• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 5,908 Views, 504 Comments

Blood Curse Boutique - Rarity Belle



With the discovery of herself being a vampony, will Rarity be able to keep her personality high or will she fall into the madness of her own mind? What followed her ever since a stormy night, was a life of deception and blood being spilled.

  • ...
40
 504
 5,908

PreviousChapters Next
27 A beast unleashed

The hat wearing pony had found itself standing before the boutique of Rarity and she let out a gentle chuckle at the rather, miserable, sight that was being made before it. “So this, is the home of the Joker?” it spoke in a voice which the other mare would know all too well, if not a little bit too. The tone itself was a cynical one which wasn't all too hard to miss to begin with. The pony made no time to go to waste and took a walk around the building in the pouring rain. Safety wasn't much of its concern, as most ponies wanted to stay inside their warm and cosy homes but the pony wanted to know the structure of the building nonetheless.

“Hmm, not exactly what Trixie had expected from a thing as she had heard about, but it won’t matter anyway. For once she gets her way, the debt shall be taken,” the cloaked pony said with a huff. She found herself back at the door in front of the building. There was a deep breath to be taken in order to get into the act that needed to be played and knocked rather loudly on it. And then it was waiting, waiting for any form of response that would possibly come.

~~~~

In the bedroom of the boutique had Rarity opened her eyes and wiped away her tears before she hoisted herself out of bed. In a careful trot she made her way down the stairs as the knock did its turn again on the door. “Yes, yes! I am coming alright!” she spoke from the stairs loud enough so that her visitor would have heard it. Her mood was not the most pleasant to start with and it would only go even more down the drain with time.

When Rarity did open the door, the reaction on her face appeared like she had seen a ghost. It changed lightning fast from irritated to downright baffled. The head of the mysterious pony before her rose itself up to meet their eye levels. The motion revealed the dark gray violet rims it had as the rain that dripped off of her hat. “What are you doing back here, court jester?” spoke Rarity towards her in an angry manner. A mere second worth of looking was more than enough for the ivory coated unicorn to know exactly just who the pony before her was and she wasn't happy about it in the slightest.

“Trixie doesn't require much from the Joker, all she needs is a little bit of help.” Trixie spoke up as she glared into the eyes of the unicorn with a near death stare.

Joker? That is the best insult you can bring upon me? Some kind of crazy villain out of a Mare-Do-Well comic? Hmph, you are still as weak as ever when it comes to that,” replied Rarity under a huff of annoyance. With everything that happened so far, having Trixie at her doorstep was about one of the last things that she needed to have. The worst part was the fact that she had to deal with the crazed mare as well. Her day had only gotten better with each passing minute.

“Well excuse me, princess. But may Trixie come in for shelter from this terrible storm?” the other mare replied. Though she had already set a hoof strategically inside. One that would block the door if Rarity decided to just flat out close it before her nose.

Though being the lady she was, Rarity couldn't just let her stand outside. Even though the two had a growing hate towards each other thanks to their pasts, she just couldn't leave her ladylike side behind with the clop of a hoof. She did the only thing that was reasonable for her in the situation. She just made way for the magician to enter her beloved home. A thing she rather didn't do too starts with.

“Would you be so kind to show Trixie where the Joker keeps her hatstand?” said Trixie up in a teasing tone. “And thank you.”

“You are welcome,” replied Rarity in return as she pointed to the hatstand with a hoof on her right and Trixie’s left. The vampiric mare turned her attention back to the outside world and mumbled some words under her breath. One last glare was given to the skies above her and then she just closed the door again. Rarity turned herself around and made her way over to the living room with her horn charged up. All of the curtains started to open themselves as the sun was nowhere to be seen and she wasn't in the mood to light up the candles.

Trixie took off her hat and cloak which both got hung on the hatstand which then revealed the true shape of her mane and she followed Rarity into the living room with a smirk on her face. “Words have it that you have changed over the course of time,” she spoke while Rarity found herself standing by one of the windows, looking outside once more. “And... renovated?” was added with haste when the eyes of the magician fell on the broken vase. Trixie might not be remembering it - or not as well - but Rarity remembered their encounter as if it was the day before. An unpleasant experience it was for her to say the least.

“That was an unfortunate accident,” was Rarity’s first replied before she turned her head back around. And only after Trixie had fallen again in her field of view did she continue on with her words. “Who said it was me that changed? Maybe it has been the world that changed more than you think, jester.”

There was a faint smirk formed to form itself on the face of Trixie. A smirk that caused Rarity to question a couple things about her arrival to begin with. “Why have you even come here, especially today of all days? It’s storming like mad out there,” she asked in a genuine interested tone.

“Hmhmhm, Trixie needs to be sure of a couple things. A couple things of which Trixie is sure you are the perfect mare to help her with,” the other unicorn answered. “Thunder, rain, wind, it doesn’t matter to Trixie at all.” She stuck out her neck and gave Rarity the chance to gaze over it. She let her look once more over the bite marks and healed skin that were to be seen.

The vampiric unicorn knew of course right away just what they were. Though she decided to play stupid and pray that she would fall for it. If all of that failed, she could place the blame on another race. “I, I don’t know how I will be able to help you out with any medical attention, explain yourself further please,” she said in response. Her entire body turned itself around and she let herself lean against the wall of the window, giving off a wondering look towards the other mare.

“Trixie doesn't need medical attention. Don't you remember it then? That it was you who did this to Trixie?” the mare replied while the grin got even wider. Apparently she did remember the encounter as well as Rarity did, which was a dangerous combination for the both of them.

“Me? I am sorry, but are you crazy? What is next, you fighting off a pack of timberwolves just like that?” said Rarity in a deep chuckle towards her. “You sure it wasn't a changeling that appeared to be me and that had drained you? You know how vicious they have gotten after the wedding, right?”

Trixie heard the words spoken by her but she didn't gave them any heed. For she was already charging up her horn and other unicorn saw it coming. In her mind she had started to weigh out the odds against a beam to beam battle against her. She knew that Trixie wasn't the most skilled unicorn when it came to magic and thus she had a chance of winning. Though the problem was that Rarity herself knew little to no magic. A problem that would become a high price to pay.

~~~~

Without any second thought on her mind, had Rarity moved out of her relaxing pose and charged up her own horn. Trixie kept her eyes peeled on the ivory unicorn and she knew it would be an easy battle. But looks always had been deceiving when it came to the seamstress. “Fire!” they both shouted at the same time and released the charges of their horn.

The magic that was released forged themselves into beams which clashed against each other in the middle. A middle where a sphere was starting to create itself. The ivory unicorn placed herself a bit better for the casting as Trixie dared to close in the gap between them by taking a step forward. “Trixie will always be the far more superior mage, tailor,” the magician spoke up with a confident tone in her voice.

“Rather a tailor then a failed circus act!” replied Rarity before adding more power to her own beam. The words spoken caused a rage feeling deep inside the other unicorn mare and she began to increase the amount of magic in her own horn. With all the power output did Rarity struggle on keeping her wings around her body and they were trembling to just spread themselves out in their full glory. It was a risky plan, but she didn't dare to do it.

“You take that back..!” growled Trixie before she gave her own eyes the time to look passed the sphere and towards the ‘nightgown’ of Rarity. Almost right away she saw through the deceptive looks and spoke the last word of her sentence. “...Vampony.”

That single word was enough for the ivory coated unicorn to literally lose all of her balance that was required for the spell. And within a second she took the full hit of Trixie’s beam to the face and neck. Rarity got sent against the wall and hit her head against the windowsill before her body dropped itself on the ground.

“So it is true then, Trixie always knew the truth behind you,” the other unicorn replied as she discharged her horn and blew away the smoke from it like it was nothing. “My revenge against you shall be a lot better than the blood you took from me.”

“You don’t, understand...” Rarity managed to say. With all her might had she crawled back up on all four of her hooves. “You don’t, bloody understand, anything.”

“What is there to understand, Joker? The fact you drain the very blood from others?” Trixie questioned before she turned herself around and faced the archway that led to the shop area. “The Great and Powerful Trixie, vampony slayer. Yes, Trixie likes that title,” she added in a cocky voice. A grin formed itself on her face that was more menacing than the last. Her eyes closed themselves while her fantasies were given the free range to consume her mind.

It was in that moment that the vampiric unicorn saw her chance clean to make her counter attack. “I don’t think so..!” Rarity whispered to herself. Her horn charged itself up almost in silence and one of the books on the bookshelf gained the aura as well. Before Trixie could even react to what was going on, it was the seamstress who had flung the thick dictionary against the head of the magician. Due to the impact that was received, it was her turn to fall to the ground.

~~~~

Rarity made her way up to her under a heavy breathing. Her eyes turned themselves over from the sapphire blue coloring over to the red one. “Night, night,” she spoke in a tone that just spoke cruelty and looked the mare deep within her violet eyes. And then she jammed the book once again on the head of Trixie, hard enough to knock her out cold.

With the blacked out mare who literally accused her from the being what she was, there were many guesses of just how she was able to discover the truth behind her. But time wasn't on her side as had to get rid of the unconscious body. In the moment of time did she do the only thing that she could think off. Which happened to be dragging the body over to the backdoor of the boutique.

Rarity dragged the body through the working area before she reached the desired door. With her eyes she peeked gently through the windows it had in the hope to see not a single soul. There was truly a lot she had to thank to the storm, because there wasn't any living soul out there and she opened the door. Then the body of the unicorn was just dumped out on the street that walked behind the boutique. Rarity turned herself back around and then disappeared for about ten seconds. When she did return, she threw the attire after it soon afterward.

The cloak landed over the body of the blacked out mare whereas the hat landed in front of her. Trixie was literally left in the dirt but Rarity could be caring less for it. For it was that mare who had discovered the truth behind her and was unconscious. In her mind was the problem solved and with the storm raging on so nopony dared to leave their homes for anything. And the final nail in the coffin was the fact that she laid in a manner as if she had passed out from having too much drinks.

~~~~

The afternoon rainstorm was still rampaging over the land and didn’t seemed to know an end. Ponies from all over town left their jobs in order to be with their loved ones for a relaxing late afternoon, evening and night. The sun which stood high above the dark clouds started to make its way towards Canterlot faster and faster before it disappeared behind the majestic hills of the towering castle. The final rays of the sun could be seen before the wonderful and by some feared moon slowly did its turn again as the darkness took hold of the world.

Ponies that would pass the boutique on a daily base didn't even look up anymore from its changed appearance. Though they never left wondering just how it could have happened. But none had the courage to just knock on the door and ask the why's. Which the mare of the house found both relaxing and saddening at the same time but she had gotten used to it over time. And just having fought of Trixie out of her home, rest was all that what she needed on the already dreadful day.

At first there was of course Spike who broke into her home and she broke his heart in return. He got followed up the nameable arch nemesis of Twilight who had seen through her disguise and she got hit by the powerful beam that Trixie was able to cast. Something that had severely weakened her for certain. So a rest was what she truly desired and in order to get it, Rarity laid down on her sofa with her eyes closed. Her breathing was gentle but the exhaustion could be heard within it while her magic reserves were starting to refill themselves again.

Yet what was most surprising was the fact that none of the passing by souls as much as looked over to the body of Trixie. None of them seemed to be willing to walk over to her, if they even saw her that was. For the back road behind the building was one not used by many ponies to begin with.

~~~~

Hours went passed by like it was nothing and time found itself then at the point of the late evening and early hours of the night. It was then that the red eyes of the unicorn showed themselves once again as her thirst was killing her. She needed to feed again and had to do it soon. But she had not forgotten what happened that day as she hoisted herself up and sat up on the sofa. “No, no you don’t. You will not feed of anything tonight,” she said to herself and took a deep inhale before continuing on with her words. “You, just, don’t...”

She made it as a promise to herself, a promise that would have deadly consequences as a starving vampony was even more lethal than just a thirsty one. Consequences she would find out through the hard way as the night will pass on. For time itself stopped for nothing and nopony.

Rarity left the sofa and walked out of the room. She passed the hallway which housed the stairs and her ears were given another listen to the play of the pouring water hitting the many windows of the building. She went straight through the shop area and headed into her working area. With a little charge there were some of the candles that got lit in order to see what she was going to do. But also to reveal the glory that was her honored work as a dressmaker and tailor.

Her horn kept itself charged with a graceful aura as sewing equipment and fabric were starting to levitate themselves as she moved her body into the middle of the room to perform a well-known ritual for her. The art of the dress had she called it and it was a magnificent sight to behold. But also something that would take her mind off the matters of the day. To fully relax her mind and body from her vampiric needs and earthly desires.

The unicorn rose up on her hindlegs which got placed close against one another. Her eyes were shut from the world in order for her to concentrate even deeper as he fore legs spread open and moved to either side of her, making her look like a cross that stood on the ground. Her horn was still charged up lightly and the power that was flowing within it, would only become more and more.

The hum of power was starting to dominate the natural silence of the room and even became a louder sound than the very rain that ticked against the windows. But the hum of power was about to mix itself with a hum of the mare as faint notes did their turn through her mouth. Her wings uncurled themselves with care. Though only to reveal an both amazing yet horrifying sight to behold within the light of her blue aura and the orange flames.

In time did the magical blue aura of the unicorn became stronger and stronger around the pieces of fabric and sewing equipment as they started to dance in symphony with each other. It was then that the true magic that was flowing through her body got released into the outside world. For the fabric got snipped to pieces, sewed back together and literally being mold into the desired shape that Rarity had before her eyes and in her mind.

More of the musical and magical humming did its turn through the room before some of the mannequins got levitated and danced the waltz with one another as a smile formed on the mare her face. “~And that’s the art of the dress~” she sung to herself in a sweet sounding voice. Rarity had truly enjoyed the moments she was having with herself. For in her eyes, that was her element, her life and above all: her destiny. A wonderful and magical moment that wasn’t being witnessed by many outside of family and friends.

~~~~

But just when she thought that nothing could go wrong any more for the night, there was a shock of pain which went through her body and as a result, wings tucked themselves in forcefully while she dropped back on all four of her legs. The shock also cut off her magic connection to everything within a second. Gone was the magical moment of serine calm and peace.

All the things that were levitated in the air came rushing down at the speed gravity could pull it as she shook her head to keep her consciousness. Her right forehoof made gentle contact with her forehead under a soft moan. The heavy pounding could be felt within it, within her skull to be exact. “What in the wide, world..?” she mumbled to herself. Her eyes opened themselves to see just the mess that was created from that single drop.

Mannequins could be seen laying together on the ground while unfinished products covered them or were doing the same. “For the love of everything... How, could this have happened?” Rarity wondered herself out loud. Never in her life had she managed to make such a catastrophe from her working area. Something had caused her to make such a mess of the place. Something had caused her to lose her focus. Where it originated from? She would have loved to know.

But just as she questioned herself that, there was another shock that went through her body. And just then the reality kicked back in and Rarity realized just how thirsty she had become over the hours she was working. Though she was either brave, or very stupid to not give into the thirst at that point in time. She had made the promise to herself and she was not even willing to go out and hunt for fresh blood. All because of the dreadful events from the terribly long day.

Rarity did the only thing she thought that was logical to do, and that was nothing else but run. Run for her room and lock herself in to keep the upcoming damage to a minimum. Then her mind managed to kick in at the thought. For her room had many windows that could easily be broken by the brute force, a force that the unicorn did possess if she wanted too. Rarity shook her head at the plan before she galloped over to a door by the stairs, knowing the only place she could be safe.

~~~~

That place happened to be the very basement of the boutique. Not even a second was wasted as the mare opened the door that led to it and walked down the stone, spiraling stairs. After a few steps she stopped and both closed and locked the door with a spell that was taught by her mother. She knew that it would work and not fail under any given circumstances. A spell that would lock her up in the room in order to prevent any major damage to happen to anything and anypony.

With the magical lock set upon the door, gave the mare a nod. Rarity herself decently comfortable in the clean and emptied basement. With her horn charged was it the magical aura that was the only source of light among the darkness. The blue glow of the aura illuminated quite the bit of space as a deep sigh left her nostrils. “So, here we are then, once again,” the mare muttered to herself. Of course she knew what had happened in that room, all that time ago.

Time appeared to have come to a standstill down there after her last visit as nothing had been changed due to her not even coming there as often as she should have been. The sounds of the fires that were raging in the boiler could be heard clear as it could be as the weak smell of burned meat still found itself in the room.

But it was the smell, or better said this stench of burned pony flesh, that caused Rarity to lose her mind as a whole. As soon as it entered her nose and got processed by her brain got everything within her body knocked back to its primal mode. All of her desires left her body and she was only wanting to feed from anything possible. Dead or alive, hunt or no hunt, friend or enemy, loved one or family. It didn't matter to her as long as she got what she wanted so badly.

A roar of pure primal power left her mouth before her wings spread themselves ever so slowly yet intimidating from around her body. The shadow she cast was one that was rather avoided by any living creature as the magical blue aura disappeared from the horn, only leaving the red irises clearly visible. That, combined with the orange outline of her as the fires of the boiler raged on behind her made her look like the queen of Tartarus. The comparison was drawn even further with the pose she had assumed.

“Hunger... Thirst,” she brought out in a crazed undertone as she made her way back over to the door. Though when she galloped up the stone stairs, she was blocked by the wooden door. And it was said that every action had an equal and opposite reaction. The action was that she walked into the door but given how it as an unmovable object - not to mention the lock she put on it - was the reaction that she bounced off from it and rolled down the stairs only to land face flat against the floor of the basement.

The mare found herself back on the floor before there was a growl that left her. She crawled back on her hooves and her eyes made the dreaded transition from their blue coloring, into the red ones. The beast hadn’t been released within her mind alone, but it caused through her body as well. It had taken its full control over the unicorn and she released a roar towards the spell protected door.

~~~~

On the other end was her cast spell was a success. It indeed prevented her from going out but her current primal state prevented her mind from remembering the facts as they were. And after the roar she started to flap her wings like never before. And for the very first time ever since her last practice, Rarity attempted to fly again. With her dreaded red eyes she looked over up to the spiraling stairs and to the invisible locked door with another growl. One way or the other, she would find a way to get out of her hold.

She didn't gave one bit about the barricade that was put up for she would feed, somehow. Rarity was just flying a little around by then and it made her getting much more used to the wings as they were intended for the purpose of flight. With her sick mind she enjoyed the newly gained points of view while she used the shadows that naturally were cast in the basement to her own advantage.

Hidden among them, within the basement that was lit by just one source of light was she right in her element of being nothing else but a vampony. The unicorn of grace did a couple aerial assaults on imaginary targets before she bit their ‘necks’ in a violent way to drain. Only to have murdered her imaginary victims in the most horrifying ways afterwards.

Though every time she was done with pretending to feed from their blood, her head rose itself up to the ceiling before there was something released within the air. A powerful roar of the purest moments of delight was what left her. But also one that indulged nothing but true fear for anypony that could hear it. A thing which wasn't the case for her luckily.

The normally always so graceful and elegant lady was by then nothing more than what vamponies of old always had been according to the books of ancient times. Mindless monsters that were only out to feed on the blood of the living in order to keep existing themselves. Like the parasites or leeches that they truly were.

Luck found itself on her side once again for the fact that nopony could hear her actions. That was due to the basement being safely hidden under the ground and it didn't had any windows whatsoever. Sweetie Belle happened to be staying by her parents and nopony would ever come to her door. Rarity had all the time and freedom to rage and rant all she wanted. That was before the unavoidable luckily happened.

~~~~

While the night turned into the day and every pony woke up and went to do that what they always did, Rarity still found herself rampaging through the basement of the building in the fullest of forces. It was only when the sun had set once again did her anger became lower and her instincts becoming less. For the whole of the day she had been going on with her pointless rage of hunger for blood.

For the whole day had she been rampaging through the basement of her boutique. She had been attacking imaginary targets, seducing them to the point of no return and even went far enough to lick her body clean with her tongue like a cat. Bored was the right word for her current state of mind and it was that that caused her primal instincts to lose their power.

Because as they got less and less powerful with time and lost their hold upon her, the real Rarity became more aware of the situation again. The unicorn also realized that she was hovering with her wings near the ceiling of the basement for whatever reason that might have been. But where her primal form knew exactly what to do and her able to tolerate the pain, her regular self didn't.

Time didn't had to progress long anyway before she was flapping her wings in the most oddest of ways which resulted in her just plummeting down back to the floor of the basement, hitting the floor with her precious behind.

“Ouch!” Rarity yelped gently before she got back up on her hooves while using the wings to gently rub the sore area. “Not where I expected to end up, to begin with...” Her eyes gazed upon the stone staircase as she found it time, time to give in to her needs. “Suppose it’s better than the damage that could have been done, though.”

The time for somepony to bleed because of her fangs had come once again, whether she liked it or not. For no one could ever have defied the nature of the creature.

PreviousChapters Next