• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 399 Views, 0 Comments

The Search For Family - d3rpy-h00v3s



A tale of much younger characters trying to find their family's after a huge war.

  • ...
 0
 399

Prologue

A warm breeze picked up as two ponies stood in a small forest talking. One of the ponies was a full grown stallion, a blue alicorn with stars in his mane. The other was his daughter a small white alicorn filly, with pink hair,and the image of the sun on her flank. Her large purple eyes looked up at her father as he spoke.

“Now listen, your mother and I need to leave and protect the land from creatures of chaos, and creatures who feed on love of other ponies.”

“What? You are leaving? Take me with you.” The small filly said.

“I can’t it’s too dangerous, and you need to take care of your sister, she is only six, she can’t take care of herself. Sweetheart I am going to be honest with you, there is a chance that me and your mother will not come back.”

“But… Do you mean…?” The small filly stuttered, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

“Yes, I need you to be strong though. Do it for me and your mother, do it for your sister.” The white filly began to cry, looking at her father slowly blur from the tears.

“Don’t cry, you need to be strong for you and your sister, she looks up to you and always has. I will keep raising the moon and your mother will raise the sun. If the worst does happen I need you and your sister to take our places. Okay?”

“But I-” The filly started tears still in her eyes, as she imagined losing her parents.

“I need you to promise me you will do this.” The star covered alicorn looked at his daughter.

“I promise father.” The filly told him.

“Good, now the safest place for you to stay is the castle where you used to play when you were younger. We must go now, your mother has told your sister everything I told you except the part about what happens if we do not come back.” The alicorn with the night sky in his mane told his daughter.

“Your mother and I love you very much.” He said spreading his wings and taking off into the air, and soon was joined by a second alicorn this one was a mare with a white coat which matched the filly’s perfectly.
The white filly felt something touch her leg. When she looked she saw the familiar light blue coat of her little sister, who was nuzzling her leg. The small white alicorn looked away from her sister for a moment trying to hide her tears, she silently wished that she could stop the sadness as easily as she stopped the tears.

“ Bye mommy, bye daddy. We love you, and can’t wait for you to come back.” The blue alicorn filly called to her parents waving her hoof in the air. The white filly still held back tears as she brought her sister inside the old castle.