• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 1,147 Views, 4 Comments

Years of Growth, Days of Dying - FlutterPal



There's that one tree that held everypony's life for years on end. What if that tree just, disappeared though?

  • ...
4
 4
 1,147

Chapter One [Revised]

In a different world of Equestria, one day in the middle of a breaking village, two ponies walked silently on the rocky sidewalks of Ponyville. One was a sky blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail as well as dark pink eyes. The other one, a yellow Pegasus with a soft and long light pink mane and tail and turquoise eyes with a kind tone to them. Each of them just walking, in the dark days. Each day was stormy and dark, so what is there to worry about?

Walking and walking, both of them tried to force small talk into their walk. Rocks fell at their touch, and leaves broke and fall when they walked past trees. Not noisy, but the ponies wanted to talk away.

The yellow one, finally spoke up and went straight into a conversation to think about. “Umm, do you ever wonder how ponies were born?” the yellow pony said in the sweetest, yet quietest voice.

The blue pony looked at her friend pony, and sighed. “Why does everypony think about that?” she said in a more angry tone.

Lots of silence passed on suddenly. Silence. Just the exact thing Ponyville’s heard for years and years. Small talk, rumors, and tiny conversations sometimes escaped all ponies’ lips, but silence was almost a big thing in life. After both friends thought about this, both thought about the conversation they almost had. “Well, I think that ponies were made by a thing, like something in nature with ponies growing inside of it every second. It may sound silly, but it feels so true! Oh Rainbow Dash, what is it? Something HAS to be going on!” the kinder Pegasus said breaking into tears.

Rainbow Dash looked at her friend with complete sorrow and said, “We don’t know, Fluttershy! The only one who could EVER know about this sort of thing is Twilight! But she is still getting research about…” Rainbow Dash trailed off.

Fluttershy looked at Dash, who was on the edge of tears herself. “Only Twilight could ever help us with this mess Equestria’s in!” Dash cried out through sobs.

“I-I can’t do anything, Rainbow. We don’t even know this mess, who caused it, and if we can even fix it. Your prophecy can wait, and when Twilight comes back it’ll all be clear, ok?” Fluttershy explained.

The ponies continued to walk. More thoughts continued to come. Like that prophecy, and what it meant. That prophecy;
Two ponies will travel together,
Both will be challenged by monsters and weather,
But maybe one will save this land,
By saving a tree that may perish by one touch of hand.

Rainbow Dash was thinking hugely about message from the princess herself. What tree? What two ponies? What adventure? All too many questions that probably didn’t have an answer. The prophecy did tell a lot, but not enough.

But if this-land- was Equestria, then maybe Dash could save it! She needed to go on the adventure, but with whom? Applejack has a family to take care of, Twilight’s researching stuff back in Canterlot, Pinkie Pie would probably slow her down, Rarity- self-explanatory, but Fluttershy? She was a good friend and, would be a good travel partner but could the timed Pegasus handle the trip?

Fluttershy would need training, survival skills, and the feel of knowing that Rainbow could not protect her every single step of the way. Maybe she could, teach her? Train her? Get her on the trip?

This adventure was going to be a lot harder without a partner, not even to mention the fact that Dash didn’t know where to go! All she knew is that according to the prophecy and Twilight’s words Equestria was on the precipice of disaster! This tree they needed to save? That could be the thing to save our land, but where is it, and how do they save it?

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash got back to the topic of finding a partner, while Fluttershy was thinking about something only partly the same.

The shy pony still thought about how everypony is made, and yet how each of them never died. There had to be something holding back their deaths, and making every single one of her kind live forever, in some sort of way. Like, this tree in the prophecy? Maybe that was the thing these two ponies had to save. But it seemed like nonsense. Complete nonsense! Why, why, why?!

Fluttershy needed a nap, a bath, something to make her relax and not think about the prophecy. Trees, things, why ponies lived what seemed like forever? Nothing made sense! If all of her friends were here right now Fluttershy would be calm, but Rainbow and her were the only ones living in Ponyville! Everyone else moved out and is living in all of other towns in Equestria. Why were they so alone?

Alone. Is it all they would be? Is this how they live their life? Alone!?

Walking and crying, both ponies escaped to their homes. Rainbow Dash moved over to her new home in Ponyville which was claimed after Cloudsdale was destroyed by the dark days. Flutters went over to her cottage, not with all her animals she should have had. Both cried in their homes and both tried to relax. Equestria was sorta, kinda, doomed. What else could they do besides trying to save the whole entire land when they had no clue what they were doing and where they were going?

And what would they do next?

Saving a country was one thing, and sitting around doing something else was another. And if the two fail, if they fall and don't get back up, bad things will definitely happen. Even worse, Equestria will fall to a thing's death. But one mystery, or a couple, still remain. Who will be the ponies on this trip? Where are they going? How will they get there? And most importantly, what will they do?

Author's Note:

HEY! ANOTHER STORY HERE! Awww yeah!