him in curiosity. Suddenly, out of nowhere a blue void appears next to him. The group hesitates, thinking more creatures might come out of it, but instead a cloth comes out covered in a similar blue aura and starts to wrap itself around Sapphire's right wing.

"Saph? What are you about to do?" Spike asks in confusion.

"I'm about to save her." He says adamantly before closing his eyes.

All of a sudden the whole group except for Twilight, Apple Bloom, and Fluttershy become engulfed in a blue aura.

"Hey, what's going on?" Applejack asks but after a moment, quickly realizes what is actually happening.

Her, along with everyone else's injuries soon start to fade away. In just a few seconds, all of them feel good as new.

"Wow! I feel great!" Spike says examining his body.

Applejack hops off of Spike's back and stretches. "Yeah, me too. It's like ah didn't even fight."

"Ugh my head hurts. I want something sweet!"

Everyone turns and sees Pinkie hop up, along with Rarity awakening.

"What's going on? Last thing I remember is being shot by one of those atrocities and feeling quite a bit of pain. Though the pain is completely gone now."

Twilight smiles and looks at Derpy. All of her injuries are gone as well. She opens her eyes and hops up. She looks at herself in surprise.

"The pain is gone! I’m okay!" Derpy says happily.

But before they can celebrate their great fortune, they hear a thud, like someone hitting the ground. They turn in the direction of where they heard it and see Sapphire collapsed on the ground.

"Sapphire! Are you alright?" Twilight asks while rushing toward him. The others rush to him as well. When she gets close enough, she is shocked. He has scars and scratches all over his body that she didn't see earlier. However, one thing stands out. On his right wing, where he wrapped the cloth, is blood. After she sees that, she knows what happened.

"What's going on? He didn't have all these injuries a second ago. Where did they come from?" Spike says in worry.

"That's because they are everyone else's injuries! He took all of your pain and injuries and transferred it to himself." Twilight replies in shock, shaking at the absurdity of the action.

Everyone gasps. "What? How can he do that? How is that even possible?" Dash wonders in shock.

"It's a spell called Health Swap. It's a spell that transfers all the pain and injuries from a subject to the caster. It's actually banned because of how dangerous it was for the caster." Twilight explains.

"So he has Derpy's...oh no!" Spike panics. "This is bad! Not only does he have Derpy's critical injuries, he also has all of ours! He needs to go to the hospital now!"

"T-Twilight?"

Everyone turns to the voice. To everyone’s surprise Sapphire is awake, and is getting up barely. They can't believe he is even able to move let alone stand knowing he has all their pain combined. As he is getting up, he almost collapses but Twilight rushes over and catches him.

"You shouldn't be moving around Sapphire." Twilight scolds.

He shakes his head slightly. "It doesn't matter. Is everyone okay?" He asks.

Twilight nods with a smile. "Yes. Thanks to you." She then frowns at him. "But why would you do something like that? What if you couldn't handle it and died?"

He smiles weakly. "That's what friends do...right?" After he finishes that sentence, he closes his eyes and Twilight feels his body go limp.

"Sapphire? Oh no! Sapphire!" Twilight yells.

That is the last thing he hears before he loses consciousness.

Author's Note:

Well surprise! I've tried something I've never seen anyone else do before. A Pegasus that can use magic? What the? That makes no sense! Oh well I think it creates something new and interesting. Next chapter will describe a little more in detail about him so look forward to it.