• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 2,638 Views, 78 Comments

This Beautiful Darkness Shall Protect Me... - Timemaster



A dusty mirror, reflecting light from someplace unknown, was all I could see in this dark room. Little did I know, a beautiful being, pure black and full of contempt, would rescue me.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,638

11-My Dreams Horrify Me

I am unable to see, gauze over my face and body. My breathing is impaired, as I lie back in this chair as strangers fiddle with my body. Noises of laughter and joy come from them as they create an abomination in front of me. As they save me.

They have no right to save me...

Before long, I am unable to hear. The noises of the dreaded men has stopped, but I still feel them. I feel them, but I am under some sort of anesthesia, right?

I can only sit and wonder who gave them permission to mess with me.

I am unable to remember their faces. I can't remember much of anything, actually, except for one thing. There is one thing that still swirls in my mind... What's left of it.

I have no right to be saved.

I do not remebar gramar, my thughts ar losing momentim... I... I...


I sit up in my bed, feeling something on my face whilst I sweat furiously. I rub my face, but feel nothing.

I get out of bed, going to the bathroom. In it, I wash my face slowly, not feeling the water touch me anymore. I feel dry, soaked in water.

I look in the mirror in the dark for quite some time.

...

I morph myself to a happier look, but on the inside I was just the opposite. I wave to Yung as she walked to me.

"Mr. Mayor."

"Yes?"

"We are preparing to go to the Everfree forest in a week, for the main wind-turbine exploded because a poor bird flew in." she rubs her eyes, a small amount of tears.

"Well, I will just wait, I presume."

She looks at me funny, but walks away to her office upstairs... somewhere.

I go to my own office and see another large pile of paper work, but these were interesting... so I wrote on a document Yung recommended I used yesterday.

Mayor Wright Scribe
I Agree to giving the ex-mayor a small statue in the center square, next to other mayors of the past.

Only because it helped me, for people liked the old mayor. If they liked the old bastard, and they like me, then I become the one with a huge statue in years to come... except that, by that time, I should be in he council.

I agree to renewing the annual Festival for the Gone.
I ____ to allowing griffons live within Cloudsdale once more.

Interested, I go to the book cabinet Yung pulled out from the archive vault a half-mile away. I plucked through books, trying to find the time when they banned griffons... and found it quite easily.

Year 5 of the Reign of Princess Sparkle, Mayor (Bigfatbuttbrain) banned griffons from Cloudsdale because Equestia went to war with the Griffon Kingdom at that time. It was highly controversial, and got the mayor some large hatred for some time, but everypony, even the griffons, forgave the mayor. They say 'It would take a small amount of evil to finally make it into the council!'

"What a dick."

I Agree to allowing griffons within Cloudsdale once more.
I disagree to the Nation's Pegasus-only event.
I Agree to assist in ending male inequality within the nation (Winter Solstice of the 9th Year of P.S.).

"I guess that is this year... Why is my memory of the dates so jumbled dammit..."

I want 70% of our assets to go to Education, 10% to safety, 20% to General Maintenance.
I disagree to increasing physical education.

They can work out anywhere... they have wings.

I agree to the trade route to Ponyville and its neighbors.
I disagree with trade to the capital (What they sell would be too expensive for us as our current plan stands).

I agree to allow carnivorous behavior that doesn't harm citizens nor yourself.

I run across a great many more of questions, but one of them sticks out...


I think for an hour thinking what I should decide, so I rolled a pair of dice.

I disagree to letting changelings in the town of Cloudsdale.

"Heh."

This continues for till nightfall, where I return to bed... It was only then that I realized why Yung looked concerned, and laughed.


An eternity of darkness spreads around me, and I see a cosmic mane, shining in the eternal darkness. I charge towards it, screaming for it to leave my darkness alone, but then it screams. I feel my dreams and nightmares shatter as she spoke in a loud, yet clear voice...

"I shall learn who you are, human... you are lucky I know not of your disguise you traitor!"

"I am no traitor, you hag!" I yelled, seeing her fade. Her shiny blue helmet cracks, and she looks at me surprised.

"Thats right..."

She looks at me, her mouth in a angry face.

"No!" I say, launching some green blob out of my nand, the same way that Chrysalis did, knocking the demon out...

... My dream fades to black once more...

I curl into a ball in my own dream, and cry.