• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 3,731 Views, 131 Comments

Chaos and Harmony - Crossing Paths - ShootingRainbowStar13



Discord joins forces with Eggman to wreak havoc upon both Equestria and Mobius, and the heroes from both worlds have to work together to stop them.

  • ...
11
 131
 3,731

Prologue: A Deal is Made

Discord stirred his eggnog with a tiny little silver spoon. He stopped stirring, ate the spoon and threw his teacup straight up, where it smashed against the ceiling and stayed. Not a drop of eggnog or china fell on him as he rose from his throne of velvet and ebony and paced around the room in Canterlot palace.

In his first few days of reformed chaos, he had cursed himself to pieces, sometimes literally. He fell for that kind, sweet, pathetic little drip named Fluttershy, and he’d regretted it ever since.

Then his regret turned to glee. Fluttershy trusted him with her life, and her friends were on the way to follow her. If he could bring them all to trust him, then when he chose to return to evil it would take them completely by surprise. He couldn’t wait to see the expressions on Celestia, Twilight and Fluttershy’s faces.

But it took time. Discord was tired of waiting. He wanted action. He wanted chaos.

Suddenly there was light, like fire, and Discord bellowed in fright and surprise.

And then he was a plump, bald man stepping out of the light. A portal.
Discord quickly stopped yelling and instead narrowed his eyes at the portly figure.

The man straightened, and Discord saw shimmering blue spectacles and a dastardly sneer. He didn’t know who this mystery human was or where he came from, but he was already taking a like to him.

Brushing imaginary specks away from his red-and-white uniform, the man cleared his throat.

“A pleasure to meet you at last, Discord.”

“How do you know my name?” asked Discord.

“I have been watching you from a distance. Admiring you.”

Discord stopped pondering whether to blast this guy to smithereens. He leaned forward. “Yes, go on?”

“I am Doctor Eggman.” Eggman held out a white-gloved hand. Discord cautiously shook it. “I saw you trick those infernal horses like nothing. I saw your talent glow strong and bright.”

Discord felt a stab of pride, but hid it and snapped, “How did you see me? I’ve never even seen a human here before, let alone you.”

Eggman just chuckled. “I can see many things. You see, I am fond of a power you possess. A power that may allow me to be invincible.” Eggman paused for effect.

“Chaos.”

Discord raised an eyebrow. “You have my attention. What do you want?”

Eggman laughed, a strange hooting sound that resonated through the room. “You are amusing in real life. Clever too. Alright, I came to ask you a favor.”

“A favor?”

“Yes, a favor. You and I are more alike than we seem.”

Discord clocked Eggman’s immense waist and silently told himself that he would cut down on the cloudcake and paper salads.

“We both are subdued by hated enemies. We both want control and power. So your help on an issue of mine would be most appreciated.”

Eggman pulled a remote from a silky pocket. He pressed it, and a hologram flickered to life. It showed a smirking blue hedgehog wearing white gloves on hands that were planted on hips, and red trainers with golden buckles. Discord had never seen anything like it.

“This is my enemy, Sonic the Hedgehog. Although he may be unknown to you, he is a terrible pest to me.” Eggman looked at Discord’s skeptical expression and added, “He can also run at the speed of sound, absorb energy from seven powerful chaos emeralds and become a flying golden beam of energy that rips through all my plans.” A succession of pictures appeared on the screen, flicking through scenes of mass destruction seemingly caused by the hedgehog, but Discord’s mind was somewhere else.

“Wait, back up.” Discord spread his mismatched hands. “What are chaos emeralds? They sound promising.”

Eggman smirked. “If you help me, I can promise a share of the emerald’s power. The holder of all seven can perform amazing deeds. Unlimited chaos. Immense power.” Eggman looked Discord in the eye. “Do we have a deal?”

Discord hesitated. He didn’t know this person. He could be walking into a trap. But then he remembered the power he possessed. Anyway, he was chaos. He did chaotic things that led to havoc and destruction. He smiled crookedly at Eggman.

“Deal.”

And the lord of chaos stepped through the crackling light portal, a move that put the future of both Earth and Equestria in terrible jeopardy.


On Mobius...

In the middle of a bright sunny afternoon, a battle was raging.

Laughing, Sonic smashed through the chest of the huge metal dinosaur, leaving a smoking crater. This was Eggman’s idea of a challenge? This was too easy!

The robot roared, then shut up as Sonic kicked down hard on its head, cracking it in two. Wire fizzed with electricity, and Sonic landed to watch the thing crumble. He mentally congratulated himself on a fine day’s work.

He cried out, as something slammed hard into his back, slamming him face down into the earth. His vision went blurry.

Sonic struggled to get up, shaking his head. He looked up, and saw the first glimpse of his long-lasting nightmare.

Eggman was seated next to this…this thing… inside a huge spacecraft. But it ran not only on fuel, but purplish power that floated around the engines. Chaos.

Sonic yelled up at them. He cried, “Who’s your new best friend, Eggman? Your brother? You both horrendous as one another!”

Discord turned, looking horrified, to Eggman, who only grimaced. “You’re kidding me right?”

“You don’t know the worst of it.” Said Eggman darkly.

Discord sighed. He clapped his hands. Suddenly he was standing next to the hedgehog. “Manners, please, young man.”

Sonic turned with lightning speed and punched Discord in the jaw. Discord spat blood and glared at the impudent creature. “That was rude! You should know better!”

Sonic tried to attack again, but Discord snapped his fingers and suddenly Sonic was gasping for breath, treading water and trying not to panic.

Discord smiled at the floundering figure in the newly made swimming pool. “This is too easy. My pal Dr. Eggman told me your weakness, Sonic. You’ll see soon enough that you have much to fear. I am Discord, lord of Chaos.”

Sonic tried to reply, but all he could manage was “Discord-“ before spluttering and sinking.

Smirking, Discord snapped his fingers and let Sonic crumple to his knees on dry ground, sopping wet and coughing.

He held out his lion paw. “Chaos Emeralds, if you please. Unless you want to take another bath… for much, much longer.”

Sonic looked up. His eyes were defiant.

He stood, raised his hands and yelled, “CHAOS CONTROL!!!”

The air shimmered. Discord stepped backwards. Seven glowing gems appeared, swirling around Sonic like a tornado. Discord tried to steal them, but snapping his fingers repeatedly proved nothing of use. He made a desperate swipe for the emeralds but missed.

Then every jewel burst away in a different direction in bright beams of multi-colored light. Discord’s pupils narrowed. “NO!!” He cried.

Then the lights vanished. Sonic fell to one knee, but he was grinning. “You’ll have to better than that, Discord.”

“What did you do?!” Roared Discord.

“I sent them away.” Sonic closed his eyes. “Whatever you do to me, my friends will know. You didn’t get the emeralds. We will find them before you do.”

Discord quivered with rage. He raised a claw to strike him down, but Eggman called out to him. “No, leave the pathetic blue bozo. You’ll get him and the Chaos emeralds soon enough.”

Discord looked down into the now open, jade green eyes. “We will meet again, Sonic the Hedgehog,” Snarled Discord. “You won’t be so lucky next time.”

Discord vanished, reappearing in the cockpit of the silver and purple aircraft. Eggman pressed some buttons. The aircraft spewed a portal, and then drove through it. Soon, no sign of the vehicle was left behind.

Discord couldn’t help but be reminded of someone… or somepony. Sonic was so much like…

As the terrible pair sped through space and time, Discord thought vaguely of a certain blue pegasus with fiery magenta eyes.

Author's Note:

Hey Pretty Ponies.

This is my first chapter of my first fan fiction, I'm so excited! Squeeee!

If you happen to stumble across this, please feel free to judge it, and maybe tell your friends about it. I will really appreciate it.

Disclaimer - I do not own Sonic, Eggman or Sega, neither do I own Discord, Fluttershy or Hasbro. All rights go to these two companies.

Like if you enjoyed!