• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 6 Comments

Eye of the Storm - Cloud Shimmers

  • ...
5
 6
 1,050

Meanwhile in Canterlot

An old man was talking to the princess, "My son must be brought back!"

Princess Celestia spoke calmly, "The boy can make his own decisions, and he will be safe there."
"I see what your doing," the old man mocked, "You mock our ancient ways, his training was not complete and he was not sealed!"

Celestia coughed, "What makes you think because he doesn't have some tattoo that he will die?" She saw the look of curiosity on the old mans face.
"Y-you really don't know?" The man asked astonished, "Princess if you don't know then I'll be happy to tell you."

Celestia saw that they were getting off subject, "What about your son?"
"This is even more important, this is the oldest legend of the North."

There once was a great chieftain of the North, he slew any enemy who crossed blades with him. Most say he was immortal, no one could best him in combat or in tactics. Until one day, a great serpent, a demon; it came to him. It asked him a simple question.

"Would you like to live forever?"
The chieftain said yes, of course. But it came with a great price, the demon took control of his body and used him to do its dark bidding. He brought down Hell-Fire, and froze the North. The oceans boiled while the plains froze, the mountains caved in while the ground separated.

But there were those who resisted, the Circle of the Blessed, the strongest of the Chieftains private warriors; ended the demons life. They did so by each taking a piece of the Chieftains soul, the world was brought back to peace.

Celestia clapped, it was quite a good story, she enjoyed stories, "Why are you so afria-"
"There is more." The man continued.

The Circle of the Blessed; created a seal, to guard from the demon's return, every son of the North is descendant from them and must seal their hearts away. The day will come, when the North has ended, that a boy will feed the demon. If he strong it shall serve him, if he is weak then the world will die.

"So, what your saying is that your son holds a piece of a demon in him?" Celestia asked.
"Aye, as do all Northblood's," The man responded, "He is the last though, he may be the one, the Demon Heart."

Celestia smiled, "PonyVille will never be attacked, its very peaceful, away from any danger."

"Princess, you don't understand," The man explained, "If he is strong, then he may be able to control this terrible power, but if he isn't then he will die, with the rest of us."

"What made this Chieftain weak?" The Princess asked.
"He was brash arrogant and greedy." The man replied.

"Is your son, any of these things?" Celestia smiled.
"Well, no, I've done my best to raise him right." The old man said

"Then what is there to worry ab-"
"I don't want to lose him." The man almost began weeping, "You need to promise me he will be safe!"

Celestia thought for a moment, "I swear on my honor!"
The man nodded, "Then he may watch over this town."