• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 467 Views, 0 Comments

Make It Simple - Fat1thatyoulove



Visk Bolt, the newest and boldest Wonderbolt. But does how did one stallion get though the training so fast and in only a few races become one of the fastest flyers ever?

  • ...
2
 0
 467

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Lets make it simple shall we?

The room fills with the rich odour of freshly opening roses as the light spring air lofts lazily into the room from the open terrace doors.

In the corner of the room near the back most part of the window sits a dull orange almost deep red coat pegasus with dark blue spiked mane that curves up; almost like a wave above his confused and slightly annoyed squinted eyes.

The point of interest for this stallion sits across from him, a dull earthy brown stallion with almost mud dark brown mane that's brushed into a part to keep stray pieces of mane from bothering the stallion's glasses that sit over his eyes.

With a deep loud sigh from the orange pegasus the fumbling earth stallion stammers on a sentence as he continues to free his note pad and a pencil from his satchel, "Uh...J-just a moment..."

As the rustling of paper fills the penthouse suite of Canterlot's hotel fantaisie gras the impatient stallion clears his throat.

"Uh...uh-ok we can start." The earth stallion quickly moves the satchel bag to the floor beside him as he brings the pencil and notebook to his hooves in a comfertable position.

The pegasus across from him blinks to the words with just more annoyance as he speaks up, "You asked to meet me...If you didn't have somthing to talk about this unwanted conversation will be very short."

From the words the earth stallion shakes his head as he rushes his voice in, "Oh no no, you're right...I'm sorry I just uh I..."

"Stop stuttering! Talk if not leave." The pegasus barks back his response to the fluttering sentence as he sits up in the chair with just more frustration to his current situation.

The hard words turn the earth stallion's posture a little more up right as he pushes his glasses more to his eyes, "Yes alright sir."

"Sir? What the hay? Do I look like a guard or something? Just call me by my name, not none of this sir crap." The pegasus blows a heavy sigh as he stares to the agian fumbling stallion.

"Ok...Si- I mean Visk-..." The stallion's words are cut off as the pegasus nods his head, "There you go! You said my name, now lets move this along already."

The earth stallion swallows hard as he speaks up, "Well Visk like I have told you in my letters I want to write a story about your and your life...But I want to make sure I capture your life the way it has been so far."

Visk rolls his eyes as he slumps back to the chair's backrest, "This agian? Come on, you're the third reporter to come in here..." He holds his hoof up towards the confused stallion as he continues, "I already told you ponies what you wanted to know about me and Fleur De Lis." He hardens his gaze as he looks over the stallion, “You’re not an undercover guard are you?”

"No-no I am not here about magazine stuff Sir Visk and i’m not a guard...um did you read those letters I sent before you invited me here?" The stallion blinks to the pegasus as he holds his confusion.

Visk closes his mouth as he pokes his tongue to his bottom lip in thought, "Hmm...Ya sure, I read them...You're that stallion from PonySpots right? You wanted the picture of me for this month's front page?"

"Uh...no?"

Visk nods his head as he starts to move from his seat, "Oh...well then you can leave." The pegasus takes himself to his hooves as the earth stallion quickly waves his hoof, "But we haven't done anything yet?"

Visk cocks his head a little uneasy to the stallion's words as he speaks up, "Whoa, I don't know what kind of a stallion you are, and i'm sorry to ruin your ideas but you need to get out."

"Wait." The earth stallion stands from his seat as he holds his hoof out to the pegasus, "...I have sent you three letters and waited to long for this opportunity."

Visk blinks to the stallion's slightly more authority driven tone as he looks over the considerably smaller and unathletic stallion. But before the pegasus can speak up the stallion runs his voice past him, "...-Now I must insist you let me write my book on you."

The dull orange pony is silent for a moment as he shrug and sits back to his chair unfazed to the other stallion's obviously emotion driven words, "A book?"

With another slight breeze the room fills with the natural worlds sweet perfumes which help to calm the still standing pony, "Yes...I-I want to write a biography of your quick rise in becoming a WonderBolt."

"OH, you're that stallion...Ya I saw your letters, but I think I gave them to a few fans as memorabilia." Visk nods his head to the big word that leaves his mouth as the other stallion adjust his glasses and takes his seat.

"Thats fine, now lets start with something easy...um if you would, can you tell me a little about Visk Bolt?" The stallion brings his hooves to the notebook and the pencil as the pegasus across from him begins to tap his hoof to him mouth.

"I'm Visk Bolt..." A confused stare comes over him as he shrugs, "What do you want to know?"

The earth stallion rolls his pencil grasped hoof as he speaks up, "You know...anything, something about the rising star nopony knows."

Visk looks to the open window no longer amused by the nerdy stallion as he tries to think, "I was born in Cloudsdale...Dropped out of Hurricane High and came to Canterlot to sign up for the WonderBolts." His voice gets a little more bold as he starts to flex his wings, "Five months later i'm the best racer in the WonderBolts...what more do you want?"

"Um...well you could talk a little bit more about your life while you were training. You could also give a little more insight into your secret, i’m sure a lot of young pegasus wish to aspire to what you’ve become so fast." The earthy brown stallion gives a confident smile as he looks to the pony across from him.

“Aspire? Why would I want younger pegasus to die?” Visk holds a cocky and almost jokey tone as he points his hoof to the stallion, “I thought glasses ment you ponies were smart.”

The earth pony adjust the glasses on his face as he shifts a little uncomfortably, “I believe you mistook the word aspire for expire....How’s about you just tell me where you use to train before the Wonderbolts academy?” A faint smile come over the stallion as he waits.

Visk blows to the comment as he looks around the room, "Alright, I use to fly around Canterlot peak when I wasn't wacthing after Summers."

The note pad in the earth stallion's hoof begins to darken as the words come into the page, "And who is Summers?"

"She's my daughter."

The stallion looks up from the notepad as he cocks his head, "Daughter? I didn't know you had a foal?" A smile comes over the stallion's face as he holds his pencil to the paper, "How old is Summers? I beat that filly really looks up to you hu?"

Visk taps his hoof to his mouth as he thinks, "Mhmmm I think shes one...or two, no more than three."

"Y-you mean you don't know?" The stallion drops his ready hoof to the page as he stares to the stallion's clam face as he just shrugs, "Ya, she was real young when I left Cloudsdale."

"So you went back to Cloudsdale before you left for Canterlot?"

Visk cocks his head to the stallion as he speaks up, "What? No I said I left Cloudsdale after I dropped out of Hurricane High, didn't you write that down Mr... what's your name?"

The stallion adjust his glasses as he speaks up, "My name is Hoof Strokes...."

Visk blows to the name as he rolls his hoof, "Alright Strokes, let's speed this up I have to be somewhere soon."

"Alright, um...A lot of ponies have said you're nothing more than a hot head who's just gotten lucky in his first race, what would you say to that?" Strokes taps the pencil to the pad as he waits for the stallion's words.

But Visk shoots a cocky smile as he waves his hoof to the stallion, "I thought you said you weren't a reporter?" A slight laugh comes from him as he shakes his head, "I'm pretty sure I answered that question, don't you read Under The Sun's sport's articles?"

"Um...Well yes I did read the article in UTS, but you had just said other ponies were just jealous of your quick success, wouldn't you like to elaborate?" Stroke's words end as he gives a little smile as he waits for the pegasus to speak up.

However no real words come from him as he just nods his head, "Nope.”

Before Stroke can bring his voice up a hard knock to the room's door rings around the stone walls of fantaisie gras 's room, "Visk!"

The deepish feminine voice comes to an end for a moment as the door flies open to a angry staring orange and sun yellow maned pegasus with a blue and gold trimmed Wonderbolt outfit on, "-You were supposed to be at the stadium an hour ago." The pegasus's mare's hard and demanding stare straightens Strokes’s posture as he just blinks his eyes between the still cooled stallion and the new pony in the room.

Visk nods his head as he moves from his seat and begins to stretch his wings, "Ya, ya, but come on it's just a warm up race for Ponyville’s show...I didn't even need to come."

"That’s not the point." The mare's hoof comes up as she holds her now flustering face to the cool stallion's attitude, "You were told that all new WonderBolt's MUST attend practice runs."

Visk continues to nod his head as he aims his trot to the blue outfit draped across the dress, but as the mare's heated words start to come to an end he turns his gaze to the earth stallion still sitting down, "Hey Stroke, if you want to know the real Visk and if this really is about what I do then you should just tag along to Ponyville's show. It's only for the day and then we come back." Visk moves the outfit to drape over his back as he trots towards the door.

But the dull orange coated stallion doesn't stop his trot as he exits the room pass the mare, "Come on Spitfire, we don't want to be late?"

The mare's eyes tighten their hold to the stallion but she turns out of the doorway as she trails after him.

To the two ponies leave Stroke begins to scramble as he tries to shove his notes to his satchel, "Hey! W-wait!" He jumps from his seat as he stumbles a gallop with three hooves, "How will I be attending your show?"

End of chapter 1