• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 1,717 Views, 64 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Wasteland's Beauty. - D1scordant



With the help of her friends, a young mare learns to find beauty in the bleakest of places.

  • ...
10
 64
 1,717

Six

Chapter Six
A pony’s gotta do what a pony’s gotta do.

We had been walking for several hours in the direction of Las Pegasus, when Chip spotted four other ponies. One was a massive green earth pony wearing absurdly heavy armor, and had two large cannons mounted to his battle saddle. The others where unicorn mares. They looked filthy, and beaten.

“More raiders?” I asked.

“No, Red Eye’s damned slavers!” Chip growled in reply.

The gray earth pony started spinning up his mini gun. Chip was about to charge at the slaver, when A sickly green fireball slammed into him. I shrieked as the slaver exploded, some of him ending up in my mane. The captured ponies, were completely covered in gore. I tasted bile, and vomited.

Out of the blood stained crater crawled a black... Pony? It sure didn’t look like a pony. I mean it was about the same shape and size as a pony, but it was different, almost alien. This ‘thing’ had an angular build covered in a thick black carapace covered in spikes. Four insectoid wings shot from its back, and a twisted horn adorned its head . It glared at us with greenish blue eyes.

I began levitating my rifle out. Before I could react the ‘not pony’ had disarmed me and knocked me senseless. In a matter of seconds we had been knocked out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to find myself in a small cave, my friends were already conscious and sitting around a small fire. The three unicorn slaves were also there. I also noticed they were no long covered n pony.

“Ah, Diamond, darling, you're awake” Winter chimed.

“I am?” I replied awkwardly, my mind still fuzzy.

She chuckled.

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind. “What happened?”

Chip looked at me, a bit frustrated, “We got our tails hooved to us by that thing.”

“I have a name you know, pony,” The creature replied, as it walked into the cave. It, or rather he, had a strange voice, it sounded like deep buzzing mixed with a hissing sound, “It’s Chit, and I’m not a ‘Thing’. I am a Changeling.”

I had read of how a princess named Cadence had defeated the queen of the Changelings, and drove them out of Equestria centuries ago.

“Why are you in Equestria?” I asked.

“Negotiations” He replied. ”Unfortunately, My team and the ambassador, were killed by some kind of pink gas.”

“You weren’t in Canterlot, were you?” Winter said, looking up, ”That city is a death trap, with the pink cloud, and all.”

“As I can see,” He replied, ”You ponies certainly fu, erm, messed up Equestria.”

I noticed the Chit had avoided cursing. I was starting to think that’s how ponies were supposed to talk in the wasteland. I kind of wondered why.

I glanced at the ex-slaves, one was awake and talking quietly with Chip, while the others where asleep. The two sleeping unicorns where, I noticed, barely more than fillies. I felt white hot rage building up inside me.

How could ponies become so evil? How could they get so screwed up, that they take innocent fillies as slaves? I just felt like killing somepony! Was I starting to turn?

The older unicorn turn from chip and glanced at me, smiling warmly. She had a tan coat, and blonde hair. Her smile was also very infectious.

“So, what’s you name?” she asked.”I’m Desert Blossom.”

“Diamond Sky.” I smiled back.

She nodded, “And these are my adopted daughters, Mountain Breeze, and Shining Blaze.”

Daughters? Desert Blossom was hardly any older than me!

“They’d been walking for days when they passed out just outside of town, no one else in town had room, so I had to take them.”

I nodded

“They haven’t told me what happened, Blaze dosn’t ever talk about it. Breeze just dosn’t even talk at all.”

I turned toward Chip “we’ve gotta help these ponies get home tomorrow.”

“Eeyup.” he replied.

The tan unicorn looked at me “You’re going to help us get home?”

She sounded unbelieving.

I nodded,”We sure as hell are!”

I had to do this, didn’t care that my little pony was telling me to stay the course. A pony’s gotta do, what a pony’s gotta do, and I gotta get these three ponies to their home safely!