• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 253 Views, 2 Comments

Return Of The Dark Lord - UmbraKnight



This is the first of the Dark Lord Breaden arch. In the story of one of the many versions of Umbra. In this Arch Breaden tries to start a revolt to overthrow Celestia and get his revenge. Umbra and his friends must stop him before Equestria falls.

  • ...
 2
 253

Chapter 2. Return

We arrived at Canterlot by a Pegasus driven chariot for some reason the place was crawling with guards, something was wrong like they were ready for something or getting ready for something. Something bad no doubt could be why I'm here. We pulled up to the castle and the guards escorted me to the council hall where at a long table sat all of the princesses. I bowed to them "My liege's."
Celestia looked at the others then back to me "Greetings Umbra please sit down." She said with a melancholy and yet serious tone. I took my seat and Twilight used her magic to float files in front of me. "Six years ago there was an attack on Stableside do you remember that day?" Celestia asked me.
"Yes my liege quite well." I responded. The attack on Stableside was during the second Discord conflict when Griffons and Diamond dogs attacked the city.
Celestia looked down as if she wanted to say something but couldn't. Princess Luna then looked at me. "He's back" Luna said to me with a somewhat angry tone.

I felt a sensation of pure rage overwhelm me, trying to hold it back I bit my lip and looked down narrowing my eyes on the files still not opening it. The princesses looked at each other a little nervous waiting for my response. "What in the hoof do you mean he's back" I said trying not to yell holding back a massive amount of anger inside my body.
Celestia looked back up at me. "Dark Lord Breaden has returned Umbra."
At Stableside me and a good friend of mine Slypher Blackheart were in a building when that son of a bitch hit it with a magic bolt. The building collapsed on Slypher killing him and I snapped. Breaden is a black and red alicorn, during the Equestrian Civil War he was born out of a genetic breeding experiment to create the ultimate super solider. He felt like a pointless being and saw no good in his creator and evolving beyond his original purpose and being born from this hate and anger, he changes goal. He sees himself as a monster unable to be the same as every other pony. So he decides to become a monster and make Celestia pay for ever bringing him to this world.

"Our scouts say that Breaden has gotten a hold of a Mega Spell and you know what that means Umbra." Celestia said
"It means we are Bucked." I replied
"That's where you come in, I need you to gather your team find him and bring him down. Do I make myself clear?"
"Yes my liege." I took a deep breath and stood up. "He will be stopped."
"We are counting on you Umbra, if you fail we will fall"
"Then I wont" I gallop out the door racing towards the chariot that was waiting for me outside. "To Archback Mountain" I tell the Pegasus driving the chariot as we take off.