• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 673 Views, 3 Comments

The Lonely One - Celesteon



Lakura Dusk, an odd pony that has had a rough childhood and meets a mare that shows some interest in him

  • ...
 3
 673

Challenges and Stress

Lakura Dusk enters Canterlot Castle and sees that the main area has been set up for the biggest tournament of all time, seeing casters, reporters, and the players from all around Equestria knowing that Lakura has his work cut out for him in the tournament. Looking up he sees the banner of the game that he has played so much ZooieCraft III Legends of War for this game was made by Zooie Inc. which became the best seller of the games that came out during that year and there was the creator and developer standing in the midst being interviewed by the reporters, Lukra. Lukra was not from Equestria at all, in fact he is a Zooie though he journeys across many areas and his game became so popular in Equestria that many gamers from around the area had gotten to the 2nd highest league in its intense 1v1 matches. Lakura couldn't believe that the creator of the game was going to be here at the tournament, and facing and losing to the creator was greatest right that he received from the leader of the AllStar clan in ZooieCraft. Lakura felt something touch his right shoulder and turned his head and saw Luna, which he beat her in the last tournament, which became his first friend.

"Oh hi, Luna," Lakura said.

Luna smiled with joy and hugged her favorite gaming pony and asked, "How was thy trip?"

"I would say it was doing fine and where's Celestia," Lakura said while being hugged tightly by the princess of the night.

"She is tending to the business for the schedule that is happening for the 3 day of the local tournament," Luna answered as they walked to the dining room.

"Are you going to be participating in this tournament Luna?" Lakura asked.

"Well no, however you still know that I am your clan leader Lakura it doesn't mean that you screw this up for your chance, and besides I am gonna be looking for new members. Because I am gonna be going to be watching over the local tournament and I still am considered the last player to face in the finals, and you know that so are you ready to show that the Night clan that it isn't going to be going down that easy?" Luna said and asking Lakura.

Lakura answered with this, "I will do the best I can and much more to hope for the finals and face against the best players in Equestria."

As Luna left the room to look over the Canterlot Local Tournament, Lakura went to his spot that he would be sitting at in the Equestrian tournament and started to set up to practice when, he felt a tap on his shoulder that he wouldn't understand that as soon as he turned around Lukra was standing behind him. Lukra was the head leader of the AllStar clan and faced Lakura and knowing that he wasn't a player to expect to almost break his style of play in ZooieCraft III, but Lukra gave a nod of 'good luck Dusk' and walked off knowing that if Lakura was gonna get far to face Lukra in the final match he would have to face all the players and face every player in his clan in order to face the greatest player of the game that is ranked #1 on the Elite League which shows no mercy in the game of ZooieCraft. Lakura shook his head back into focus, knowing that he will have to be doing his best to get far in order to face Lukra and there was no mistake that he will lose to the players of this game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As the day went on, Lakura has had alot of stress on him facing many players that were in the same league, or any league close to him, all the stress has gotten on him knowing that he is the only pegasus from Ponyville to be in this tournament. After hours of practicing Lakura decided to take a break from all the training and decided to watch the local tournament which it entered the final match and he noticed that the final match is between the pegasus he met on the train, Naruna Light, facing Luna suprised to see the young pegasus facing Luna, which he stayed to watch. As the game carried on the casters of the final match kept shouting out that each battle with the 2 players were at the brink of them losing their voices because Luna was showing great strategies of the map that Naruna hasn't utilized, however Naruna was using strategies that Luna didn't think that was not possisble to over run her map position which forced her back to defend and soon there after Naruna crushed Luna's army that it became perfectly clear to Luna to put the 'good game' in the chat and Naruna beat Luna and the casters where shocked again seeing that Luna lost to a young ZooieCraft player that utilized a build that was not possible and congratulate the young pegasus. Naruna Light became speechless as Lakura watched her be awarded as the champion and a chance to participate in the Equestria Gaming Tournament, for last minute because Luna begged Celestia to have at least 1 more player to join the main event because Luna wanted a chance to see if Lakura, the Night Clan's best player, can beat the champion and hope that their clan makes it to the finals, this caused Celestia to agree fully. Lakura Dusk watched every pony that was in the hall leave so the main event can get set up for tomorrow.

That evening Lakura went to have dinner and noticed Naruna, still in shock that she won, so he walked up to her to give her congratulations and wish her the best of luck as well. But Naruna noticed that Lakura was being very kind to her, its not like the other stallions she has met that didn't care about her or her gaming career. Lakura eventually asked Naruna if she wanted to have dinner with him, she kindly accepted the offer, and they went to a diner that was with in affording range for Lakura and alot of stress was getting to him because not only that he had to keep his cool in the tournament, he had a chance to face the newest member Naruna in the tournament, but it would be hard for her and he has had some practice facing these players that Naruna has no practice against.

As the night went on Naruna began to ask this, "Are you sure that I can get to the final of the Equestrian Gaming Tournament?"

"I honestly don't know, a lot of challenges are waiting when the first match starts, it comes when you scout and defend on what pressure the player might have, but it cause a bit of set back and when the late game scenario comes it kinda ends the game if a move you or any player makes causes them to lose the game, and Luna isn't the kind of player though she was more difficult when she was heavily gaming but after her defeat to me, she began to start recruiting and back then I was the 2nd member of the clan and if you accepted her invitation for you to join, that would make you the 3rd member and Luna may be the leader, she is a great coach," Lakura answered and giving description.

Naruna also replied with this, "I accepted her invitation so that makes me the 3rd member of the Night Clan."

Lakura Dusk just ate the food while nodding and smiling, because he was enjoying the night and he hope it helped Naruna Light to keep calm. After the two pegasus ate their food, they returned to Canterlot Palace where Princess Celestia and Luna arranged for Lakura and Naruna to stay in different rooms to respect their privacy and it would keep them focused for the tournament. Lakura went to bed because he knew that he had to be ready in case he plays first then he would have a last minute practice, but Naruna was already having some stress of the games that are gonna be going on, but she feels some feelings towards Lakura that she hasn't felt before, and after a lot of thoughts Naruna decided to get some rest for the tournament tomorrow, and hope for the best of what she does in the tournament.

Author's Note:

A lot of thought went into this and this should be a great question on how good Lakura is in the best selling game, which can give the creator a little bit of stress, but it comes a big challenge in the final matches, I hope you enjoyed this new chapter.