• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 1,003 Views, 17 Comments

The Truth - Blue Turtle



Just as dark clouds can bring rain, therefore life, they can also bring storms. Terrifying storms that rattle houses and burn forests. As is with the Truth. Not only can it open one's eyes, but it can also terrify.

  • ...
3
 17
 1,003

Hidden is the Devil

The Truth




It was so sudden... so terrifyingly sudden... I couldn't breath... It felt like everything around me crumbled... everything was just dead and gone... I don't understand... It's not fair! Why would this happen? It's not right, Nothing is right! How could this have happened?! Their eyes... those horror filled eyes... they peered into my soul... and I peered back... I don't know why, I don't know why...

-Celestia



It was a sunny day in the royal city of Canterlot. The Sun had just risen, warming the land. Luna lowered the Moon, smiling at her sister.

"Today is wonderful isn't it?" Luna said, her smile was the only warmth Celestia needed.

"Indeed, I wonder how Cadence and Twilight are faring." Celestia said, her strong yet soft voice bringing ease to Luna.

"Lets not worry about them right now sister, We have breakfast to eat." Luna said just as she turned to walk downstairs.

Celestia had a warm smile on her face, one that only Luna could bring. Celestia followed her sister down the stairs and into the kitchen. Celestia opened the window like she always did in the morning. Everyday since Luna was gone.

"Old Habits die hard, don't they Celestia?" Luna said as she watched her sister open the windows.

"I suppose so." Celestia answered. Celestia remembered when she first trudged down to the window, opening it so she could watch Luna's Moon go down. Celestia asked the chef for a bowl of oats with tea. The new chef gave her a strange look.

"Miss... why don't you want anything more... high brow like you usually get?" The chef asked, a confused look on his face.

"It's one of my favorite foods of course." Celestia said, almost like it was obvious. Luna had the same look on her face as Celestia; A mixture of confusion and slight disgust. The Chef nodded and went back to the kitchen.

"I swear ponies these days have no idea what we ate a thousands years ago." Luna said, pulling her hair over her chin like a mustache and beard. Celestia smiled and giggled. Luna pushed her hair off and laughed with her sister. The chef brought in their breakfast.

"Eh... just call if you'd like something else." The chef uncomfortably said. He backed away while the sisters began to eat.

"Maybe you and I could hang out today Luna." Celestia said, pushing her bowl away.

"That would be nice." Luna said, smiling back to her sister.

"I have a few conferences but maybe before sunset we could go back to the tree." Celestia motioned for Luna to follow her upstairs so they could wash up for the day.


"It's only proper for a princess to be clean and neat."


After some prepping Celestia and Luna were ready to tackle the busy day.

"See you in a few hours Tia." Luna said as she left for the Throne room. Celestia waved her sister goodbye and then walked out of their room and onto the balcony. Celestia lifted her wings and flew off.

_______________________________________________________________________


Twilight sat on her library floor almost all day. She was searching through some books and came across a very old and very dusty book. It had nothing on the cover except the picture of two alicorns. One was darkish blue with a purple mane, the other was a creamy color but as it ended it turned orange. It's mane was much the same except the orange turned blue. Though these features were hard to make out because time had worn away most of the book's color. Twilight remember a time spell but wasn't sure if she should use it. It took massive amounts of magic and could be dangerous if the magic circle was done incorrectly. She may also have to close the windows because, well Magic Circles had been banned. Spike closed the window as Twilight drew with chalk onto the floor. Spike looked around making sure nopony was looking, even though the windows and doors were closed and the curtains were over them. Celestia taught it to her before the ban. Twilight charged her horn and the chalk lit up. The circle had to be perfect otherwise the spell wouldn't work. Magic erupted from the circle, then tendrils of light dove into the book. Spike watched in awe as Twilight held her ground, even when a magic whip struck her hooves. Years were pulled out of the book, returning it to when it was new. The magic circle disappeared and the chalk vanished.

"There..." Twilight said in between heavy breaths. A large slash across her front hoof gushed blood, but Twilight was too busy admiring her work.

"Amazing..." Spike gasped as his eyes traveled to the book, which looked as good as new.

"AGH, Spike can you get the bandages?" Twilight said, holding her bleeding hoof.

"Right away!" Spike said, he ran off into another room in the library. Twilight sat down and waited. Though her crimson red blood was all over the floor and over her, Twilight wasn't bothered by it. Spike ran through, tangled in bandages.

"Uh I kinda-" Spike said as a purple aura surrounded the bandages and he was quickly untied. The bandages moved over to Twilight and wrapped up the bleeding hoof.

"I'll go to the doctor's later today." Twilight said as she realized that the bandage would not do the trick. Spike nodded and walked back.

"Maybe right now would be better." Spike said as the bandages turned red. Twilight nodded and walked strangely to the door. Twilight limped through the streets to the doctor. Her hooves were covered in blood, So many ponies were frightened to see her.

"Twilight are you ok?" FlutterShy said, running up to her friend.

"Eh... no not really... I scraped up my hoof pretty bad." Twilight said with a blush. FlutterShy let her friend lean on her to the Doctor's and waited outside for her while Twilight got it stitched up.

"You hurt yourself pretty badly here Princess, what in the blazes did you do?" The doctor asked as he finished her stitches. Though most of her arm was numb she could speak.

"Oh I was cutting up some carrots and I wasn't paying attention..." Twilight said, though the lie was half baked.

"I see, alright... Pay more attention next time you are cutting something alright?" The Doctor said back, His smile made her feel a little better. Though Twilight felt guilty she had to lie. Even if she is a princess that doesn't excuse her from using banned magic. Twilight got up and limped away.
Darn it I really wish these anesthetic would wear off... Twilight thought. FlutterShy waited with Angel outside.

"There you are, Angel and I got worried." FlutterShy said quietly, like always. Angel looked at her unamused. Twilight walked slowly towards her house, waving off FlutterShy.

"Spiiiiiiike I'm home." Twilight yelled. The baby dragon ran downstairs and hugged Twilight.

"Thank goodness, you're ok." Spike said as he smiled.

"It's not that bad..." Twilight said, though a bit unsure of her own words.

"Don't give me that Twilight, You could barely walk for pony's sakes." Spike said throwing his arms in the air. Twilight looked outside and watched FlutterShy walk away.

"Hey Spike, Have you felt like something was wrong one day... but you can't place your hoof on what's wrong?" Twilight said as she began to write her letter.

"No not really... well maybe when we were in the Crystal Empire the first time but..." Spike replied back, but as he finished his sentence his voice became less confident.

"Whatever, Most of the time every turns out alright." Spike shook his head and continued stacking books. Twilight continued to write.


Dear Princess Celestia,
How are you feeling today? (Though this letter is coming quite early) So far i've managed to hurt myself pretty badly (Don't tell anypony but it seems that a whip of Magic has cut my hoof) Though i'm ok. I found this book today and I was wondering if you knew what it is? It's a dark blue book with two alicorns on it, except they aren't you and Luna. One is like a creamy color that turns orange then dark blue and another that's almost black and has a dark purple mane. I wonder who they are. I read the first few pages but it just seems to be some stories. Like there were these strange creatures called Kirins and supposedly could control land. There was one called Ventus that united them. It's very interesting but i'm not really sure if it's true. I was wondering if you could clarify? I mean... I have no idea how old you actually are but if the age of the book tells me anything you must have been quite young at the time this book was made. Anyways that's all I have to say,

Your faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle


"Hey Spike can you send this to Celestia?" Twilight said. Spike walked over, taking the parchment. Spike took in a deep breath and let out a blast of green fire. The fire enveloped the paper and flew out the window.

_______________________________________________________________________

Luna shuffled through papers making sure everything was stamped and read over, checking it over again.

"Alright, all the paperwork is done for today, though Celestia still has some notes for her I have left to read." Luna said to her assistant. BurningNight was a nice pony, but she was a bit shy. Luna though enjoyed the mare's company. BurningNight was nice enough but also because occasionally she'd crack a joke or two. One was about the nobility and how stuffy they were.

"I swear if those ponies were any stuffier Celestia would have to open all the windows..."

Luna shook her head and smiled at BurningNight.

"Something wrong miss?" BurningNight asked, looking up to Luna.

"Oh nothing... Thank you." Luna shook her head, though the smile wouldn't come off.

"For what?" BurningNight asked again, confused.

"Oh.. it's nothing... But I would like to ask thee- you if you'd like to come to tea with me and my sister later today." Luna said as she stepped down from the throne.

"Oh my... Princess Luna you don't have to-" BurningNight mumbled back, surprised.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to, but I would appreciate it if you would. You've been my assistant for a four days already and I know almost nothing about you. Though once again, you don't have to come." Luna said in a soft voice. BurningNight took a moment to think.

"Alright... I guess i'll go." BurningNight replied with a smile. Luna smiled back.

"Alright before that though I need you two give put these papers in the archives." Luna said as her magic aura lifted over the stack. BurningNight moved the stack over to a cart and pushed it down the long pathway. Luna smiled for a while but it faded as the loneliness in the room became apparent. There were some guards but they didn't speak nor did they move really. None of the Solar Guards would approach her really, then again Her Lunar Guard tend to stay away from Celestia, though she could not blame them. Luna sighed and took out her book. Luna read but eventually drifted off in thought. The door creaked open and Celestia walked through.

"Sister!" Luna said as she jumped up and ran to her sister.

"Oh Hello Luna, how's your day been?" Celestia said, Her Smile light.

"Good! I took care of the proposal from Emerald Feather, BurningNight left a while ago to bring them to the archives." Luna stated politely.

"I see, and what do I have to do for today?" Celestia asked her little sister.

"Oh, Well the council of nobles requested an audience with you, Quill delivered the tax and the Griffons requested a declaration of alliance." Luna recited from the checklist in her head.

"Alright. I'll get right on that, Thank you Luna." Celestia said. Celestia smiled and walked off, Her mane of color that only a rainbow could capture. Though Luna knew her sister's true color; Pink. When they were younger Celestia had wavy soft pink hair, Luna always like to hide in it when she was a filly. Luna always felt safe with Celestia, like nothing could hurt her. Luna remember the warm face that greeted her everyday... but for a thousand years it was not there. But now it was back and everyday that smile was like a gift. But Luna knew what hid behind that smile... sometimes she wished she could help her sister...

Luna shook her head

Never mind that. Luna though as her sister disappeared behind a doorway.
Celestia can handle herself just fine. She's been doing it for well over a thousand years so she can still do it now.
Luna's head snapped up as a servant walked in, humming a song. It was a familiar; One of the many Celestia had sung to her. Though it was puzzling where the servant heard it.

"Excuse me, Miss?" Luna said as she approached the pony. The pony was dark blue and looked a lot like an old friend of Luna.


Nebula?



Luna passed off the thought.

"Yes Princess?" The young mare said, standing politely.

"We were wondering where you heard that song, The tho-you were just humming?" Luna stated, Her voice carrying her normal royal tone.

"Oh.. well I may have heard Celestia singing it before you came back... She seemed upset...My deepest apologies for not doing anything, And eavesdropping..." The Mare mumbled out. Luna nodded but contained her sadness. This was one of the many things she and Celestia had learned during their rule... Putting on a mask.

"Alright, Thank you." Luna choked out. Luna turned away and walked off. The mane of stars covering her face, so no pony could see the pain in Luna's face.

Why do I feel this? It makes no sense... Tia has forgiven us... Everypony forgives us... except Levier.. or what about Mother and Father? They are disappointed... I feel it. Luna hung her head.
Luna sighed and shook her head.
It doesn't matter. Mother and Father aren't here and neither of Levier. For now I'm fine. Luna thought quietly. She lifted up her head and pulled her hair off of her face.

"There, all better." Luna smiled to herself and walked out of the throne room. Luna looked towards the clock outside. 4:24. Luna's eyes grew wide. A green kirin stood in front of the willow tree. Her mane was a dark green with lighter green streaks, Her body was grass green. The tail of dragon, almost. It was covered in long fur except on the tip, where it's more like her mane. Her eyes were bright green but lacked life. It stood over the water. A younger mare joined her, It had a pink wavy mane was hid a small blue filly. The pink maned alicorn's sunny yellow magic lifted off the other alicorn. The kirin's eyes lit up and greeted the two with openly. She hugged both of them tightly. Luna blinked and they were gone. Luna stared at the spot. Luna took only a few moments to stand only to walk back to the throne room. Luna shrugged off the memory and continued with her work. Ponies came and and left, most asking her to sign their petitions or review them. Some giving her documents to sign. One pony was lost and asked her where the courtyard was. Luna gave the confused mare the right directions. Another door creaked open and Celestia stepped through. Celestia walked forward and smiled at Luna.

"Alright, I've taken care of everything we needed to do today, now We can go to tea." Celestia's horn lit up and she became a Pegasus. Her coat was creamy white but her mane was a wavy pink. Celestia looked like she had so long ago (Except without a horn) Luna did the same and became a blue Unicorn with a light blue mane. Celestia and Luna walked out of the Throne room, though most of the guards were surprised to see two mares walk out of the throne room even though they had not walked in.

"Halt!" One guard shoved a spear in front of Celestia.

"Yes sir?" Celestia said, keeping her composure.

"State your name and State your business?" The guard stated loudly in Celestia face. Celestia blinked.

"Morning Wing, And this is my friend Night Sky, sorry but me and my friend came in from a different section of the castle." Celestia calmly said.

"Alright what were you doing in the throne room?" The guard said as his eyes darted from Celestia to Luna.

"Ah... we asked for Luna to sign a document but it turned out she wasn't there." Luna slowly pointed out. The guard shook his head and let them through. Celestia walked out of the castle with Luna next to her. They dropped by a small tea shop to meet BurningNight.

"Wow you two look different." Burning Night. The pale white mare smiled and Celestia led them to their seats. To any other pony they looked so normal. No pony knew that they were in the presence of the Rulers of Equestria.

"Good evening ladies, I will be your server for today." The creamy coated server said politely.

"Yes, thank you." Luna, Or Night Sky said. The creamy coated waiter goes on about their tea until BurningNight, Luna and Celestia come to their decision. Nothing fancy. The waiter nodded and left.

"He was nice." Celestia pointed out as she looked at the clouds overhead.

"I suppose so." Luna said, also looking up at the clouds. It was sunny on the east, but towards the west the clouds began to darken.

"I hope we get our tea before the pegasi get those clouds over there." BurningNight said, biting her lower lip.

"This tea isn't too fancy I hope... thankfully not too many ponies are here today." Luna said, her head looking around to see quite a few seats empty.

"I suppose it's because of the rain, well I guess all we can do is hope for the best." Celestia said, she sighed and looked around, a few ponies looking at the mare strangely. Though the cafe was more on the fancy side, Celestia and Luna looked pretty plain. Night Sky was pretty but nothing special and Morning Wing was somewhat plain. BurningNight however was different. She was almost pure white, but her mane contrasted so beautifully; Bright cherry red and dark blue that mixed together. A stallion made a comment about Night Sky, but was silenced by an angry glare from Celestia. Celestia sighed as shook her head. She smiled to the waiter as he came back a few moments later with their tea. Celestia took her tea and thanked the waiter. Luna and BurningNight also thanked the waiter. Luna sipped her tea, made a face and switched with Celestia.

"I guess they may have mixed up our order a bit." BurningNight said as she tasted her tea being oddly bitter (At least for what she ordered)

"Hm.. switch again." Celestia said tasting the odd flavored tea. She passed it to BurningNight who passed her original cup to Luna and Luna passed the Tea she had to Celestia.

"Ok, I think we fixed it." BurningNight said, lifting her tea up to her mouth. After everypony got their respective tea they enjoyed the decreasingly sunny day. The day felt so normal to them...

_______________________________________________________________________

Twilight sat in her bed, continuing to read.

"On the first day, oceans of fire raised smoke to the heavens, choking the pegasi and forcing them to the ground, Rivers of tears flowing down the faces of every living thing. The plants cried for their mother but she was too weak to answer. The Sun had come."

"On the second day the flowers wilted and the grass browned, all water drying up. Trees shriveled up and died. Ponies sat in the blistering heat, unable to move out of the shade, which was quickly disappearing. The draconequus laughed at the disrepair he had caused, if it was inadvertent."

"On the third day, Fire rained from the heavens, scorching the once beautiful land turned to ash. Plants cried for their mother, but she was already too weak. She could not help them anymore she could help herself. The demon searched as the draconequus laughed terribly. His puppet could only watch the land she ruled turn to dust. Charred bodies laid strewn across the land.

"The fourth day, The demon confronted Discord. The battle raged on, Luna the shepherd of the Moon and stars used as a puppet."

Twilight gasped at the picture before her. It was both terrifying and strange to see such a detailed picture in a book.

"By the fifth day the Demon fought on. It's fire burning all in it's wake. Luna cried for it to stop. But it would not. It made no sound, the roar of fire from it's wing and tail shrouding any sounds it could possibly make."

"On the sixth day, Discord retreated. Though he was not stopped, The Demon had won the fight. Luna was returned-though her body was battered and broken, none of it could amount to what was broken the most; Her heart. The Sun had lasted for a full six days. Luna forced the Sun downwards, the demon standing. The Moon rose finally."

Twilight's mouth hung open. She had no words left to speak, Silence was enough. She had read many stories but none really took her breath away.

"It is said there is a place where you can find evidence of the Battle. Only a mile of west from Canterlot a dark scar stains the earth. Some fires are still said to be burning. No pony dare go in there because of it's burning heat. All except Princess Celestia. For reasons no pony knows she can survive the heat." Twilight looked out the window.

"Spike. We're going on a field trip. First I need a spell for heat resistance." Twilight stepped out of bed as Spike ran downstairs. Twilight joined him looking for a book, any book that'd help. Though Spike found this book, Twilight's magic pulled it out of his hands before he could say anything. Though it was quite cloudy outside it was nothing compared to the clouds over Canterlot. Twilight took the book and went to her friends. Pinkie Pie went with her willingly, As well as Rainbow Dash and AppleJack. Rarity was being a bit stuffy and said she wasn't sure. But she eventually said yes. FlutterShy was also reluctant to go but with some pestering she went along with her friends back to the library. Twilight opened the magic book and sighed.

"Girls promise me you won't tell anyone about the magic circle?" Twilight said with sigh. Her friends gave her a surprised look. (Except Rarity)

"Aren't those thing illegal Twi? I mean I know you're a Princess and all but I dunno... we could get in trouble." AppleJack gave Twilight a pained look as she spoke.

"We have to see if the Six Days of Fire were actually true, if so we have to warn Celestia that's there's some Fire-Demon just flying around the world spreading Fire!" Twilight said, Rarity was surprisingly ok with using a magic circle. Rarity in fact helped Twilight with the chalk markings.

"She has a point ya know... I mean if there is some weird flaming-pony-thing just chilling out without anypony knowing than we could end up like those ponies were in the book." Rainbow Dash said, pointing to a picture of the Demon standing over a pile of charred dead ponies. Pinkie Pie nodded, FlutterShy and Rarity nodding. AppleJack sighed

"I guess we'll get this over with than." AppleJack said, her tone slightly annoyed but mostly impatient.

"Watch your hooves." Rarity said as she saw Pinkie accidentally step on one of the chalk lines. Twilight corrected it but Both Rarity and Twilight knew if the circle was even a little bit off they could be in some trouble, not wanting to scare their friends they only glanced at each other while checking the lines. Twilight charged her horn and the circle lit. Light burst out of the markings and the mares gasped, all but Twilight and Rarity.

"This is the power of a magic circle.." Rainbow Dash gasped as She watched Magic dart around the room. Twilight's eyes glowed and the magic circle glowed brighter. Bright magic lashed upwards, it touched AppleJack and suddenly she was tinted blue.

"That's one pony down.." Rarity said as Twilight put more effort into it. Rarity knew the strain of a magic circle; Twilight manipulating magic that wasn't her own. This is quite difficult which also makes it dangerous. Ponies have been known to pass out from using to much magic. Rarity's horn glowed and suddenly a great weight was lifted from Twilight's body. Rarity's eyes glowed brightly and another magic tendril lashed out, this time hitting Pinkie Pie. She was tinted blue as well. Though she was excited she stayed in place. Magic flung itself everywhere, eventually hitting Rainbow Dash and FlutterShy. Twilight allowed Rarity to let go of the weight of magic, only to be tinted blue herself. Twilight slowly let the magic return to where it came.

"Wow..." *FlutterShy said as the Magic circle disappeared. The chalk was used up as well as a great deal of Twilight and Rarity's strength.

"Thanks Rarity." Twilight said in between heavy breaths.

"No problem darling." Rarity gave Twilight a tired smile as she spoke. All six ponies were tinted blue; And a certain baby Dragon that passed out from worry when Rarity took over a portion of the magic.

"Maybe we made the circle a bit too big... That was a bit more magic than I thought would come out." Twilight said, leaning her head back.

"After we finish our breath we'll head out. It may take a little while so you guys go pack. Don't worry the tint will go away." Twilight said as she and Rarity sat down to rest. Pinkie Pie bounced out, Her friends walking out as their tinted figures slowly became normal again.

"Rarity you know that was very dangerous right?" Twilight said with a concerned tone.

"Dear you needed help, I will gladly share the full force of an over sized magic circle for my friends." Rarity said as she gave a tired smile.

"Thank you, it's appreciated." Twilight said as she fell backwards, laying on the ground. Her feather were in desperate need of preening, thankfully no magic whips sliced at her again. Twilight lifted herself up, going over to help rarity up as well. Rarity left to go get packed shortly after. Twilight shuddered at the thought of seeing the demon. Twilight shook her head and packed her saddle bag. Spike packed his own stuff a "backpack" as Rarity calls it. They headed out of the Library and waited for their friends to return. One by one everyone gathered and they were off.


Six mares walked along an old beaten path. The stones that at once time were ordered now were lodged in strange places or even missing. Stone were piled high on the side of the old road.

"Who would lay this perfectly good rocks alongside the road?" Pinkie Pie said as she moved around a stone pile. The pile had two next to it, one being smaller than the others.

"Way back when ponies would pile up stones to mark graves, they were also used for good fortune to the family." Twilight said, her tone dimming everypony's mood.

"That's depressing." Rainbow Dash pointed out. No pony said anything as more stone piles littered the roadside. As they got closer to the end of the road (Or at least Twilight hoped was the end) There was less and less vegetation. It was hot, though the six could not notice because of the spell. Though they could see the heat distorting the road a head. A stream cut through the road but it was easy to tell the water was boiling hot. Steam rose up through the air making it difficult to see the other side. Rainbow Dash flew up to see how far the jump was and came back with a disheartened look.

"Twilight you might wanna see this." Rainbow Dash choked out. Twilight lifted her wings and flew alongside her friend.
They flew up above the steam was a battle ground. Fire's littered the area, which was black with ash. Large craters were scattered over flattened region.There were scorch marks all over, as well as in the center a small pile of rusty chains. Twilight flew down slowly. FlutterShy was a bit scared of jumping over the river but eventually hopped over with the others. Rarity stared at the land with terror, The feeling of dread spread over her. The unsettling feeling spread through the air. Pinkie Pie looked towards the barren land with a mixture of disbelief and disgust. FlutterShy was mortified that the land could be so... dead. AppleJack took off her hate and put it to her chest.

"Mother, Father... how in the name of all that is good could a place like this exist?" AppleJack spoke with a tone no pony could place. AppleJack rarely spoke out loud to her parents in front of anyone. Twilight pushed her hoof into the ground, it was blisteringly hot but soft. Like a beach that'd been in siting in the sun all day.

"It's like a scar." Rarity pointed out. Fires dotted the landscape like small beacons of an ancient battle.

"What kind of monster could do this?" FlutterShy asked. No pony could give an obvious answer. Spike sat down on the hot ground.

"No wonder Discord retreated. Do you see the magic marks? It looks like something took a bite out of the mountain over there." Spike pointed to the mountain, which was miles away. It looked as though somepony had a circular cookie-cutter and sliced off part of the mountain side.

"What are all you doing here?!" A familiar voice rang out.

"Discord?!" Twilight turned to the draconequus.

"Eh.. yes..." Discord morphed from a rock.

"What is this place?" AppleJack reluctantly asked.

"This is where.. My battle too place with... Radiant Malevolence." Discord carefully said. He lowered his head in shame. The ponies stared at him.

"I see... and Luna was your... puppet." Twilight pulled out the book.

"Yes. That was at the peak of my little expose into Insanity." Discord said as he turned himself over.

"That's in the past now though. Anyway do you mind if you teleport us away? Back to Ponyville. This place is depressing..." FlutterShy politely asked her friend. Discord smiled slightly and nodded. And with the snap of his claws they were back at the library.

"Thanks Discord." Twilight said, though it looked like it slipped out rather than she intentionally said it. Whether the group liked it or not they were starting to warm up to him.

"Though I didn't get as much research as I wanted done, That place was terrifying enough." Twilight said putting the book away.

"Thank you for coming girls I guess i'll see you later." Twilight said, she waved off her friends as they left. Spike waved goodbye after blowing a kiss to Rarity. Spike blushed when Twilight looked to down to see him blowing the kiss, Rarity though, played along and caught the kiss.

Author's Note:

Side Note;
I felt I may have to say something about literary devices;
Morning Wing and Celestia are the same ponies, as are Luna and Night Sky. I used this to show how Night Sky and Morning Wing were plain, The polar opposite of Celestia and Luna (I mean, they are possibly the tallest ponies we've seen yet AND they have ethereal-flowing-y manes that sparkle, I mean what can top THAT) It also shows how Though the stallions were making a comment about Night Sky, and not necessarily Luna, Celestia still glared at them because obviously Celestia doesn't promote that kinda of talk. Therefore when Celestia glared at them it was because well, first and foremost Celestia loves her sister to bits and pieces but also because Celestia dislikes the thought that appearances are what matter. I also used this scene as a device. Though Night Sky and Luna are the same ponies, Night Sky an act WAAAAY more differently than Luna, the same goes for Celestia. BUT their relationship is still the same- Kinda. Also how BurningNight is talking to LUNA, not Night Sky because she knows that Night Sky and Luna are one and the same (Same goes for Celestia.) OK did that help?

<><><><><><><><><><><><>