• ...
17
 4
 996

Prologue-My Destiny

Prologue-My Destiny

A lost friend, like a missing destiny. A missing destiny, like a lost friend. I want to bring them back--mine and yours.

As I saw myself arrive at a beach-like setting in a dark landscape, I approached a hooded figure sitting on a rock.

"You're here," he said, although it's obvious. "I've seen her before. She looks a lot like you."

"Who is he?" I ask the figure.

"He was a kind person. He taught me how to create a perfect world before he left me forever."

"I meant his name."

"His name is no concern. How about you? Do you remember your true name?"

"My true name is..." I found myself struggling to remember my actual name, when I suddenly saw the lavender unicorn I keep having dreams about. I saw her with a tall white alicorn and with five other ponies.

"I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville."

I then saw the six ponies gathering for a group hug.

"All of us had a special connection before we even met."

"We've been BFFs forever and we didn't even know it!"

Next I saw the ponies confronting a strange-looking creature while wearing mysterious jewelry.

"I'll tell you what we've learned Discord. We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."

I then saw the lavender unicorn hug a white stallion before he entered a carriage.

"Twilight! None of this would've been possible without you, little sis. Love ya, Twily."

"Love you too, B.B.B.F.F."

I then saw the lavender unicorn in a starry field, with the white alicorn by her side.

"The lessons you've learned here in Ponyville have taught you well. You have proven that you're ready, Twilight."

Finally, I saw the lavender unicorn surrounded by magenta lights with a white light glowing from her very center. As she disappeared in a supernova-like light, everything became white.

***

I sat up in my bed, stretching out my back, feeling a slight crack as I did. I then thought about the dream I just had. I've been having the same dream for quite some time now and I'm wondering why. But I realized now that with the Summer Sun Celebration occurring in Canterlot, I should get a move on so I can meet up with my friends, get on the first train to Canterlot, and meet Princess Celestia for the first time ever. After making my bed, taking my shower, and brushing my mane and teeth, I galloped out of the house to meet up with my friends' hangout spot, hoping they have enough bits for the train fare.

After arriving at the hangout spot, I saw my friends Lyra Heartstrings and Derpy Hooves talking to each other, apparently not noticing me yet.

"Hello Everypony!" I said with great joy. "Are you ready to head to Canterlot for the first time ever?"

They were still talking to each other, but didn't hear a single word.

"Did you hear me?" I asked again. "Are you ready to go to Canterlot and meet Princess Celestia?

Still no answer.

"Hey, it's me, Moondancer!" I yelled. "I'm ready to go the capital of Equestria!"

Despite raising my voice a little, I still didn't get their attention. After that, I started to get the feeling I was getting the cold shoulder. I approached Derpy, being the most clueless, and decided to get her attention by slapping her. I did so, but my hoof just went through her, like a ghost. I suddenly began to freak out, because I've known them ever since I came to Ponyville.

"This is an illusion," said a mysterious voice. "A fantasy created to satisfy your own delusion." A flash of white light came over me, and when it faded, I saw myself within a stone room with nothing but torches and a door that I wasn't able to open when I realized that I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Before me was a strange creature, with each body part composed of a different animal, which I learned from my studies at Ponyville Elementary was a draconequus.

"Who are you?" I asked. I was still confused and needed to know answers.

"C'mon. Don't pretend you don't know who I am."

"Actually, I don't."

"Discord? Your best friend? We used to work together in Organization XIII? Had sea-salt ice cream together after work?"

I began to suspect the name Discord sounded familiar, and that's when it all came flooding back to me: I was a Nopony with the special ability to wield a magical key-like weapon known as a Keyblade, and I worked with Discord to collect hearts for Organization XIII and gather them into one heart: Kingdom Hearts. During our time with the Organization, we were best friends and had sea-salt ice cream after work. But something happened that made me realize I was set up from the start. I started having these recurring dreams about a mysterious lavender unicorn named Twilight Sparkle and how she may be connected in someway to me and my Keyblade, but realized that the Organization was getting in my way, Discord included, and left them as a result. With my regained knowledge, I summoned my two Keyblades, Oathkeeper and Oblivion and confronted him.

"Why are you here? Why won't you give me the answers that I'm looking for?

"Moondancer, I'm not here to fight you."

"Then tell me this: Who is Twilight Sparkle and why does she involve me?"

He didn't respond to my answer. What the hell is wrong with him? If we used to be friends with each other, why won't he give me a simple answer? As I was about to charge at him, another flash of light filled the room. I thought he was trying to escape, but when the light faded again, I saw it was Princess Celestia and she was now facing Discord.

"Discord, stay right where you are!" said the Princess in a tone unnatural to even her. "I'm not letting you harm another pony, not after what you did to me moons ago!"

"Your highness, it's not what you think," said Discord.

"I'm sorry, Discord, but as Princess of Equestria, I hereby charge you with high treason and will be imprisioned in stone from now until the end of Equestria."

As the Princess was about to trap Discord, Discord placed his lion paw on her head and stared deep into her eyes.

"Look into my eyes," he said. "And look into the falsehood of your perceived lies."

As he let go of Celestia, she looked at him and something happened that surprised even me. Her eyes welled up with tears and hugged Discord.

"I'm sorry, Discord," she wept. "So, so sorry."

"It's alright, Celestia," assured Discord. "You know that Xehanort and his apprentice Vanitas have caused too many a tragedy for all of us."

The Princess wiped her eyes as she continued to speak.

"But you're not safe here. Twilight and her friends are ready to destroy you should you show your face here again."

"So what should I do?"

"You must hide away until I have a chance to convince them that you were innocent the entire time."

"Thank you for giving me one more chance."

"No problem. Now go."

With a snap of his fingers, Discord vanished in a flash of light. When the Princess turned to face me, I did the most respective thing and bowed to her.

"It's an honor to meet you at last, Princess Celestia," I said to her. I realized it was the worst thing to say, given what just happened there, but I have to be respectful to royalty.

"The pleasure's all mine," said the Princess. "But time is of the essence. Vanitas is about to launch his plans soon, and there's just one more thing you have to do."

With a glow of her horn, I was instantly taken to a darkened room filled with several shelves filled with books.

"Where are we?"

"This is the Golden Oaks Library, the home to Twilight Sparkle. Come, I'll take you to her."

I followed her up a set of stairs, which were completely darkened, and up to a room containing more books but further up saw a little bed containing a baby dragon who I know from Twilight's memories as Spike, and across from his bed is the bed containing the pony I was looking for, the lavender unicorn sleeping peacefully in her bed, Twilight Sparkle.

"This is Twilight Sparkle?"

"You were looking for her this whole time?"

"Yeah, I was told back when I was with the Organization that I came from somepony, but I'm glad I finally met the smartest and most talented unicorn after all this time."

"Oh, about that..."

With a glow of her horn, Celestia lifted up Twilight's blanket, being careful not to accidentally wake up the sleeping mare. I suddenly felt a shock when I realized that what I saw on her were actual feathered wings. She's an alicorn!

"How did she become an alicorn?"

"She solved an unfinished spell of Star Swirl the Bearded with her deep understanding of friendship and has since been crowned Equestria's newest princess."

I looked at myself and I still had my horn, but no wings.

"But how am I, a Nopony, a unicorn when Twilight's an alicorn?"

"You were created before Twilight's ascension. But don't you worry, you'll experience it soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Vanitas is about to launch his most tragic plan yet, one that may mean the end of the Realm of Light. Twilight will need all the power she can get, and you already have half of that power."

My eyes began to tear up when she mentioned this.

"You mean..."

"Yes, you must give Twilight your power, but as a result, you'll disappear as you merge back with her, because all of your memories, all of your experiences, all belong to her, because you're a Nopony."

I rushed to the Princess and burrowed my muzzle deep within her chest as I tried to cry as quietly as I could so as to not awaken Twilight by mistake. Once I was done sobbing, I wiped my eyes and continued to speak.

"I understand that I'm a Nopony and that I'm an independent extension of Twilight, but I also understand that I must sacrifice what I can in order to help her stop Vanitas."

"Don't worry, Moondancer. You'll still live on in Twilight herself."

Celestia started to walk away from me.

"There's five minutes before I have to raise the sun, when the first rays of the sun touch you, you'll merge back with Twilight. I'll give you two some time alone."

As she left the bedroom, I saw a flash, meaning she teleported back to Canterlot. I then looked back at Twilight again and saw her beautiful wings and after seeing pictures of her with her friends, I realized she was lucky to become an alicorn princess. As I saw the redish light from the sun, I shed a tear as I looked back at her for the final time as I began to feel light.

"You're a lucky one, Princess Twilight Sparkle. "It looks as though my summer vacation...is over."

Author's Note:

Oh Holy Celestia, finally I got this first one done. Hopefully, I can keep up this pace with the rest of this story and all my other stories.

Comments ( 4 )
Comment posted by Reeve deleted Apr 20th, 2014
Comment posted by Mr Ignorable deleted Apr 20th, 2014
Reeve #3 · Apr 20th, 2014 · · 2 ·

Wow, it took longer than I thought, but the author didn't disappoint... like he always does by writing these stories

Awesome combining MLP with Kingdom Hearts 2 I look forward to how this story progresses I can't wait for further Chapters:raritystarry::twilightsmile::pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment