• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 1,143 Views, 107 Comments

Spirit Dash - CutieMarkCrusaders



Rainbow Dash finds herself all alone when her father visits ponyville... with a surprise.

  • ...
15
 107
 1,143

Plan B

Ok, Dash. Plan B. You can do this. Rainbow Dash thought as she left Sugar Cube Corner with her five best friends and the pony who was quickly becoming her worst enemy inside.

She trotted out into the street and looked around the town to try and find her two backup best friends. Then finally, she spotted them.

"Bon Bon! Lyra!" she called. The two ponies looked up at her, and started trotting towards her. They met in front of somepony's house.

"Hey, Dash, what's up?" Lyra said.

"My sister's in town, and-" Dash got cut off.

"Sis-" Bon Bon started before she was interrupted herself.

"It's a long story." Rainbow said as she held up a hoof. "So, I wanted to, you know, hang with you guys for a while."

"Sure!" Lyra said. "Me and Bon Bon were just headed over to the soda shop. Wanna come?"

"That sounds great," Rainbow replied.

The trio began to make their way to the soda shop as Rainbow Dash explained the entire story to her friends. Lyra and Bon Bon listened intently as they took in every detail. Besides Fluttershy, they were the first friends Rainbow Dash had made since she moved to Ponyville, and she loved them dearly. Possibly more dearly than the other elements of harmony...

...

"Ok, so, the other day, I was talking to Carrot Top, right? And so she tells me, that she overheard Berry Punch and Minuette talking about..." Rainbow Dash tuned out Bon Bon and sipped her cherry soda. Usually, she would have been more than happy to hear whatever it was Carrot Top had overheard, but today she was too down in the dumps. She turned her head just in time to see Lyra squirt her lemon fizz soda out her nose before bursting into uncontrollable laughter.

"Wait, what? I missed it," Whatever it was, it must have been pretty funny, so Dash gained interest.

"Ok, so, Carrot told me that Berry and Minuette were talking about-"

Crash!

Bon Bon was cut off from her story as Mr. Cake came running out of the kitchen looking extremely flustered.

"Have any of you seen Cupcake? I need some help with Pound and Pumpkin..."

"No, sorry, I haven't seen her. I would be happy to help you out with them though," Bon Bon said as she stood up and began trotting towards the orange stallion.

"Great. Sorry, I'm just a little... shaken up," he said. He turned and began trotting to the kitchen from which he emerged. Sadly, his exit was made less dramatic when he tripped on a baby bottle and fell flat on his face. Bon Bon helped him up and the two trotted into the kitchen towards the sound of crying infants that had gotten significantly louder in the past few seconds.

"So, heh, guess it's just us two, now," Lyra said.

"Yep," Rainbow Dash replied. The two ponies finished off their sodas and Lyra popped her head into the kitchen to tell Bon Bon that they were going to the park and that would probably be where she could find them.

The pair trotted off down the street and talked about the weather, and Princess Celestia, and stuff like that. Then, just when Rainbow Dash was beginning to enjoy her outing with Lyra, who should they run into but Spirit Dash and her five former best friends. They were all hanging off Spirit's every word and laughing there heads off as if each and every thought that tumbled through her lips was the most hilarious thing that any of them had ever heard.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash! We were just looking for you! I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with us to the soda shop," Spirit said to her.

"Sorry, girls, but Lyra and I just came from there," Rainbow said, putting great emphasis on the word Lyra to show her friendship. "We were headed to the park."

"Oh, sorry. I'm really thirsty, so I'd rather go to the soda shop. Come on girls," she said. The group continued chatting and laughing as they trotted in the opposite direction of Lyra and Dash.

Ugh. I don't believe this. She insults my house, she steals my friends... ugh! I wish Dad would just come get her already! she thought.

"Guys! Guys! " Bon Bon said as she galloped towards the duo. She was gasping hard when she finally caught up with them. After a few seconds, she finally caught her breath and blurted a couple words Rainbow Dash was anxious to hear.

"You'll never guess what I just heard Spirit Dash say!"

Author's Note:

Dear friends, I must ask that you please refrain from criticizing in the comments of this story. This used to be allowed until somepony (you know who you are) seriously hurt my feelings with said criticism. (I know that most of you are thinking that I need to toughen up right now, but everything they posted was just a paragraph of "You're doing this wrong!" I asked them to stop and they called me an emotional twit.) Thank you.