• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 592 Views, 0 Comments

I Fly Fast to Get Away - pagegasustoburn



Rainbow Dash knows she is the fastest flyer in Equestria. She Knows she will one day be a Wonderbolt. The one question she can't answer is "Who am I really?"

  • ...
4
 0
 592

Chapter 1: Just Hope You Don't Get Her

'Why did I have to come here?' thought Rainbow Dash as she fidgeted in her seat. Dash was really starting to regret even comming to this lame place. She felt like she had been here for hours but she knew it had only been twenty minutes. When she told Applejack that she made an appointment to see a therapist AJ told her, 'Ah didn't think you had it in you. You don't strike me as the kind of pony that would even listen to what someone else had to say about that featherbrain of yours but you feel like you need help and you didn't let your pride get in the way. I'm proud of you sugarcube,'.

When it come to needing help the only pony who was a bad as AJ was Dash. Dash hardly ever asked for help, unless it was to set up something for a new trick, but that was different.

"Tick"

"Tock"

Rainbow eyed the obnoxious clock. It was simple. Just a round object that had numbers inside and three legs. Each leg moved at a different speed and in the case of the hour hand, didn't move much at all. The second hand ticked away at furous pace. If ponies could be compaired to the legs of a clock Dash was the second hand.

Besides the more personal questions she needed answered there was another more pressing one that had her really nervous. And it was something her best friend AJ had said, 'Ponyville has only got two therapist. One of them is a kind old stallion who will sort of act like he's your big brother, the other one...well just hope you don't get her,'. What had AJ meant when she said 'just hope you don't get her,'.

"Rainbow Dash?" said mare from a cross the room.

"Wha...?" was all Dash could say as she looked for the source of the voice. Her eyes fell on a yellow coated unicorn who had a clipboard levitating in front of her.

"Rainbow Dash?" asked the mare again.

"Oh, yea that's me," said Dash nervously as she walked over to the mare.

"If you would follow me," said the mare as she turned around and walked down the hall. They passed several doors as they walked down the hall. The pair stopped at the last door on the right just as Cloudchaser closed the door behind her. Dash looked Cloundchaser in the face and nodded in greeting. It was returned by shy grin. The look in Chase's eyes told Dash this was a, lets not tell anypony that we need this help kind of deal. The two worked together on a regular basis and they were very much like, they were both concited. Chase walked passed Dash and headed on her way. Dash gulped. It was her turn in the hot seat.

Dash started to feel rather anxious and without really paying attention she started to paw at the ground.

"Don't worry Miss Dash it's going to be ok," said the mare as she opened the door.

Dash hadn't even made it through the door way when she was greeted by an ecstatically happy voice.

"Hiya! Rainbow Dash!"

"Just hope you don't get her" echoed in Dash's head as she looked the speaker up and down. Her heart sank.

"Hi...uh...you too...Lyra," spoke Dash softly as she lowered her head.

Walking over to Dash Lyra looked the cyan mare up and down. Dash didn't look very comfortable, she kept shifting her weight from side to side, mimicking a buoy on the open seas. Lyra could only think of one think of one thing to do. She threw her forelegs around the nervous pegasus and pulled her into a hug. Dash gave several exaggerated blinks before melting into the hug. Her cheeks started to become uncomfortably warm and before she knew it she popped a wing boner. 'She so soft...and warm. I can't be doing this.' thought Dash. She broke the hug and backed away.

"Enough Mushy Stuff," said Dash as she raised her hoof and ruffled her bangs trying get her mane to hide her blush.

Lyra sat down and put her hoof to her chin, giving Dash a mischievous grin as she did so. Dash returned her grin with a chagrined look.

"Aw...don't look like that Rainbow Dash, Li Li is hear to help you out," answered the happy unicorn.

"Oh, and lower your wings, you don't want everypony to think you like me," Lyra mused.

'Seriously did you just call yourself Li Li,' thought Dash as she gave Lyra a hard look trying to forget what Lyra had just said. She had to admit Lyra was a pretty mare with a mint coat. She also had an emaculate cyan and white mane with a tail to match. Dash mentally scoffed, 'She obviously spends as much time on her mane as Rarity,'.

Lyra bounced over to the tweed couch in the middle of the room and sat down. After an agonizing couple of minutes Lyra padded the cushion beside her. Dash slowly walked over and sat down, letting out a sigh as she did so. Lyra opened her mouth to speak but desided to let the speedster accumlate to her unfamiliur suroundings.

The room wasn't very big. It was just a smidge bigger than Dash's bedroom. From where she sat she could see a large davenport desk made from what she guessed was walnut. On it sat a silver name plate that read, "Lyra Heartstrings Psy. D,". She had no idea that Lyra; qurky playing her lyra in the middle of the night in the park, eating way to many sweets and the puking on the mayor, sitting on anything in an uncomfortable possition, foam finger Lyra, was a therapist." The wall to her left was nothing but a wall to wall bookshelf and the wall to her right was bare save a single window with cyan drapes. The wall behind Lyra's desk had pictures of Lyra and her friends as well as a couple framed diplomas. One of them was for graduating Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and the biggest one was a diploma from the Equestrian Royal University that read Doctor of Psychology and Summa Cum Laude, what ever the hay that meant. Her eyes fell back to the name plate. What she knew about Lyra and what she was seeing just didn't mesh. How could a pony with so many accomplishments, be like Lyra. Lyra was a nice pony and all but she serously had more issues than Dash did and wasn't in any position to help her. All she wanted to do is get up, walk out of the door, and forget the whole thing.

Lyra watched as Dash tensed up and started looking at the door. She had seen it happen more times than not. A patient of hers leaving not long after walking in becuase they had a problem with her reputation. 'I mean I do have my share of problmes and I don't have a sagely, I can help you fix your problems aura,' she thought. Having an over the top charismatic personality prone to fits of craziness didn't help her case any. Lyra was losing Dash and she had to say something.

"Strange huh..." said Lyra as she placed her hoof on Dash's shoulder.

Pulling away from Lyra's touch Dash glared at her. Lyra sunk under that glare it was something she had seen many times before. Her father used to look at her like that, it was the look that meant, your not good enough.

Dash could see the hurt in Lyra's eyes and realising what she had done she let her gaze soften and then she turned away.

"Look Lyra, I'm sure you are a good therapist and all but..."

"I'm not a therapist!' interjected Lyra.

Dash shook her head in confusion, "Your not a therapist?"

"Nope. I do offer therapy though," answered Lyra. 'How can a pony offer therapy and not be a therapist' thought Dash.

"Do you want to start with the sock puppets or do you want to skip to drawing a picture of how you feel?" giggled Lyra.

Dash facehoofed, she then got up and made for the door, "Your Bucking Kidding me. I need to talk to somepony and I get the clown!"

It was meant as a joke, Lyra was just trying to get Dash to loosen up a little but, the pegasus didn't take her it as a joke. She had no idea that her harmless jab was going to illicit such a reaction. She needed to take back the control of the situation.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Barked Lyra sounding more forceful than she had intended.

Dash stiffened up for just a moment but then decided to not pay her no never mind as she threw open the door and started to canter down the hall. She didn't make it far before she was blinded by a light that erupted just a little ahead of her. It was when she saw a vague pony shape emerge from the light that she threw own her breaks but that didn't stop her from crashing into Lyra.

The two of the rolled down the hall and came crashing into the waiting room. They knocked over the coffee table and sent magazines flying everywhere. The two other two occupants of the room, a earth pony stallion and a unicorn mare looked down at the two ponies who were now all tangled up and in a heap in the middle of the floor in shock.

The world was spinning and Dash couldn't get her bearings. Nothing felt right about the sitution. She knew that she was in the waiting room again because she could hear the ticking of that obnoxious clock. What was very different was the soft warm carpet that lay under her. She looked down to check out what she thought was the best carpet in the world to find the carpet had eyes.

"Ahh!" yelled Dash in shock as she realized she was lying on top of Lyra. They were belly to belly. Dash could feel Lyra breathe, she could feel her warmth. More than that she could feel her own cheeks warm as a embarrassed glow lit up her face.

"Get off me," shouted Lyra as she pushed Dash away.

Dash floped over on her side never letting her eyes leave Lyra's body. Lyra picked herself up and started to dust herself off. Her well groomed mane and tail were now discheveld. And she could feel that she had began to prespire whilst underneath the heat of Dash's body.

Sitting up Dash still maintained her gaze. Lyra's hair was a mess and... and...
"You are really kinda cute!" stammared Dash her face now a bright tomato red.
Lyra raised an eye brow and looked over at Dash.
"Excuse me?" was all she could get out before Dash Knocked her over and hurried out the door squealing, "OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh Ohmygosh!"