• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 36 Comments

Poker night at the inventory 3 - chrisharte97



The player comes back to play more high stakes poker and some extra contestants come to play as well, so this could get interesting for the player this time.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,763

Table#1 TF2 theme

As the Player took his seat, Demoman looked around the Inventory to see everything was like the Red bases back home. “What the bloody hell?” he exclaimed in surprised.

“Oh no,” Ash said shaking his head in disbelief.
“Not this again,” Sam said.
“What gives with this dacore Winslow?” Rainbow Dash asked him.

There was hay bales being used as chairs around the tables. The poker table itself had the Red team logo, the chips were colored red, blu, black, and white. Even Demo was wearing his samurai gear. “Well what gives my dear Rainbow Dash is that the Player has triggered Rule 137C of the Inventory’s rule book,” Winslow replied to her.
“Rule 137C?” Cloudchaser asked in confusion.

“May I explain this?” GLaDOS asked as he gave the robot a nod in response, “When the Player purchases certain items of a similar theme, the Inventory shall pay no expense in decorating the Inventory within that theme.”
Can somepony shorten that for me?” Rainbow Dash asked.
“What they are trying to say Rainbow, is that when this guy gets it, the Inventory decorates it,” Ash told her.
“Oh, that seems cool,” the rainbow maned Pegasus said.
“You should see the eliminations,” Sam said to her.

Even so they continued with the tournament as they placed their buy-ins. GLaDOS then started to deal them cards. The Player was given a three of Spades and an eight of Diamonds; not a very good hand in his mind. “Let’s do this,” Demoman said placing some chips into the pot.
“I am getting rid of this hand before it kills me,” Rainbow Dash said tossing her cards away.

“I call,” Ash said placing some chips into the pot.
“You know Demo, I think me and Max met another of your buddies a few years ago,” Sam said to the Red mercenary as Cloudchaser raised the bet.
“Oh yeah lad, who?” Demoman asked.
“I think it was the one with the rifle,” Sam replied to him.
“Oh, that’s ol’ Sniper,” Demoman said to him, “Were you two in the Outback?”

As Sam folded he replied to him, “Yeah, we were in the Outback tracking down a criminal when we met your pal Sniper.” The Player folded as well as GLaDOS laid out an Ace of Spades, King of Clubs, and Ace of Hearts.
“Let’s bet,” Demoman said placing a stack of chips in the pot.
“I’ll… Call that,” Ash said placing chips into the pot.
“No way,” Cloudchaser said tossing her cards away as GLaDOS pulled out a seven of Diamonds from the deck.

“You know I think S-Mart is selling some Red and Blu products,” Ash said to the Demo as he checked. He and Ash then revealed their cards. Demo had a pair of Kings and Ash had a pair of fives.
“Damn,” the employee from S-Mart said as GLaDOS pulled out a six of Clubs.
“Yes!” the Red mercenary said with pride.

“The Demoman has… A Full House, and Mister Williams has… Two Pair,” GLaDOS said, “The Demoman wins the hand.”
“Thank you lads and lassies,” he said taking the chips in the pot. GLaDOS then dealt them each a new hand. The Player was given a pair of fours; a decent hand.
“Anyway…” Demo said turning to Ash, “T-shirts, caps, or sweat pants?”

“All three actually,” Ash replied to him.
“Really?” the Demoman said, “No wonder we got more money in our checks.” As Rainbow Dash called, Ash folded.
“I will call that,” Cloudchaser said placing some more chips into the pot.
“I’ll raise that,” Sam said pushing a larger stack of chips into the pot.

The Player checks as GLaDOS pulled out a Queen of Diamonds, a Jack of Spades, and a Jack of Hearts. The Player places a bet as it was Demo’s turn.
“I’m feeling lucky mate, how about you?” he said to the Player as he placed the same amount of chips into the pot.
“I will… Call,” Rainbow Dash said.
“I’m out,” Cloudchaser said tossing her cards away.

“Hey Demo, ever like comic books?” Rainbow Dash asked the mercenary.
“Nah, lassie, that is the Scouts thing, not mine,” he replied to her.
“I’ll ask him when I see him then,” the rainbow maned Pegasus said as Sam folded. GLaDOS then pulled out a four of Hearts. The Player thought for a moment before he bets a stack of chips.

“This is worse than the time Scout wanted to date Miss Pauling,” Demoman said pushing his cards away.
“I check,” Rainbow Dash said as GLaDOS pulled out a two of Clubs. The rainbow maned Pegasus pondered for a few seconds before saying, “I’m out.”
“The Player steals the blinds,” the former Aperture Science human turned AI said as the Player gathered the chips in the pot. She then dealt the players their new cards.

The Player was given a nine of Hearts and eight of Hearts; he could get a straight with that. “I call,” Ash said placing some chips in the pot.
“I think I’ll… Call,” Cloudchaser cautiously said placing the same amount of chips into the pot.
“I fold,” Sam said tossing his cards away. The Player called as well.

“I fold,” the Demoman said pushing his cards away and sitting back on his chair.
“I’ll check,” Rainbow Dash said as GLaDOS pulled out a seven of Spades, a five of Clubs, and an Ace of Clubs. Cloudchaser gave a facehoof when she saw the cards. “Let’s bet,” the rainbow maned Pegasus said placing her bet into the pot.
“I fold,” Ash said tossing his cards away.

“Yeah, this hand has gotten more sour than lemonade,” the purple mare said throwing away her cards. The Player suddenly raised the bet.
“You got to be bluffing right?” Demoman asked. GLaDOS proceeded to pull out a three of Diamonds from the deck.
“Let’s… Check,” Rainbow Dash said as the Player puts a bet into the pot.

“I see you decided to bluff your way through this hand again,” the AI from Aperture Science said to him as the Player gave her a glare, “Oops, I probably shouldn’t have said that, my bad.”
“Yeah, I’m out,” Rainbow Dash said tossing her cards away.
“The Player steals the blinds,” GLaDOS said as the Player gathered up the chips. The AI dealt the players new hands and the Player was given a two of Clubs and a Six of Diamonds, not a very good hand to his thinking. But it was Sam’s turn to call, raise, or fold.

“I call,” the anthropomorphic dog said placing some chips into the pot. The Player wasted no time as he threw away his cards and puts a foot up on the table.
“Are you serious?” Cloudchaser asked him.
The Demoman chuckled as he placed some chips into the pot, “I call.”
“Hey Demo, where can I find some Red products?” Cloudchaser asked him as Rainbow Dash folded.

“They don’t sell them in Equestria?” Demo asked her.
“There is no portal connecting your world with mine, so no,” she replied as Ash raised.
“The Engineer should consider making portals to other worlds,” the Red mercenary said to himself as the purple Pegasus folded. GLaDOS pulled out a pair of threes and a Jack of Spades from the deck.
“I’m going to bet,” Sam said placing some chips into the pot.

“When did Red and Blu first form?” he asked the Demoman as the mercenary called.
“I have no idea to be honest,” he replied to the freelance police officer.
“Perhaps I can help,” GLaDOS said as she began scanning through her files, “Red and Blu were built as economic systems for when the Roman Empire split apart.”
“That long ago?” Demoman said in disbelief.
“Red controlled the West Roman and Blu controlled the East Roman,” the AI continued, “Would you care if I were to continue?”

“Nah, lassie,” Demo replied, “That is all I need to hear.”
“I call,” Ash said placing some of his chips into the pot.
“I call,” Sam said as GLaDOS pulled out a Queen of Spades. The players then revealed their cards. Sam had a pair of eights, Demoman had a Queen of Hearts and an Ace of Clubs, and Ash had a pair of fours.
“Ha!” laughed the Red mercenary as GLaDOS pulled out a King of Diamonds.

“Damn,” was all that Ash could say.
“Sam has… Two Pair, the Demoman has… Two pair, and Mister Williams has… Two Pair,” GLaDOS announced, “The Demoman wins with the higher pairs.”
“I shall take that lads and lassies,” he said pulling out his katana and using it to gather the chips. The AI then dealt the players new hands. The Player was given a pair of Kings as he called.

“I’ll call that,” Demoman said placing some of his chips into the pot.
“Yeah I’ll call,” the rainbow maned Pegasus said.
“I’m getting rid of this hand before it tries to kill me,” Ash said pushing his cards away.
“I’m going to fold,” Cloudchaser said.
“Bet, bet, bet,” Max said to Sam repeatedly.

“Oh hush, I check,” the anthropomorphic dog said as GLaDOS pulled out a King of Diamonds, an Ace of Spades, and a seven of Diamonds from the deck. The Player puts a bet into the pot.
“Why not?” the Demoman said as he placed some chips into the pot.
“You know what, I’m gonna go all in!” Rainbow Dash said pushing what was left of her chips in the pot.
“Seriously Dash?!” Cloudchaser exclaimed in surprise.

“Damn,” the Demoman said feeling impressed by her action.
“Not bad,” Ash said to her. Sam and Max were surprised as the lagomorph fell out of his seat.
“I - fold,” Sam said tossing his cards away. The Player suddenly went all in as well.

“Let’s see…” the Red mercenary pondered for a moment before making a decision, “This is crazier than the Medic’s experiments.” The two remaining players revealed their cards. Rainbow Dash had an Ace of Hearts and a Queen of Hearts.
“What!?” she said in anger, GLaDOS then pulled out a Queen of Clubs from the deck.

“You gotta be kidding me!” she yelled. The last card the AI pulled out was a seven of Spades.
“The rainbow Pegasus has… Two Pair and the Player has… A Full House,” GLaDOS announced, “The Player wins the hand.”
“Don’t get too confident lad,” the Demoman said to him.
“Miss Dash has been eliminated,” the AI continued as Rainbow Dash was teleported from the table and sent falling from the ceiling fan.

The Demoman should have known the Inventory would put in the Engineer’s teleporter in here. After getting back up, Rainbow Dash asked, “What in the name of Equestria was that?”
“That was the Engineer’s bloody teleporter!” Demoman said.
“In addition to decorating the Inventory, there will be special eliminations,” GLaDOS explained to them, “In the Team Fortress 2 theme; the teleporter shall assist you in your exit from the table.”
“You could have told us this first before we began this!” the rainbow maned Pegasus yelled in anger.

Even so, she walked away still fuming. GLaDOS then dealt the players new hands. The Player was given a Jack of Hearts and an eight of Spades, he didn’t really know for sure if it was a good hand or not. “Sure, I call,” Demo said placing chips into the pot.
“I call,” Ash said putting some of his chips into the pot.

“I fold,” Cloudchaser said tossing her cards away from her.
“Nope,” the anthropomorphic dog said. The Player cautiously called as the AI from Aperture Science pulled out an Ace of Hearts, a King of Diamonds, and a nine of Clubs from the deck.
“So Demoman, you and the Heavy work with that lone-wolf Sniper, right?” Sam asked the Red mercenary.
“Well, he’s our teammate, yeah,” he nodded as he checked.

“Well, why isn’t he at the table tonight?” the Dog asked.
“Well he comes to the Inventory once in awhile for a drink before returning to his business,” the Red mercenary explained to him.
“Was it because of me that he is not here as much?” GLaDOS asked curiously.
“Well not really, he has been busy with his job lately,” he replied, “So he hasn’t had much time here now.”
“I see, a busy man,” Sam said as Ash raised.

The Player called that bet. “He’s got to be bluffing,” Cloudchaser said.
“No way mate,” Demoman said pushing his cards away. GLaDOS pulled out a Jack of Clubs from the deck.
“Check,” the S-Mart employee said.

The Player checked as well. The AI then pulled out an eight of Diamonds. The two players revealed their cards. “The Player has… Two Pair and Mister Williams has… A Pair of Kings,” GLaDOS announced, “The Player wins the hand.”
“Well sure, even my sister could win with those cards,” Cloudchaser said.

“Why should you bring me into this sis?” Flitter asked her twin sister. She didn’t answer her question as GLaDOS dealt the players new hands. The Player was given an Ace of Clubs and a Queen of Hearts.
“The blinds are now six hundred and twelve hundred,” the AI said to the players.
“I fold,” Ash said pushing his cards away.

“I call,” Cloudchaser stated putting some of her chips into the pot.
“I call,” the anthropomorphic dog said putting some of his chips into the pot. The Player raised the bet a little higher.
“You do not have the slightest clue on what you’re doing, do you?” GLaDOS asked him with annoyance.
“So Demo, where do you get your hats?” Sam asked the Red mercenary.

“Usually out of crates, why do ya’ ask?” he replied as he folded.
“Max and I have been looking for some good hats for the past few days,” the Free Lance-policeman said as GLaDOS pulled out a pair of nines and a two of Clubs from the deck.
“That Team Captain hat though,” Max commented as Cloudchaser bets a stack of chips.
“Then what kind of hat are you looking for Sam?” the Demoman asked the anthropomorphic dog.
“I am more of a Texas the gallon person,” Sam replied to him as he folded.

“I will see what I can do to get your hats,” Demoman said as the Player called the purple Pegasus’ bet. GLaDOS proceeded to pull out a Queen of Spades.
“Hey GLaDOS, do you think you can get me some better cards next time?” she asked the AI as she pushed her cards away from her.
“I could, but you didn’t say the magic word, so I will be obliged to keep on dealing you junk,” GLaDOS replied to her, “The Player makes off with the blinds.” The Player then gathered up the chips from the pot.

GLaDOS then dealt the players new cards. The Player was given a pair of sevens, an okay hand in his mind. “I call,” Cloudchaser said placing some of her chips into the pot.
Sam thought for a moment as he flipped a chip in his hand. “Hold on, this run of cards is another one of your little experiments isn’t it?” he asked the AI as he tossed his cards away from him.

“Perhaps, or you’re just too scared to turn lemons into lemonade,” she replied to him. The Player called the same amount of chips and places them into the pot.
“I call,” the Demoman said putting some chips into the pot.
“I’m going to get rid of this hand,” Ash said pushing his cards away.
“I’m going to go all in,” Cloudchaser said putting the rest of her chips into the pot.

“Bloody hell!” the Red mercenary exclaimed. GLaDOS pulled out an eight of Diamonds, a King of Spades, and Queen of Hearts from the deck. The Player thought for a moment and called that bet.
“I’m going to toss this bloody hand away before things get ugly,” the Demoman said as he tossed his cards away. The purple Pegasus and the Player revealed their hands.

Cloudchaser had a pair of Kings. GLaDOS the pulled out a Jack of Diamonds from the deck. The Player facepalmed in frustration. The AI from Aperture Science finally pulled out a Queen of Clubs from the deck. “Yes!” the purple Pegasus cheered with pride.

“Miss Chaser has… A Full House,” GLaDOS announced, “And our silent friend has… Two Pair, Cloudchaser wins the hand.”
The purple Pegasus flew up and pushed the chips in the pot towards her spot. “Today is my lucky day,” she said with smile on her face. The AI began to deal the players new hands. The Player was given an Ace of Hearts and a nine of Clubs.

He wasn’t really sure what to do with this hand. But for right now, it was Sam’s turn. “I call,” the anthropomorphic dog said putting some of his chips into the pot. The Player cautiously called the bet.
“Aye, I’m in,” the Demoman said putting some chips into the pot as well.

“I’m staying out of this one,” Ash said pushing his cards away.
“Yeah, count me out on this one,” Cloudchaser said as she also folded. GLaDOS soon pulled out a pair of sixes and a King of Spades from the deck.
“All the heck in!” Sam said putting the rest of his chips into the pot.
“Impressive,” Ash said to him as the Player folded.

“Hang on lads this is though,” Demoman said thinking for a moment before putting the rest of his chips into the pot as well, “All in mate!” The two revealed their hands. The Red mercenary had a pair of fives and the anthropomorphic dog had a pair of threes.
“Rats,” Sam said in disappointment as GLaDOS pulled out a Queen of Diamonds.
“Yes!” the Demoman cheered as the AI pulled out an Ace of Spades.

“Sam has… Two Pair,” she announced, “The Demoman has… Two Pair, the Demo wins the hand.”
“Now it's me lucky day,” the mercenary said gathering the chips in the pot.
“Sam has been eliminated from the tournament,” the AI said as the Engineer’s teleporter appeared under Sam’s chair.
Waooohhh-uummff,” the Freelance police officer yelled as he was teleported from the table and sent falling down from the lamps. And then there was four players.

GLaDOS proceeded to deal the remaining players new hands. The Player was given a nine of Clubs and a six of Spades, he could get a straight with that. He then called the amount of chips as he puts them into the pot. “I call that,” the Demoman said placing the same amount of chips into the pot.
“I fold,” Ash said pushing his cards away from him.

“I call,” Cloudchaser stated placing the same amount of chips into the pot as well. GLaDOS then pulled out an eight of Hearts, seven of Diamonds, and six of Hearts.
“I hate to be that pony, but your chainsaw is leaking on my wings,” Cloudchaser said to Ash.
“Sorry about that Chaser,” the S-Mart employee apologized to her, “I sometimes like to be prepared.”
“For what exactly, an attack of the Changelings?” she asked.

“Changelings, Deadites, Demons, Vampires, or maybe your everyday mad scientists,” Ash replied to her.
“That may also count our Medic,” the Demoman cut in as the Player made a bet. The Red mercenary then called that bet.
“I fold,” Cloudchaser said tossing her cards away. GLaDOS then pulled out a five of Clubs from the deck.

The two then revealed their cards with the Demoman having a pair of fours. “Yes!” he cheered until GLaDOS pulled out a four of Diamonds, “What?!”
“The Player has… A Straight, the Demoman… A Straight,” the AI announced, “We have a tie and the pot is split.”
“Well, that was unexpected,” Ash admitted as the Player and the Red mercenary got their pieces of the pot. The AI then gave the players new hands.

This time the Player was given a pair of nines. “I call,” the Demoman said putting some chips into the pot.
“Raise,” Ash said putting a larger stack of chips into the pot.
“I fold,” Cloudchaser said tossing her cards away from her. The Player called as the AI pulled a two of Hearts, a five of Spades, and a Queen of Diamonds from the deck.

“I’m out,” Demoman said pushing his cards away.
“I’ll bet,” the S-Mart employee said placing a bet into the pot. The Player thought for a moment and raised that bet.
“You think you’re so special, don’t you?” GLaDOS asked as she pulled out a two of Spades from the deck.
“All in baby,” Ash said putting the rest of his chips into the pot.

The Player wasn’t surprised by this as he called that. The two of them revealed their hands. Ash had an Ace of Clubs and a five of Hearts. “Crap,” he cursed as they waited for the AI to pull out the final card. She pulled out a nine of Hearts from the deck.

“The Player has… A Full House, and Ash has… Two Pair,” she announced, “The Player wins the hand.”
“Sure you won with that hand mate,” the Demoman said to him.
“Ash has been eliminated from the tournament, and shall be removed by the Engineer’s teleporter,” the AI continued as the S-Mart employee was teleported to the bar section. Then there was three players left at the table. GLaDOS then gave them new hands.

Now, the Player was given a King of Clubs and a two of Diamonds. He wanted to wait to see what would happen before making a choice. “I call,” Cloudchaser said putting some of her chips into the pot. The Player called that as well.
“I’m in as well,” the Demoman said.

“So, Demo these freaks you have in your world?” she asked him as the AI pulled out a three of Diamonds, a six of Spades, and a King of Hearts from the deck.
“What about them lassie?” he asked as the purple mare checked.
“Are they all killers?” she asked him.
“Na, most of them protect humanity rather than destroy it,” the Demoman replied to her as the Player placed a bet into the pot.
“Like who?” she asked him again.

“Well… Let’s see…” he said trying to think of good freaks.
“Soldine, the cybernetic soldier… Karma Soldier, the soldier of the heavens… Medizard, the Medic of ice…” GLaDOS cut in giving them the information need, “Official Heavy, the Heavy of justice, may I go on?”
“Na, you're good lassie,” the Red mercenary replied to her.
“No thank you,” Cloudchaser told her as the Demoman called the bet. The AI then pulled out a two of Spades from the deck.

“I’m going all in,” Cloudchaser said putting the rest of her chips into the pot. The Player called that bet.
“Well, that is a clever move that won’t come back to bite you in the butt,” GLaDOS said to to him.
“Aye dare ya’ to try and beat me,” the Red mercenary stated also putting the rest of his chips into the pot. The three of them then revealed their cards.

The Demoman had a pair of threes and Cloudchaser has a six of Clubs and a Jack of Clubs. “This isn’t good for me isn’t it?” the Pegasus asked as they waited for GLaDOS to pull out the final card. She then pulled out a two of Clubs from the deck.
“Crap!” the Demoman said with a face palm.
“The purple equine has… Two pair, the mercenary has… A Full House, and you have… A Full House,” the AI announced, “The Player wins the hand.”

“The Player has won the tournament!” Winslow cheered. The Player turned to look at him.
The the Demoman came up to him and said, “Great work lad.” Winslow the whispered something into the mercenary’s ear. “Ah, right, in return for winning here is an honorary Red Team badge.”

He then gave the Player the badge. It was in the form of a soldier insignia. As custom in the Red team, the circle and rocket are golden yellow while the rest of the badge was red.

(Ending theme plays)

Author's Note:

Okay sorry if I took so long with this chapter guys. It took me a long time to finish this. But thankfully I'm done.
Now I can start working on the next bounty challenge. And I think I know who's next to put up her bounty.

Comments ( 1 )

let there be more hands. i like this stuff.

Login or register to comment