• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 881 Views, 14 Comments

Sweetie's Love - SweetieTheBot



Sweetie Belle falls for a stranger at the wrong time, and her emotions make the last days of the school year crazier than expected.

  • ...
2
 14
 881

2 - The Dreams

Sweetie Belle lay in her bed. She had homework to do. She had to eat dinner. She had chores to do.

But she lay there, motionless.

Her mind, however, was anything but motionless.

Visions of the teal-maned stranger taunted her mind, making her crazier and crazier. She was angry at something, no, somepony! She was at rage that she couldn't see this pony.

And then she was at peace. Blissful picnics with the stranger played softly in her mind, making her long for him even more.

He would bring the utensils, I would cook us a marvelous dinner, we'd be so happy! Sweetie's mind raced with possibilities.

Sweetie Belle's mind was a battlefield of emotion. As she was hating the stranger for no good reason, she was having her first kiss with him at the same time. Sweetie barely even knew what he looked like!

Eventually, the surges of emotions died down due to exhaustion. She put the blanket over her, and stared at the window.

Come on. Knock on the window. I know you're there. Sweetie tried to convince herself the stranger would come climbing on her roof holding roses or something. The logical side of her mind tried to fight these insane thoughts with sheer facts, but the happiness of the thoughts was too much.

She stared at her window.

He'll come, he'll come...

***

"Sweetie Belle, I love you."

Sweetie jerked awake at the voice.

It was 3:30am, and the sky was as dark as ink.

She looked around the room, still in a haze of dreaminess.

"Hello?" Sweetie called.

Sweetie looked around, and got out of her bed.

"Is anypony there?" She said again.

Silence greeted her once again.

After being up for a few minutes, she decided the voice was just leftover from a dream.

Sweetie tried to go back to sleep, but her head had began the emotional buzzing again.

I feel like I'm in love with a shadow. She said to herself.

***

Sweetie Belle woke up early that morning, she felt like she had a dream last night, but she couldn't remember.

After pouring herself a bowl of cereal, and staring into space thinking about the stranger, a horrible realization hit her.

Today is the last day of school!

She rushed to clean up her breakfast and get together her saddlebag.

Today was the day she'd talk to this stranger. If she didn't do it today, she'd lose him forever.

***

Sweetie Belle met Scootaloo and Applebloom outside of Sweet Apple Acres.

They would walk to school together today, and go for a picnic after school ended.

"So, what's going on, Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo said, and turned on Sweetie Belle, blocking the path.

Sweetie began to sweat nervously.

"What do you mean?" She said hastily, and tried to walk around Scootaloo, but to no avail.

Applebloom stepped up next to Scootaloo.

"Oh come on, Sweetie. Ever since lunch yesterday you've been as distracted as Snips from algebra." Applebloom said cheekily.

Sweetie tried to step around the two questioning fillies, but they kept moving to block her.

Eventually, Sweetie sighed and gave in.

"Fine. It's that blue colt with the teal mane. I can't get my mind away from him." Sweetie Belle said reluctantly.

Scootaloo and Applebloom looked at eachother.

"Cosmic Flash? Sweetie Belle, he's three years older than you." Scootaloo said, and Sweetie's face fell.

Now she knew his name, as well as his age. But now she wish she didn't.

She felt like crying, but she wouldn't let on to her friends. She sniffled, and held back sobs.

"I...I guess I'm just that desperate." Sweetie said, trying to smile.

Apparently her friends thought that was a joke.

Applebloom and Scootaloo laughed and continued walking.

"Ha. Yeah, so funny." Sweetie said under her breath.

***