• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 2,432 Views, 53 Comments

Abstracted Spectrum - Abstract Spectrum



Rainbow Dash finally becomes a Wonderbolt, but things don't always turn out as expected.

  • ...
5
 53
 2,432

Chapter 13: Falling Apart

"Shadowbolts? What in the hay are those?" Applejack interrogated.

"You don't remember? The Shadowbolts were those strange creatures in the Everfree Forest that tried to take Rainbow Dash away from us to join their... cult or something!"

"But... weren't those creatures Nightmare Moon's doing? How can they be here without her?"

"I don't know, Rarity. But what I do know is; they're definitely the ones responsible for whatever is happening to Rainbow Dash!"

"Why yes, we are." A new voice in the room said.

The group gasped at Shiva's sudden appearance behind them.

"YOU! Stop what you're doing to Rainbow Dash!" Twilight demanded.

"Oh yes, I'll be sure to do that."

"Really?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! We need her for more than you think, she's not just our new "leader", she's much more than that. First, we'll have her take out this stain you call Equestria, bit by bit, town by town, city by city. Next, we'll use you and her to complete our concoction, AND BRING BACK OUR LORD TO FINISH THE JOB AND CREATE A NEW LAND RULED BY US!" Shiva yelled religiously.

"Wait, why do y'all need us for your crazy mixture?" Applejack inquired.

"You 5 are the last remaining elements of harmony, correct? Your powers when combined with Rainbow Dash's shall re-create our God, and maker her INVINCIBLE! NOT EVEN CELESTIA CAN STOP HER!" Shiva laughed, poofing away in purple smoke.

"What do we do now?" Pinkie asked.

"We've gotta find Rainbow Dash, and stop her from destroying Equestria!"

"But how? She's probably half way to Las Pegasus by now!" Rarity said.

"Well um... I know a pony. He says he has a box thing that can go anywhere at anytime, he might let us used that."

"Good idea, Fluttershy! Lead the way!"

LATER, IN A SECLUDED ALLEYWAY...

"You all must understand that this is a very risky procedure, yes?"

Everypony nodded.

"Right, inside! C'mon, c'mon, off we go!"

As everypony rushed inside the police box, not questioning it's mysterious larger interior aside from it's small exterior, Fluttershy stopped to thank her friend, the doctor. He insisted that she rush inside so they can get this over with, and stop Equestria's total destruction.

ELSEWHERE, IN LAS PEGASUS...

The TARDIS faded into the visible world. The 6 ponies stepped out onto the cracked concrete, with the wind of a dead paradise blowing through their manes.

"Looks like she's already been through here." Twilight said, looking around at what she once knew as Las Pegasus. A city devoted to sin and vice, now looked nothing more than a small town out of an old western film. Complete with tumble weed.

"How awful! How could one pegasus cause so much destruction?" said Rarity, blocking her eyes from the dust the wind blew in her eyes.

"Look! Over there!" Applejack pointed out. She managed to catch a glimpse of the trail of rainbow that Rainbow Dash left when flying quickly.

She and the rest of her friends ran towards the direction that AJ saw the trail in. The next town wasn't far from where the TARDIS had spawned, so they knew they wouldn't be running far.

"We gotta catch up to her!" Applejack said.

"She's just too fast! We'll lose track of her!" Twilight panicked.

The look in Pinkie's eyes said that she would not stand for this. She wouldn't lose one of her best friends like this. So Pinkie Pie proceeded to whip out her party cannon from the 4th dimension and push all of her friends inside.

"Pinkie? What are youEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Twilight screamed, as did the rest of her friends when they were shot out of the cannon unexpectedly.

With each second they grew closer and closer to her, however with the wind speed affecting their flight, they were slowly losing momentum.

"TWILIGHT! GRAB HER!" Pinkie instructed Twilight, yelling over the strong wind.

Twilight managed to latch a hoof on to Rainbow's tail, unfortunately resulting in her losing her previous grip on her friends.

"TWILIGHT, NOOOOO!" Applejack yelled as tears began to fill her eyes. She couldn't believe she was losing yet another one of her best friends.

"HELP! HELP MEEEE!!" Twilight yelled back, attempting to re-gain her grip on her friends as to carry them along.

Unfortunately they didn't make it. Rainbow Dash flew off and away from the other 4 ponies, with Twilight still attached to her tail.

The Mane 6 (now the Mane 4) landed hard on the dirt ground below. Tears flooded their eyes as they saw Twilight being carried away by Rainbow Dash into the unknown dust-storm.


"No... NO... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! CELESTIA DAMN IT! WE CAN'T KEEP LOSIN' OURSELVES!" Applejack screamed, furiously stomping on the ground.

"Now calm down Applejack, and watch your language! Swearing isn't going to get us-"

Rarity was interrupted by Applejack's two hind legs meeting her jaw, almost as hard as they'd hit the ground. Rarity slid on the dirt floor, moaning in pain. Fluttershy and Pinkie's reactions were turned towards Rarity, then at Applejack, who was glowing red with anger. She was breathing heavily, her eyes still targeted at Rarity, ready to attack in-case she attempted to get back up again.

Nopony spoke, nor dared to move a single molecule. Fluttershy and Pinkie kept their horrified faces, while Rarity remained still and lifeless on the ground.

Rarity began to stand up slowly. Applejack began running towards her like a bull if one were to kill it's family. Had it not have been for Pinkie's Party Cannon, Applejack probably would've ended up killing her.

"APPLEJACK, CUT IT OUT!" Pinkie yelled with a tug of the launch string on her cannon, sending Applejack a few yards away from them. While both Rarity and Applejack were incapacitated, Fluttershy went to help Rarity up, while Pinkie ran over to AJ to talk to her.

"Listen AJ, I'm sorry I had to do that but fighting isn't going to make Twilight come back! I know you're frustrated, we all are, but we all need to remain sane if we're ever going to get all of our friends back together again!"

Applejack rubbed the dirt off of her face and nudged Pinkie aside as she walked by her and up to Rarity, who was brushing herself off.

Applejack kicked dirt in Rarity's face as she got up, still walking by her. Rarity gasped. She and Pinkie followed Applejack with their angry expressions as she kept walking.

Applejack stopped for a moment.

"Ah don't need any y'all ta get mah REAL friends back! Y'ALL WANNA CHICKEN OUT THEN FINE, YUR ON YUR OWN!"

Applejack yelled, trotting off into the unknown dusts of the lost town.

"FINE YOU BRUTE, WE GREW TIRED OF YOUR VICIOUS BEHAVIOR ANYHOW!" Rarity yelled back, shaking her hoof at Applejack.

As Applejack disappeared into the dust clouds, Rarity looked down at the ground and signed.


"We need to stop falling apart like this..."