• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 2,274 Views, 29 Comments

Derpy's last chance - marineproductions100



Derpy has felt suicidal lately and no pony is aware of it. An incident happens at work where Derpy meets Death himself. She says that nothing will change if she dies. Death decides to show her what will really happen.

  • ...
5
 29
 2,274

Chapter 2: Where Am I?

Chapter 2: Where Am I?

Derpy looked around and saw a nothing but stars. She looked at Death. He seemed calm.

"Where am I?" Derpy asked.

"This is the place where the dead may rest." Death replied.

"But where are the other ponies?" Derpy asked.

"They are resting." Death replied.

"But where?" Derpy asked.

"Their bodies are either buried or cremated on Earth. But their soul comes here." Death said.

"That doesn't tell me where they are." Derpy said.

"The good rest in this globe that I am holding." Death said.

Death pulled out a globe and it had a bright white light on it.

"Look carefully and you see." Death said.

Derpy looked at the globe and saw ponies achieving their goals in life. Some of them with their families and others with their personal goals. Derpy looked at Death and he pulled out another globe. But this globe was blazing orange.

"This is where the evil souls shall burn in a pit of fire. They stay awake for eternity wishing that they would die. Not knowing that they've already died. These are the corrupt, the greed, the murder, and the thief. They all stay here forever never to come out." Death said.

"Why can't they be given second chances?" Derpy asked.

Death put away the globes and looked at Derpy.

"Everypony deserves second chances. Can't you just put them in new life?" Derpy asked.

"Young pegasus. These souls have been given more than one chance and they've failed. Still none of them have proved to me and my sister the meaning of good." Death replied.

"Sister?" Derpy said in confusion.

"Her name is Life. She watches over the ponies and we try our best to prevent evil things. We are also the subconscious of the mortal soul." Death said.

"What else do you try to prevent?" Derpy asked.

"We try to prevent loved ones from getting hurt. We try to prevent fillies from getting kidnapped. It is not a mother's instinct. It is us that help you to getting your loved ones back. Just like we've helped you get your daughter back." Death replied.

"But your Death. You greet and meet the dead. Why would you prevent somepony from dying?" Derpy asked.

"Young pegasus. Life is not all about dying. We want everypony to live as long as they can. But it doesn't always work out as we expected it." Death replied.

"So you tried to prevent that crate from crushing me. Didn't you?" Derpy asked.

"No." Death replied.

"I don't understand." Derpy said.

"You were meant to die." Death said.

"But why?" Derpy asked.

"Because my sister wanted to prove a lesson for you." Death replied.

"Why can't she talk to me?" Derpy asked.

"You are dead. She can't communicate to the dead and I can't communicate to the living." Death replied.

"Why couldn't she have told me this lesson while I was still alive?" Derpy asked.

"She cannot show you what i'm about to show you." Death replied.

"What would that be?" Derpy asked.

"Realization." Death replied.

"Realization from what?" Derpy asked.

"Your life may mean nothing. At least that's what you think, correct?" Death asked.

"I did say that." Derpy replied.

"My sister has looked into your future after today. You still have a future but you were going to end it by your own hooves." Death said.

"So she's not aloud to show my consequences of my actions?" Derpy asked.

"That is correct young pegasus." Death replied.

"Why do you want to show me this?" Derpy asked.

"So that she doesn't cry. You would do the same if you saw your wife or daughter cry." Death replied. He started to walk towards the big globe. "Just like the time where you came home to Dinky with a black eye. Remember how she tried to cover it up with your make up and tried to hide it from you? Remember where she fell to your arms and cried? Or how about the time where Rainbow felt devastation when she got drunk from too much vodka? Do you remember when she woke up the next morning crying for your forgiveness?" Death asked.

"I remember when she put the bottle in the garbage can after I held her for hours. I had to miss work that day. I remember when I had to sing a lullaby to Dinky so that she would calm down. I told her that everything would be okay." Derpy replied. Tears started to fall down her cheeks. Death wiped them away.

"Do not cry young pegasus. For you will see why I really brought you here today." Death said.

"Have you done this before?" Derpy asked.

"It's been a millennium since I've done this. So come here and touch this globe with me." Death replied.

He placed his hoof on the globe. Derpy slowly walked up to the globe and with a little bit of hesitation she put her hoof on the globe. Death looked at her.

"Close your eyes young pegasus." Death said calmly.

Derpy inhaled and exhaled a breath and then closed her eyes.

"You can open them now." Death said.

Derpy opened her eyes and the globe was gone. They were back in Ponyville. Derpy looked at Death in confusion.

"I'm dead. So what am I doing back in Ponyville?" Derpy asked.

"Truly you are not dead. Your body maybe motionless but your mind isn't. This is the future of your loved ones. This is what will happen if you committed suicide." Death replied.

"Is it something i'll regret?" Derpy asked.

"It will make you think. It should not make you regret." Death replied.

Derpy looked into the distance and saw a bunch of ponies in black suites. Derpy looked at Death and they started to walk to the crowd. Derpy noticed that Dinky and Rainbow Dash were in the crowd. They were all gathered around a tombstone. Derpy read the tombstone and it had her name on it. Derpy looked back to the crowd to see who attended her funeral. Rainbow Dash, Dinky, Space, Antique (Space's wife if you haven't read my other stories get to it. They are all related to each other), Bells, Pinkiepie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Rose, and Spike. Derpy saw tears coming from their faces. Derpy dropped to her knees next to the burial. She looked at Death.

"Can they see us?" Derpy asked.

"No. Your mind is the reason why you are here. So they cannot see, hear, or feel us." Death replied.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Derpy asked.

"Young pegasus this is just the beginning." Death replied.

Derpy looked at Death and Death put his hoof on her shoulder.

"There is more than this. So much more." Death said.

(This chapter has been re-styled and is in the process of being edited)