• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 804 Views, 12 Comments

Silver - BritRecon



With the help of several girls, one man will need to slay an evil man intent on ruling the universe.

  • ...
1
 12
 804

Pinkie

I hovered away from the girl. While she appeared to be nice, I couldn't help but feel a little off-put. Why were this many people in my dream? I was also slightly wary of the length of this dream. Perhaps I was stuck in a coma... I thought about all the possible ways I could have been put into a coma. Did a branch fall on me? Did I trip? I couldn't recall anything. Ever since the beginning of my dream, I couldn't remember anything about my actual life; it was all hazy.

"So you're Matt?" the girl asked. Her head was tilted to her left, and she eyed me with a curious expression. Her bright pink hair was this deep color, but it was lighter in the sun. Her eyes, a bright blue, were tranquil and caring. I began to eye up my dream girl, and I use that term literally. She seemed so happy, so caring, and so real. And not to mention she was very pretty. With a great body, she was on my top ten of girls in my dreams.

"Yeah," I confirmed, "that's me."

The girl, Pinkie, smiled. "Awesome! We're going to have such a great time! I can show you all my friends," she happily told me while enthusiastically hopping up and down. Jeez, she sure was exuberant for a figment of my imagination.

"Of course we are! But I don't think I can stay for long, though."

Pinkie stepped closer to me and shot me a befuddled look. "You sure are strange, mister. What do you mean you can't stay for long? Is it because I'm a girl? Don't you worry, I won't try anything, I promise!"

I shook my head, "Nah. It's fine. I'll just wake up in a couple of minutes." The delusion was beginning to bother me. I could feel emotions, pain, and other feelings, but it was still just a dream. Huh. Usually when I have dreams about two women, they play out differently than this.

Pinkie advanced towards me worriedly. "Wake up?" she asked. "What do you mean?" They seemed confused. Did they not realize that they weren’t real? Should I tell them? I didn’t want to mess up a conversation and risk free sex. This isn’t the first time I’ve had a lucid dream, but this is the first time I’ve had such real women before.

Princess Luna sighed, "He believes he's in a dream, Pinkie." And now they continue to talk about it. What was I supposed to do? Should I pay attention? I was supposed to have full control of my dreams, but it seemed to me that I couldn’t control anything.

The pink-haired female placed a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "How can we wake him up properly?" I knew about ten millions ways Pinkie could ‘wake me up,’ but I held my tongue in hopes that if I thought about it hard enough, it would happen.

"With a large chunk of my magic, I could probably get him to realize the reality of this situation. I would have to mix my magic with drugs, though, and that would be very costly. And it would take a large chunk of time out of the entire operation to take down Discord..." Luna trailed off. She cannot go ten minutes without mentioning Discord! Who was he again? Her fantasy man who destroyed planets? My mind drifted off, and I found myself wondering if I was supposed to best Discord in an attempt to win Luna’s heart. Although I’m assuming I would have lots of powers in my dream form, I still don’t think I can properly wield a sword.

"Wow, you actually believe you're real, don't you? You're just some hot girls I'm having a dream about!" These girls are so weird. Damn it, my dreams usually play out differently than this. I'm supposed to be soaking in a hot-tub while they prance around in bikinis, not listening to them talk about weird stuff.

Princess Luna and Pinkie blushed hotly at my insult. Ha, I got them good. Luna knows I know that this is a dream! Dumb bitch thinks she has me pegged. That's the last time I write a story before dozing off. Now I've got all these silly ideas floating around. I mean, seriously. A princess? That sounds like something from one of Lucy's stories. I began to stumble away from the two girls. Ha, I’m giving up free sex; I deserve a god damn medal!

"Wait, don't go!" the pink-haired girl cried. Wait, was she...sincere? No. She's just a figment of my imagination. I'll wake up soon…right?

"Just let me wake up!" I cried out. My legs twisted around as I pushed myself to the ground from the girl and towards the edge of the forest. I could get out, I know I could. I just had to get to the end of the forest, and then I would wake up. I would finally get out of this incredibly weird dream. "You might be incredibly hot, but I don't need this right now. I just want to wake up!"

The girl's face was crestfallen. "Please. You just need time to relax, and then everything will be okay, I promise. In fact, I Pinkie Pie promise." I froze. She…what? I’ve never, ever heard that term before. It was my dream! I was supposed to know everything that was going on. Was I…not dreaming? No! It’s not that. This is just a mistake.

I took a long look at the girl. Her sky blue eyes were innocent and heartfelt. I felt a pang of guilt push through me, but I shook it off. This was just a dream. A weird dream, but a dream nonetheless. "When can I wake up?" I asked.

"That's it! I've had just about enough!" Princess Luna shouted. Her voice lowered several octaves to become a deep and powerful voice that forced me to cover my ears.

"This is sonot hot," I complained.

The princess began to glow a purple light, and I shuddered. Suddenly, I was enveloped in the purple light, and I felt myself lose control over my body. "I can fly!" I happily shouted.

And I flew straight into a tree.

-Unknown Time: Unknown Location-

My mind was in deep, deep pain. The pain was sharp and intense, and it was located only on one part of my head. Every couples minutes or so, it would disappear, but it would reappear again quickly.

Matt, can you hear me?

I stood, frozen in fear. Where was I? I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a dark room, and my body was covered in a mellow light.

“Where am I?” I asked the voice. Normally, I would have assumed the voice was my own, but it was softer and higher.

You’re in a dream. A medicinal dream. We’ve drugged you up.

“I’m no doctor, but I’m pretty sure that’s impossible.”

Magic has its usefulness.

“I thought you said it was drugs,” I retorted.

Magically enhanced drugs, I meant to say. Now, the only way you can wake up is when you realize that you’re not in a dream.

“You just said I was in a dream.”

Right now is a dream. But that place you were just in, with Luna and Pinkie, was real. And the only way you can get out is to accept that.

“But it was just a dream! I’ve just slipped inside a coma or something.” I stomped my foot hard on the ground, irritated.

You’re stuck in here until you recognize facts, Matt. This is the real life.

“No, it’s impossible to ‘jump dimensions.’ That is against many laws of physics.”

Nothing is impossible, Matt.

“I usually hear that phrase when I’m debating religion with friends. I never did like it.”

Matt, accept it. I understand that everything might feel shaky and upsetting, but it’s okay. This is real, yes, but it’s better than Earth.

I mused over that. What if I was in an actual world? I could start anew…

A tempting off, is it not? Not to mention the powers of the sword. You’ve always dreamed of a life of adventure, Matt. Now you have your chance.

I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it soon after. The voice, whoever it was, was right. I fantasized of a life where I could be free of parents, chores, jobs, school, and be free of responsibility.

You wish to be free, you know that much. Seize your chance.

Again, I found myself unable to conquer the sapient voice. “B-but it’s scary…” I admitted.

There is no reason to be scared. You have strength. You have courage. You have will. Go out and save a universe, Matt. Be free.

So I wasn’t dreaming…

This was it.

A bright light swept around me. “Here we go,” I mumbled to myself.


-Hospital-

I awoke to find myself in a hospital bed. Pinkie was sitting in a chair just opposite of my bed. She was currently balancing a tray of cookies on her head.

“You’re awake!” she sang out.

I sighed. “I guess I am.”

The door swung open; Luna stood in its opening. “You’ve come to a realization?”

Nodding slowly, I said, “Yep. So this is really real?”

“I’m afraid so.”