• Published 8th Oct 2013
  • 1,888 Views, 5 Comments

Time Has Passed. - bronystrongwing



The Angel has fallen, but isn't forgotten. One hundred years have passed since the Angel arrived. Now, three new 'Angels' have arrived, unaware of the world they have entered. Now they must explore the land, searching for clues of how

  • ...
4
 5
 1,888

Melek

When Abram woke, still wearing all his clothes, even his shoes, he untangled his limbs from his blanket and stood. He didn't really get a chance to take a look at his room, having immediately gone to sleep, but now that he could see it, he saw how beautiful, yet simple, it was. All the walls were the same, beige color, with about three paintings hanging from them. The bed was a simple frame and mattress, but the mattress itself was softer than anything he'd ever felt. A single dresser stood next to the bed, against the wall to the right of it. Inside was nothing, save for a book titled 'History of The Elements of Harmony'. He heard Hidden Gem mention Princess Twilight as being the 'Element of Magic', but he didn't pay much mind at the time. 'Should read that later.' He thought to himself.

------

Axle didn't sleep the night prior. He stayed up, planning on how he would escape the castle if need be. He didn't expect any threat from the ponies, but he didn't like to leave things to chance. Whenever he found a way to evacuate, he'd think of another plan if the previous one failed. Now, he sat on his bed, looking out the window, watching as the sky turned from a dark blue to a brilliant orange. As he watched the sun rise, he felt his body losing a lot of tension, almost as if the sun itself was easing his mind directly. He didn't know why this was happening, but he didn't really pay much mind to it. Standing, he heads out his bedroom.

------

Jason awoke with a start, letting loose a short shout. He was covered with sweat, his jumpsuit sticking to his skin. He'd experienced the most realistic and disturbing nightmare in his life, Imagery of corpses and torture encased in his mind. He looks around the room, checking if it really was a dream. Seeing that everything was okay, he releases a small chuckle. "Must've been the pie gettin' to me." He says to himself. He gets out of bed, stretching, his back letting loose a series of pops. As he heads for the door he hears two voices on the other side, which he recognizes as the only other humans here. He soon steps out the door.

------
One hour later
------

"...So what was his name again? 'Discern'?" Abram asks, walking down a hall with Princess Twilight.

"It's 'Discord', rather fitting if you ask me." She says, a somewhat annoyed look on her face.

"I get the feeling you don't get along with him." He says, eyeing a large stained glass window.

"Don't get me wrong, he's a good friend, but he can get annoying with his constant pranks. I still don't know why Celestia started dating him..." She says, still slightly annoyed.

"Wait a minute, Celestia's dating him?" Abram asks, his mind doing it's best to digest this new information.

"Yeah, started about sixty three years ago. Luna thinks they're going to get married soon, but I think she's just reading too many romance novels." Twilight says as her and her companion reach a large set of doors. "Here we are."

"Let me get that." Abram says as he pushes the door open, it giving little resistance.

"Wow, you're pretty strong. Most ponies would struggle with this door." Twilight says, impressed by the humans strength.

"Well, in my line of work, one must be strong." He says, pride evident in his voice.

"Oh? And what line of work is that?" Twilight asks, entering the throne room beyond the large doors.

"I'm a Boxer. Don't win all my fights, but I'm not quitting anytime soon." Abram replies, stepping into the room himself, closing the door behind them.

"'Fights?' You beat others up for a living?!" She was horrified at this revelation. 'How could someone do this?!' She thinks to herself.

"It's not like it sounds." He says, a chuckle let loose. "It's a sport. My opponent is as equally capable as I, and we have a fair fight. The adrenaline of the moment prevents either of us from really feeling the pain, at least until the next day. We respect one another and are good friends after the fights. After every match, I take my opponent out for a drink, and we party the entire night away!" He says, a grin on his face.

"That--that is a lot different than I thought. I'm sorry for reacting the way I did." Twilight says, now sitting in her throne, a somewhat sullen look on her face.

"It's alright, we all make mistakes." He says with a warm smile. "Now, what does a Princess do on a day-to-day basis..."

------
Elsewhere
------

In the entryway, Jason and Hidden Gem stood, preparing for their trek to the nearby town. "So, what's this 'Ponyville' like?" Jason asks, checking his jumpsuit to make sure everything was in order.

"I actually grew up there. It's a really friendly place filled with the nicest ponies! Although, " She says, a light blush forming on her cheeks. "They tend to overreact to things, which is why I want to try and get this over with as quickly as possible."

"Ah understand. If we do draw a crowd, however, what'll we do then?" He asks, satisfied that his attire was in proper condition.

"I'll tell them that you are simply a guest from a foreign land. I won't be lying, I'll just be leaving some things out."

"Makes sense. alright then, let's head out and this show on the road!"

Author's Note:

Yes, I know. Major gaps between updates. I'm not going to lie, it was mostly because of family issues, but also partly because I was being lazy. For anyone who is eagerly awaiting the next chapter, which baffles me due to this stories inadequacies, don't expect regular updates. I apologize, have a nice day.