• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 1,056 Views, 63 Comments

Tales of a Mighty Pirate - FoxVillain321



Guybrush Threepwood and his first mate get more then they could have ever imagined when a maelstrom shipwrecks them on an uncharted island.

  • ...
2
 63
 1,056

Chapter 1: Not Mêlée Island

“THREEPWOOD!” LeChuck shouted from the bow of the ship.

As the storm rocked the ship back and forth and lightning filled the skies, Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate™ marched his way to zombie demon ghost pirate LeChuck.

“It’s over LeChuck!” Guybrush exclaimed, brandishing a cutlass that was dripping root beer.

“Garr…I should have killed you instead left ya tied up on the Ferris wheel of doom in The Carnival of the Damned.” LeChuck snarled, pulling out his cutlass.

The two began swinging cutlasses at each other, dodging the others cutlass and clanging their cutlasses together.

“Ye be fighting like a dairy farmer, Threepwood!” LeChuck laughs, thrusting his cutlass at Guybrush.

“How appropriate…you fight like a cow!” Guybrush scoffed, dodging LeChuck’s blade and swinging his cutlass back at him.

“Captain Threepwood!”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guybrush shouted in surprise and nearly flung the Guybrush Threepwood and LeChuck figurines out the porthole of the captain’s quarters.

“Oh, it’s just you Mr. Winslow.” Guybrush breathed a sigh of relief. Guybrush looked over his first mate, Reginald Van Winslow. Reginald was wearing his green jacket and cravat with his brown leather tricorn hat upon his head. His Franz Josef style mustache seemed to give his charismatic smile more charm.

“Aye sir. I don’t mean to bother you captain, but there’s some trouble with the sails. The winches are starting to seize up. We may need to make port soon.” Winslow stated.

“Thanks, Mr. Winslow. We’ll make port as soon as we can.” Guybrush thanked his first mate.

Winslow walked back out onto the ship’s deck. Guybrush stood up from his captain’s chair and walked over to a mirror. He pointed at the lanky reflection of a pirate captain and uttered an “Eeeey” at himself. He dusted off a bit of dirt he had on his white blouse and blue jacket. He adjusted his belt around his waist, pulling his brown trousers up; keeping the trousers tucked in his light brown boots and adjusted the belt on his shoulder. He examined his blond pompadour and ponytail in the mirror along with his chin beard and blue eyes.

Guybrush looked around the captain’s quarters. Amongst the maps sprawled on the table sat his gold earrings. He put them on as he admired the mountain of loot he had just taken from his latest adventure to Moniker Island. He looked around at the memorabilia he had collected from his past adventure. He could not wait to tell Elaine about the things he saw on Moniker Island. There was a lava waterfall, a rabid, sword swinging gorilla, and a crazy man with an axe for an arm. He grinned as he stepped out of the quarters and onto the deck.

The salty air blew hard as Guybrush strode the deck of the Screaming Narwhal over to the mast. Winslow was right. The winches were beginning to rust and were barely working. Guybrush looked up to the navigator’s deck and watched as Winslow steered the ship.

“Mr. Winslow!” Guybrush shouted over the whipping winds. “What’s our location!?”

“We’re just approaching Mêlée Island, Captain Threepwood!” Winslow shouted in reply. “But these winds are making our approach rather slow!”

Guybrush ran up to the higher deck and looked out towards the island.

“Can we do anything to make us go faster!?” Guybrush asked.

“The sails are not cooperating with us, Captain! I could only open them part of the way open!” Winslow replied, struggling to keep the ship going straight.

The ship began to float backwards away from Mêlée Island. “Uh, Captain Threepwood…you may want to have a look at this.” Winslow gasped as he looked off from the back of the boat.

Guybrush looked out saw a swirling maelstrom that was pulling them ever closer to its whirling waters. “Crewmen! To your stations!” Guybrush shouted to the crew.

“Uh, what crew sir? The crew abandoned us back on Moniker Island to join the Moniker Island band.” Winslow commented.

“Oh…right…that’s what I get for recruiting a bunch of musically inclined pirates” Guybrush grumbled.

The ship started swirling around in the vortex. “Mr. Winslow! To the captain’s quarters!” Guybrush ordered.

“Aye aye, sir!” Winslow nodded, running into the ship.

“It’s a good thing I gave the quarters a good watertight seal after the whole ordeal with the giant manatee.” Guybrush said to himself.

“THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!” A familiar voice bellowed from above.

Guybrush looked up to see a small green cloud hovering about the whirlpool that Guybrush’s ship was trapped in.

“LeChuck?” Guybrush thought to himself. “No…It can’t be…” His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by water pouring into his boots. “Yipes!” cried Guybrush as he rushed back into the captain’s quarters.

The boat started to be ripped apart by the vortex. As the boat became nothing more than a sealed up captain’s quarters, it was sucked into the center of the vortex and submerged deep under water. The green cloud followed the captain’s quarters into the vortex.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the captain’s quarters floated towards an unidentified beach, Guybrush opened the door of the quarters. “Mr. Winslow! We’re alive! And I think we made it to Mêlée Island!” Guybrush shouted jovially.

“What was that, sir?” Winslow asked, knocking into Guybrush. Guybrush shouted in surprise as he fell into the water. “Oh, terribly sorry about that Captain Threepwood.” Winslow apologized.

As Guybrush swam to shore, Winslow began using one of the decorative oars to row himself to shore. Once the both of them were to shore, Guybrush pulled out a compass and a map of Mêlée Island. “Well, aside for losing my ship yet again, this is not a bad day at all. I got my booty and we made it back to Mêlée Island in one piece.” Guybrush stated.

“Um…” Winslow interrupted. “I’m sorry to cut your victory short, sir, but I don’t think this is Mêlée Island.”

“What!? What do you mean, Mr. Winslow!? We weren’t even that far from the island!” Guybrush contended.

“Nevertheless sir, this does not look like Mêlée Island. Take a look for yourself.” Winslow stated firmly, pointing out at the island.

Guybrush looked out at the island. To his surprise, Winslow was right. The place was way too colorful to be Mêlée Island. It almost felt cartoony. The bright colors slightly irritated Guybrush’s eyes. Not only that, but there wasn’t a palm tree in sight. The tree line was covered in deciduous trees. Guybrush wondered if they had somehow drifted out of the Caribbean. As Guybrush looked over the beach, he noticed a bunch of hoof prints staining the sand. “Huh, the inhabitants must use horses as a means of travel.” Guybrush assumed.

Guybrush turned his attention back to the sea. He watched as the waves brought in pieces of the Screaming Narwhal. Winslow was collecting pieces of the destroyed boat and putting them in a pile. “Don’t mind me, sir. Just gathering up whatever I can of the ship. And don’t worry about the ship, I’ll have us a way off this island and back to Mêlée Island in no time!” Winslow said cheerfully.

“Thanks Mr. Winslow, I’m glad to have you as…” Guybrush paused as he noticed a bunch of large colorful birds flying around in the distance. “Wow…whatever island we landed on, it sure has some beautiful birds.” Guybrush spoke.

“Indeed, sir. Would you like your spyglass to examine them?” He asked, taking Guybrush’s spyglass out from his inner jacket pocket. Guybrush thanked him as he took the spyglass. “You know, this island reminds me of the abandoned island I took a young lass to. She had the most luscious lips and had the biggest…”

“That’s enough information, Winslow.” Guybrush interrupted, as he looked though the spyglass at the…Guybrush shook his head and rubbed his eyes. He looked through the spyglass again. Guybrush wasn’t imagining things. “Are those…horses?” Guybrush gasped.

“Did you say something, sir?” Winslow asked, plopping down a couple planks on a pile of more planks.

Guybrush couldn’t believe his eyes. They were indeed colorful flying horses. It seemed that a purple one was being helped by a blue one with rainbow hair and a yellow one with pink hair.

“I’d hate to bother your sightseeing, sir, but could you help me find the emergency matches in the captain’s quarters?” Winslow asked.

Guybrush put away his spyglass in his pants, and walked into the captain’s quarters. The two began pulling out shelves, looking for the matches. “Any luck, Captain Threepwood?” Winslow asked, pulling out a couple more shelves.

“None…say Winslow, can I tell you something, and you won’t call me crazy?” Guybrush replied.

“I wouldn’t think of calling you crazy, sir.” Winslow stated.

“Ok…those birds weren’t birds, they were flying horses.” He said, calmly.

Winslow raised an eyebrow at Guybrush. “Captain, are you sure you haven’t been hitting the grog too hard?” Winslow asked. “AHA! Found them!”

“I swear, they were flying horses!” Guybrush defended, as they walked outside.

“Goodness me! Someone stole the planks from the ship!” Winslow exclaimed, running over to the now vacant spot. There was a trail of hoof prints leading away from the spot. “Captain Threepwood, I know this a little much to ask of you…”

“Don’t worry, Mr. Winslow. I’ll get the planks back” Guybrush comforted Winslow.

“Jolly good, sir. I’ll stay here and collect the rest of the debris around here.” Winslow stated, grabbing more pieces of driftwood.

Guybrush followed the sandy hoof prints over to the nearby forest. As Guybrush wandered into the forest, he couldn’t shake the thought of hearing LeChuck’s voice again. The last time he saw LeChuck, he was stabbed by the pirate hunter Morgan LeFlay in the spiritual realm and skewered by Elaine in the living world, destroying LeChuck. How could he be back? Even Winslow said that LeChuck was gone for good. As he thought more and more about it, he remembered that there was only one person that Guybrush knew that could have brought him back.

His train of thought was interrupted by voices coming from an opening in the forest. Guybrush listened to the voices, trying to hear what they were saying.

“…did fabulous today, Twilight!”

“Yeah, didja see her go into a dive-bomb and jet back upward? So...awesome!”

“I reckon y’all had great time, today.

“Oh…it was very fun…Twilight did some very cool moves.

“When we get back to Ponyville, we’re gonna have a party for Twilight.”

“Thanks everypony, I really appreciate all of your complements. Rainbow, could you grab another one of the pieces of wood we found and put in on the fire?”

“Sure.”

Guybrush heard the sound of clunking wood followed by a thunk. They were burning the ship! Granted Guybrush was going to take a couple planks to make a fire, but in Guybrush’s mind it wasn’t right for the inhabitants to take the wood without asking. That was stealing…which was ironic, since that is what Guybrush usually did to solve his own problems.

“Wow, the irony could cut this situation like a knife.” Guybrush mumbled to himself.

“Did you hear that?”

Guybrush bit his bottom lip. Guybrush, you idiot! He thought to himself.

“Indeed I did! It sounded like it came from over there!”

“It sounded like some pony said something.”

“OOH! Can we invite it to Twilights party?!”

“Let’s just find out what the noise was first.”

Great, what now!? Guybrush thought to himself. He had to make a split decision. He could hear the inhabitants heading this way. He thought that if he could just scare the inhabitants away, he could grab the planks and get away before they came back. Guybrush pulled his cutlass out of his pants, and wielded it. Guybrush took a deep breath, and jumped forward into the opening.

“AAARRR!! I am Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty…”

Guybrush looked around. There was nobody there. Guybrush didn’t understand. He knew he heard voices. But who said all those…

“Oh…my…” a voice came from right in front of him.

Guybrush looked down. Six small multicolored horses stared in fear at him. Guybrush looked in surprise at them.

“…Pirate?” Guybrush finished.

The small horses began screaming at him, to which Guybrush shouted and jumped backwards back out of the clearing and tripped over one of the tree roots. He scurried away on his back away from the opening.

“What in Equestria was that?!”

“I don’t know! I’ve never seen a creature like that before!”

“What in the hay do we do now?!”

“Maybe…maybe we should go tell the guards about this.”

“I say we go find this creature and force him to tell us why he thought it would be a good idea to scare us like that!”

Guybrush pushed himself back on his feet and ran back the way to Winslow. As he approached the beach, he heard a couple of large birds take off. Guybrush ran across the beach, tripping once and rolling over to Winslow.

“Aha, Captain Threepwood.” Winslow said, picking Guybrush up and brushing him off. “Were you able to procure the planks?”

“No time…horses…talking…angry…run…” Guybrush pants.

“Calm yourself, Captain! Take a deep breath and tell me what happened!” Winslow exclaimed, patting Guybrush’s shoulder.

“There’s no time!” Guybrush shouted, grabbing a plank from the new pile that Winslow had made and tried to push the captain’s quarters into the sea. “We got to get off this island before…”

“There it is!” A voice came from the sky.

Guybrush looked up and saw a blue flying horse dive-bombing him. Before Guybrush could react, the blue horse tackled him to the ground. Guybrush looked in in fear as the blue horse stood on his chest, staring him down as it growled at Guybrush.

“Captain Threepwood!” Winslow shouted.

“Yeeeeehaw!!”

Guybrush watched as Winslow was lassoed and an orange pony with a cowgirl hat began hogtying him. After the pony was finished tying him up, she walked over to Guybrush and looked down at him. As Guybrush looked back up, he now noticed six pairs of eyes staring him down.

“Uh…I’m selling these fine leather jackets?” Guybrush said as he grinned nervously.