• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 5,332 Views, 140 Comments

triple dog - Ezrienel



Six young girls engage in a risky game of dares, with a pile of valuables at stake and a shaved head for anyone who fails. Based on the movie of the same name. AppleDash, FlutterMac.

  • ...
21
 140
 5,332

Beds and Bridges

7. Beds and Bridges

"Come on, just trust me for, like, a second, okay?" Rainbow Dash said to the guy at the end of her arm as she pulled him through the crowd towards her destination. His expression was rather concerned and worried, as he knew better than to take Rainbow Dash at face value.

"Um, you show up late to the party after making a scene, find me, grab me, drag me through a crowd into this isolated part of the house, and I'm supposed to just follow silently?" Soarin asked while he raised an eyebrow, rather uncomfortable with the situation, "I don't mean to be rude, Dash, but if you're trying to get me alone I have to say that I—"

"What? No, ew," She scoffed obnoxiously as she let his arm go, disgusted by the thought of what he might have been about to say, "Trust me, you're not my type. Just, you'll thank me later, okay?"

"Okay, but where are we—" Rainbow Dash tripped him a bit and shoved him back, abandoning him in the middle of the vacant hall as she went to get into position. "Dash?! Where'd you go?"

"Wait there!" Her voice called back from somewhere he could not locate, and she slipped into the entrance of a dimly lit room. The lighting was poor but perfect, and the music from the rest of the party drifted softly into the space. Rainbow Dash ran into Applejack sitting alone on the bed, looking into her clasped hands as they rested on her lap, "Hey you. You ready?"

"I," Applejack chewed at her cheek as she thought about it, but managed to look up at her best friend despite her uneasiness, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Great, he's waiting down the hall." Rainbow Dash grabbed her hands and pulled her best friend to her feet, adjusting the hat on her head and the collar of her shirt, playing with the buttons like she thought about undoing more, "You'll be fine. Relax, okay?"

"I'll try," Applejack murmured as she watched her friend's hand move over her clothing, silently begging her to do more instead of forcing her into something like this. But still, she knew that there was little else she could do but follow the instructions and leave the room, pushing the hanging beads out of the doorway like they were stuck several decades in the past.

"Good luck!" Rainbow called after her friend as she began to look around, checking under the bed and behind an object or two, "Hey, where are you guys?"

"Over here! Hurry up!" Twilight's voice whispered quietly as she emerged from the closet and gestured for Rainbow Dash to get over to her.

Rainbow Dash cleared the room in a matter of seconds and closed the closet door behind her, peeking out through the few cracks that allowed light to come in. She could see Rarity and Pinkie Pie signal at them from the door to an ensuite bathroom, and flashed them a thumbs up between the doors as she made room for the camera. Taking it from the wobbly hands of Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash pushed the lens of the video camera through the crack in the closet doors and tested the view range, smiling as it pleased her.

"We're going to record it?!" Twilight Sparkle whispered in shock from behind Rainbow Dash in the closet.

"Duh, we have to, that's the game." Rainbow Dash said in an obvious tone, looking at the lighting in the screen and biting at her lips, "Besides, it might be hot."

"You're disgusting." Twilight murmured dully as she crossed her arms, "You'll watch your best friend giving a guy a good time?"

"Not exactly, I said she had to let someone get to it with her, so I'm hoping she's the one to receive." Rainbow Dash could not stop grinning as she said that, and Twilight made a very dissatisfied noise.

"How is that better?!" She called loudly in an attempt at a whisper, "Well, I am not going to watch."

"Suit yourself." Rainbow shrugged as she leaned out to look by the door, where Applejack and Soarin had not entered from yet.

"Um, I feel like I've been spending a lot of time in closets tonight." Fluttershy pointed out, but no one had time to reply as they heard footsteps approaching. Rainbow Dash shushed them loudly and leaned closer against the closet door, her eyes gleaming in the darkness eagerly.

"I don't really understand." Soarin's voice breached the room as Applejack led him in, though she kept her hands entirely to herself and her eyes low all the while.

"Um, Rainbow, Rainbow told me that you kinda, that you liked me a bit." Applejack fumbled for words, not really caring if it embarrassed him or anything. He tried to get a good look at her expression, but she avoided him and went to sit on the end of the bed instead.

He smirked a bit as he followed, rubbing the back of his head though he was careful not to mess up his perfectly styled hair, "Was I so obvious?"

"I dunno." Applejack distantly responded, playing with her hands in her lap and digging her boots into the carpet. She really had no idea what to say, and so she chewed on her cheek instead, something that Rainbow Dash found just charming, so she zoomed in on it.

"I do." Apparently Rainbow was not the only one who thought it was adorable, because Soarin came right over and sat real close to her, putting his hand over both of hers. "I like you more than just a bit, Applejack."

"Oh." She did not sound particularly pleased, but she tried not to be rude either. She was rather uneasy and confused, honestly.

"Now," Soarin pulled her a little closer and touched her chin, pointing her eyes up to meet his as he spoke, "Something tells me you didn't get Rainbow Dash to drag me down here for nothing."

"I uh," She swallowed as she looked into his eyes. He certainly was attractive, she could not deny it, and he smelled of musk and masculinity, something that charmed her so. "No, I reckon I didn't."

"Listen, I know you're not the kind of girl who hooks up with a lot of guys," He said as his hand trailed down her body, feeling her waist as he went down, and giving her an odd sensation of attention she wasn't sure she disliked, "I like that about you."

"Y'do?" Applejack's voice was small and meek as he mesmerized her with sensual touches she had not felt before, trailing down her thigh and resting on her leg.

"I really do. In fact, I like a lot of things about you." Soarin smiled as their eyes met, and he noticed the flushing in her freckled cheeks. He leaned in a bit as if to kiss her, but she pulled away and kept the conversation, though it was difficult not to give in to the sensations.

"Like what?" Applejack halted him a mere inch away, her smile sheepish and nervous, "I don't mean to pry or nothin', but, indulge me."

"Of course." He was pleased by her resistance, always finding himself aroused by the chase and the challenge. He moved his hands in her lap and took her hand in his own. "I like your fingers," He brought them to his lips and kissed them, the moisture of his lips remaining on each knuckle as he moved up, "They're strong, they're hard-working. They know how to hold tools."

Rainbow Dash bit back a snicker as she realized the double meaning of the words, though she knew Applejack would not notice. Besides, she seemed too hypnotized to do much more than stare blankly at the man who pursued her anyway, though Rainbow Dash knew that was for the best. Even Twilight could not keep herself from watching the spectacle, and leaned a bit to the left to get a better view. Soarin released Applejack's hand and touched her hips, slipping almost a fraction too far back as he perused them.

"I like your hips," His eyes leered at her hungrily, though his words were smooth, "Perfectly shaped, and the way they sway about when you walk, it's very sexy."

"I-It is?" Applejack found herself leaning into the embrace as her body began to heat up, but something was still holding her back, something was very uncomfortable about all of it.

"I like your shoulders," His hands slid up her body teasingly slowly, and some of the girls hiding were just as attentive even without the remarkably enticing touch, "Broad, defined, and firm." His eyes, however, were elsewhere on her chest, and it was somewhat flattering for Applejack for someone to look at her that way and have it not be a prank.

"Holy shit," Twilight muttered as she watched on in the screen in Rainbow's shaking hands, finding it easier to see, though she noticed the way Rainbow lingered on her friend's body even more than Soarin did.

"I like your cheeks," His hands made their way to her face as a grin emerged, and he rubbed his thumbs over the flushed area, "Tanned and freckled, and right now, adorably tinted with natural blush."

"I—I," Applejack's lips quivered under the attention, and rational thought escaped her.

"And though we have not been formally introduced," Applejack's eyes slammed into his in the dull lighting, and she gawked at his half-lidded gaze as he inched nearer, his fingers slipping behind her head. He licked his mouth before the words came out, and they emerged in a deep and sonorous tone as he went to close the distance, "I'm certain I will love your lips."

His eyes closed up as he made to kiss her, pressing himself against her body as he did. Taking in a sharp and anxious breath, Applejack turned her head at the last second, and Soarin's lips pressed against her cheek instead. Her eyes darted around nervously, as he chuckled against her skin, the sensation oddly pleasurable. He took it as a challenge and continued kissing her cheek, trailing down to her chin as his hands manoeuvred over her body.

Applejack hummed lightly as his lips touched her neck, but her face contorted worriedly, nervous about what these actions intended. He sucked at the skin a bit but continued down to her collar bone, her pulled open shirt permitting the access. His hands ran behind her back and pressed her chest against his, feeling the heat of her skin radiating to his every intrusion. Applejack's hands were still though, uncertain or unwilling to touch him as he pleased.

Rainbow Dash watched on with wide eyes, the camera in her grip trembling as she squeezed it. Her lips hurt from the way she had been biting at them and rubbing them together, but still she let it go on, let this man touch her best friend and turn her on. Rainbow Dash found herself constantly criticizing Soarin's moves. She knew Applejack better than he did, it wasn't fair that he was just fumbling around with her like that. He should have touched her better, kissed her longer, stroked her and embraced her like she deserved.

"Rainbow, are you okay?" Fluttershy's voice would go unheard and forgotten.

Rainbow's eyes moved from the screen to the reality of the situation, leaving the camera to drift a bit. In the dim pixels of the screen in her hands, Applejack closed her eyes as the feelings became more intense and she wanted to just fall into them, to ignore the protests of her mind and heart for the sake of a dare and a possibly enjoyable experience. Her fingers and palms touched his shoulder, but she did not like the way he felt, so big and intimidating.

"I'm glad you came tonight." His voice rolled over her skin as his knee slipped between hers, causing her to jump a bit. All the affections were tantalizing though, and she physically loved the way the touches felt on her body, "You were beginning to worry me."

She frowned to hear him speak, preferring the silence so that for an instant she could forget who he really was, "Y'should stop talking s'much."

He silently agreed as his leg dug deeper between hers, nearing a vicinity so private it made her shiver to think of. On her leg, she could feel a rising, hardening something press against her, something she could name but not imagine. She would have to see it, of course, to perform the act she needed to. His kissing became more aggressive as he squeezed at her, and she moaned a pleasurable sigh as someone else's face replaced his, someone whose lips were softer and who was much more attentive to her particular needs. His hands moved up to her face and he grabbed her forcefully, holding her still.

"Kiss me." Soarin commanded, and her eyes shot open.

The reality befell her again as she saw him, and he was not who she wanted. He forced himself against her to try for a kiss again but she struggled, her own strength a match for his. Before their lips had a chance to meet, in a fit of terror and anger Applejack shoved Soarin off of her. She got to her feet, backing away and staring as him as he fell onto the floor. He tried to regain his composure, but his shock had dashed most of his arousal. The fight intrigued him, but her furious and dissatisfied expression deterred him.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he grabbed the corner of the bed, pulling himself back up and standing those few feet away.

"I can't do this, Soarin." Applejack told him surely, her voice cold and distant, "I'm sorry for leadin' y'on like that, it ain't right."

"Applejack," Soarin frowned as he cocked his head at her, examining her utter lack of attraction to him and her reluctance to carry on, "What was your dare tonight?" Her eyes fell as she chewed at her cheek to keep the truth in, knowing the silence was enough. He nodded faintly as he understood, and he stepped backwards, "I thought so."

"I'm sorry." Applejack repeated as she shook her head, "It ain't you, you're a nice guy and all."

"I don't need the speech." He smiled with disappointment as he raised his hand between them, turning around to take his leave, "Don't get me wrong, I would have done it anyway. But you can't force people, you can't change them," He peered back over his shoulder as his eyes trailed her, "Or what they want."

Soarin pushed the hanging bead door open and brushed past it, leaving Applejack in the false solitude. Instantly, Rainbow Dash shoved open the closet door and forced the camera into Fluttershy's hands, though she fumbled it and nearly dropped it. Rainbow Dash reached into her pocket and felt for the object she would have hated to use, striding the distance between herself and her best friend.

"Come on, what are you doing?" Rainbow Dash pulled out the electric shaver and held it between them, her hands still trembling and her expression still hurt and yet relieved, "Go down there and get him back, I shouldn't have to remind you what's at stake here if you don't do it!"

"I know, Rainbow." Applejack paced away from Rainbow Dash, running her hands through her hair desperately, like something was really troubling her. Her hips rocked back and forth sensually as she strode, and she stopped only to turn around. Her eyes were almost pleading, so tortured and repressed, while her eyebrows furrowed and her teeth bit at her moist lips.

"Look Applejack, all you have to do is just let him kiss you a bit, give him a chance!" Rainbow Dash approached her again, and roughly touched her friend the way a man had, trying to remind her of it, "Let him kiss you, and touch you, and fondle you, and, and be happy already! Don't you want to be happy?"

Applejack smiled sadly as her body responded so completely to such little touches, and her eyes met her friend's calmly, "Don't you?"

"Well yeah but, but what do I have to do with this?!" Rainbow Dash scoffed and argued irritably, an obnoxious scowl running down her lips.

Applejack's smile got a bit wider as she stepped just one foot closer, "I reckon just about everythin'."

"I have no idea what that means, but I am going to give you five seconds to go and grab somebody and finish that dare, or I am shaving your head." Rainbow Dash held the electric shaver between them as she spoke, her voice harsh and unfeeling as she stomached it all, "One—!"

Applejack's lips met her own and silenced her, trapping the remaining four seconds, along with any rational thought or gasp for air, in her mouth. The rainbow-haired girl's eyes grew immensely wide as she felt those firm, tempting lips on her own, moving of their own entranced volition. The electric shaver hit the ground barely an inch from Rainbow Dash's foot, but she would not have flinched even if it did hit her. She threw her arms around her best friend's body and returned the kiss earnestly, the initial passion doubled.

The girls in the closet and bathroom gaped in shock as they watched two of their friends entwine in a sudden and daring act. Fluttershy's hands shook around as she debated closing up the camera and turning it off, but Twilight's hand landed on top of it to stop her. Fluttershy silently looked back and inquired why she had done so, but Twilight's fascinated and intent gaze answered the unspoken question.

"Keep it running." Twilight whispered as the girls before her fought each other in the most telling and violent of their collisions yet, "That's the game, right?"

Their connection was forceful and rough, competitive and violent. Applejack pulled Rainbow Dash with her, sitting down onto the bed and laying back, forcing the rebellious athlete to climb over her. But before the rainbow-haired girl could get any sense of an upper hand, Applejack tossed her to the side, shoving her against the plush mattress with her commanding strength.

Their kisses were harsh and abrasive, but the two of them seemed to love it that way. Their bodies pressed against each other hard as they began to explore, finding buttons and zippers and folds of clothing in the way. Applejack lifted Rainbow Dash up off the mattress high enough to yank her loose over-shirt off of her shoulders and down her arms, leaving it in a wrinkled mess beside them. Her shirt beneath that had all kinds of holes and slits near the bottom that affected the style, and Applejack was pleased to run her fingers over and into them, tugging and playing with them teasingly.

Rainbow Dash did not like to be outdone by anyone, so with a quick show of will she reached up and undid Applejack's belt buckle, button and fly, ripping out the shirt that was tucked respectfully into her pants. Applejack responded by dipping both hands under Rainbow's holey shirt, sliding them up her hot body until they found the risen rounds on her chest. An excited groan escaped Rainbow's throat as Applejack rubbed against her, grinning as the kiss broke and fell apart for more pleasured sounds.

"Well that escalated quickly." Pinkie Pie muttered, but she was immediately shushed by Rarity, who waved her hands around the bright-headed eccentric and gestured for her to quiet down.

"Shh! I'm trying to watch!" Rarity snapped at her in a harsh whisper as she continued to gaze at her friends, "I officially love this game!"

"You do?" Pinkie Pie questioned, but cringed as she was shushed more vigorously.

Hands ran under clothes, clothes ran over bodies and over arms, over heads; touches ran over skin, skin over sheets and between fingers. The room was hot and intimate, all the spectators locked into the moment whether they enjoyed it or not.

The two on the bed huffed loud breaths and repressed their pleasured moans as fingers slipped places they often did not belong. Those fingers were followed shortly after by lips, by kisses and invasions. Clothes mostly remained on, the struggle against them too challenging to turn down. Besides, somewhere in the backs of their minds, they remembered just how many eyes were on them.

"Um, what exactly is third base?" Fluttershy whispered in the closet, though her regular tone of voice would have been drowned out by the acts a few yards away.

"They reached it about two minutes ago." Twilight responded as she watched on, intrigued by her own fascination and the arousal she got from watching.

As the act began to finish, their bodies moved slower and more sensually, their kisses were more loving and delicate, and their once fierce fingers became controlled and comforting. They laid together on the bed in each other's company, enjoying the vicinity and closeness they were never before allowed to permit. Enticed by the taste of each other's lips, their kissing persisted long past the exhaustion.

Applejack released her dominance over Rainbow Dash at last, easing her hold and laying beside her instead of on top. Their communion of body eased as their heavy breaths floated above them wordlessly. They smiled at each other from the nearness of a few inches away, grinning and huffing laughs as they replayed the events in their heads. Applejack leaned in and kissed her lover on the nose, loving the way she made a face about it and squirmed.

The pair found it in their best interests to pull their clothes back up and fully on, careful to do buttons up correctly despite their ecstatic state. They sat up in unison as they released a sigh of satisfaction, finishing pulling their shirts up over their shoulders. With eyes still dangerously devious flashing between them, they shared grins and leaned against each other. As the reality of the not-so empty room came back to them, Rainbow Dash cleared her throat to speak.

"All right guys, it's safe to come out." She said while over-pronouncing her words intentionally and cocking a sly smirk. There was some hesitant shuffling before the other girls came out, and they were all avoiding each other's gazed for the first few seconds, "Did you enjoy the show?"

"I guess that's one way to say happy birthday." Pinkie Pie cracked a smile, and Applejack dropped her face into her hands with an embarrassed groan.

"Well look at that, we got all the way through the game without shaving any heads. That's a first." Rainbow Dash leaned her hands against the bed and kicked her feet out as Applejack bent over the side and picked up the fallen shaver.

"Does that really count as her dare?" Rarity thought aloud, and the other girls hesitated to say one way or another, "I thought the rule was that it had to do that with Soarin?"

"Well, her exact words were:" Twilight Sparkle went through her fabulous eidetic memory and repeated the words she had heard, "I triple dog dare you to let someone go to third base with you tonight. She never actually specified who in the initial dare, that came later."

"Awesome," Rainbow Dash pumped her fist into the air, "I love that egghead of yours sometimes."

"Um," Fluttershy's fingers played along the sides of the camera as she held it out, "D-Do you want this back?"

"Duh! That's like, momentous as shit!" Rainbow Dash grabbed the camera and looked at it adoringly, "We can re-watch the whole thing when we get back to Applejack's place. But for now, who's to say we can't stay and enjoy the party?"

"Yay!" Pinkie Pie squealed as she threw both of her hands up in the air and bounced in place, "Come on girls!"

Pinkie Pie grabbed Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity and gestured for Rainbow Dash and Applejack to get up and come with them, which they did. The group went through the doorway of hanging beads and approached the steady rhythmic base that thumped through the house. The rest of the party was just up a small set of stairs, which Pinkie eagerly ran to. As she reached the main floor, she nearly bumped right into Sunset Shimmer, whose irritation had not subsided from when they had shown up at her work for Pinkie's dare.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were right behind the rest of them as they came upstairs, and Sunset Shimmer immediately set to ruining their moods.

"So, you guys finished with your stupid game yet?" Sunset Shimmer asked in a disinterested, condescending tone.

"As a matter o'fact, we are." Applejack responded as she reached the top of the stairs before Rainbow Dash, and the other girls in front of her paused to listen to the conversation.

"Not that it's any of your business." Rainbow Dash snorted as she came up next to Applejack, glaring at the antagonistic, short-haired girl.

"Hey, Applejack," Shimmer ignored Rainbow Dash's aggression and smirked as the topic came back to her lips, "Have you asked Rainbow Dash about Gilda yet?"

"Yeah, I did." Applejack nodded surely, and Rainbow Dash glared at Shimmer to tell her to shut her big mouth, "She told me she jumped, an' I believe her."

"She did, did she? Maybe that's true. Maybe she jumped, maybe she fell, maybe she was pushed," Sunset Shimmer said passively as she shrugged, but her last few words crept out in a lower tone as her eyes shifted to the rainbow-haired girl, "Or, maybe someone dared her to."

"What is your problem, Shimmer?" Rainbow Dash stomped in front of her, balling up her fist like she was going to fight her again. The other girls came closer to hear what was going on.

"So tell us all, Dash, what really happened to Gilda?" Shimmer asked with a smile, pushing the focus back onto the rebel whose anger was brimming.

"She jumped." Rainbow Dash responded certainly, her glare sharp and warning.

"Yeah, she did." Sunset Shimmer could not deny it, and she nodded a few times as the truth continued to come out, "Because someone dared her to."

Almost one year ago...

A group of girls strolled along in the woods towards a familiar bridge. In the lead, a girl with bright white hair flipped her bangs out of her face and smirked back at the group behind her. As they stepped onto the bridge, she turned around to face them and cracked a cocky smile. She looked right at a girl who covered her freshly shaved head with the hood of a hoodie, who pouted and frowned angrily as she returned the gaze.

"Don't be mad, Shimmer. I think it brings out your eyes." The white-haired girl snickered as Sunset Shimmer held out her middle finger and shook her head, her lack of hair feeling cold in the night breeze. Gilda let her be for the moment, and looked over at a certain rainbow-haired girl, "So, who's next, RD?"

Rainbow Dash took a sip from a small flask she contained within a paper bag, before raising it between them, "You, Gilda. Pick someone to dare you."

"All right smart ass, then how about you dare me?" Gilda scoffed, crossing her arms at the girl who had chosen her, "Make it good."

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment as she chewed at her lip, when finally something came to mind, "Jump."

"From?" Gilda readily asked, her daring and proud attitude not letting her back down.

"The bridge." Rainbow Dash gestured towards the bridge behind Gilda, and she turned to have a look at her challenge, "I triple dog dare you to jump off the bridge."

The two girls glared at each other for a moment, the dare hanging in the air between them. Rainbow Dash had once been close friends with Gilda, but she had grown into someone completely different as of late. She was angry and aggressive and conceited, Rainbow Dash had already decided this would be the last time they would hang out, and she was hoping her dare would piss her off enough she would never speak to her again. Rainbow Dash grinned as Gilda seemed initially hesitant, hoping to humiliate her.

"That's stupid." Sunset Shimmer intervened loudly, but neither of the competitive girls paid her any heed.

"So is your head, baldy." Gilda snapped at her, and the bald-headed girl frowned. Gilda looked back and thought it over, smirking all the while as if it did not faze her. Finally, she glanced back at Rainbow Dash and asked, "How much is in the pot?"

"Two hundred and forty bucks," Rainbow Dash responded as she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes.

"Well, I'd say you could put it in my pocket right now, but I don't want it getting wet." The white-haired girl grinned as she started towards the bridge, and Rainbow Dash took another swig before following.

Present...

"Rainbow," Applejack said slowly in disbelief, turning to her best friend with a serious expression, "Is that true?"

"Applejack, I swear, nothing bad was supposed to happen!" Rainbow Dash tried to defend herself, and Applejack covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes went wide, "It was supposed to be—"

"—Fun? Are you guys having fun?" Sunset Shimmer finished the word and asked the whole group such a question. They glanced around at each other as most recalled somewhat unpleasant experiences, but said nothing about it.

"People jump off that bridge all the time and nothing happens." Rainbow Dash argued defiantly as her voice shook.

"There's a current, you idiot, but clearly you weren't thinking about that." Sunset Shimmer tapped herself on the temple as she glared at the rebel, "You're not much for thinking at all, are you?"

"Watch your mouth." Applejack stepped in and warned Sunset Shimmer, who completely ignored her.

"You needed to be the centre of attention, as usual," Shimmer spoke to Rainbow Dash obnoxiously loudly as a few others overheard, "So you triple dog dared Gilda to do something you knew you couldn't."

"Oh, fuck you, Shimmer. I could have!" Rainbow Dash argued loudly, clenching up her fist and shaking it between them.

"I really don't think so." The girl before her looked dully down at the threat.

"Are you daring me, Shimmer?" Rainbow Dash asked aggressively, her glare settling into the eyes of the girl in front of her.

"No," Shimmer said simply, but did not leave it at that, "I would never do something so freaking stupid."

Rainbow Dash let out a long and frustrated sigh, nodding over and over as she chewed on the hard words. She felt the camera still in her hand, and raised it between them, opening the screen and letting the light illuminate her face. She shoved it into Sunset Shimmer's less than expectant hands. Suddenly, she turned around and shoved through her friends, storming towards the door.

"Rainbow!" Applejack called to her friend, but she did not stop or turn around. Applejack ground her teeth and pointed an angry finger at the short-haired girl, furious with her, "You bitch."

She turned around without another word and began to chase her friend, racing out the front door after her with the rest of the girls in tow. Sunset Shimmer tried to act disinterested, but took off running after them anyway, shaking her head as she pressed the record button, knowing the game well enough to do so. Besides, it might provide good blackmail. Rainbow Dash reached into the open window of Rarity's car and retrieved her skateboard tossing it onto the concrete and jumping on top of it.

"Rainbow! Rainbow Dash!" Applejack called out as they sprinted after her, but Rainbow Dash didn't so much as look back at them, "Get your ass back here, right now!"

Still no response came from the rainbow-haired girl, who rode around the corner towards the woods on her skateboard. The others followed several yards behind, trying their best to keep up. Sunset Shimmer let the camera record the ground as she tried to catch up, her athletics permitting her to make up some of the distance with relative ease. The bridge was just ahead now, and Rainbow Dash bit back her rage as she remembered what happened the last time she was there in the middle of the night.

Almost one year ago...

The white haired girl put her hands on the ledge of the bridge, pulling herself up. Her feet stepped between the planks of wood as she got onto it, and she rose to her full height. The other girls stood around beside her, watching on as she peered into the raging river below. A smile slowly graced Gilda's confident lips as she looked back at the girls she had dragged along for the silly, dangerous game. She brought her hand to her lips, kissing her fingers before extending it out from her chin, blowing it to the group.

The waters below were colourless, black and deep with swift and angular white waves, which crashed about as the water ate through the rock. Gilda stepped closer to the edge, feeling the fronts of her feet hanging off the ledge teasingly. She never backed down from a challenge, she followed through fearlessly. The drop was not short, but the fall seemed fast, and her whole body disappeared into the darkness of those tar-like waves.

Present...

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack's voice brought Rainbow Dash back to the moment as she pushed off the ground, the wheels of the skateboard thudding constantly as they rolled over the planks of wood that made up the bridge. "Don't y'even think about it!"

Rainbow Dash skidded to a stop next to the makeshift cross that hung from where Gilda had jumped. She grabbed the farthest part of the ledge and roughly yanked herself up, teetering from side to side as her breath unsteadily escaped her and she stood up. She heard the many running feet of her friends chasing her, but did not look over to know they stopped a few feet away, not about to risk grabbing at her and accidentally knocking her off.

"Get down from there right now! Don't you dare jump, Dash!" Applejack shouted at her, her voice trembling uneasily as she could see the hungry waves from between the planks of wood, "Rainbow, Rainbow please, don't do this."

Rainbow Dash slowly expelled her breath, and glanced back at them. Sunset Shimmer stood behind the rest of them, the camera in her hands. Rainbow's gaze settled on Applejack, whose worried expression was almost enough to pull her out of this stupid dare. Her own guilt was strong though, as she remembered the same dare that she herself had forced on a girl who could never have completed it.

Meeting the eyes of Applejack, Rainbow Dash brought her hand to her lips and kissed her own fingers, extending her hand towards the girl she loved as she blew the sentiment through the air. Applejack shook her head and opened her mouth to speak, but Rainbow's movements were quicker. Her pink eyes looked out over the dark abyss that swallowed up the silence in rough waters, and she jumped into it.

"No! Rainbow!" Applejack screamed as she raced after her, climbing onto the edge to follow her until her friends got a hold of her.

"Applejack, don't!" Twilight called as she and Pinkie Pie got their arms around her, though she was so strong she pulled the three of them onto the ledge far enough to peer over it.

"You're crazy!" Rarity and Fluttershy joined the fight as they took hold of their friends, finally managing to stop Applejack from going over.

"Rainbow Dash," Applejack repeated, though it was terribly quiet and weak. Her eyes searched the dark waters, but her head shook with dread, "I don't see anythin', I don't see her!"

The current was so strong that no matter how hard Gilda had tried, she could not bring herself back to the surface. Rainbow Dash fought those same unforgiving swells, holding her thinning breath as her hands reached out and scraped against the pull of the darkness.

Author's Note:

Sorry for that hella delayed update, I wanted to finish "Challenges of Sobriety in a Weekend of Confines" before coming back to this, and now that it is done... Here we are. Sorry for the cliffhanger, everyone!

Also... I think I kept it vague enough to hold the Teen rating... what do you think?