• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 755 Views, 6 Comments

Lipo - SanityCheck8080



Stories without the letter i.

  • ...
0
 6
 755

A

Dash was annoyed. Her pals were known to push her around, to try to change her to perfect models she had no want to change to. Her latest flaw: a lack of concern for others. An abundance of worry about herself. To be told such a statement by a bookkeeper who spent all of her moments secluded anyway was just salt to the wound. She was fed up. Her chums couldn't accept the fact that she could do what no other pony could, take talent to new reaches, use her speed to start a golden age. They would only hold her down, and that was unacceptable. She would need to talk to them, one by one.

She would start at her buddy Applejack. Thus far, she had been unable to get the thought through her fat skull that, though to treat others' concerns as more urgent was all well and good, to advance progress on ones own hopes and dreams was a fundamental part of the fundamental need to trudge through, day to day. Should a pony want to go on under the sky of a world such as the one they were all a part of, no harm would be done to advance her own name, by whatever means she chooses. Thus, the one-faced talk began.

"Many accept my supposed future of Wonderbolts fame to be a stretch. My dreams are hopeless? Does such a fact make a cyan pegasus, one who sports a colored mane, useless to a town such as our own? A world such as our own? Do my plans not match those who own houses that are enclosed by our towns' supposed walls, those who relate towards me? A query made that has no answer. A pony that dreams useless dreams, hopes worthless hopes, at least by others' standards, had no recluse except for the thoughts that flutter around her own head. As long as flutter has been spoken..."

Dash walked away, Applejack left hopelessly confused as to what was meant by the monologue she had just then been subjected to. What would compel her comrade to suddenly lash out, mouth open to reveal salty tongue, and let loose a rage of meagerness? She felt a talk among her group could sort problems out, and went to search for such a group.

At the same moment, Dash set foot upon the welcome mat of the cottage that happened to belong to Fluttershy. Fluttershy, who had heard three knocks on the door, went to see to cause of the ruckus. As she opened the door, she was nearly trampled by the pony who had entered her home, only to flop down on the couch. Upon a poll as to what the problem was, Dash launched her second rant of the day.

"You care for the creatures that grace our land, yet you have parts of the day you use to share the company of those around you. How?"

At that, Fluttershys' head began to reel, as she was unprepared for such a concern to be brought upon her. What had just been asked? After a judgement was made to take a note from the one known as Laymen, she translated to the smudge less senseless "How do you have moments for yourself?" A good ponder on Dashs' part. The answer was easy: She had not much to do for her creatures, due to them and the power they possessed to fend for themselves. Such a lack of dependence 24/7 left her some slots that events of her own could be placed onto.

Before she could put the thought to language, Dash was out the door, as she had not seen reason to lay down and let the world come to her. Fluttershy was not much put off by such rudeness, as she was often exposed to antsy-ness from the very pony who had just dropped by. She chuckled to herself and closed the door after the blue form, on her way to start to feed the creatures.


Dash went now from the cottage to a large tree, used as both a house, and a place to keep books, to seek a purple pony. A bubbly baker wouldn't do any good to yell at for several reasons, and she assumed a craftspony would agree on her new found outlook, due to her equal rank of "useless" anyway. All that was left was the source of her problems. Her journey was cut to a halt halfway, thanks to a pony that saw reason to waltz up to her.

"Before you get words out of your mouth, allow me to say there were unforeseen results of my thrust of knowledge upon you."

Cut off from rant number three, Dash was stunned, but let the lavender mare speak her thoughts.

"There was no reason for me to push the thought that you cared about nopony but yourself, and sorry does not start to tell how bad a thought close to that makes me feel. You would save everypony when such a need surfaces, not a doubt to fly by your head. You are brave and courageous when others need you most. The Wonderbolts could soon be graced by another costume, and countless more fans, not to exclude myself. Once more, nopony could be more sorry than me."

Dash was not wary to embrace her ex-naysayer, and found reason to squeeze: she was accepted once more. She soon found out that Applejack had shared her strange back-and-forth that was not at all a back-and-forth, only to cause the mare that had a coat created by the presence of red and blue to feel at fault. She had sought out Dash soon after the chat she and Applejack shared, only to see that same mare had come to converse at her.

All was perfect on Dashs' planet. Her supporters trusted her now, and her wanted job had value. She would save the world when she had to, but would also enjoy a nap every now and then. Such was the way of one that was selfless, or should be, to know that though others come on the chart before you, you are on the chart after them. That was all Dash could hope to know.