• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 765 Views, 4 Comments

An Apple Against Apples - Prince Luna



In the far future, the pony world is in a horrible state. Eden Apple embarks to find who he is.

  • ...
 4
 765

Prologue

We will start from the beginning of my time's madness.
Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom were the last remaining members of the Apple-family and Big Mac owned the rights to Sweet Apple Acres. His will stated that once he passed away the rights would go over to Apple Bloom. This day eventually came.
Apple Bloom had a knack for productivity and had the Acres running at a much better efficiency than ever before. Despite being almost an adult, she did not have her cutie mark yet; she thought that owning the company would change this.
She was wrong.
Several years passed and the Apple business had expanded to the entire
of Ponyville. There was no longer a town but a large apple orchard. The townsponies did not mind this however. They just moved to the next town over. There was no room for housing in Appleville.
Apple Bloom went to visit the next town over for business reasons and met her old friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Much to her surprise they had both acquired their cutie marks and she still had not. Something snapped in her that day as she enthusiastically signed a contract to expand Appleville to this town and once again move the ponies out.
Around a decade had passed and the company kept growing and growing. Princess Celestia was overpowered by Apple Bloom and surrendered the country of Equestria to her. Apple Bloom had become insane. Everypony was too scared to stand up to their new leader.
Soon, Apple Bloom decided that earth-ponies were doomed to receive their cutie marks much later than pegasi or unicorns and, in a slur of jealousy, abolished pegasi and unicorns. The new law stated that anypony who was of these races would have their wings or horns ripped off or were killed and they were no longer allowed to breed.
Apple Bloom was very old a few years after this and still had no cutie mark. In a slur of insanity and rage, she cut off her blank flank and refused to see a doctor, which were very rare. Why? Apple Bloom ruled the planet and, still obsessed with getting her cutie mark, she had put factories across the planet for apple produce. Everypony had to work in these factories and were born into the business. Along with this came came the abolishment of cutie marks; ponies have their flanks burned at birth and branded with a generic apple logo.
Apple Bloom soon died with no relatives to take over the company. She let the rights onto her top worker, Apple Lypse. He was obsessed with work and kept the company going just as it was now. Nopony went in, nopony came out.
Now here's my story.