• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 6,019 Views, 62 Comments

The Rainbow At The End Of The Storm - Bakmah Genesis



One particular stormy night, Rainbow Dash gets a visitors knocking at her door. Or through it, rather.

  • ...
12
 62
 6,019

A change in command

"Do you have to leave?" Asked Scootaloo, pouting. Spitfire laughed and tousled the filly's mane.

"I do, sadly. I need to get ready for the show in a few days," said Spitfire. The assault of the small filly's pout did not subside however. Spitfire grinned and leaned forward so she was face to face with the filly.

"If you put away that militarized weapon of a pout I will send to tickets to the show tomorrow." Scootaloo beamed and started bouncing.

"Deal!" Shouted the filly. Rainbow Dash and Spitfire started laughing. This lasted for a few minutes before Spitfire decided it was nearly time to depart.

"Well, time to deal with this." she said, pecking Rainbow on the lips. "You better be at the show, missy." Rainbow waved a hoof dismissively.

"Babe, you are talking to the Rainbow Dash. I'm not late for any Wonderbolt shows." said the cyan Pegasus with a grin. Spitfire giggled and kissed the mare on the forehead,

"Alright. I will see you two later. Bye!" With that, the formly injured Pegasus took to the sky, guiding herself in the direction of Cloudsdale. As she flew, she thought of all the possible ways to broach this subject with the team and the manager. The team itself will be more accepting. The manager, however, will not take kind to his most talented flier taking a staff job or just dropping out completely.

After a few minutes of flight, the great sky city of Cloudsdale came into view. She smiled slightly at the city she has called home for her entire life. It was only for a few more days she gets to call it that before Ponyville takes its title of the Wonderbolts home. Ex-Wonderbolt, rather. It was a huge change. But for Rainbow, it was worth it. As long as she got to wake up in the arms of the cyan Pegasus, it was all good.

Spitfire whipped through the skies above the city, curving around the larger buildings and factories. Her target was the arena in the very center of the city. Right next to it, the HQ of the Wonderbolts. A large building that handled all of the meetings, scheduling, and at times, housed the Wonderbolts themselves. Spitfire herself hated sleeping in the building opposed to her normal housing.

From her position a good fifty feet above the arena, she could see the figures of the rest of the team whipping around the stadium as they practiced for the final show of the season in a few days. She smirked before angling herself to aim for the center of the stadium. She took a deep breath and barreled downwards, her fiery contrail trailing behind her as she descended rapidly.

Just as she was approaching the cloud floor, she pulled up and arched in the air before back pedaling, slowing her ascent. She hovered there with a smirk, watching as the other Wonderbolts recovered from the suprise dive.

"You should see your faces." said the orange mare, laughing. Sorain was the first to reach her.

"Damnit, Spitfire, you gave us all an heart attack!" Said the white stallion. Spitfire rolled her eyes.

"Go whine to your apple farmer marefriend, Mallow." replied Spitfire. Sorain blushed.

"A-Applejack is not my m-marefriend." stammered the stallion. Spitfire raised an eyebrow.

"You sure? That blush and the constant trips to Ponyville tell me differently." said the captain with a smirk. Sorain looked away and mumbled.

"Well, I don't see you with a coltfriend, Spit." said Sorain as he got his blush under control. Spitfire rolled her eyes again.

"I'm gay, Mallow. The whole team knows that."

"Fine. Marefriend then. I don't see you with one." Spitfire looked away with a blush. Sorain grinned in victory.

"So you do have one." said the stallion. Spitfire huffed.

"So? That only means I'm throwing my work onto you now." said Spitfire. Now was the time she had to say it. The entire team was here, the manager just having flown towards the group after seeing her drop from the sky from in the stands.

"So, I may have fallen for Rainbow Dash and we may be dating but..." She but her lip. "I'm going to have to resign from the Wonderbolts."

"What?!" Spitfire winced. She knew this was going to happen but that didn't change the fact it hurt. Let alone loud as fuck since they were right in front of her.

"My Wonderbolt schedule would be too much for us. You know how our tours are. I'm suprised Soarin hasn't dropped out for AJ." said Spitfire.

"But couldn't she just come with us on tours?" Asked Fleetfoot. Spitfire shook her head.

"Nope. She is the element of loyalty, meaning she has to be prepared to leave at a moments notice for some national disaster waiting to destroy Equestria. That and she has a filly."

"A filly? When the buck did she get a filly?" Asked Soarin.

"She had her when she was a senior in high school. She just got reunited with her daughter a few years ago. From what I can tell, they get along perfectly but the fact that she abandoned her daughter still haunts her." said Spitfire.

"So, to stay with your marefriend and make sure your marefriend wont have to part from her daughter, you are going to quit your dream job?" Asked Soarin. Spitfire nodded. Sunny Skies, the manager for the Womderbolts, had stayed quiet for the entire time, though still shocked that she was quitting.

"Spitfire, you know that I can't let you go with good mind just yet. It's the very end of the season and we hit publicity tours just shortly after this next show. You are our best flier." said the elder stallion. Spitfire sighed.

"Sorry, Sunny. You are going to have to find someone else. As soon as that show ends, I'm out. And I'll go home with my marefriend, listen to Scoots go on about how awesome the show was, and fall asleep in a pile with my new family. It's what I want and you have no right to keep it away from me." said Spitfire with a small smile. There was silence as Sunny Skies took all this in. He was going to have to deal with all of this, but for now...

"You will get your final paycheck after the show including your cut for the show." Spitfire nodded before taking back into her usual command as captain, taking her last few days as one. Meanwhile, Sunny Skies went over the situation. He could not let his best flier walk out on the account on just some mare. What was the point?

Ideas ran through his head before he remembered something Spitfire had said. She said Scoots, whoever that was, was going to be talking about how the show was. If he gauged correctly, this Sccots character was the foal of Rainbow Dash, the marefriend of Spitfire. If he could set something up, he could find a way to remove Rainbow Dash from the picture. He would ask her to break it off, and if that failed, he could always cut one or two strings, or a throat if he had to.

He hummed slightly as the thoughts came to his mind, he smiled slightly as he watched the oblivious orange Pegasus fly around in formations with the rest of the teams. All he needed to do was just ask a few favors, and he would have his prized flier back.

Author's Note:

Yes, November third is update like a mofo day. And now that's two chapters in two different stories that I mentioned the prospect of death. First the Cutie Mark Homicide Suspects and now the murderous Wonderbolts manager? It's not Halloween anymore but everypony is blood thirsty. I'm scared. Hold me, viewers.

*sits there in very intimate brohug with viewers*. *cough* yes, well, till next time! viewers.