• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 1,426 Views, 11 Comments

Memories - nutcase4real



Applejack and Rainbow Dash think back on few good memories of their best friendship.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,426

Memories

Memories

There she stood. All the trees surrounding her needed to be bucked, yet she just stood there staring at the tree in front of her. As she stared a memory flashed to life within her mind. The memory was one that she was particularly fond of. It was the time when she first met Rainbow Dash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was walking along humming a lively tune to herself. She stopped at the tree where she had left off the night before. She reared up her hind legs and gave the tree a mighty buck staking all of its precious fruits loose and they fell into the buckets she had placed on the ground.

She walked over to the next tree and reared up to buck again. As she began to send her hooves towards the tree an apple core struck her on the head, causing her to lose her concentration, and to fall over.

She angrily looked up into the tree and shouted, "Whoever's up there, better come on down!"

She saw a flash of blue and suddenly a blue furred rainbow maned pegasus was standing in front of her. The orange earth pony faltered back a little, due to the pegasus' speed.

She glared at the smiling pegasus, who extended her hoof towards her and said, "Hi, I'm Rainbow Dash."

The orange earth pony hesitantly extended her hoof forward and the two shook hooves.

"Ah'm Applejack, and you just ate Apple family property."

The pegasus' eyes went widened in a slight terror and said, "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I had no idea! I promise I'll pay for it!"

Applejack thought about it for a second or two while the pegasus eyed her intently.

After the brief pause, Applejack smiled warmly at the pegasus and said, "No need. It's on the house. Ah'm sorry, but Ah didn't catch yer name eariler."

"It's Rainbow, Rainbow Dash.", the pegasus said with a smile.

"Well Rainbow Dash, do you live near here?", Applejack inquired.

"Yeah, I live on a cloud near Ponyville. I'm soon going to be taking over the weather team here."

"Well I just hope you're better than Derpy.", Applejack said with a giggle.

"Trust me! It won't be hard.", Rainbow Dash said as the two erupted into laughter together.

This was how one of Equestria's greatest friendships started.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack reared up and kicked the tree with a thunderous buck, forcing the tree to reliquish its prized fruits into the baskets on the ground. She gathered the baskets and carried them on a stick across her back to her wagon, and dumped them in tenderly, making sure not to bruise the delicate fruits.

She turned and walked to another tree and placed her baskets on the ground. She kicked the tree with a mighty buck, and gathered her baskets. She poured them into the wagon, and she repeated this process several more times before she decided to take a break.

She sat down in the shade of one of her beloved trees and wiped the sweat away from her eyes as she began to drift into another memory of her dearest friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey AJ! Whatcha doin'?",, Rainbow Dash asked her friend.

"Oh hey there Rainbow! Ah was just sittin' here thinkin' 'bout the picnic with the girls we have planned fer today. Ah just don't know what Ah should bring.", Applejack said.

"Well duh! Just bring some apple fritters! Your apple fritters are the best AJ!", Rainbow Dash said with a confident smile exuding from her face.

Applejack smiled at the compliment, and decided that apple fritters wasn't such a bad idea. She got up from her seat on the porch and walked towards the front door.

When she openned the door she turned to her friend and asked, "Ya wanna help me make'em?"

"I don't know AJ. I'm not that great at baking.", Rainbow Dash replied with the confidence she had just moments ago.

"Oh you'll be fine! 'Sides Ah only need help with the dough."

"Al...alright! I'm game!", Rainbow Dash said returning to her normal cocky self.

The two friends entered the house and walked into the kitchen. Applejack started grabbing the food items she would need to make the fritters, while Rainbow Dash grabbed the utensils, a cutting board, and a mixing bowl. Soon everything that was needed was displayed on the counter. Applejack walked Rainbow Dash through how to make the dough as she chopped up some apples with a knife. Soon the dough was ready as was everything else. The two sat about mixing the dough with the ingredients in the mixing bowl.

The two friends broke out into a little food fight when Rainbow Dash took some of the dough and smeared it on Applejack's face. The two ponies tossed unused apple bits, small balls of dough, and even hole apples at one another until Rainbow Dash final conceded victory to Applejack. The friends proceded to evenly place clumps of dough on a cookie sheet, and carefully slid the sheet into the oven. Applejack sat a timer and the two of them walked into the living room.

Rainbow Dash sprawled out on the couch, while Applejack sat in a rocking chair and began to gently rock back and forth.

"So AJ? Have you ever thought about doing something other than farming?", Rainbow Dash questioned.

"And do what RD?", Aplejack replied with a hearty chuckle.

"I don't know, maybe be a rodeo pony? I know you'd be awesome at that!", Rainbow Dash replied.

"Ah couldn't do that RD.", Applejack said with a hearty chuckle.

"Why not?", Rainbow Dash inquired.

"My family needs me here Rainbow. Without me, they'd lose Sweet Apple Acres.", Applejack said evenly.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But still, you have to admit, that you'd be an awesome rodeo pony!", Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Awesome? Heck nah, Ah'd be the best rodeo pony in all of Equestria!", Applejack exclaimed, each word brimming with confidence.

The two friends continued to talk about what they had been up to recently until they heard the timer chime.

"Fritters are done! What do ya say we head out now?", Applejack asked with a slight grin.

"Oh yeah! This will be the best picnic ever! Let's go!", Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she lofted into the air.

Applejack pulled the fritters out of the oven and placed them in her saddle bag. The two friends walked out of the door talking about how great this picnic was going to be, and how they couldn't wait to see all of their friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack decided that break time was over, and she stood up from her shadey spot. She walked over to her baskets and gingerly picked them up. She began to trot back over to where she was at last until she heard the tell-tell sound of a Sonic Rainboom.

She turned her attention to the sky and smiled as she watched the rainbow streak which had made the rainboom, soar through the sky away from the epicenter of the aerial display.

'Always showin' off.', Applejack thought to herself.

She began to walk back to where she had stopped bucking trees, but she wasn't thinking of the task at hand. She was thinking of her friend, and how she couldn't wait to make many, many more good memories with her.