• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 5,513 Views, 117 Comments

Revan's End - Geios



Using something he never though he would have to use, Revan transported himself...somewhere...

  • ...
4
 117
 5,513

Arrival

- Arrival -

The first thing that came to meet Revan's eyes after the initial flash was that of yet another equally bright, and equally as painful to look at so close. The brightness had left him blind to the fact that he was not on ground. No, in in fact he was about ten feet off of it and he soon realized this as he came to hit the ground with a thud.

Disoriented from such travel that he had never experienced before, he wasn't about to get up. That last fight took a lot out of him. Revan slowly lay down and relaxed, as much as he could through the pain. Not knowing where he was made him feel, well.. it didn't seem like much had mattered to him anymore. His plans ruined, and as far as he could see he was stranded on a rock with no form of communication or a way off the planet, at least that is what he assumed it was. Nothing else could hold such vegetation after all.

Seeing as though he was not going anywhere for awhile he just lay there, thinking and contemplating things of which had no significant value. Just the fact that he was still alive through all of this was good enough for him, he finally admitted.

"Ugh." he sighed. Sitting in an upright position, and facing forwards looking at nothing in particular.

Realizing that he was in an open field, left him with the feeling of being completely exposed. Anything could come at him from anywhere and he had no way of defending himself. "Mmmfh," He had said while standing up. "need to find shelter..."

Walking, well not walking more like limping, in the open field towards a forest, Revan had figured that it might contain items that he would need if he were to survive. Even though he realized the danger of going into a forest regardless of how alien the place around him seemed, he was still weak and injured and he took that into consideration. He activated his light saber and it glowed a dark purple.

Upon entering the forest there were many eyes watching him, curious perhaps. Revan limped along, paying head to those that watched him, wondering if they would strike at this easy prey.

Thankfully for him, they hadn't bothered with attacking and disappeared. He chuckled to himself, "Heh, am I really not worth anything to these creatures?..." The thought of him saying this bothered even himself, wondering as to why he would want such creatures to attack him. Did he want to die? He quickly dismissed the thought and carried on though the forest.

- - -

His travels had brought him to an opening on a side of the forest and something he had not expected to see, a small cottage on the outskirts of it. Revan had wondered that if there are people here, than that means there are spaceports even! Getting caught up in the possibility of rescue something came out of the cottage. It was small and... yellow... with pink hair? He had seen many a species in his day, but never did he ever see anything like the specimen before him now.

From its physical traits it did not seem like it was something that he would have to be cautious of, although size doesn't make the beast. For all he knew it was some killing machine, though that was highly improbable due to what he noticed next, it is a wonder he didn't notice before hand. There were quite a few animals in the, what seemed to be, yard type area. Most of which took note to Revan's appearance on the outskirts of the forest.

Not wanting to arouse any more suspicion to his location he turned his saber off. "Probably should have thought of that before." he thought. Maintaining a crouched position, he watched as the little yellow thing tended to the animals, those of which were still agitated by his presence. The yellow thing was, from what it seemed from this view, trying to calm them down and feed them. It seemed very timid, and Revan could almost hear what he thought to be it speaking galactic basic, but in a very hushed tone so it was not very clear.

Revan had wondered that if this "thing" had some sort of communication device that he might be able to use, a holo communicator would be great right about now. From the looks of the cottage it did not seem like this culture was very advanced. In fact Revan started to question as to how such a creature could even live in such a place. It seemed silly that something like that could build a house, let alone operate necessities that every home may need. Regardless of that, there were stranger things he had witnessed so Revan was willing to allow this one to slide.

Sneaking closer to get a better look Revan found himself stepping on a stick. (yay stealth!) Alerting the yellow thing to his presence and it darted inside the cottage letting out a quick "Eeeep!" while doing so. The animals turned their attention to him and the fled as well, save a rabbit that just look at him. Revan stared back, even though the creature couldn't tell due to the fact that he had a mask on at the time, and the bunny just hopped away casually. "Strange creatures." Revan said aloud.

Seeing that he had practically frightened every living thing around this area, he decided it was high time to go back into the forest to look for some shelter since he obviously wasn't going to be staying in that cottage.

- - -

The day passed by quickly, and Revan had found himself looking up at the sun from time to time. He thought to himself that something didn't seem quite right about that sun. Ignoring that fact, he trotted on over hills and logs and even dead carcasses that he thanked was not him. Revan came to a cave, the interior of which was filled with an impenetrable gloom. Before venturing inside he decided to activate his saber as a precautionary measure and for light. Slowly creeping into the cave he soon found that it was quite inhabited, the creatures that inhabited it though were strange in the extreme.

There were creatures, made out of wood mind you, and they did not look pleased to see Revan. Neither was Revan pleased to see them, as they appeared to be both predatory and quite hostile. Still weak and now exhausted from walking for quite some time, he figured using the force in this situation was not the best idea. It could leave him open for an attack that he could not deflect as easily as he could at full strength. "Too risky," he thought to himself. "I’m going to have to stick with my saber for this one." The wooden creatures crept towards him, one lunging out at him. Revan stepped to the side and sliced the thing in half, thinking that it would deter the others from following suit. Quite the opposite in fact, as three more leapt at him, each being slain in succession until the last one fell, smoke seeping from its wounds.

Pleased with his victory, he spent his celebration clearing the dead, sliced up, bodies of the wooden creatures out of the cave. He now had a place to call home. It was not much to look at, but with a bit of touching up it would look just fine. The thought of living in a cave did not sit well with Revan, though on the bright side there was only one way in, but that being the only way out.

The day had far since passed into night and the noises of many creatures filled it. Revan had found some loose boulders and placed them in front of the entrance, denying any entrance from the outside. "Ugh..." he said, placing the last boulder down "I think I deserve a nice night’s sleep after a day like this..."

Having said that he swiftly headed back into the cave, spreading out his cloak on the floor as a sort of rudimentary bed he quickly dropped off into the sleep of the exhausted.